Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 436 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 14:57 gilly775

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
You are ignoring the fact that a Metro style shell for tablets is literally at odds by design with a desktop interface.

So don't use it. I go into the Start Screen to search, not to click on pretty looking tiles. While it does cater to tablets, it still is a functional OS that has allowed me to open items faster than searching for the same things in the Start Menu in 7.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
14. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:54 gilly775

deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:33:
I'm not surprised with your response, because you're another victim as well just like this guy. You've spoken already about how you're revisiting/playing after these updates. So, I'm not surprised. And yes, by continuing to play, he is supporting the company.

Your inappropriate and misapplied use of the word victim aside, if he is having a good time and enjoying himself then there is no problem. It's his money, it's already spent which invalidates your entire argument and quite frankly it's none of your business. You aren't some special snowflake who gets to tell people what to play and how to spend their money. People like different things, grow up.

If you were in any way remotely objective or reasonable, you'd understand that Blizzard deserves criticism for their mistakes but they also deserve praise when they get something right.

Well, that's why I said he's pushing himself to continue playing it. He's telling himself to enjoy it because he spent $60 on it.

Blah, whatever.

Have fun being owned by blizzard and playing your single-player game online only, and only when Blizzard says so. Forever.

Where the hell do you get from my comment that I have to enjoy it because I spent $60 on it? Please.....find that line in my original post, cause even at age 37 I sure as hell ain't blind yet.

12. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:46 gilly775

deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:05:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:37:
Julio wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:34:
Here's an omission they can add....the game is still missing fun.

Sucks to be you. With the added changes, it's better than it was before. Not perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.
Why you supporting the game? You feel you owe to yourself to push on and keep playing because you spent $60?

Just eat the $60 and move on, dude.

Don't support these companies and their development practice of rushing products and patching later.

Just stop playing.

For one, it is my money.
two: I am actually enjoying it even at start and now with the new patch.
And finally, what company gets it right the first time? Probably 99 percent of the games played on my PCs have never been right the first time and could have used more development time, but you know what? I'm fine with it. I have many games in my collection that are patched that I haven't even tried yet.

We may never see QA'd games like we did in the 90s but that's most likely because we as a society want more, so you as the minority don't have as much of a voice. But you know what? These other people who bitched and complained could have also waited for the Starter version to try it out. I've always been a fan of the loot and even though I don't care for the AHs, I still have fun grinding through to see what I can find.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 14:51.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 13:42 gilly775

I get sick of all of the hate for these OS's. It's the same crap posted every time there is a change:

3.1 to 95
98 to XP
XP to Vista
XP to 7
and now this.

It's fast, it's slick, the new task manager is awesome, searching has improved (esp. in the Start Screen), there are already apps out there to allow the Start Menu to appear, Hyper-V 3 is included in the Pro version, the added storage options are better, etc.

The problem is that people can't stand change. If you spent a few days with it (not an hour and just flat out comment that it sucks without even trying it), it might just catch on for you. Heck, we did that for all of these other OS's.

4. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 13:37 gilly775

Julio wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:34:
Here's an omission they can add....the game is still missing fun.

Sucks to be you. With the added changes, it's better than it was before. Not perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
9. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 12:01 gilly775

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 10:41:
I'm tempted to say, "Hire some competent IT people and get your data backed up." However, I'm guessing there is more to this story than we are hearing so far...

That's why you pay exuberant amounts to Kroll Ontrack to recover your data.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Legends of Pegasus
13. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Legends of Pegasus Aug 10, 2012, 22:04 gilly775

Well, at least SotS2 was fixed for the most part by the Devs. Hoping that the same is done for LoP.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
22. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 16:32 gilly775

OneEye wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 15:48:
diablo 2 was playable all the way through in a single session from version 1.0. Diablo 3 is not.

There is no possible way to play through the game without farming or AH. None.

Through all difficulty levels or just one? Cause I beat the game on normal and solo with my DH without doing what you suggested.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 16:38 gilly775

Ant wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 14:30:

Too bad Aliens Online was short lived. I would want to try that. Some players as marines and some as aliens. That would be rad. FOX should try that again. Make it like Natural Selection game!

Now that's a great idea!!!!

19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 14:10 gilly775

Ant wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 13:11:
No, it was strategy and real-time at that. You had all of those crew members and could only control one at a time. And you knew you were screwed when you entered a room and was told that 70 percent of the room was in disarray. That meant that the Alien had just past there, so you better get the hell out of dodge.

Here's some gameplay. The music was freaky too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xb4caM6ms
Interesting! So the whole game is like that?

Oh yeah. Your crew is scattered throughout the ship and not every room has the same items. I think I caught Jones the cat once with the net and cat carrier.

And I have never beaten it. In fact, up until today, I did not realize one could kill the Alien using the weapons or that the synthetic was working against you. I assumed you needed to follow the movie-line and self destruct the ship and/or force it out of the airlock.

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 gilly775

Ant wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 11:13:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 11:08:
Ant wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:36:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:31:
My favorites were Epyx's Destroyer, Impossible Mission (synthesized voice saying Stay Awhile.....stay FOREVER! Never could beat it), Bruce Lee, Congo Bongo, Ultima, Zork, Bump n Jump, F-15 Strike Eagle, Superbowl Sunday, H.E.R.O., Alien....the list goes on and on. Fun times!

I remember my dad subscribing to Run magazine (C-64's flagship mag) and entering the code from the back pages into the system to build apps and games. Heck, we even had that cassette drive where you fast forwarded to the point on the cassette, typed "load such and such" and then Run.
Alien, is that the one with drop ship with circles, mazes, defending your marines with aliens attacks, etc.? If so, then I loved that drop ship theme music. I wished I could find a HQ audio of it. I had to rip it from a video.

Nah. This was the one with the layout of the Nostromo form the first movie. You had to get the crew to work together to survive with very little weapons. I remember everyone dying off and I had Ripley, Jones that cat and Brett in the emergency shuttle, ready to take off and the self destruct sequence going and the ships computer, Mother, wouldn't let us take off because something alive was still on board. Very scary game esp. when you came face to face with the Alien.
Ooh! I have never played it. It doesn't seem to be action based either.

No, it was strategy and real-time at that. You had all of those crew members and could only control one at a time. And you knew you were screwed when you entered a room and was told that 70 percent of the room was in disarray. That meant that the Alien had just past there, so you better get the hell out of dodge.

Here's some gameplay. The music was freaky too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xb4caM6ms

15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 11:08 gilly775

Ant wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:36:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:31:
My favorites were Epyx's Destroyer, Impossible Mission (synthesized voice saying Stay Awhile.....stay FOREVER! Never could beat it), Bruce Lee, Congo Bongo, Ultima, Zork, Bump n Jump, F-15 Strike Eagle, Superbowl Sunday, H.E.R.O., Alien....the list goes on and on. Fun times!

I remember my dad subscribing to Run magazine (C-64's flagship mag) and entering the code from the back pages into the system to build apps and games. Heck, we even had that cassette drive where you fast forwarded to the point on the cassette, typed "load such and such" and then Run.
Alien, is that the one with drop ship with circles, mazes, defending your marines with aliens attacks, etc.? If so, then I loved that drop ship theme music. I wished I could find a HQ audio of it. I had to rip it from a video.

Nah. This was the one with the layout of the Nostromo form the first movie. You had to get the crew to work together to survive with very little weapons. I remember everyone dying off and I had Ripley, Jones that cat and Brett in the emergency shuttle, ready to take off and the self destruct sequence going and the ships computer, Mother, wouldn't let us take off because something alive was still on board. Very scary game esp. when you came face to face with the Alien.

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 09:31 gilly775

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 31, 2012, 22:11 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:58:
Are these the same guys who made Ascendancy - one of my favourite games of all time? Some of those art assets are directly from it. Who's going to be playing this?

I will as soon as I finish Endless Space.

News Comments > Castle Story Kickstarter
21. Re: Castle Story Kickstarter Jul 29, 2012, 10:28 gilly775

Axis wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:26:
Already looks more fun than stronghold...

Agreed. And it looks like they captured the essence better than their third game. Automatic back.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 28, 2012, 09:19 gilly775

crypto wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 03:11:
I find this review to be biased. I seriously do not like the 1upt bs that goes from the classic board games like risk where you could combine units onto one tile to make a stronger army. I'm trying to lay siege to a city and I end up with a bunch of units hanging around, turn after turn, waiting to get hit with a catapult. If there is a open tile around the city, why do I have to go around my own people to get there, why no just walk through them? do they not like each other? Because I'm not allowed to combine armies I spent countless resources and precious turns building weak units in mass quantities to take one weak enemy. I guess the best thing about this game was the demo.

Having massive stacks isn't a fun game for most people and it defeated the intent of the game. They didn't want people to have massive stacks of units running around clobbering cities in one round, in much the same way they tried to reduce settler spam (with limited success). Unit stacking was an artifact of design and wasn't supposed to be the defining element of combat.

It got fairly ridiculous in 4, with potentially hundreds of units on a square and the only counter being the easily banned nuclear weapons.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
127. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 09:05 gilly775

Like I had said on another forum, good luck getting MS to license out DirectX to have all of those titles run on Linux. Otherwise, the Devs would have to port the games and we all know how great ports are....  

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter
58. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 14, 2012, 14:57 gilly775

I've donated to two different kickstarters so far, but I've been thinking about what happens if a game doesn't get made and you donated. Can you imagine the class action lawsuits that could spawn out of this and the forthcoming legal mumbo jumbo you'd have to agree to?  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 to Include Original
15. Re: Wasteland 2 to Include Original Jul 10, 2012, 13:46 gilly775

Dev wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:10:
gilly775 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 12:27:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:17:
Wow, that's cool! Never played the original, so including it is a nice bonus...

Same here. Loved the Fallout games and always heard good things about Wasteland.
To anyone thinking about playing the original wasteland, I suggest watching a youtube video on it first to see if its to your taste.
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbmZPF7SlMA

I would play it. I did a lot of Ultima/Zork/etc. style RPGs back in the day on my C-64. If anything, I'll bring back memories.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 to Include Original
12. Re: Wasteland 2 to Include Original Jul 10, 2012, 12:27 gilly775

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:17:
Wow, that's cool! Never played the original, so including it is a nice bonus...

Same here. Loved the Fallout games and always heard good things about Wasteland.

436 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo