Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 476 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
43. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 19:29 gilly775

Dacron wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 10:11:
Suppa7 wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 07:37:
LgFriess wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 07:01:
Quinn wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 21:20:
Personally I think E:D is highly overrated and with the stunt they pulled with the pricing on their "expansion" they should get all the heat atm. I paid way too much for a shell of a game with the original E:D and now they ask me to pay the exact same amount again for adding just a tad more depth to a game that was as shallow as a Tunisian mudpuddle to begin with.

My thoughts exactly. So disappointed in E:D.

To be honest anyone who backed elite dangerous should have known that he didn't get anywhere near enough money to make the thing and he was dragging you along if you had any clue how much it costs to make a modern videogame.

To be honest anyone complaining about Elite Dangerous was expecting a totally different game than promised. They pitched a new version of Elite, they delivered 100% minus the offline component.

Just because they don't like it because they thought it would be something different doesn't mean ED/Frontier are to blame. It's like buying Half Life expecting a Super Mario experience then saying Valve dropped the ball because you were hoping for Mario.

ED is just this decades remake of the original, not the BDSSE.

I agree. Back then, it was fresh because no other game was out that produced the graphics, gameplay, and expansiveness. I knew what I was getting into when I backed the Premium Beta package and I'm ok with that. Wasn't thrilled with the "always online" component but my Steam backlog of games is so backed up right now, coupled with kids to take care of that I'm fine if my Internet connection goes out for some time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer
17. Re: Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer Jan 12, 2016, 13:52 gilly775

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 12:15:
Horrible to see children with cancer, but I think making a game of such a scenario is outright sick.

But, this could be also a way for someone to grieve after a loss of their child. Maybe this is how he had to deal with his emotions.

News Comments > Space Grunts Next Week
2. Re: Space Grunts Next Week Jan 8, 2016, 09:39 gilly775

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 07:11:
I dunno
and your mission is simple: find your way into the moon-base, and figure out what has happened. You'll have to fight your way through aliens, robots, security drones and base-systems. Find the lower levels of the moon-base, and get to the core of the problems.

I think they just gave away "what happened" Looks light as hell on Story. Another top down pixel shooter with rogue-like elements... again.

Have to see how this one set's itself apart.

It's being hailed as a turn-based version of Nuclear Throne, so I'm sold.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
10. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 13:44 gilly775

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:27:
Shok wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:47:
Most annoying issue I have is not being able to fire weapons until a push off/elbow animation completes first. This happens every time I fire a weapon. Maybe it's a corrupted save but since all we get is a checkpoint save system I can't load anything earlier...

My only real issue is that whenever I start the game I have like an 80% chance that it creates a massive audio distortion/crackle that persists no matter what I do. Restarting the game has an ok chance of fixing it, but not guaranteed.

I only get the staticy thing with headphones plugged in. And the only reason I use them is because I hear no voices when people talk in the game. Tried every fix suggested by people in the forums and nothing has helped.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
11. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 13:32 gilly775

So, we REALLY need a company to tell people this? Did people just start playing PC games yesterday?

And why is this such an issue? People have been using console commands since PC games came out!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
43. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 17:07 gilly775

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:22:
Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:00:
Gamers: The same group who yell "It's about gameplay not graphics!" then cry "Meh, the graphics aren't as great as I want, no good... skip." as they line up for a BF battlefront.
The issue is that it looks like a mod rather than a AAA game. That wouldn't be a problem if not for the AAA price tag. It's not like they've demonstrated much improvement in the way of gameplay either.

As for Battlefront, it may be a casual game but at least you can see a lot of work went into it and it looks like a modern game. Bethesda needs to put a lot more effort into assets and the engine.

FFS, none of us has played the PC version yet. We can't judge anything until we install it and we try it out. I don't buy any of the streaming or pictures or anything else until I actually install and play it.

People seriously complain way too much on prices these days. Heck, people bitch way too much on Steam because they don't feel a justification of a $10 price tag on a pixelated game when they seem to forget that the same pixelated game cost 2-3x that back in the early/mid-90s.

I also don't buy this AAA price tag crap either. In that case we can say that AC:Syndicate, JC3, Anno 2205, CoD's, etc are pretty much mods of their previous games too. Because honestly, they don't change much from their forefathers. Seriously? What more can be changed in this model to make it stand out?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
19. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 13:58 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 11:51:
Yeah, zero interest in this. It looks all around bad and resembles a bad soap opera more than a Fallout game. And no intro by Ron Perlman? So than it's really not a Fallout game except in name and general setting is it? Yeah, I'll check it out...when it hits the bargain bin.

He was in the original F4 trailer.

https://youtu.be/GE2BkLqMef4

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
101. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 7, 2015, 09:22 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 21:35:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:24:
So.. excuse my question, but if you haven't backed then wtf do you care?

A fair question worth answering.

And a fair answer it is.. however you come across as someone who hopes this will fail and as I said before, if this game fails then crowd-funding and the space-genre itself will be over and done for, for at least a decade and I am not getting younger. I want a god damn proper immersive space game and the under-funded and under-polished stuff DS produces can't be called that, and ED did not deliver on it's lofty promises either it's just a boring space trucking sim. The options and time ranges (considering the dev times of 4+ years for a proper space game) are not getting smaller. I want to see a proper VR able space game in my lifetime. ~.~

My how we have forgotten Elite 2: Frontier. That really wasn't any different as a "space trucking sim." Except the difference was that back then, we didn't see something like that ever, so it was really cool. But it boils down to being the same thing.

The other difference, though, is that ED isn't complete and they are adding on to it. So, we may see more things than just being a "space trucking sim."

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
8. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 13:43 gilly775

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:39:
Task wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:37:
*Shrugs* I don't know - for me the excitement isn't totally there for slightly different reasons (like it not being Isometric), but everyone has there own take on FO now (for me the series peaked in 1998/2001). I'm surprised there is already a pre-order up.

(Perhaps overly optimistic) Rumor is this fall. I was surprised by the preorder as well, as I expected the game next year (still am, actually).

Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Another rumor is they spent over 4 years working on this so I'm optimistic it will be out this year.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2015, 13:37 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 11:42:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 09:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Yep. LOL on the Blackguards, you can buy the whole franchise cheaper than you can buy version 2. Love Steam Sales logic from time to time.

Even better? If you own the first one and the addon, you cannot gift it. lol

Yep. Question: If I buy the whole thing as a gift, can I gift say BG2 back to myself and the rest elsewhere?

From what I understand, you cannot split the games. It's literally a package deal.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2015, 09:26 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Yep. LOL on the Blackguards, you can buy the whole franchise cheaper than you can buy version 2. Love Steam Sales logic from time to time.

Even better? If you own the first one and the addon, you cannot gift it. lol

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 09:24 gilly775

Bring back the Anatomy of a Stunt!!!!  

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Free DLC
2. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 Free DLC Apr 24, 2015, 19:25 gilly775

Quboid wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 00:26:
Is this the patch that makes it good? Seriously? I know the initial release was panned.

that patch came out months ago.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III in May
7. Re: Galactic Civilizations III in May Apr 23, 2015, 11:19 gilly775

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 02:17:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 22:33:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 21:27:
Just wish someone would look at MOO 2 and improve on that. I did not really like gal civ 2 so I doubt this one will fix the problems I had with it.

Check out Star Drive 2. While Zero, the dev, is still tweaking and balancing based on community feedback, it is very much the spiritual remake of MOO2 including GNN.

Thats exactly what someone said about zero and star drive1 right before he abandoned it...i still have a sour taste in my mouth from zero and his empty promises...

There are a lot of of positive reviews out there and the game is so much better than SD1

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2015/04/stardrive-2-review/

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
6. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:18 gilly775

A post on Reddit does note, however, that this is a little tricky, as it sounds like part of the checkout process asks for prior consent to waive this right to finalize your purchase, so it sounds like actually playing a game ends the ability to return it.

So, let me get this straight. You start the game, and Steam acknowledges that you did. Said game crashes and you still cannot get it working. You forfeit the chance to return it when all of your troubleshooting still doesn't work? That doesn't help that much.

News Comments > Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced
2. Re: Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced Mar 12, 2015, 14:45 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:41:
Huh, as a fan of both sci fi games and the Stronghold series (well 1 & 2, anyways), I'm surprised I've never heard of this. Looks pretty fun. Anyone play it?

I did. It was a pretty fun game. Not only did you have to consider what you were building but you had to try to appease your workers and I remembered it was pretty difficult to do so. I never beat it but it surely broke the mold of what Firefly did with the Stronghold series.

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed
4. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed Mar 11, 2015, 11:16 gilly775

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 09:52:
Really excited about this, got a lot of mileage out of Terraria, the addition of actual goals and objectives to sandboxers doesn't hurt things at all. Shame Starbound totally failed to deliver but hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

How did it totally fail to deliver? I'm still finding fun in both games.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC
5. Re: Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC Mar 9, 2015, 09:18 gilly775

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:09:
Well I never got the DLC and there is no way to download it.

Yeah, with some free DLC you need to "Download" it from the list of DLC for it to be registered. I noticed it on that link that fiftykyu provided and it registered once I clicked on "Download".

News Comments > Vietnam '65 Next Month
10. Re: Vietnam '65 Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 14:28 gilly775

Task wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 09:52:
Only US side? If I can't play as the Vietnamese who won their deserved victory, then its a no go.

I bet that's coming as DLC.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 10:05 gilly775

Mac wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:01:
ldonyo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:07:
So, this is more of a distraction to try and keep people from remembering the clusterfuck they called a release and hope they'll be forgiven when it happens next time.

I'm still waiting for the patches to make the game fun and playable are released before buying.

Already down to ~£13 on keysites ... probably sub £5 when I jump in ...

I'm having fun with it at least. The XBox One version is working well except for some minor glitches.

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo