Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sebastian Kleye

Real Name Sebastian Kleye   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RocketChef
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 6457130
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 20, 2009, 06:03
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 55337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
22. Re: Hope thats not the only thing they fix Nov 15, 2011, 04:30 RocketChef

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 00:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 22:42:
...BF3 doesn't let us use it to hit tanks on top.
Partly wrong! BF3 lets us do the more damaging top attack mode, but not without teamplay. You have to laser designate a tank with a recon SOFLAM (or other unlocked laser designation gear) and then lock on with a JAVELIN to do the top attack.
Now why I said "partly". Tried it myself and worked once and very well (tank was disabled right away) and then never again... you guessed it: it's also a bit bugged. Seems like the JAVELIN (and other laser guided missiles) hits behind the target in 90% of all cases (I think Kertz confirmed that), but after firing on a laser designated taget the rocket goes straigt up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On BF3 Multiplayer
21. Re: On BF3 Multiplayer Jul 1, 2011, 01:36 RocketChef

The BF series (since 1942) was never meant to be a reality sim gameplay wise, only graphical in model- and weapon-design. I don't bother shooting half a magazine on another player (spray and pray, but if I aim there are never more than 3 hits to the head or chest sections, which is OK for me) or having an orange triangle over my head when the enemy spots me because that is all what Battlefield is about. One-shot-kills with any gun (besides sniper rifles) is too frustrating for me. The only satisfaction for me is when another player tries to kill me he has the same "problem" if he refuses to aim.

And there I am at the topic: TDM is a total numb gameplay. If I want TDM I wouldn't be playing BF. One thing I liked most about BF is having an objective where the secondary objective is to get the main objective in any way possible. Not to have only secondary objectives... if you know what I mean. But I think thats for all the CoD-players to feel a bit more home :D.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
6. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Nov 24, 2010, 01:56 RocketChef

Without "Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3." it is exactly the same patch PC players have and play with since 2 weeks.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released
15. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 09:18 RocketChef

The funny thing is, they are there nearly since release of BC2. They are activated on the server side via special command line switches and by EA maintainers of the master server to let you edit the filters according to the "new" maps.
This also applies to the "release" of the SPECACT kits - they are already there but not ready for the masses. That's why there were some "hacked" servers which allowed you to use them and even get achievements. As soon as they fix their crashes (as they say) the switch will be set to properly use them (after you paid for it).

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Tips
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patch, Tips Jun 13, 2010, 06:00 RocketChef

The only thing I wonder is that it is all because of the mac players... as if there were absolutely no PC noobs needing this training to get startet properly...

But maybe Valve has the same opinion as me that Mac users have a Mac because they can not do anything on their own on a computer and gaming is also a foreign word :).

News Comments > Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme
13. Re: Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme May 19, 2010, 11:42 RocketChef

First of all they should consider EA's DRM scheme more... I have no problem with a digitally bought game which activates itself once at install time (speaking of what BFBC2 did).  

News Comments > NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews
21. Re: NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews Mar 27, 2010, 12:31 RocketChef

Rigs wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 03:27:
System 2 (built Nov. 2009) - Gigabyte P55M-UD2/F6_Intel Core i5-750_2gb Kingston DDR3_Radeon HD5770 1gb_Intel X-25 40gb SSD_Maxtor 200gb_LiteOn iHAS324Y DVD-RW_ANTEC 650w PSU_Thermaltake LANBOX Lite
The question here is: Why do you need a 650W psu for a system that is consumptioning approx. between 250 and 300W max? The rest seems picked fine...

News Comments > More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming
17. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 12, 2010, 08:12 RocketChef

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 03:30:
Hey Dice, you want to multiply your BC2 capacity in an instant? Release dedicated server package to the public (linux/windows). But, if you ever do I require payment of $1mil for my bright idea.
Funny is... first I thought that may be an idea for preventing hacks/stats exploiting/cracked playing. But after I saw that there is an account required where your valid CD key is stored into this all seems a bit nutty... If you want to play cracked you have to reverse engineer the complete ea-authing to gain access to the multiplayer part. This kind of effort stands in no relation to the price of the original game.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DirectX 11 Details
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DirectX 11 Details Feb 19, 2010, 19:02 RocketChef

LittleMe wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 17:22:
I wonder what Hitler thinks of no prone in BC2.
Tatshootn!

edit:
citation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4UhJpviVYg @ 3:24

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2010, 19:08.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DirectX 11 Details
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DirectX 11 Details Feb 19, 2010, 14:30 RocketChef

Anybody who played the beta/demo knows that there is no need for prone as it is a complete different game. As David 'locust9' Gorldfarb said: "BF BC2 is run and maneuver, not duck and hide".  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer Feb 13, 2010, 08:39 RocketChef

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 21:16:
Not really "Tips", more like "Overview" of the map and what a player can do.....
And due to the fact that there are still 4+ players camping on the hill in the attacker team this movie is really worthwhile...

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
31. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 4, 2010, 06:39 RocketChef

Damn, I love Germany..... this is what the Steam link tells me:
Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Nice draw Rebellion...

News Comments > BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com
41. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, Jan 25, 2010, 06:57 RocketChef

I can live with this fact very good. I would not buy a pre-owned game with a serial protection either... you never can tell if the previous owner wrote it down somewhere so I'll be always on the safe side if I buy it new.  

News Comments > AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer
9. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 11:16 RocketChef

LOL! Have you seen the video? David Brickley the senior producer looked like he would sing "Never gonna give you up... never gonna say goodby..." any moment :D.  

News Comments > BC2 Beta Dates; No Mod Tools or Public Server Distribution
20. Re: BC2 Beta Dates; No Mod Tools or Public Server Distribution Jan 9, 2010, 16:06 RocketChef

LOL! No, but you can try to do it better if you think it's not ok what they want to do with and how they want to protect their product.  

18. Re: BC2 Beta Dates; No Mod Tools or Public Server Distribution Jan 9, 2010, 07:24 RocketChef

The only thing I hear is whining about some (understandable) reasons for preventing piracy and/or cheating. Even the pricing of this title is on the market's normal level. Flexibility is nice but without control it's like having a state without laws in a country with no constitution. Give them a solid and most of all cheap solution how to get flexibility AND prevent piracy and/or cheating instead of whining about how they do it.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2010, 07:24.

16. Re: BC2 Beta Dates; No Mod Tools or Public Server Distribution Jan 9, 2010, 05:47 RocketChef

One question to all the "haters": Was there ever one game in the history of the Battlefield series for the PC where there were ONLY official EA (dedicated) servers? Even the Gamespy auth servers for BF42 are still running...

I think they will give some kind of trust and/or contract to GSPs for hosting dedicated servers which you can rent. But the advantages for DICE in not giving the files to public use is clear: 1. they can control which GSP hosts a server 2. no server-side hacks to bypass serial checks for the clients (win for EA/DICE *and* fair to the paying players) 3. harder to build hacks/cheats which were developed by studying the client-server packets in depth (win for DICE *and* the fair-players). LAN is the big downside but I think in times of fast and lag-free internet for everybody that is not a big loss. I have to wait till its out but I think on my 16K/1M ADSL connection could take a 4 player squad mini-LAN when playin on the internet.

No mod support? I'am fine with this this time. I see BFBC2 more of a financial step to fund a BF3 development where the modding community should be supported!

I suggest to wait until it's out before sending out apocalyptic prayers. Remember the "MW2 we want dedicated servers" steam group? Even if you argue here this picture told me that there is still a 50/50 chance that you will buy the game. I did not but I will support DICE and buy BFBC2 - hey... it's the first ever PC BFBC!

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2010, 05:47.

1. Re: BC2 Beta Dates; No Mod Tools or Public Server Distribution Jan 8, 2010, 16:24 RocketChef

At least there are dedicated servers... even if they are only for rent but it's anyway better than p2p :D.
GvD also tweets some clear words upon that: link

I fully understand this move... no public server files = no cracked (valid serial # not needed) servers.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month?
10. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 25, 2009, 09:35 RocketChef

@Bilbo: Judging by your post I think you were in "The Shire" for too long...  

News Comments > SEGA Wins Aus AvP Appeal
7. Re: SEGA Wins Aus AvP Appeal Dec 18, 2009, 12:39 RocketChef

Only reason it passed I think is because they re trying to get a +18 rating and they are 'being nice'.

There is no 18+ classification in AU (MA15+ is the highest) and thats something they need if they want to do anything about it or want to argue decently.

I would appreciate such effort in Germany too SEGA!! Germany's population is 4 times higher than AU's...

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo