Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 435 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer
13. Re: Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 12:14 gilly775

Too bad there's no moddability. The mods from D2 that served up some crazy skeleton/golem/spirit summoning were awesome. I think at one point I could summon 30 skeletons, a couple of golems, and some ghasts.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo
10. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 20, 2012, 09:01 gilly775

I hope they do fix the AI. Nothing is more aggrivating than to hear the Germans see a dead body, search for you, tell the others that it's all clear/go back to your patrol and then see the same dead body and scream out there's a sniper: find him!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2012, 12:23 gilly775

Darks wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:16:
So, let me get this straight. it took the guy how many years before you decided they stole his idea and is now suing? OK!!!

Probably tried to settle out of court using lawyers behind the scene and when talks fell through, he went public. Or, he just found out about the game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 09:23 gilly775

coldcut wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 07:49:
This looks interesting, I like old school RPGs The screens remind me of the good old SSI AD&D games, like Pool of Radiance, the Krynn series, and so on. I played each and every one of them back in the day (including drawing all the maps on paper).

Definitely need to check this one out, I guess (well, after Legend of Grimrock, that is)

I loved the original Exile from SpiderWeb back in the mid-90s. You can't go wrong with any of their games.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 22:28 gilly775

Hanover wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:13:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:42:
Ever hear of preview/press copies?
This can't be your first time on the Internet can it? Is humor that hard to spot?

It is when there's no sarcasm tag attached.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 11:42 gilly775

InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:24:
I think its unfair that these reviewers get to play the game before I can. Unlock is coming tomorrow but its still unfair. Did they pirate it maybe?

Ever hear of preview/press copies?

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
40. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 11:27 gilly775

Hey, Mr Capps: Maybe you should take some tips from developers like Mojang and other Indie Game developers. Make something that's fun, drop it exclusively on PC, put a price tag that makes sense and you'll have more sales than pirates.....Or, is that just too hard to comprehend?

I can't wait for the day when the piracy blame game is placed on the consoles but I guess that's just wishful thinking....

News Comments > Naval War: Arctic Circle Next Week
4. Re: Naval War: Arctic Circle Next Week Apr 2, 2012, 21:03 gilly775

I've had a blast with the beta. Good news indeed!!!!  

News Comments > Prince of Persia Source Code Rediscovered
15. Re: Prince of Persia Source Code Rediscovered Mar 30, 2012, 08:27 gilly775

Necrophob wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 21:32:
mixma242 wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 20:54:
Nice! Although after 25 years you have to wonder if the media is still any good.

Yah, it's not like 3.5" disk were known for their reliability. It's great that he found this.

That's why you have companies like Kroll Ontrack who can recover data from even burned or physically altered disks.

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
58. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 15:00 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:25:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:22:
Well, that's what I get for not clicking on the link to the article!
You didn't have to, just read the text Blue posted above

Yeah, I missed that part. I saw Online all the time and other digital distributors and everything else went out the door.

51. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 14:22 gilly775

Well, that's what I get for not clicking on the link to the article!  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
2. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 14:16 gilly775

No word on the fix for SPAZ. After the last drivers, it caused massive slowdowns in the game.  

47. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 13:50 gilly775

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:52:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 11:21:
InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 10:32:

In any case, its a no buy from me anyway for two reasons. First Origin, second EA.

Umm, did you see the comment on the article saying it would be on other digital distributors besides Origin?

Just because you can buy it elsewhere, that doesn't mean you won't still need to activate it through and run it while connected to Origin. Like a lot of games are Steamworks games and do the same thing with that service, just about all of EA's new titles are "Originworks" games.

And you know that for a fact? I have some games that connect to Origin and other distribution services and since I use Steam, they run fine despite the fact I don't have Origin installed.

Take the tinfoil hat off. Who knows what other services MS has in the background that are tracking you

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
40. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 13:48 gilly775

I could care less. I thought a controller was better than a mouse/keyboard with this series.  

19. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 11:21 gilly775

InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 10:32:

In any case, its a no buy from me anyway for two reasons. First Origin, second EA.

Umm, did you see the comment on the article saying it would be on other digital distributors besides Origin?

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
21. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 10:24 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:39:

i mean if you edited 30 seconds of random zombie footage into Days of Our Lives, the show would be more or less the same.

Actually, it might just make the show that much more interesting.

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
9. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 19:34 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:01:
EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

Awesome. Another person who doesn't get it. Look WD is a story of psychological horror between people themselves in a situation of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a flat out gore type of show where you get to see consistent blood and guts. If you want that, there probably thousands of "B" flick movies to satisfy your quench.

This show looks at it from the human side. Think about what would you do in this situation. Power struggles? Probably. Hysterical people? Yes. Would you find body armor? Probably not. Walkie Talkies? Maybe not if other survivors got to them first. Rick basically said in the last episode that they need a safe place to live in. That's few and far between. Look at it from the psychological point. Just because you think you get it doesn't mean everyone else does.

You really don't know how you or anyone else would react.

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
5. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 11:16 gilly775

The perfect answer is to fund and publish games that people want to play and overall have fun with. Adding DRM enticed crap won't bring in massive sales. I think I spent more money on indie games an projects in the last year because they are fun and don't prevent me from playing them when a DRM service/service goes down.

Honestly, the last Ubisoft game I bought brand new was
Silent Hunter V and I stopped buying Ubisoft games new since because of the hell I had trying to play the game without getting disconnected from their servers.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 14, 2012, 23:15 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 17:07:
What is this game?

MP game from the devs of Sins of a Solar Empire

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Trailer
3. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 23:02 gilly775

Nothing will ever top the original Spec Ops....  

435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo