Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 454 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Unofficial Oblivion Patch
8. Re: Unofficial Oblivion Patch Nov 10, 2011, 08:35 gilly775

Just started Nehrim last night. After leaving the mines at the start, my jaw dropped standing outside. Those guys did an outstanding job.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 22:20 gilly775

You guys forgot to add a "3" at the end of Stronghold.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
32. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 18:09 gilly775

This will be GoTY!  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February
6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February Nov 3, 2011, 13:41 gilly775

Four DLC? There's six total there.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 14:13 gilly775

Heh, If EA is anything like Blizzard, those legit users would see their keys banned.  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
5. Re: Sword of the Stars Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 14:25 gilly775

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 13:50:
This year for PC gamers has been one disaster after another. Next up: Skyrim.

Nah, won't happen. Even if Oblivion had some issues at release (I saw a few, but none game-stopping), Skyrim won't be a disaster. And tack on Batman Arkham City. That one will be tight.

What I don't get is how developers like Firefly and Kerberos let these out the door the way they are. Does it really come down to publishers telling them they must do it in order to beat the Skyrims, Batmans, and Battlefields/Call of Dutys of the season????

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3 Oct 26, 2011, 08:37 gilly775

JayDeath wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 08:23:
Yeah, the steam forums were bashing this one something fierce. Apparently, some people can't play the game in English.

They fixed that yesterday.

Big complaints are that Steam said it would have Co-op back when it was listen in the summer, which it doesn't and there is no skirmish mode. Horrible pathfinding, small maps, and lots of bugs. Firefly said on their Facebook page that they were releasing a patch today to fix most issues, but have no plans to include a skirmish mode or MP changes. Pathetic, if you ask me. This series is just going downhill now. I'm back to playing Crusader now.

News Comments > Stronghold 3 Q&A
5. Re: Stronghold 3 Q&A Oct 17, 2011, 22:58 gilly775

Noctis wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 18:52:
I was excited for this until they decide to use Steam.

I think it's safe to say to get used to these methods. What's so bad about Steam anyway? Never had issues with any Steam game.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
63. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 23:00 gilly775

So when are they going to fix the every 5 second freezing with the 5770 cards? Worst purchase of my life here. So much for putting my faith into id to giving me a playable game on Day 1.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
44. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:50 gilly775

I still find it funny that fingers are being pointed at AMD/NVidia for poor driver support by id, yet id/Bethesda let the game ship before VERIFYING that whatever drivers that had to code the game were good enough and available to the masses. But I guess that's what some people do when you decide to choose the console as the lead development platform....  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
112. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:19 gilly775

pffff. What new release that everyone is expecting isn't riddled with graphical issues and/or bugs. People should just expect it and hope that the game gets patched. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Dead Island Film Optioned
7. Re: Dead Island Film Optioned Sep 28, 2011, 09:00 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 01:48:
Mark wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 22:11:
everyday folk (and their everyday drama)

EDIT : BOOOOOORING

edit 2 : i just find it annoying when they focus too much on the drama between the characters - especially when it seems like pointless filler a lot of the time. I mean, can't they wait until after the zombie apocalypse to have a domesitc argument?

yes you need characters that have emotions and different agenda's that you can understand and even relate to, but people watch a zombie show for the zombie factor and that should always come first

Except, that in itself won't sell. How many movies alone have focused on just zombies minus human emotions? More than the latter. That's the problem with these movies and books. I've been writing a book myself on this trying to find an even balance of gore and death coupled with what it would be like if you were in those person's shoes. Look at Stephen King's book Cell. Brilliant storytelling of a different type of zombie attack but also focusing on the psychological aspect of living in that type of world. I don't know about you, but actually surviving in a anarchist world of zombies trying to emotionally stay in check is far more terrifying that having to beat down zombies day in and out.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
47. Re: I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 19:00 gilly775

coldcut wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:45:

I simply don't get the point to play such a game alone in isolated single player, for me it makes no sense and what's worse, no fun at all. That's the problem with the old Torchlight. It's extreme fun for ~10 hours, even longer, but then it's basically over. With multiplayer, that's a whole other point. You find items, buy/sell them at the auction house, find something cool for a friend, then you start playing again... this is no single player game, really. It's not meant to be single player

You stated earlier "to each his own." Well, I'll say it for the SP point: to each his/her own. I for one LOVED SP in Diablo 1 and 2. What made it challenging was the random spawned levels and monsters and modding was REALLY enjoyable. Some of us enjoy SP games and/or are in areas where we travel and have no access to Internet.

Cheating was rampant in MP in D2. It turned me away from playing online. Plus, now that I'm older and have a family, I can't always get online to hook up with friends who I played D2 with years ago.

You say it's not "really meant to be SP." I think you underestimate a lot of people in the world who don't feel/think the same way you do. Just my two cents

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 11:54 gilly775

To the author of the article:

Not only no, but HELL NO!

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
40. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 21:41 gilly775

space captain wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 20:34:
it IS a console game.. where the hell have you been

i seriously doubt it will be worse than the last game, which was really well done.. i was thinking how much better it would be as an open world type game, and they went and did that - so you know its gonna kick ass, because we are on the same wavelength, and its the same one that all the card carrying bad motherfuckers are tuned into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_tbKQ0wS34

My point is that the latest consolized games ported over to PC have been pretty shitty, so I hope this doesn't turn out like them.

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
34. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 19:59 gilly775

I smell consolization here.....  

News Comments > RAGE TV Spot
7. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:18 gilly775

Muck Fichigan!

-> Ohio State Buckeye fan!

News Comments > Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Refunds?
8. Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Refunds? Sep 12, 2011, 20:25 gilly775

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 15:41:

As for the $50 to play the rest of the game, it sounds like they gave a certain number of courses and you can buy the rest. On one hand I'm curious to know how many came with the game and how many were advertised on the back of the box, on the other hand people keep up with the "first they came for the golf games, then they came for the racing games" as if Links and Microsoft Golf didn't do the same in the early 90s, or as if Test Drive didn't do the same in the early 90s. It's ugly, but it isn't new, and if you got a good amount of courses in the package and it didn't advertise courses you needed to pay for (I am assuming these two were broken with this game - people expected more and actually got extremely little.)

Iirc, all of the EA Sports golf games way back in the day only came with 2-3 courses. I recall working at Egghead software and "checking out" a copy of PGA 98 and finding it only had two or three. I also remember they sold like a 3-5 pack of courses a couple of months later.

News Comments > Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam
5. Re: Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam Sep 9, 2011, 19:22 gilly775

Sempai wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 18:20:
It's going on two years with not one patch to fix the plethora of PC issues and you assholes want me to test your code for Borderlands 2?

Hey Gearbox, suck a dick.

Geezus, what fucking douche bags.

What PC issues are you speaking of? Had no issues finishing the game here.

News Comments > Soldak's Space Game Next Year
2. Re: Soldak's Space Game Next Year Sep 8, 2011, 20:30 gilly775

Wildone wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 18:24:
Im sure its either gonna be top down or crappy 3rd person. Sigh..could this be the beginning of the space sim resurgence or a bunch of shitty consolized easy play games..

Why does everyone assume that a 4X sounding game will be 'consolized?' If anything, this is great news. We need more 4X games and given the track record of Soldak, this should be great fun.

454 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo