Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dinosaurs

Real Name Dinosaurs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dinosaurs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 6, 2010, 01:49
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 55440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Deluxe Professional Edition
1. Re: Hitman: Absolution Deluxe Professional Edition Jul 4, 2012, 13:05 Dinosaurs

I got excited when I read this came with a statue, but good lord those mighty mugg style figures are stupid. No thanks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand
19. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand Nov 19, 2010, 19:21 Dinosaurs

I'm not crazy about LOTRO...Dungeons and Dragons: Online is much better imo. It's closer to Guild Wars than WoW, but you can jump, so I think it has a leg up on GW. And it's free (freer than LOTRO, I think, but I'm not sure about the details of that).

The only problem I'm having is that it's kinda hard, unlike most other MMOs...

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
3. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 11:22 Dinosaurs

It seems to me that all of this could have been avoided by Valve changing the name from DOTA to something new. And frankly that's the only way I can really see this being resolved. It's not even a very good name to begin with, especially given that (if I remember right) they aren't legally allowed to call it Defense of the Ancients, meaning that DOTA is really an acronym for nothing.  

News Comments > Steam Passes 30M Users
26. Re: Steam Passes 30M Users Oct 18, 2010, 14:12 Dinosaurs

ASeven wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 13:26:
Only get games that need Steamworks from Steam, otherwise I get them in other digital stores. Steam prices are exorbitant compared to the other stores, and no, not counting the sales obviously, just the regular prices.

30m is a respectful number though.

Aside from used console stuff, I haven't really seen anything on Steam that's significantly more expensive than it would be at Gamestop, so I donno if I believe this statement. And the sales/preorder discounts more than make up for it, especially the winter sale which is absolutely awesome.

News Comments > Steam Passes 30M Users
12. Re: Steam Passes 30M Users Oct 18, 2010, 12:51 Dinosaurs

I've always preferred Steam over anything else, and never really had trouble with it. The DRM is significantly better than a lot of other titles, but definitely kinda sucks when your internet connection isn't behaving. If they improved the ability to play offline I would say it's just about flawless, especially with the ability to share save games over Steam Cloud, and how useful the overlay can be for chatting and using the web.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2010, 11:53 Dinosaurs

FreonTrip wrote on Oct 17, 2010, 22:09:
Anonymous wrote on Oct 17, 2010, 17:13:
What's with all these sheep noobs buying it up like it's an awesome game?!

Attribute it to the inertia of the series, the popularity of the genre, and the influence of millions of dollars in marketing. Then let yourself contemplate that this exercise in felching will sell plural orders of magnitude more than a game like Amnesia.

Amnesia sounds like it's terrifying

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't buy games that make me shit my pants.

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
4. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 16:21 Dinosaurs

Good lord is that thing ugly.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Monthly Fees in Russia
14. Re: StarCraft II Monthly Fees in Russia Apr 13, 2010, 14:44 Dinosaurs

Kezzek wrote on Apr 13, 2010, 14:23:
Am I a freak? I've never played Starcraft. I feel like I'm alone in this.

If you didn't start playing when the game was released, it was just about impossible to get into it because everyone else is so damn good. This is gonna be a thousand times worse in SC2 because everyone has been playing SC1 for a decade, and because of the selective beta that means many players have been playing for months.

That said, yeah, I think most people have played Starcraft.

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo