Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gilly775

Real Name gilly775   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 10, 2009, 03:20
Total Comments 436 (Amateur)
User ID 55394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition
11. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition Jul 25, 2014, 16:01 gilly775

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 13:17:
Fun game but I'm still waiting for a proper sequel with MUCH needed multi-core support.

That Star Trek mod for it is pretty great though. As long as you don't let the Borg get out of control. F'ing Borg.

Which one? Isn't there like 2 or 3 mods?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Announced
3. Re: Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Announced Jul 9, 2014, 11:01 gilly775

This was a cancelled Kickstarter from awhile back. Too bad it did not get funded but I'm glad they got some alternate funding!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2144810080/black-talons/posts/832002

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 12:45 gilly775

I could care less honestly..just don't understand why anyone gives a flying flip that a female isn't in a game....esp. since there was a playable female character earlier.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 gilly775

So why aren't people bitching at the countless thousands of other games that don't have a playable female character?  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:45 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:44:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:29:
Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

Saint's Row got it right, and improved from one game to the next, to where you almost NEED a second player for SR4.

Anyway, they confirm this is campaign co-op, it'll be the first game I've bought day-one in years.

Uh, in the E3 video they specifically said "Drop in coop"

I believe they also mentioned sandbox co-op and not campaign-level.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:20 gilly775

umm, you guys know you posted this video down below at 8:51am, right? lol  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
26. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 16:12 gilly775

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:56:
Damn, you guys are not making it easy to hold off until release, luckily my wallet is making the decision for me.

My credit card told my wallet to STFU and "take my credit!"

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
63. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 16:47 gilly775

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:42:
Do I really need to spell out that I'm not talking about a handful of rabid space game fanboys who'll give their eye teeth for a space game, but the vast majority of "normal" people. I don't know if you guys are multi-millionaires or live at home with your parents but for most of us with real life commitments and debts, then yes $150+ for a game is completely fucking absurd. As was discussed last night, even $60 is considered too much by most these days. Most people aren't even looking at games until they're hitting $30 and under.

I have student loans, four kids a wife and a mortgage. I also know how to save money for something I want.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 09:31 gilly775

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:14:
Every time I see this title now I get that stupid song in my head, The girl is so dangerous....

Anyway, $150? Yeah. Keep smokin that rock.

Depends on how you feel about games. I put more time into Elite 2: Frontier when I was in the Navy than any other game in my lifetime. I look at it as $50 for the game, $50 for all of the future expansions and $50 donation to a company that has put solid games out in the past. This and Gal Civ 3 are the two games I paid at least $100 because of how good their previous games were and I don't see a problem with that

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
10. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 11:33 gilly775

Omni wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:17:
Its looking pretty good but single player only, top down games should always have some sort of coop. Would buy if they added some proper story mode coop.

Not necessarily with RPGs. I mean Fallout 1/2 didn't and the upcoming zombie RPG Dead State doesn't.

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
2. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 09:37 gilly775

I picked this up from a Build a Greenlight bundle awhile back. Looking forward to trying this out.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
16. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 14:36 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 14:13:
Remember Aliens Colonial Marines..... and what bullshit and lies were spread before that released....

Gonna be a let's play material for me, and if it's only 3 hours... well then the let's play was at least worth my time Though thankfully, not my money

Yeah, but that was a different studio, right? Also, this one has been worked on longer than the other so at least it seems they are getting it right.

Remember AvP or Alien on the C-64? I have faith that this one will do the series justice.

News Comments > Limit Theory Economics Lesson
4. Re: Limit Theory Economics Lesson Apr 3, 2014, 20:42 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:21:
Just shut up and take my money already!

He already did from me!

News Comments > Tropico 5 in May
8. Re: Tropico 5 in May Apr 3, 2014, 09:40 gilly775

Was invited into the beta. Played quite a bit last night before it crashed on me. The ability to move through ages is pretty cool. There seems to be an expanded list of things you can build and edicts to issue but like previous Tropicos, it pretty much is the same.  

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
8. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:38 gilly775

Hey Blizzard, how about investigating the massive lag that's been going on the past week and kicking people out? Nothing more infuriating than paying for a SP experience but getting disconnected any time I want to run through the game solo.  

News Comments > Space Hulk Space Wolves DLC Released
2. Re: Space Hulk Space Wolves DLC Released Mar 12, 2014, 08:58 gilly775

Yeah, they fixed most of the issues in the first week of release. And there's more DLC out than just this one.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 3 in June; Preorders Begin
11. Re: Sniper Elite 3 in June; Preorders Begin Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 gilly775

Getting a "Product Unavailable in your region" message when going to the preorder page and I'm in the US

EDIT: Now it's working

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 13:21.

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
19. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:08 gilly775

Panickd wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 12:02:
I never got the point of the Library Sharing feature. If I can't be logged into my account and playing a game at the same time someone I've shared my library with wants to play a totally different game from my library it loses any value it may have had.

You can be logged in; you just can't be playing a game.

Btw, this has been available for everyone for over a month now. I never got a beta invite and noticed it a couple of months ago. So did my other friends.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
3. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 09:22 gilly775

CDWarden wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 09:19:
They can call me when the building space for an entire city isn't the size of a postage stamp.

I'm sure modders will fix that if Maxis doesn't.

News Comments > Banished Next Month
11. Re: Banished Next Month Jan 11, 2014, 15:33 gilly775

Bradley wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 10:27:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 03:00:
looks boring.

Part of me kind of agrees with you. I think it has awesome potential though, and will still be fun. I'm still going to buy it, and at ~$20 it should be well worth it. I'm just worried that there won't be enough to do in the game to keep me interested for very long. I've been following the game for well over a year, so I've got a fair idea about all the features the developer has talked about. Beyond building, farming , and some fishing/hunting there doesn't seem like there is much going on. From what I've heard there is no real tech tree other than a single upgrade to the tool levels. You can't do any research for new buildings and you never advance beyond a "thatched roof" time period.

There's also no combat which I understand is not the main focus, however, fending off bandits would keep it interesting.

436 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo