Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D_K_night

Real Name D_K_night   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2009, 02:26
Total Comments 172 (Novice)
User ID 55425

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
16. No subject Feb 25, 2014, 23:05 D_K_night

Prez wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:45:
Fletch wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:26:
GameAnger wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:31:
Compare this to leveling an entire character to 90, I like the idea.

Isn't leveling a character supposed to be the fun/point of the game?

Exactly what my first thought was. But then I remembered that people play MMO' s for different reasons than we play single player games. If you are playing with friends it's a drag for everyone involved to play together with characters of vastly different levels.

Yup absolutely true. There are people who only play Arena or PvP and need to be at level cap for the Arena season.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
20. No subject Feb 11, 2014, 01:35 D_K_night

Deal with it?

Actually no, I choose not to. Your game sounds boring. "first person experience", going around fixing electronics in space?

Pass.

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Dec 7, 2013, 21:31 D_K_night

Did anyone here catch the absolute, almost abusive job opening at Penny Arcade? It's on LinkedIn, but I believe there's also a gawker article about it too. Here's a snippet:

"We are quite literally looking for a person that can do four jobs: Web Development, Software Development, Sys Admin, and the (dreaded) GENERAL IT for us here that need help configuring a firewall for a dev kit, etc. Sorry, I know thatís the WORST, but itís absolutely part of the gig."

And you know what they also said? "...we're not big on money". Yup. They actually said that on the job ad. They wanted someone to handle four different jobs, and pay them peanuts, and compensate them in the form of "great teamwork" and "yearly team vacation trips".

Now it kinda adds up, that we see this event occur.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
34. No subject Nov 9, 2013, 01:55 D_K_night

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:28:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:28:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:18:
Kill off all the characters people who played Warcraft loved?
Retcon it all by doing a shitty time traveling expansion?
Fuck WoW and fuck their writers.
What drivel.

What characters are you referring to?

Everyone who was relevant? Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead. The only ones left are Proudmore and Sylvanas/Banshee Queen from the original games that anyone gives a shit about.

The fact of the matter is they've lost anyone interested in the original Warcraft RTS Lore at this point and time travel is a piss poor way of dealing with it. It's an incredibly trite and pathetic way to pull a mulligan.

This tells me no matter what they try, they can't please you. Admit it.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
33. No subject Nov 9, 2013, 01:54 D_K_night

I don't know what's wrong with some of you. So many of you are looking to hate, no matter what they try to do with the warcraft universe.

"oh retconn waahhhh"

"oh boring story wahhhhh"

"oh not interested wahhh"

The mere fact that you posted, means you cared enough to. Wanna know how you kill anything off? It's by not even caring to look.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
4. No subject Nov 3, 2013, 13:08 D_K_night

Personally? You know what the true lesson here is?

Warhammer should have had it all. It should have been the gritty, alternative universe to WoW's disney-fied theme park. So what exactly led to warhammer's demise?

The game had many genuinely good ideas, ideas that were adapted into future MMO's past it. It was supposed to have far superior PvP content vs WoW's. Didn't it support realm vs realm combat too? All these things should have led up to a game which should have given WoW a good run for it's money.

And then Wrath of the Lich King came out and buried WAR. I think this game deserves a developer post-mortem. What exactly went wrong?

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
33. No subject Aug 23, 2013, 15:46 D_K_night

wtf_man wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 15:28:
I'm still not buying an XBone... nor Windows 8.x.

Not even if they bring back the Start Menu?

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
16. No subject Jul 26, 2013, 11:19 D_K_night

Frijoles wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:37:
Somehow i doubt rift gained 600k subs directly from wow.

599,999. I went to GW2.

I'll return to WoW with the next expansion. I really want them to announce a new Warcraft RTS though. The story has gone stale since Arthas was defeated.

we need something like the lich king back. Just an over-arching villain established from expansion day ONE to taunt us and challenge us from the get-go.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
15. No subject Jul 26, 2013, 11:17 D_K_night

Even with its all-time lowest subscriber-base in years, WoW still remains the biggest MMO with easily the biggest revenue generation, no other MMO touches it.

Still though - they need to get back to the awesome days of Lich King when they scored 10 mil.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. No subject Jul 23, 2013, 16:18 D_K_night

Maybe MS oughta "aggressively discount" their Surface RT down to $99 bucks, WITH Type cover.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Movie Status
11. No subject Jul 3, 2013, 11:38 D_K_night

It's too late for a WoW movie.

They should have come out with it during Wrath of the Lich King time. It's gonna flop now.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. No subject May 31, 2013, 21:12 D_K_night

Hello, Peter Molyneux.

yeah...that milo game? you know...the game where you interact with a boy using the Kinect, and every single experience he's ever had, is uploaded to a master server?

Finish that game. Prove to us that it really wasn't scripted vaporware.

News Comments > GameStop Stops Rainbow 6 Patriots Preorders
10. No subject May 17, 2013, 19:00 D_K_night

that's ok, no reason to preorder from EBGames/Gamestop anyways.

Digital distribution, forget the glorified pawnshops.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals and "Donations"
7. No subject May 12, 2013, 13:47 D_K_night

This is insane and definitely, absolutely smells of a scam. Since when does someone go to kickstarter for $$ AND asks for "donations"

This doesn't make you look good.

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
19. No subject Apr 2, 2013, 02:30 D_K_night

Also notice garrett's eyes. One of them is already a different color, signifying that it's mechanical.

so it can't be a reboot, but rather a continuation of the series. yes different voice actor, but time will tell if the game truly isn't a thief game anymore.

News Comments > Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film
16. Re: Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film Mar 6, 2013, 19:25 D_K_night

sounded like more like, he wanted to make world of warcraft, but his own interpretation of it, which probably ended up completely unlike the universe of Azeroth.

Or why else would Blizzard be gunshy? They don't care if you make a great movie. They would care, if what you have in mind is so out there that it doesn't even begin to resemble the source material.

Or maybe Blizzard really is in the wrong. There's just so much that's not being said here. What was the script like? Show us...just something.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. No subject Feb 23, 2013, 00:43 D_K_night

hey RIAA:

I heard that times have been tough, and your workforce ain't what it used to be.

maybe it's time to bury the hatchet.

News Comments > EA Layoffs
1. No subject Feb 21, 2013, 20:38 D_K_night

yes, "transition is your friend" try telling that to a software developer who toiled through endless crunch time, 16 hour days, 7 days a week, never seeing friends/family.

These days it just seems as becoming a game developer is not the way to go. You're much safer doing a business analyst or PM job.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
25. No subject Feb 15, 2013, 19:16 D_K_night

Well as they say, if you don't like it, well so sad.

Can't wait for the expansion myself, it's going to be awesome.

And before you guys rush in with "OOOH you're just a fanboi" - take a look at the games I've been playing lately:

- Assasin's Creed 3
- Hitman: Absolution

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
37. No subject Feb 14, 2013, 14:52 D_K_night

avianflu wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 13:06:
Multiple firings like that dont happen unless there was some area of notable and chronic dysfunction.

We'll never know the whole story.

And plus Valve ain't exactly some company with many thousands of staff.

Didn't they say they were small, and intended to always remain small?

25 people out of a few hundred is not some trivial number.

172 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo