Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 454 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
7. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:39 gilly775

Lol@workaround. There are plenty of other "workarounds."

Stupid DRM

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2012, 15:02 gilly775

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:04:
As nice as Linux is for compatibility, I am disappointed in the lack of drivers for my Hybrid Intel/Nvidia 650M chipset in it. I would hope it would run off of the Intel card, but it always runs off of the NVidia one.

Optimus support on Linux is pretty raw but IIRC someone did hack together a project for it, kinda went nuts then other people forked it. I sold my old Optimus laptop so I stopped following it. It did work, not sure about your specific chipset though.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

20. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 29, 2012, 13:57 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:50:
gilly775 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 11:43:
Funny...I must be the guy that never has issues. Never had problems with Windows Me and gaming, never had problems with Windows Vista and gaming, and have not had any problems with Windows 8 and gaming
I have a nephew that just got the message, had it sink in, the kid was reformatting like a couple times per month, any issue he had he did that nearly first thing and usually it didn't fix it anyway.

It's funny you mention that because I was in college when Windows 95 came out and whenever my CD Rom icon disappeared, I'd reformat my computer. It wasn't until months after that a friend of mine showed me how to fix that problem. Ever since then I was a techie at heart and even work as a Systems Admin today.

My home ESX host has seen the same hardware for years now but I just upgraded to version 5 which is running just as nice as 4 did. I'm even trying to learn Linux more and one of our admins has been helping me with my dual boot Win 8/Kubuntu laptop to show me how to use Linux. As nice as Linux is for compatibility, I am disappointed in the lack of drivers for my Hybrid Intel/Nvidia 650M chipset in it. I would hope it would run off of the Intel card, but it always runs off of the NVidia one.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2012, 11:43 gilly775

Funny...I must be the guy that never has issues. Never had problems with Windows Me and gaming, never had problems with Windows Vista and gaming, and have not had any problems with Windows 8 and gaming (been using it since I got it off of Technet). I will say that I had my first frozen system issue last night Citrixed into my work PC and running Live TV in Media Center, but other than that, no issues with it. I love the revamped task manager, faster boot up times, and all-in-one file copy dialog. As far as the start screen, I actually learned to use my keyboard to search for things compared to Windows 7 and search. I'd say it's much fast to get your results in 8 compared to 7 from searching within the Start Screen.  

News Comments > Gollop on X-COM Remake
26. Re: Gollop on X-COM Remake Nov 28, 2012, 16:20 gilly775

Did anyone read the title thinking Gollop was going to remake it? I sure did.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse.
4. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 17:44 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 13:47:
Totally agree. Get rid of Reply All as a button next to Reply. The fix is simple: make it a checkbox or something that you have to check before clicking Reply. Done.

How about educating the workplace users? I don't feel sorry for the guy in the article; he should have paid attention. I use the button a lot for work but that's because Project Managers like to email multiple people on emails and we have to give status updates to everyone. People should be smart enough to know how and when to use Reply to All. But there is no way (at least in IT) that we could forcibly have it removed for my job.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
37. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 19:04 gilly775

deqer wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 18:52:
Looks like this could be the final push for people to start Linux.

If all game developers got that way, then that's fine by me. However, I really don't see that happening right away.

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
33. Re: THQ in Default on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 19:41 gilly775

Prez wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 14:41:
nin wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 11:31:
Maybe someone else will pick up Saints Row. Our luck knowing it will be EA or Activision who will turn it into a giant piece of yearly shit.

I'm thinking Square Enix. They rescued the Sleeping Dogs devs and treated them right. And they did DX:HR.

Bonus points: they actually give a fuck about PC ports, too.

They'd be my choice too. I would say Valve, but then Saints Row 4 would come out sometime in 2023.

Nah, it would only be rumored.

News Comments > Death Rally Free Weekend
9. Re: Death Rally Free Weekend Nov 10, 2012, 13:05 gilly775

Dev wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:20:
I liked the original, anyone tried the remake?

Why not just try it? It's free for the weekend.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
34. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 10, 2012, 13:01 gilly775

ViRGE wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:21:
I'm still dumbfounded by how we've reached the point where you aren't allowed to cheat in a single-player game.

This isn't a single player game; it's a multiplayer game with a single player component attached to it. If your character never went online or could be attached to mp, this wouldn't be an issue.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 12:53 gilly775

Sleep wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 12:24:
Plenty of penny pinching negativity here. But dont worry Americanos, we got this. You can come and join the party later.

Only because I've kickstarted many other games so far, including you country's "Sir, You Are Being Hunted." There's only so much my wife would let me pledge/buy. Besides, if he announced this earlier, I would have been on the bandwagon. But, I can always pick it up later.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 11:43 gilly775

$32 is a little more than I would have liked to spend for a copy. But I had many enjoyable Elite 2: Frontier memories from years ago. Decisions....decisions.  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter
9. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 12:54 gilly775

Techie714 wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:39:
Ok, this game has one of the best names of a game ever..lol.
The game itself looks pretty cool & quite interesting. The graphics kind of remind me of TF2. I wish the pledges were not in pounds!

I think I'll back it!

It tells you approximately what it's converted to in dollars when you put in your card info to pledge.

News Comments > Indie Royale Halloween Bundle
3. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 13:39 gilly775

Yakubs wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:41:
This bundle is worth it for Pathologic alone. If anyone here hasn't played it, you must buy this bundle and play it immediately.

Why?

News Comments > Firefly HD Games Next Month
4. Re: Firefly HD Games Next Month Oct 26, 2012, 12:49 gilly775

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 10:47:
"Firefly game!? Wait, what????

<reads description>

"Oh...fuck..."

<closes tab>

Well, what else do you want??? They just announced Stronghold Crusader 2 a month back!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 10:06 gilly775

DangerDog wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:42:
I'll just stick with windows 7 updates, skip windows 8 and hope version 9 corrects the errors of their ways.

I think you might be wishing in one hand and shitting in the other....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 10:04 gilly775

John wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 09:10:
edaciousx wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 05:51:
This will probably be the first OS that I won't upgrade to since.... since............ ok let me see.

3.1, 95, 98, me, xp, vista, 7.
You upgraded to Windows ME and Vista?

What was wrong with ME or Vista? Worked fine here.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 15:00 gilly775

SykesN. wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 21:55:
Much more like Dungeon Keeper 2. It's a little rough around the edges but still fun.

Looks like it plays almost like Dwarfs!? too.

News Comments > Fassbender in Assassin's Creed Film
16. Re: Fassbender in Assassin's Creed Film Oct 22, 2012, 16:23 gilly775

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 13:39:
Who?

He was the android, David, in Prometheus. Good choice!

News Comments > Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter
9. Re: Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter Oct 22, 2012, 11:44 gilly775

I remember saying to a friend that this Kickstarter was going to bomb. I'm just surprised they pulled the plug early.  

454 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo