Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 449 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 13, 2012, 14:16 gilly775

So can anyone explain to me why some laptop manufacturers make you download drivers from them vs. NVidia's site even with their new mobile drivers? I think they are limiting their gaming GPUs by not updating their graphics drivers as often. That's why I like LaptopVideo2Go so much.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 14:13 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 14:06:
I did not watch the video yet I am still at work but what does Geoff Keighley doing there? Is he a game developer now or something?

He was MC'ing the session and introducing the panel.

I was reading people on the Desura Xenonauts page about this game destroying theirs. Maybe so, but, to me, Xenonauts plays more like the original X-Com than this one does, esp. when these guys mentioned that they dropped various things out of this game that were present in the original. I think Xenonauts will do fine.

News Comments > Realms of Ancient War Next Month
4. Re: Realms of Ancient War Next Month Sep 12, 2012, 11:58 gilly775

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 10:53:
I get the feeling everyone is too busy with Diablo 3 to look at this game, but it looks quite good to me, and I have no interest in D3.

It'll be Torchlight 2 after next week.

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
28. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 18:58 gilly775

That's awesome for Kenshi, Project Zomboid and Towns. I love those games!  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
52. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 23:17 gilly775

deqer wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 15:26:
To all the D3 people,

Why would you sink your time into something you don't own, when you could rather sink your time into something you do own such as TL2; and own it forever, and mod it, and do anything you want with it for as long as you want.

Back trolling again, eh? Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean others don't. And yes, I picked this up on Steam as well weeks ago.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access
9. Re: Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 30, 2012, 08:47 gilly775

With all due respect, the game series has gotten better. Not perfect, but playable and quite fun to boot.  

News Comments > SCHAR: Blue Shield Alliance for PC
2. Re: SCHAR: Blue Shield Alliance for PC Aug 29, 2012, 09:13 gilly775

Sounds like a Space Pirates and Zombies clone  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 14:31 gilly775

WTF is this????? If I wanted to play a game where I build my house, I'd play the Sims!

Bring on the death and destruction of Skyrim and other lands!!!!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 11:02 gilly775

I was invited and tried the beta and I don't know. It didn't grip me initially like the first ones did. The camera angles were bad and too much was going on and just seemed confusing so I just gave up. With a revitalize Diablo 3, and Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 coming out soon, I probably wouldn't have time to stick with this.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 09:10 gilly775

ASeven wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 07:29:
FalconerHG wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 05:32:
Hi ASeven,

I'm the author of the SC article and got to play it at Gamescom. I completely understand your concerns, but from what I've seen, the game is quite complete without DLC and the online part is actually quite a lot of fun. You can team up online with friends to build cities that complement each other, using a different focus for each city so you can specialize in what you want and still benefit from the specialization of your friend(s). It's really well done.

Of course EA - will - milk the DLC something fierce, but at this point, I think you can largely ignore it.

Problem is, I don't want to team up with friends, why would I? SimCity has always been an offline single player experience, why should I be forced to go online to play the game in a way I have not asked nor do not want?

Unless SC5 has a solid offline mode or rather, a solid single player mode without forcing us to go online I will not be touching this.

I had thought I read somewhere that the game was online only with no SP component, but that could have changed too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
40. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 16:52 gilly775

RailWizard wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:43:
It's a ThermalTake MEKA and guess what key it doesn't have on it...

CTRL-ESC works too

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 15:33 gilly775

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:04:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:57:
So don't use it. I go into the Start Screen to search, not to click on pretty looking tiles. While it does cater to tablets, it still is a functional OS that has allowed me to open items faster than searching for the same things in the Start Menu in 7.

You have to use it, that's the point and what is rubbing many people the wrong way. There are many ways to trigger Metro, you get bounced into it for everything from search to plugging in a second monitor to shutting down the machine. Microsoft went out of its way to prevent most forms of booting straight to the desktop. They even ripped out legacy Start code in an effort to prevent people avoiding its use then they tied it into many other areas of functionality.

I can understand people liking Metro but what I don't get is people who seem to think that others are whining because they don't like being bounced between two jarringly different interfaces. Having a tablet mode would not have been a difficult thing, Windows 7 already laid the ground work.

Ok, I'm speaking of the Start Screen and you are talking about Metro. I have no issues with Metro, it doesn't take that much to hit Windows key + I to power it down and I actually like the popups when you plug in a USB drive. If anything, it also helps those that can't see well.

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 14:59 gilly775

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:47:
The problem is that people can't stand change.

You're right. So why does the company reinvent the wheel? So you can buy it again, every few years...

Exactly. What was wrong with good ol' Windows 3.1?

Oh yeah, cause everyone wants bigger, faster, more. And in order to do that, companies have to build new engines and then add on bigger, flashier graphics to make it look more appealing.

This is why I would stick with Linux if I can get all of my games to run on it flawlessly.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 14:57 gilly775

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
You are ignoring the fact that a Metro style shell for tablets is literally at odds by design with a desktop interface.

So don't use it. I go into the Start Screen to search, not to click on pretty looking tiles. While it does cater to tablets, it still is a functional OS that has allowed me to open items faster than searching for the same things in the Start Menu in 7.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
14. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:54 gilly775

deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:33:
I'm not surprised with your response, because you're another victim as well just like this guy. You've spoken already about how you're revisiting/playing after these updates. So, I'm not surprised. And yes, by continuing to play, he is supporting the company.

Your inappropriate and misapplied use of the word victim aside, if he is having a good time and enjoying himself then there is no problem. It's his money, it's already spent which invalidates your entire argument and quite frankly it's none of your business. You aren't some special snowflake who gets to tell people what to play and how to spend their money. People like different things, grow up.

If you were in any way remotely objective or reasonable, you'd understand that Blizzard deserves criticism for their mistakes but they also deserve praise when they get something right.

Well, that's why I said he's pushing himself to continue playing it. He's telling himself to enjoy it because he spent $60 on it.

Blah, whatever.

Have fun being owned by blizzard and playing your single-player game online only, and only when Blizzard says so. Forever.

Where the hell do you get from my comment that I have to enjoy it because I spent $60 on it? Please.....find that line in my original post, cause even at age 37 I sure as hell ain't blind yet.

12. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:46 gilly775

deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:05:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:37:
Julio wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:34:
Here's an omission they can add....the game is still missing fun.

Sucks to be you. With the added changes, it's better than it was before. Not perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.
Why you supporting the game? You feel you owe to yourself to push on and keep playing because you spent $60?

Just eat the $60 and move on, dude.

Don't support these companies and their development practice of rushing products and patching later.

Just stop playing.

For one, it is my money.
two: I am actually enjoying it even at start and now with the new patch.
And finally, what company gets it right the first time? Probably 99 percent of the games played on my PCs have never been right the first time and could have used more development time, but you know what? I'm fine with it. I have many games in my collection that are patched that I haven't even tried yet.

We may never see QA'd games like we did in the 90s but that's most likely because we as a society want more, so you as the minority don't have as much of a voice. But you know what? These other people who bitched and complained could have also waited for the Starter version to try it out. I've always been a fan of the loot and even though I don't care for the AHs, I still have fun grinding through to see what I can find.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 14:51.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 13:42 gilly775

I get sick of all of the hate for these OS's. It's the same crap posted every time there is a change:

3.1 to 95
98 to XP
XP to Vista
XP to 7
and now this.

It's fast, it's slick, the new task manager is awesome, searching has improved (esp. in the Start Screen), there are already apps out there to allow the Start Menu to appear, Hyper-V 3 is included in the Pro version, the added storage options are better, etc.

The problem is that people can't stand change. If you spent a few days with it (not an hour and just flat out comment that it sucks without even trying it), it might just catch on for you. Heck, we did that for all of these other OS's.

4. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 13:37 gilly775

Julio wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:34:
Here's an omission they can add....the game is still missing fun.

Sucks to be you. With the added changes, it's better than it was before. Not perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
9. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 12:01 gilly775

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 10:41:
I'm tempted to say, "Hire some competent IT people and get your data backed up." However, I'm guessing there is more to this story than we are hearing so far...

That's why you pay exuberant amounts to Kroll Ontrack to recover your data.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Legends of Pegasus
13. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Legends of Pegasus Aug 10, 2012, 22:04 gilly775

Well, at least SotS2 was fixed for the most part by the Devs. Hoping that the same is done for LoP.  

449 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo