Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 435 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Soldak's Space Game Next Year
2. Re: Soldak's Space Game Next Year Sep 8, 2011, 20:30 gilly775

Wildone wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 18:24:
Im sure its either gonna be top down or crappy 3rd person. Sigh..could this be the beginning of the space sim resurgence or a bunch of shitty consolized easy play games..

Why does everyone assume that a 4X sounding game will be 'consolized?' If anything, this is great news. We need more 4X games and given the track record of Soldak, this should be great fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close"
24. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:23 gilly775

Illumin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:51:
Wildone wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 11:52:
FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue
You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile."

FUCK YOU

Couldn't you just download the free "up to lvl 20" world of warcraft and create a account? Wouldn't cost a dime. I know its a pain in the ass work around but hey its still free once the accounts made you can delete the game and never play it.

No, it doesn't count. It specifically states you need a full game when signing up for the beta test. I'm glad I kept my Diablo II and LOD cases

News Comments > New via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New via Digital Distribution Sep 2, 2011, 08:38 gilly775

C'mon GOG. Bring in PowerMonger!!!!!  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2011, 22:27 gilly775

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 09:26:
Do you like limited installs?

ummm, since I guess I only have my gaming desktop, I guess it doesn't matter

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2011, 09:12 gilly775

So, is the Far Cry 2 pack for $4.99 worth it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2011, 13:56 gilly775

I've been through stronger hurricanes growing up in Jacksonville, NC. My father still lives there and he mentioned it was nothing. I'm actually happy I moved to northern Minnesota where I really don't have to worry much about natural disasters.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 26, 2011, 08:45 gilly775

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 00:08:
Oh nice. DK2, yeah gonna have to grab that.

Be careful. If you have Windows 7, apparently it doesn't work. Lots of complaints on the reviews about incompatibilities with Windows 7.

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
16. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:54 gilly775

JayDeath wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 14:32:
I wish Newegg still had brick and mortar stores instead of just the online store. I miss the Newegg that was down the road. *sigh*

Aren't you thinking of Egghead Software?

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
56. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 09:08 gilly775

Lesaonar wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 02:05:
After my last customer service nightmare with Valve, Steam won't be installed on a single system in our house. In fact the site is completely filtered so none of the systems that connect to the router, yes even friends that come over for LAN parties, will be able to even reach it. Could care less about all the games that are still on my account, it'll remain unused. Valve can get bent...

So what digital distribution service will you move on to next? I hate to say it, but it seems society is moving in that direction....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 08:34 gilly775

jimnms wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 03:22:
Mozilla's products have gone to shit since they're new version number scheme. What really pushed my button was Thunderbird going from 3.6.x to 5.0 and the shitty Aero theme the put on it. There were so many threads on their support forum about not being able to see shit because it made the menus and buttons transparent. Finally someone put out a new theme that disabled the Aero transparency and made it look like 3.6.

Now Firefox and Thunderbird 6.0 come out today, Thunderbird's default theme still looks like transparent ass, and after upgrading to Firefox 6 I have several addons that don't work (just like when they went from 4.0 to 5.0). If I'm going to have to go through this shit every update, I'm going to start looking for a new browser and email client.

What? You expect your addon to work every time a new browser update it released? It's ALWAYS been that way. If Mozilla handed out every new version of FF to addon developers prior to releasing it to the general public, we'd be waiting longer! Rolleyes

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
19. Re: removed Aug 16, 2011, 08:39 gilly775

Might want to check your post. The 1.0 version isn't available on Impulse yet. If you have the Pre-order beta installed, do not uninstall or you may not be able to install it again. As of last night (and apparently the link as well), it hasn't been updated. The Devs have been posting on their forums that they are still working with Impulse to get it patched. And, the good news is those that have it installed via Impulse will have keys available soon that will transfer their game over to Steam. You better believe I will be jumping Impulse's ship.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
52. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:35 gilly775

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:33:
You guys should try it, it's fun.

I'd try it if I could connect....oh wait Rolleyes

47. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:23 gilly775

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:01:
The amount of overreaction here is really quite funny. Honestly, how many of you are never connected 24/7?

You'd be surprised about the infrastructure in rural areas. I, for one, am never on 24x7. Based on my router logs and experiences prior to doing IT maintenance from home, I have drops from my ISP often.

But it's not just that, as a previous person mentioned what about these companies? When Silent Hunter V first came out, I was dropped so much because of issues on their end, that I stopped playing for a month or so.

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2011, 12:36.

34. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:12 gilly775

This guy is an idiot. I'm sorry, but I didn't buy this desktop replacement laptop to "always" be connected when I'm at a non-WiFi place like a lake or an airplane. Maybe if we had Wi-Fi EVERYWHERE, then I wouldn't really care, but you're ticking off the people that enjoy mobile gaming where you can't always get a good or solid connection.

EDIT: And I understand there are regular and cellular hotspots, but I don't want to pay extra for those either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2011, 11:32 gilly775

MTV should be renamed since they rarely play music videos anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
326. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 09:00 gilly775

I am torn here. I am a HUGE Diablo fan. I still remember playing the demo back in 96, I think, but I am pretty upset by the lack of mod support and this always on connection. I supported the developers of Silent Hunter V by buying a copy since I loved the series, but I absolutely can't stand Ubisoft's DRM. I realize that the developers probably didn't have a say in it, so I ultimately bought it to support them. Unfortnately in this case, Blizzard is both the developer and publisher and their reasons as to why an always on connection is being implemented just irks me to no end. I also remember when they mentioned back about a year ago that there would be no mod support, but that too is disheartening. I remember reading articles where the Devs were complementing the various mods that came out for Diablo 2 and how they even impressed them.

Blizzard should rethink this and make it so that SP either doesn't transfer over to MP or if it does, the leveled character can either only join their own level's maps in PVP or in non-PVP provided the room allows it. I also don't see why they don't want the mod support. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to turn away a player that has a mod installed or at least provide a separate online env. for the mod.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: Civ V Jul 22, 2011, 08:52 gilly775

jimnms wrote on Jul 22, 2011, 04:19:
I was just thinking about Civ V the other day. I was thinking that the next Civ game should use Frozen Synapse's simultaneous turn based system.

I've been wanting this to go on sale, but after looking at all of the nickel and dime DLC for it is kind of putting me off wanting it. Even for $17 I feel like I'm only buying part of the game. I wonder if they're going to put together a Civ V Complete or GOTY that includes all DLC. I can wait longer, it's not like I have a shortage of games to play.

Wait for the Steam XMas sale. It will almost certainly bundle everything for cheap.

News Comments > Castle Empire Beta Signups
7. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 21, 2011, 08:54 gilly775

I'm sure this is going to be a stupid question, but does it have SP or is it just a MMO?  

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
155. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 20:23 gilly775

Sepharo wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 15:37:
Giller wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 15:29:
The Cliffnotes version of all this is that EA WILL be able to get away with this for BF3. Unfortunately, its probably going to hurt them in the long run as their other franchises which are not "have to have; AAA" titles. So let the eschew Steam, and its user base for now. People will vote with their dollars in the long run.

It just sucks that they obviously put a lot of effort into going big on PC but now they're going to ignore its largest and best service.

If the game ends up a sales disappointment we all know they're not going be to blaming themselves or this idiotic decision, it'll be PC gamers.

Idk, Blizzard seems to be doing OK without Steam

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Screenshots
2. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Screenshots Jul 10, 2011, 23:35 gilly775

Many, many fun days and nights playing the original and JA 2. Looking forward to this!  

435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo