Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 446 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
2. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 09:37 gilly775

I picked this up from a Build a Greenlight bundle awhile back. Looking forward to trying this out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
16. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 14:36 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 14:13:
Remember Aliens Colonial Marines..... and what bullshit and lies were spread before that released....

Gonna be a let's play material for me, and if it's only 3 hours... well then the let's play was at least worth my time Though thankfully, not my money

Yeah, but that was a different studio, right? Also, this one has been worked on longer than the other so at least it seems they are getting it right.

Remember AvP or Alien on the C-64? I have faith that this one will do the series justice.

News Comments > Limit Theory Economics Lesson
4. Re: Limit Theory Economics Lesson Apr 3, 2014, 20:42 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:21:
Just shut up and take my money already!

He already did from me!

News Comments > Tropico 5 in May
8. Re: Tropico 5 in May Apr 3, 2014, 09:40 gilly775

Was invited into the beta. Played quite a bit last night before it crashed on me. The ability to move through ages is pretty cool. There seems to be an expanded list of things you can build and edicts to issue but like previous Tropicos, it pretty much is the same.  

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
8. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:38 gilly775

Hey Blizzard, how about investigating the massive lag that's been going on the past week and kicking people out? Nothing more infuriating than paying for a SP experience but getting disconnected any time I want to run through the game solo.  

News Comments > Space Hulk Space Wolves DLC Released
2. Re: Space Hulk Space Wolves DLC Released Mar 12, 2014, 08:58 gilly775

Yeah, they fixed most of the issues in the first week of release. And there's more DLC out than just this one.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 3 in June; Preorders Begin
11. Re: Sniper Elite 3 in June; Preorders Begin Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 gilly775

Getting a "Product Unavailable in your region" message when going to the preorder page and I'm in the US

EDIT: Now it's working

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 13:21.

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
19. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:08 gilly775

Panickd wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 12:02:
I never got the point of the Library Sharing feature. If I can't be logged into my account and playing a game at the same time someone I've shared my library with wants to play a totally different game from my library it loses any value it may have had.

You can be logged in; you just can't be playing a game.

Btw, this has been available for everyone for over a month now. I never got a beta invite and noticed it a couple of months ago. So did my other friends.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
3. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 09:22 gilly775

CDWarden wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 09:19:
They can call me when the building space for an entire city isn't the size of a postage stamp.

I'm sure modders will fix that if Maxis doesn't.

News Comments > Banished Next Month
11. Re: Banished Next Month Jan 11, 2014, 15:33 gilly775

Bradley wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 10:27:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 03:00:
looks boring.

Part of me kind of agrees with you. I think it has awesome potential though, and will still be fun. I'm still going to buy it, and at ~$20 it should be well worth it. I'm just worried that there won't be enough to do in the game to keep me interested for very long. I've been following the game for well over a year, so I've got a fair idea about all the features the developer has talked about. Beyond building, farming , and some fishing/hunting there doesn't seem like there is much going on. From what I've heard there is no real tech tree other than a single upgrade to the tool levels. You can't do any research for new buildings and you never advance beyond a "thatched roof" time period.

There's also no combat which I understand is not the main focus, however, fending off bandits would keep it interesting.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
38. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 16:54 gilly775

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:12:
No. No. NO. NonononononononononononononNONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just stop, people. What was the last good Alien/Aliens game you played? I mean, it was over a decade ago, right? The trailers ALWAYS look good, and the game is always shit. Don't fall for it again!

The sound was freaky enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4BYLSoa5Ao&noredirect=1

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
37. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 16:52 gilly775

Unfortunately, this won't be as terrifying as the original Alien on the Commodore 64 and what I meant about that was every playthrough was random. You did not know who the android was, nor did you know where the Alien was; every playthrough was new and different.

That being said, if the developers do not have any scripts set up where Ellen reaches 'big turn of events a' and the alien doesn't show up but does on a different playthrough, great but I'm not getting my hopes up. It would be too much to ask the devs to make a game where the alien truly wanders the ship and only turns its attention on an area that Ellen passed through or makes noise around. I'm billing this as a limited combat-orientated "Tomb Raider in space."

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
10. Re: Star Lords Trailer Nov 21, 2013, 09:20 gilly775

Trevellian wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 12:40:
gilly775 wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 08:59:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 01:21:
Oh look, another Iceberg Interactive backed game.

90% chance that the game promises features that will never end up in the game, or just isn't even complete at all!
*cough StarDrive cough Dark Matter cough*

Yeah, and they produced Endless Space, so what's your point?

And Endless Space was an awful mess as well, so what is your point?
The combat system in the game is atrocious. It's a shitty roll the dice, rock paper scissors and hope you win combat system. There was no hint of skill to it at all. You could lose 2 ships against 1 equally classed ship because you guessed an ability wrong on one stage of the fight. That is just absolute piss poor programming. Why would I ever want to play a game with combat when the result is more or less random as to whether I win or not?

Sins Rebellion is still the standard by which I judge all present 4X games, and it will remain so until someone does it better. Hell even Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is a better 4X game than Endless Space.

Sins: Rebellion???? Really???? No strategy or skill there. Just who has the most ships and dump them off into a system, overpowering everything. And, I don't count it as 4X as classic 4X games like MoO, were never real time.

At least Endless Space presents a challenge. Yeah, combat is different and not my ideal way of not being able to control the battle but at least it leaves you guessing; not like the Command and Conquer tactics of Rebellion where you just spawn a Titan, a couple of capitals and overload a system with frigates and corvettes, pretty much wiping the enemy out in no time. Oh, and Fallen Enchantress, really? It took them 3 tries to fix that game. At least Endless Space was fun and engaging the first go around. You should also upgrade your standard of space 4X games. Distant Worlds is far better than Rebellion.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2013, 09:26.

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
7. Re: Star Lords Trailer Nov 20, 2013, 08:59 gilly775

Trevellian wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 01:21:
Oh look, another Iceberg Interactive backed game.

90% chance that the game promises features that will never end up in the game, or just isn't even complete at all!
*cough StarDrive cough Dark Matter cough*

Yeah, and they produced Endless Space, so what's your point?

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Released Nov 15, 2013, 08:50 gilly775

Having fun so far. Even on Normal, it seems more difficult than Enemy Unknown.  

News Comments > Dead World DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
5. Re: Dead World DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Nov 1, 2013, 12:40 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:35:
gilly775 wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:56:
As far as I understand, this game goes directly through Steam, not Stardock, not anyone else. When I look at my games on the account page, Legendary Heroes only has a Steam key and no way to download it directly.

I haven't purchased directly from Stardock, but I don't think that's true. Look at the bottom of the Stardock page. It says you can purchase from Stardock, Steam, Gamers Gate, Gamestop, Kalypso, or Gamefly. I'm sure that the Gamefly purchase requires Steam, for example. I'm sure if you order from Stardock, it's an exe that doesn't require Steam. I could be wrong.

From my Account page:

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Upgrade (Steam)
Serial number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Please use Steam to register your serial number and download this software. Login to your existing Steam account (or create a new one), select the "Games" tab and "Activate a product on Steam..." menu item.

Same thing with Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Plus, if you buy from the other sites, you get a Steam key.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 31, 2013, 16:58 gilly775

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:10:
When are we finally getting randomized maps? Tried the demo on the ps3 and it was the same old shit...

What does that question have to do with "Lore and Story?"

News Comments > Dead World DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
3. Re: Dead World DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Oct 31, 2013, 16:56 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:44:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:51:
I wonder if, like The Witcher 3, Fallen Enchantress will be released retail for purchase and not subject to a 3rd party license agreement.

Brad, you want my money or not?

Stardock got rid of Impulse didn't they? If you bought it from Stardock directly, wouldn't you own it outright?

As far as I understand, this game goes directly through Steam, not Stardock, not anyone else. When I look at my games on the account page, Legendary Heroes only has a Steam key and no way to download it directly.

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
17. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 16:14 gilly775

Heh, there's a fanboy on the KS comments to the story who was saying he was contacting Steam to request a refund because 505 Games stole this idea and it makes him upset at the thought of it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 16:12 gilly775

Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 15:48:
The only Stronghold I've ever bought was Stronghold 2. I don't think I'm over that yet.

Is there a difference between Stronghold and Crusaders other than the setting? Which is better?

Crusader was more of a military conquest game with the ability to hire mercenaries. 1 had both an economical and military campaign. I always sided with Crusaders as my favorite of the series.

446 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo