Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AJJR

Real Name AJJR   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JumboClustered
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2009, 20:12
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 55352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Tom Clancy Oct 2, 2013, 22:48 JumboClustered

One of the few authors I consistently go back to and re-read. I've worn out copies of Red Storm Rising and Clear and Present Danger since the late 80s. To this day, Red Storm Rising is still one of the titles I weigh most military thrillers up against. Wasn't a fan of most of his recent work, however. The Teeth of the Tiger was the last "new" release of his I read and enjoyed enough that I couldn't put it down. Anyway, R.I.P., Mr. Clancy.  

"Good tea. Nice house."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2013, 09:28 JumboClustered

RIP, Jeff. I'll be firing up Seasons in the Abyss on my drive to Northern Arizona a bit later today.  

"Good tea. Nice house."

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
43. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 19:34 JumboClustered

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 11:08:
Shadowun is one of the best effing games ever devised. My 3 main staples in my PnP days were D&D, Shadowrun, and Paranoia. One of the reasons I so dearly want an open source D20 NWN style game/editor/CRPG creator is precisely you I could take a stab at doing Shadowrun and Paranoia modules.

I just happen to be staring at my weathered little stack of Shadowrun PnP books right now. They're squished in with my elventy-billion Rolemaster books. Ah! Good times. Where in the hell are my dice??

"Good tea. Nice house."

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
17. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 21:57 JumboClustered

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 18:55:
The Mistborn trilogy was very interesting. His writing got much better in the second and third books. I still prefer Patrick Rothfuss, however.

What you said. Joe Abercrombie is great, too (for anyone interested).

"Good tea. Nice house."

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel Mar 20, 2012, 22:23 JumboClustered

Buyer's remorse here, too. I was on the fence to begin with, but I had a Best Buy gift card and an open weekend with no wife or kid to get in my way. Oh well. Next time I'll save the gift card for a new coffee maker or something.  

"Good tea. Nice house."

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 15:54 JumboClustered

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 15:06:
I also already hit burn out with this game.

Here is the problem (with MMO's in general). Beyond the setting, and story, there are no new ideas. Nothing brought to the table at all. You have WoW-style skill trees, you have dailies, warfronts (battleground), 4 man instances, and raids. It's all so cookie cutter. It's like MMO Paint by Numbers, these days.

Remember when MMO's used to actually come up with their own concepts? Now it's just 'copy the WoW formula and be done with it.'.

The one thing Swtor has that is original are the space shooter missions, but even those are uninspired. Here we have an MMO set in space, and the only space combat at all are just single player 'on-rails' shooting galleries. Where is the vision?

Oh and don't get me started on their customer support. It is non-existent. They outsourced all their support to a company in India, and most of the time when you actually get a response to a support ticket, it's in broken English, and has nothing to do with what your issue was. Their support staff has clearly never played the game, or possibly any games.

What you said . . . well, except for the customer service part. I didn't have to futz with them.

"Good tea. Nice house."

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo