Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 425 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
44. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:50 gilly775

I still find it funny that fingers are being pointed at AMD/NVidia for poor driver support by id, yet id/Bethesda let the game ship before VERIFYING that whatever drivers that had to code the game were good enough and available to the masses. But I guess that's what some people do when you decide to choose the console as the lead development platform....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
112. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:19 gilly775

pffff. What new release that everyone is expecting isn't riddled with graphical issues and/or bugs. People should just expect it and hope that the game gets patched. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Dead Island Film Optioned
7. Re: Dead Island Film Optioned Sep 28, 2011, 09:00 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 01:48:
Mark wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 22:11:
everyday folk (and their everyday drama)

EDIT : BOOOOOORING

edit 2 : i just find it annoying when they focus too much on the drama between the characters - especially when it seems like pointless filler a lot of the time. I mean, can't they wait until after the zombie apocalypse to have a domesitc argument?

yes you need characters that have emotions and different agenda's that you can understand and even relate to, but people watch a zombie show for the zombie factor and that should always come first

Except, that in itself won't sell. How many movies alone have focused on just zombies minus human emotions? More than the latter. That's the problem with these movies and books. I've been writing a book myself on this trying to find an even balance of gore and death coupled with what it would be like if you were in those person's shoes. Look at Stephen King's book Cell. Brilliant storytelling of a different type of zombie attack but also focusing on the psychological aspect of living in that type of world. I don't know about you, but actually surviving in a anarchist world of zombies trying to emotionally stay in check is far more terrifying that having to beat down zombies day in and out.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
47. Re: I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 19:00 gilly775

coldcut wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:45:

I simply don't get the point to play such a game alone in isolated single player, for me it makes no sense and what's worse, no fun at all. That's the problem with the old Torchlight. It's extreme fun for ~10 hours, even longer, but then it's basically over. With multiplayer, that's a whole other point. You find items, buy/sell them at the auction house, find something cool for a friend, then you start playing again... this is no single player game, really. It's not meant to be single player

You stated earlier "to each his own." Well, I'll say it for the SP point: to each his/her own. I for one LOVED SP in Diablo 1 and 2. What made it challenging was the random spawned levels and monsters and modding was REALLY enjoyable. Some of us enjoy SP games and/or are in areas where we travel and have no access to Internet.

Cheating was rampant in MP in D2. It turned me away from playing online. Plus, now that I'm older and have a family, I can't always get online to hook up with friends who I played D2 with years ago.

You say it's not "really meant to be SP." I think you underestimate a lot of people in the world who don't feel/think the same way you do. Just my two cents

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 11:54 gilly775

To the author of the article:

Not only no, but HELL NO!

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
40. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 21:41 gilly775

space captain wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 20:34:
it IS a console game.. where the hell have you been

i seriously doubt it will be worse than the last game, which was really well done.. i was thinking how much better it would be as an open world type game, and they went and did that - so you know its gonna kick ass, because we are on the same wavelength, and its the same one that all the card carrying bad motherfuckers are tuned into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_tbKQ0wS34

My point is that the latest consolized games ported over to PC have been pretty shitty, so I hope this doesn't turn out like them.

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
34. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 19:59 gilly775

I smell consolization here.....  

News Comments > RAGE TV Spot
7. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:18 gilly775

Muck Fichigan!

-> Ohio State Buckeye fan!

News Comments > Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Refunds?
8. Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Refunds? Sep 12, 2011, 20:25 gilly775

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 15:41:

As for the $50 to play the rest of the game, it sounds like they gave a certain number of courses and you can buy the rest. On one hand I'm curious to know how many came with the game and how many were advertised on the back of the box, on the other hand people keep up with the "first they came for the golf games, then they came for the racing games" as if Links and Microsoft Golf didn't do the same in the early 90s, or as if Test Drive didn't do the same in the early 90s. It's ugly, but it isn't new, and if you got a good amount of courses in the package and it didn't advertise courses you needed to pay for (I am assuming these two were broken with this game - people expected more and actually got extremely little.)

Iirc, all of the EA Sports golf games way back in the day only came with 2-3 courses. I recall working at Egghead software and "checking out" a copy of PGA 98 and finding it only had two or three. I also remember they sold like a 3-5 pack of courses a couple of months later.

News Comments > Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam
5. Re: Borderlands BTest Patch on Steam Sep 9, 2011, 19:22 gilly775

Sempai wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 18:20:
It's going on two years with not one patch to fix the plethora of PC issues and you assholes want me to test your code for Borderlands 2?

Hey Gearbox, suck a dick.

Geezus, what fucking douche bags.

What PC issues are you speaking of? Had no issues finishing the game here.

News Comments > Soldak's Space Game Next Year
2. Re: Soldak's Space Game Next Year Sep 8, 2011, 20:30 gilly775

Wildone wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 18:24:
Im sure its either gonna be top down or crappy 3rd person. Sigh..could this be the beginning of the space sim resurgence or a bunch of shitty consolized easy play games..

Why does everyone assume that a 4X sounding game will be 'consolized?' If anything, this is great news. We need more 4X games and given the track record of Soldak, this should be great fun.

News Comments > Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close"
24. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:23 gilly775

Illumin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:51:
Wildone wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 11:52:
FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue
You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile."

FUCK YOU

Couldn't you just download the free "up to lvl 20" world of warcraft and create a account? Wouldn't cost a dime. I know its a pain in the ass work around but hey its still free once the accounts made you can delete the game and never play it.

No, it doesn't count. It specifically states you need a full game when signing up for the beta test. I'm glad I kept my Diablo II and LOD cases

News Comments > New via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New via Digital Distribution Sep 2, 2011, 08:38 gilly775

C'mon GOG. Bring in PowerMonger!!!!!  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2011, 22:27 gilly775

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 09:26:
Do you like limited installs?

ummm, since I guess I only have my gaming desktop, I guess it doesn't matter

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2011, 09:12 gilly775

So, is the Far Cry 2 pack for $4.99 worth it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2011, 13:56 gilly775

I've been through stronger hurricanes growing up in Jacksonville, NC. My father still lives there and he mentioned it was nothing. I'm actually happy I moved to northern Minnesota where I really don't have to worry much about natural disasters.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 26, 2011, 08:45 gilly775

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 00:08:
Oh nice. DK2, yeah gonna have to grab that.

Be careful. If you have Windows 7, apparently it doesn't work. Lots of complaints on the reviews about incompatibilities with Windows 7.

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
16. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:54 gilly775

JayDeath wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 14:32:
I wish Newegg still had brick and mortar stores instead of just the online store. I miss the Newegg that was down the road. *sigh*

Aren't you thinking of Egghead Software?

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
56. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 09:08 gilly775

Lesaonar wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 02:05:
After my last customer service nightmare with Valve, Steam won't be installed on a single system in our house. In fact the site is completely filtered so none of the systems that connect to the router, yes even friends that come over for LAN parties, will be able to even reach it. Could care less about all the games that are still on my account, it'll remain unused. Valve can get bent...

So what digital distribution service will you move on to next? I hate to say it, but it seems society is moving in that direction....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 08:34 gilly775

jimnms wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 03:22:
Mozilla's products have gone to shit since they're new version number scheme. What really pushed my button was Thunderbird going from 3.6.x to 5.0 and the shitty Aero theme the put on it. There were so many threads on their support forum about not being able to see shit because it made the menus and buttons transparent. Finally someone put out a new theme that disabled the Aero transparency and made it look like 3.6.

Now Firefox and Thunderbird 6.0 come out today, Thunderbird's default theme still looks like transparent ass, and after upgrading to Firefox 6 I have several addons that don't work (just like when they went from 4.0 to 5.0). If I'm going to have to go through this shit every update, I'm going to start looking for a new browser and email client.

What? You expect your addon to work every time a new browser update it released? It's ALWAYS been that way. If Mozilla handed out every new version of FF to addon developers prior to releasing it to the general public, we'd be waiting longer! Rolleyes

425 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo