Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sebastian Kleye

Real Name Sebastian Kleye   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RocketChef
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 6457130
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 20, 2009, 06:03
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 55337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Widescreen Support
5. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Widescreen Support Dec 15, 2009, 11:00 RocketChef

I think this widescreen controversy belongs to older Battlefield PC titles such as BF2142, which got widescreen support added in one of the early patches and is only activated by commandline switch +widescreen 1, or the older BF2, which got widescreen support a few months ago and is activated the same as in BF2142.
I for myself know that console games are already widescreen so the topic of this post should be directed more into the direction of Eyefinity than widescreen in general.

Techie, it's because previous BF games specifically didn't include it because the developers felt it was an "unfair advantage".

Yes, getting the 16:10 or 16:9 ratio added to a 4:3 or 5:4 is an advantage (more visible area added on left and right), but I think getting the 4:3 or 5:4 ratio cut down to 16:10 or 16:9 (screen is cut down and you lose height) is not the right way to compensate :).

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2009, 11:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > US MW2 and EU L4D2 Restricted in Germany
5. Re: US MW2 and EU L4D2 Restricted in Germany Dec 1, 2009, 14:01 RocketChef

I am german and you cannot imagine how rediculous this all is... They censored the following for Germany: In MW2 the "Airport Sequence" is modified so you cannot shoot any civilian without getting a "Game Over" screen. In L4D2 there is absolutely no gore and the bodies fade away as soon as they hit the ground. Great atmosphere if you ask me...

But I still wonder what this indexing is all about? Everybody I know and who can (and thanks to globalization and the internet there are many) is buying a "foreign" version to actually get a "full version". It is, for 18+ games, clean censorship... but if they won't stop censoring, I won't stop buying games in other countries and pay my VAT there... no problem.

News Comments > PC Bad Company Beta Delayed
3. Re: PC Bad Company Beta Delayed Nov 26, 2009, 16:00 RocketChef

I'd say "Destruction 2.0" with "only" 32 players is enough if you want to have a battle field which lasts longer than 5 minutes... not mentioning the server and internet connection needed for only processing and transmitting the other 63 player's data to every single player...  

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans
18. Re: Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans Nov 23, 2009, 09:35 RocketChef

It does already.  

News Comments > Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys
46. Re: Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys Nov 21, 2009, 11:19 RocketChef

Vote out the pricks that keep censoring your games.

Easier said then done... All who are against it are in parties not strong enough to change anything at all. I think its the publishers who are in charge to say something against that because they have the work to build a censored version, but that is another topic :).

News Comments > Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys
39. Re: Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys Nov 21, 2009, 09:47 RocketChef

What should someone like me do? I'am german and we've got a very nice agency that dictates the people what is seen in video games and what not. Funny is: In Germany the game has a big red 18 on it (so it should only be available to grown ups) and we get some cutted shit?! So what do we do? Yes... buying an "uncut key" on the internet because steam detects on your IP from where you are buying and gives the "low violence version" notice if you want to buy it over their platform... Yes, maybe imports are an option, but if you want to play the game on release instead of waiting 7-21 working days for your import...
I have not bought MW2 because of the known limitations but this story also applies to Left4Dead (1 and 2) which I bought over these channels (g2play and/or onlinekeystore).

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2009, 09:47.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 20, 2009, 01:08 RocketChef

@LittleMe: The hit-detection crosshair was always a server-side variable and was default on. It was very helpful in BF42 where it was first introduced to see if you actually hit with this sloppy netcode :D.  

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo