Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2015, 13:37 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 11:42:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 09:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Yep. LOL on the Blackguards, you can buy the whole franchise cheaper than you can buy version 2. Love Steam Sales logic from time to time.

Even better? If you own the first one and the addon, you cannot gift it. lol

Yep. Question: If I buy the whole thing as a gift, can I gift say BG2 back to myself and the rest elsewhere?

From what I understand, you cannot split the games. It's literally a package deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2015, 09:26 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Yep. LOL on the Blackguards, you can buy the whole franchise cheaper than you can buy version 2. Love Steam Sales logic from time to time.

Even better? If you own the first one and the addon, you cannot gift it. lol

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 09:24 gilly775

Bring back the Anatomy of a Stunt!!!!  

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Free DLC
2. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 Free DLC Apr 24, 2015, 19:25 gilly775

Quboid wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 00:26:
Is this the patch that makes it good? Seriously? I know the initial release was panned.

that patch came out months ago.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III in May
7. Re: Galactic Civilizations III in May Apr 23, 2015, 11:19 gilly775

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 02:17:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 22:33:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 21:27:
Just wish someone would look at MOO 2 and improve on that. I did not really like gal civ 2 so I doubt this one will fix the problems I had with it.

Check out Star Drive 2. While Zero, the dev, is still tweaking and balancing based on community feedback, it is very much the spiritual remake of MOO2 including GNN.

Thats exactly what someone said about zero and star drive1 right before he abandoned it...i still have a sour taste in my mouth from zero and his empty promises...

There are a lot of of positive reviews out there and the game is so much better than SD1

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2015/04/stardrive-2-review/

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
6. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:18 gilly775

A post on Reddit does note, however, that this is a little tricky, as it sounds like part of the checkout process asks for prior consent to waive this right to finalize your purchase, so it sounds like actually playing a game ends the ability to return it.

So, let me get this straight. You start the game, and Steam acknowledges that you did. Said game crashes and you still cannot get it working. You forfeit the chance to return it when all of your troubleshooting still doesn't work? That doesn't help that much.

News Comments > Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced
2. Re: Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced Mar 12, 2015, 14:45 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:41:
Huh, as a fan of both sci fi games and the Stronghold series (well 1 & 2, anyways), I'm surprised I've never heard of this. Looks pretty fun. Anyone play it?

I did. It was a pretty fun game. Not only did you have to consider what you were building but you had to try to appease your workers and I remembered it was pretty difficult to do so. I never beat it but it surely broke the mold of what Firefly did with the Stronghold series.

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed
4. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed Mar 11, 2015, 11:16 gilly775

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 09:52:
Really excited about this, got a lot of mileage out of Terraria, the addition of actual goals and objectives to sandboxers doesn't hurt things at all. Shame Starbound totally failed to deliver but hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

How did it totally fail to deliver? I'm still finding fun in both games.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC
5. Re: Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC Mar 9, 2015, 09:18 gilly775

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:09:
Well I never got the DLC and there is no way to download it.

Yeah, with some free DLC you need to "Download" it from the list of DLC for it to be registered. I noticed it on that link that fiftykyu provided and it registered once I clicked on "Download".

News Comments > Vietnam '65 Next Month
10. Re: Vietnam '65 Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 14:28 gilly775

Task wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 09:52:
Only US side? If I can't play as the Vietnamese who won their deserved victory, then its a no go.

I bet that's coming as DLC.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 10:05 gilly775

Mac wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:01:
ldonyo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:07:
So, this is more of a distraction to try and keep people from remembering the clusterfuck they called a release and hope they'll be forgiven when it happens next time.

I'm still waiting for the patches to make the game fun and playable are released before buying.

Already down to ~£13 on keysites ... probably sub £5 when I jump in ...

I'm having fun with it at least. The XBox One version is working well except for some minor glitches.

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
11. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 11, 2015, 15:50 gilly775

verybad1 wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 13:57:
All I effing want is Sins of a Solar Empire 2. Everything else, is *meh*.

Although I think Sins fell out of their sales rights.

Yeah but Stardock didn't develop SoaSE

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Next Week
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Next Week Jan 6, 2015, 18:09 gilly775

Omni wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:58:
ldonyo wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:51:
Does this mean the issues in the main game have been addressed or is this just a distraction?

Just a distraction people say it still runs like shit.

I've only had a couple of issues on my XBone: Today in a fight, Arno wasn't actually fighting and had to sheathe his sword and unsheathe it to fight again and I still notice citizen's clothes changing in the distance when you get closer to them. Otherwise, after around 50+ hours and nearly completing it, it runs a lot better with the latest patches.

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 15:25 gilly775

AngelicPenguin wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:00:
Wow, looks like a really nice game. Only thing holding me back is that I really wanted to play it with a flight stick and haven't done any research on that (that and it will end up adding a lot of cost to this game.)

The mouse controls sound pretty solid, but everyone says not to (I really like X3 with a mouse, though.)

For a decently priced joystick under $50, this works well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ1YM7901

If you've got more cash, I'd say this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826102004

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 12:56 gilly775

This is exactly the Elite game I remember from when I played Elite II: Frontier years ago on a 486 computer, minus the planetary landings and more AI populated systems. I am confident those will get added as time goes on but like Dmitri_M said, comparing this game to a game with thousands of promises and little to show for it is pointless. I can't wait to see the disappointment on SC's backers threads when all of the promises are made and a good many aren't delivered. At least Braben and company didn't make so many promises they haven't kept (the lack of an offline mode irritated me, but knowing how much fun I've had with Elite II in the past and how much fun I'm having now negates that for me).  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
11. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 10:47 gilly775

Gorman: Any questions? [Hudson raises his hand.] What is it, private?
Hudson: [grinning] How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
Apone: You secure that shit, Hudson!

LOL

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
73. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 14:51 gilly775

Flatline wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:42:
Prez wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:16:
I think the refunds should be offered to everyone, not just people who haven't played yet. They failed to deliver on what I understand is a promised feature, and that means the ethical thing to do would be to offer everyone who wants one a refund. I played Planetary Annhilation online when it was Early Access because it was the opnly way to try out the game so I could give my feedback, but the only reason I backed it was because of the promised offline mode. I assume that would be the case with some people who were in the Beta. They are burning up a lot of their trust with gamers.

I kind of feel that kickstarters should get a refund opportunity period, since beta was free.

But if you paid a premium for the beta, which I did, that was to participate in the beta process. Even if the end product isn't something that meets it's promises, you got your beta money's worth and there's no reason why you should get that refunded.

I didn't hear about the KS until when the beta released, so when I read that the KS promised offline mode, I paid in for the PB. I bought the game mainly for offline mode since where I live in the sticks, I barely have a solid connection most of the time with the local ISP. So, yeah, I feel I was lied to knowing an offline mode was promised.

Also, I have no played the game since the end of May. One other time I tried, my inet connection went down and other, offline games took over from there. I was holding out for that offline mode to pick it up again.

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
22. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 15, 2014, 10:27 gilly775

zombiefan wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 01:12:
No, but I remember playing Defender of the Crown and screaming at my C64 whenever I'd lose the sword fight (and thus failing to see the damsel strip off her clothes). Good times.

I don't think I ever won a jousting match in that game.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
11. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 22:45 gilly775

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:30:
Borderlands is a pretty safe preorder, at least you know what you're getting.

Yeah, but not for that price. I can wait with a library of other things out now and with Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed 5 on the horizon.

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 17:55 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 17:24:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:56:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

Or you just wait until next years steam summer sale so that you can save money with guarantee There is no reason to pre-order games.

Unless you actually want to play them and they're EA

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo