Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 444 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced
20. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 08:50 gilly775

Rumor that this could be MP and/or persistent online world. I hope not

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693001

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 13:29 gilly775

Well, if the streaming from your Windows PC option in the SteamOS works well, this could really be big.

I have always said I would ditch Windows on my primary PC if my Steam games could work. Going forward, I hope this is a good sign.

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
24. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 15, 2013, 14:36 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 04:27:
RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 16:23:
Another 4X game?

Endless Space, StarDrive, and Distant Worlds: Shadows released recently, and Horizon, Star Lords, Endless Legends are in development.

I love 4X games and having a lot of choices is fine with me, but I just don't know if there is enough demand for 4X to support that many titles. Backing one on Kickstarter would be out of the question for me.

Kickstarter is a great tool for bringing games to the market that don't currently exist and big publishers don't want to make, like Star Citizen, but not for another 4X game. That would be like Kickstarting a Call of Duty title.

None of the games you listed are *good* 4x games, (turn based) 4x games at all (Distant Worlds), or; out yet to judge them properly.

And when I look at the 4x space genre I get cringes and contortions. Make Total War Space based on (Legend of galactic Heroes) (with a working AI for a change). And that would be a great 4x game.

I just want to put that here... listen to this to understand why 4x genre is nearly dead. Despite dozens of offerings

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/lost-in-space

20 Years of development, and all people do to this day are bad and uninspired MOO clones

I am just totally disillusioned with this genre by now.

I hate to tell you this but Distant Worlds is a 4X game. If it weren't, it wouldn't be labeled so on the publisher's page.

I know what you are trying to say here because of its pausible, real-time gameplay, but it meets everything in the "4X" definition.

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
17. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 21:13 gilly775

$30 to get the game? F that. I seem to recall Stardrive and other 4X games being cheaper on KS with much better graphics.  

News Comments > Game Dev Tycoon Steam Preorders
3. Re: Game Dev Tycoon Steam Preorders Aug 23, 2013, 11:19 gilly775

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:33:
I've only seen a few let's play videos on it, but it looks really fun. I do worry about what appears to be (at least in earlier versions) some randomness on game scores...

It's really all based on how you put genres together with technology, like how sports games go well with consoles. There are guides out there that show you the best combinations for your games.

News Comments > Endless Legend Announced
7. Re: Endless Legend Announced Aug 22, 2013, 10:03 gilly775

Hyatus wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 04:40:
Why are the people bigger than the trees? It seems a little off.

Umm, have you played Civ 5 or Warlock? Pretty much similar there too.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access
2. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 21:49 gilly775

Yeah, it is coming later. I remember hearing about them early in the Kickstarter but the comments were that they'd appear after the alpha.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 10, 2013, 18:20 gilly775

*sigh*. First Hitman Absolution and then Tomb Raider. Dumbed down again.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2013, 08:10 gilly775

Well, this is disappointing. I hope this isn't the end of a NCAA college football game.  

News Comments > Command Modern Air/Naval Operations Beta
4. Re: Command Modern Air/Naval Operations Beta Jul 10, 2013, 14:10 gilly775

Ooooh, another Fleet Command type of game. I love these types of games!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 5, 2013, 23:10 gilly775

Congrats to Spiderweb Software. I remember buying Exile in 95 and just played it for hours and hours!  

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
61. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 20:50 gilly775

saluk wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 17:25:
Lol hilarious. Steam adds sharing, hours later xbox takes it away. Now you can share discs, but NOT downloadables.

Crazy town.

Heh, now watch Steam take it away.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2013, 15:35 gilly775

Not big on the 20 minute limit during battles in the SP campaign. I really wish they would extend that or someone mods it for those of us who like to take their time and not be rushed.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Jun 8, 2013, 23:44 gilly775

MisterBenn wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 16:05:
A bit rough this early on of course but I can see some of the ta/sa tradion in the unit/building/gui style. Still don't know how seamless they will make the multi planet combat... it seems like a lot for one player to manage, perhaps that side will shine in team games.

I could see it working fine. It's really no different than typical 4X game where you need to manage multiple planets. They could easily have a zoom out scroll wheel similar to Sins of a Solar Empire, moving from planet to planet. Plus, putting alerts up if enemies are attacking could allow one to jump to the action quickly. Besides, once you kill off the enemies from a planet, all you really need to do is setup blockades to prevent the enemy from even landing there.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion DLC Released
3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion DLC Released Jun 6, 2013, 08:29 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 04:05:
Edit: OK, let me edit my rant and instead be helpful

Huh. So firstly, Stardock failed to push the Update Info aka CHANGELOG to Steam (Awesome work there) so I got a rogue update that I would have rather liked to block for a month.

Heh, what game doesn't do that? I think I've had 5 games in the last month that didn't have a changelog with their patches right away.

Given this is a frequent issue with their mods, this is one game I have disabled automatic updating on but I honestly don't think you can go back from what I've read.

News Comments > The Sims 3 Dragon Valley
5. Re: The Sims 3 Dragon Valley May 11, 2013, 10:23 gilly775

Bradley wrote on May 10, 2013, 20:22:
Why would anyone buy this after they announced Sims 4 for next year? You'll just have to buy it all again.

I highly doubt they would release this for Sims 4. I mean I don't recall this add-on for Sims 1 or 2.

7. Re: Game Reviews May 8, 2013, 19:49 gilly775

Not allowing the same genre selection is kind of stupid, since the point of a game development sim is having all the genres. Plus, I don't recall seeing "board" listed initially in GDT as it was in GDS.

It's probably legal and I'm sure GDS is doing better with this free publicity.

And GDS is different in that their stages are ore defined (I.e alpha, beta, bug fixing, whereas GDT doesn't classify stages but concentrates on bug fixing).

This comment was edited on May 8, 2013, 19:54.

5. Re: Game Reviews May 8, 2013, 14:08 gilly775

In all honesty, how much deviation can you make from other game development simulations? Heck, any simulation in that matter?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 14:19 gilly775

Axis wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:06:
Better not have GFWL...

Gotta be announced for PCs first.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Supporters Get Classic Pack
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Supporters Get Classic Pack Apr 30, 2013, 10:02 gilly775

They could get even more funding by offering something around the $15.00 tier. There are many other TBS kickstarter games that offered that tier, even if limited, yet these guys said they didn't think it was fair to have a tier at that level, especially a limited one.  

444 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo