Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 444 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
2. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 14:16 gilly775

No word on the fix for SPAZ. After the last drivers, it caused massive slowdowns in the game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
47. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 13:50 gilly775

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:52:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 11:21:
InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 10:32:

In any case, its a no buy from me anyway for two reasons. First Origin, second EA.

Umm, did you see the comment on the article saying it would be on other digital distributors besides Origin?

Just because you can buy it elsewhere, that doesn't mean you won't still need to activate it through and run it while connected to Origin. Like a lot of games are Steamworks games and do the same thing with that service, just about all of EA's new titles are "Originworks" games.

And you know that for a fact? I have some games that connect to Origin and other distribution services and since I use Steam, they run fine despite the fact I don't have Origin installed.

Take the tinfoil hat off. Who knows what other services MS has in the background that are tracking you

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
40. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 13:48 gilly775

I could care less. I thought a controller was better than a mouse/keyboard with this series.  

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
19. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 11:21 gilly775

InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 10:32:

In any case, its a no buy from me anyway for two reasons. First Origin, second EA.

Umm, did you see the comment on the article saying it would be on other digital distributors besides Origin?

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
21. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 10:24 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:39:

i mean if you edited 30 seconds of random zombie footage into Days of Our Lives, the show would be more or less the same.

Actually, it might just make the show that much more interesting.

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
9. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 19:34 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:01:
EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

Awesome. Another person who doesn't get it. Look WD is a story of psychological horror between people themselves in a situation of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a flat out gore type of show where you get to see consistent blood and guts. If you want that, there probably thousands of "B" flick movies to satisfy your quench.

This show looks at it from the human side. Think about what would you do in this situation. Power struggles? Probably. Hysterical people? Yes. Would you find body armor? Probably not. Walkie Talkies? Maybe not if other survivors got to them first. Rick basically said in the last episode that they need a safe place to live in. That's few and far between. Look at it from the psychological point. Just because you think you get it doesn't mean everyone else does.

You really don't know how you or anyone else would react.

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
5. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 11:16 gilly775

The perfect answer is to fund and publish games that people want to play and overall have fun with. Adding DRM enticed crap won't bring in massive sales. I think I spent more money on indie games an projects in the last year because they are fun and don't prevent me from playing them when a DRM service/service goes down.

Honestly, the last Ubisoft game I bought brand new was
Silent Hunter V and I stopped buying Ubisoft games new since because of the hell I had trying to play the game without getting disconnected from their servers.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 14, 2012, 23:15 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 17:07:
What is this game?

MP game from the devs of Sins of a Solar Empire

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Trailer
3. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 23:02 gilly775

Nothing will ever top the original Spec Ops....  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2012, 10:09 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 17:44:
Oh well, this is the corporate cronyism you get with republican governments. The people of Minnesota only have themselves to blame.

Ummmm, we have a democratic governor running our state, Cutter.

-Brian from Warren, MN

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 8, 2012, 09:15 gilly775

Have you tried Arvoch Alliance yet? I didn't even know it was out from StarWraith.  

News Comments > New SimCity Announced
10. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 14:31 gilly775

Did I read/watch this right? Only a MP game?  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Mar 6, 2012, 23:17 gilly775

You are over-reacting. These are the people that made Civilization. And if it does turn out bad, you still have Xenonauts.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2012, 23:15 gilly775

But EA has begun taking your EA Steam games and copying them into Origin.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
28. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 11:38 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:50:
PC3 ME3 is not out and is not cracked, and this article is bullshit. (I mean the article on that site linked, not the news here about the article)

What's out on PC is the preload, all thats missing is the encryption codes from release date check.. so yeah, thats obviously a pretty damn important thing missing. Never-the-less, even preloaded customers (europeans primarily) want a crack to skip the March 8th 0am unlock timer, and play today instead of on friday eh. forgot march 8th is actully thursday ;).

Anyhow, game is out on consoles yes, but not on PC.

Actually, the Retail game ISO has been out on Usenet for four days. But like you said, it's not cracked.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
29. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2012, 14:11 gilly775

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 09:00:
He was just talking in general Gilly, chillax.

Yeah, that doesn't cut it either. I've applied for numerous govt. jobs, including Post Office, Public Health, and IT, and veteran status doesn't mean much. My father was a Civil Servant GS-13 after leaving the Marine Corps and said basically the same thing when he was looking for jobs prior to finding that Civil Servant role. It's like that box to check on applications just makes it feel like you have a shot.

28. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2012, 14:07 gilly775

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 09:36:
gilly775 wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 08:57:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 02:01:
eunichron wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 01:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 00:51:
They are not fired because once fired you have suddenly a 3 year hole of no police men, the training to become one takes way too long, has way too high drop-out rate and the job pays like crap and is thankless to boot.

I know you're not from the states, but I can't remember exactly where now... but here in the states going through the academy, or getting a criminal justice degree, doesn't guarantee you a job on the force. There are plenty of people qualified to be officers that are waiting on openings, and the openings actually fill pretty quickly for that reason. I had two friends myself that were waiting for openings, one of them said fuck it and became a fireman instead, the other is working seasonal jobs until a slot opens at his PD of choice.

Here in Minnesota, probably one of the hardest states to get hired in, we have around 400-450 applicants for each opening.

Almost all places I know about uses the point system. Very hard to get a job unless you are a veteran, have some experience, Masters degree, minorty, etc etc etc. Also in MN a college degree (at least a 2 year) is required. I know some states just allow high school diploma.

I'm calling BS on your statement. I've lived in MN for 12 years now, am a veteran, and have two masters and it is still hard to find a job in the cities. In Fact, I left the cities to take a job up in Thief River Falls because it was the only systems administration job I actually received an interview for and then eventually hired.

Couple things. I have lived here my whole life, and have worked in many different sectors (IT private and public, Finance private and public, Corporate misc., and now Law Enforcement). First off, you are trying to get a job that is even more impossible to get than a cop job. IT workers in MN are a dime a dozen. Let me guess, you wanted 80k a year and a nice package. Ain't gonna happen! People with 10 years experience are happy to land an entry level position in IT!!!!

Moreover, I was discussing cop jobs.

Call BS all you want. I live in NE MPLS and have a HUGE network of people in corporate and private IT/Finance. Carlson Companies was the last company I worked for before getting a cop job, and I easily got that job (no Masters) and I easily got the job before that in Finance/IT. Maybe you aren't a good interviewer, maybe your demands were to high, maybe lots of things. I dunno.

Nope, never once considered 80K. Heck, I don' even make that here. When I started in IT in 2000, I was making 17 an hour contracting to Metris Companies, I then went to work for Kroll Ontrack in Eden Prairie which went downhill and was willing to work for the same salary under 60K at any other place. I even saw laid off SAN people who made 80K plus get jobs at our company for 40K. I had to supplement my income by teaching part time at MN School of Business. If anything, you are correct about the saturation, but I spoke to HR people who said that Masters and Veteran status don't mean shiat in most cases.

Interview skills, maybe. I also heard "over-qualified" from some places. But just because I have two Masters, am a Veteran, and didn't ask for much, doesn't guarantee you diddly squat in the cities. I even tried the Veteran thing for my undergrad, Public Health Jobs (which thanks to the smoking lawsuit, brought in A LOT of them, plus they were govt. jobs to boot) prior to 2000 but that didn't seem like a factor at all.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2012, 14:16.

16. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2012, 08:57 gilly775

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 02:01:
eunichron wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 01:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 00:51:
They are not fired because once fired you have suddenly a 3 year hole of no police men, the training to become one takes way too long, has way too high drop-out rate and the job pays like crap and is thankless to boot.

I know you're not from the states, but I can't remember exactly where now... but here in the states going through the academy, or getting a criminal justice degree, doesn't guarantee you a job on the force. There are plenty of people qualified to be officers that are waiting on openings, and the openings actually fill pretty quickly for that reason. I had two friends myself that were waiting for openings, one of them said fuck it and became a fireman instead, the other is working seasonal jobs until a slot opens at his PD of choice.

Here in Minnesota, probably one of the hardest states to get hired in, we have around 400-450 applicants for each opening.

Almost all places I know about uses the point system. Very hard to get a job unless you are a veteran, have some experience, Masters degree, minorty, etc etc etc. Also in MN a college degree (at least a 2 year) is required. I know some states just allow high school diploma.

I'm calling BS on your statement. I've lived in MN for 12 years now, am a veteran, and have two masters and it is still hard to find a job in the cities. In Fact, I left the cities to take a job up in Thief River Falls because it was the only systems administration job I actually received an interview for and then eventually hired.

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game?
7. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 15:17 gilly775

Awesome! Bring it on!  

News Comments > Fray Alpha Demo; Preorders
4. Re: Fray Alpha Demo; Preorders Feb 23, 2012, 20:06 gilly775

No single player? No thanks.  

444 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo