Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 425 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer
9. Re: New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer May 17, 2012, 09:40 gilly775

loomy wrote on May 16, 2012, 21:38:
I played this game and some others like it and found them all primitive and terrible

Heh...stick it on Hard. You won't find it primitive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
204. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:50 gilly775

Icewind wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:22:
Dumbed down skills trees (Actually, what skill trees? LOL) no assigning of attributes....graphics that are barely equal to Torchlight.

Pass.

I think the graphics look better than Torchlight 2. The ones in Torchlight 2 remind me of the blocky 3D ones we first saw with 3dfx cards.

News Comments > Last Stronghold 3 Patch Next Week
1. Re: Last Stronghold 3 Patch Next Week May 4, 2012, 10:47 gilly775

Heh, I wonder if the game is fully patched to where it's playable.  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Trailer
8. Re: Diablo III Wizard Trailer May 1, 2012, 13:53 gilly775

Fion wrote on May 1, 2012, 11:40:
Unfortunately my hype for D3 has lessened of late. I spent a weekend with Guild Wars 2 and it's all I can think about. They call it, the GW2 Effect. The inability to think about, let alone play for more than an 20 minutes, any game, especially an MMOG, after witnessing the glory that is Guild Wars 2.

Trust me, I have it bad.

I was the opposite. I've been in the GW2 beta since it started. Played it once for an hour, never touched it again. I found it pretty boring and hated the camera angles. Still, I have been finding a lot of games boring lately. I was in the D3 beta for months and just started playing it several weeks ago.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Trailer
3. Re: Diablo III Wizard Trailer May 1, 2012, 11:12 gilly775

I found the Witch Doctor to be the weakest, but the Monk and Demon Hunter were pretty powerful. I never got a chance to try the Barbarian or Wizard in the beta, but in two weeks I can  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2012, 11:59 gilly775

Congrats! My 12 year anniversary is tomorrow! I'm surprised I'm still alive!  

News Comments > Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo
2. Re: Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo Apr 27, 2012, 11:46 gilly775

Hudson wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 11:35:
Umm thats nothing but a CIV 5 mod...what the hell

No it's not. Just because the hexes look the same doesn't mean it's a mod. In your thinking, even Civ 5 could be a mod of any tactical hex game or the early HoMM games Rolleyes

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced
8. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 12:17 gilly775

Fix your older SH games UbiSoft!  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
37. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 09:20 gilly775

I was intent on not buying this when it comes out because I dislike the strict, always online connection and that there will be no modding. Some of the best mods I have ever played were in D2 and that made the game fun for hours and hours. Unfortunately, I don't think I will play D3 as much as I did D2. The quirky server issues and lag were bad too but I have faith that it will get better.

However, I will most likely buy this because, yes, it is Diablo and some of the most fun I had in college was staying up late and playing with a guy on the other side of the country for hours and hours. I still remember the original Demo in PC Gamer and how I kept replaying it over and over again.

Of course, my wife doesn't understand my gaming habits, but now that my older son is getting to the point we can do co-op, I think this will be a lot of fun too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 15:39 gilly775

Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:00:
If it's moving to the Mid- or Southwest, don't go. With your wife's apparent hatred for airconditioning, you'll be trying to survive in a 150 degree attic...

Creston

We don't always use ACs here in MN. just go to the basement. Since it's in the ground, it's much cooler.

News Comments > Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer
13. Re: Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 12:14 gilly775

Too bad there's no moddability. The mods from D2 that served up some crazy skeleton/golem/spirit summoning were awesome. I think at one point I could summon 30 skeletons, a couple of golems, and some ghasts.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo
10. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 20, 2012, 09:01 gilly775

I hope they do fix the AI. Nothing is more aggrivating than to hear the Germans see a dead body, search for you, tell the others that it's all clear/go back to your patrol and then see the same dead body and scream out there's a sniper: find him!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2012, 12:23 gilly775

Darks wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:16:
So, let me get this straight. it took the guy how many years before you decided they stole his idea and is now suing? OK!!!

Probably tried to settle out of court using lawyers behind the scene and when talks fell through, he went public. Or, he just found out about the game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 09:23 gilly775

coldcut wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 07:49:
This looks interesting, I like old school RPGs The screens remind me of the good old SSI AD&D games, like Pool of Radiance, the Krynn series, and so on. I played each and every one of them back in the day (including drawing all the maps on paper).

Definitely need to check this one out, I guess (well, after Legend of Grimrock, that is)

I loved the original Exile from SpiderWeb back in the mid-90s. You can't go wrong with any of their games.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 22:28 gilly775

Hanover wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:13:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:42:
Ever hear of preview/press copies?
This can't be your first time on the Internet can it? Is humor that hard to spot?

It is when there's no sarcasm tag attached.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 11:42 gilly775

InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:24:
I think its unfair that these reviewers get to play the game before I can. Unlock is coming tomorrow but its still unfair. Did they pirate it maybe?

Ever hear of preview/press copies?

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
40. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 11:27 gilly775

Hey, Mr Capps: Maybe you should take some tips from developers like Mojang and other Indie Game developers. Make something that's fun, drop it exclusively on PC, put a price tag that makes sense and you'll have more sales than pirates.....Or, is that just too hard to comprehend?

I can't wait for the day when the piracy blame game is placed on the consoles but I guess that's just wishful thinking....

News Comments > Naval War: Arctic Circle Next Week
4. Re: Naval War: Arctic Circle Next Week Apr 2, 2012, 21:03 gilly775

I've had a blast with the beta. Good news indeed!!!!  

News Comments > Prince of Persia Source Code Rediscovered
15. Re: Prince of Persia Source Code Rediscovered Mar 30, 2012, 08:27 gilly775

Necrophob wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 21:32:
mixma242 wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 20:54:
Nice! Although after 25 years you have to wonder if the media is still any good.

Yah, it's not like 3.5" disk were known for their reliability. It's great that he found this.

That's why you have companies like Kroll Ontrack who can recover data from even burned or physically altered disks.

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
58. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 15:00 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:25:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:22:
Well, that's what I get for not clicking on the link to the article!
You didn't have to, just read the text Blue posted above

Yeah, I missed that part. I saw Online all the time and other digital distributors and everything else went out the door.

425 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo