Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Total-Khaos

Real Name Total-Khaos   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Total-Khaos
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 23, 2009, 02:35
Total Comments 67 (Suspect)
User ID 55281

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
29. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 17, 2014, 02:37 Total-Khaos

NetHead wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 12:07:
Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:32:
I find it absolutely hilarious that they have already had conventions for an unreleased / unfinished game.

Maybe fundraiser would be a more apt name?

CitizenCon 2014 had absolutely nothing to do with fundraising. This event was only open to people who already backed their project. This is the verbiage from their website:

Citizen Con 2014 is almost upon us. This year the present and future of Star Citizen will be unveiled in Los Angeles on October 10th. We use the anniversary of Star Citizen’s launch to celebrate the progress of the game’s development to date and to honor the contribution of the community. We will be livestreaming a presentation from Chris Roberts to backers around the world that will review what we’ve accomplished to date and then give you a sneak peak and what’s coming up for Star Citizen.

Star Citizen wouldn’t be possible without our backers, so we’re eager to put on a livestreamed event that honors your contribution and keeps you informed about what we’re doing. Tune in October 10th to see more.

Are you interested in attending in person? A limited number of tickets will be available via the pledge store for backers who wish to join the team for the party in person! We have 300 tickets to sell that will be sold in three 100 ticket chunks. The times are as follows, scheduled to allow backers from around the world to get an equal chance:

9 AM PDT
6 PM PDT
1 AM PDT (Saturday September 13th)

The location is the Avalon Hollywood at 1735 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Tickets will be $40 each and will go on sale Friday, September 12th, 2014.

Doors open at 6:00 PM, the presentation is from 7:00pm until 9:00pm, and the Avalon after party will be at 10:00pm. The dress code is smart casual (no flip-flops, shorts, or caps – fancy hats are ok.) The venue is 21+, and we are unable to admit anyone younger. Paid parking will be available in the lot next door

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Layoffs at Turbine
6. Re: Layoffs at Turbine Oct 17, 2014, 02:25 Total-Khaos

Hmm, if you layoff a hobbit, do they get a full severance package or just half of one?

(Ok, losing your job sucks and I really hope they find new employment soon!)

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
4. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 11:32 Total-Khaos

I find it absolutely hilarious that they have already had conventions for an unreleased / unfinished game.  

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added
8. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added Oct 10, 2014, 12:43 Total-Khaos

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:44:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:37:
Yeah, I'm gonna go with "turn the game off and get some sleep, dude."

lol

Something happened:

Do do do do Do do do do

States it was created 10/9 in the morning, but no longer exists at the main front. The Vanishing of Ze Raven!

Might want to check the date on that. Shows up as 9/9, not 10/9, for me. You replied to a month-old post, dude.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
4. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 14:50 Total-Khaos

There is no need for creative direction. They are now catering to a bunch of gamers who tap away on iPhones and iPads. The days of MMO's are numbered, they just saw the writing on the wall before wasting even more of their money.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Delay
4. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Delay Sep 22, 2014, 17:02 Total-Khaos

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 11:58:
Why is it written STEAM!!!!!!!!!!? :\ It's just, muthafuckin "Steam"...

Their trademark is registered as "STEAM" with the United States Patent & Trademark Office, so technically it is correct.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
6. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:06 Total-Khaos

Funny, pirated copies already have new cracks that remove the mentioned pixelation.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:56 Total-Khaos

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 14:13:
Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:23:
Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?

Yes, I did. See two posts below you.

Touché - I missed that!

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 13:23 Total-Khaos

Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?  

News Comments > CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak
15. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 8, 2014, 20:08 Total-Khaos

Blue Streak? More like Brown Streak...in my pants.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
5. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 22:12 Total-Khaos

LittleMe wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:26:
Does anyone have something to say in comments besides beating the game up? As in, saying something insightful and current about the game?

...um, pretty sure they still got bare virtual boobies, so that's a plus I guess.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
4. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 12:33 Total-Khaos

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 11:18:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:
"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

It's give and take. After it's all said and done, you can just unlike.

Absolutely - I just don't like companies doing shady things like this. Why not offer the beta key with no stipulations, and simply ask that users like their page instead afterwards? I'd be more inclined to do so than I would by making it a requirement. Meh.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
2. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 10:32 Total-Khaos

"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
12. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:31 Total-Khaos

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:19:
Ugh... when is the zombie craze going to end? When is the multiplayer survival pk fest going to end? You would think people would be sick of both by now.

Even if you are in the mood for a zombie game, you probably aren't going to enjoy asshats burning down your structures 24 hours a day, for no reason other than to spam WTFLOLBBQ or whatever in chat.

I agree...the dawn of the Rainbow Unicorn fad is nearly upon us! Take up arms gentlemen!

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
11. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:28 Total-Khaos

Oneprince wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:03:
Watching Smedley competently pop open the console and spawn a vehicle just about has me sold outright. Guess he did come from programming roots even if he is now the Prez.

Aww come on now, we all know Smedley was really the guy behind the green suit of armor back in the old EverQuest days. Aradune (Brad) was just Smedley's puppet that he liked to shove his arm into...he was the Jeff Dunham of gaming!

News Comments > On ESO Charges
23. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 13:49 Total-Khaos

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:04:
"Hey, with your game purchase comes 30 days of free game time. However, we do put an authorization charge on your bank account to make sure you can actually afford the 15 dollar fee... that you don't owe us until next month.

"Don't worry, it's totally legit!"

Usually this authorization hold lasts a short period of time before being removed. It can vary from bank to bank.

Most banks leave that on there for three frikkin days.

I work with the payment card industry and can tell you some authorizations can last up to 30 days.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 12:25 Total-Khaos

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:10:
Nope, kill cam is still f*cked.

I've had plenty of issues, all due to DICE's shoddy programming of the game. Every time they patch something out, they introduce NEW bugs. I honestly have no idea how they manage to do that on a regular basis.

I support software for a living and can tell you that this is pretty much the way things work. Programming isn't as simple as most people dream it to be, especially when you're dealing with highly complex programs such as this or enterprise software. That said, if you don't invest in QA, these issues eventually get spotted out in the field when they should have been spotted internally.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 19:04 Total-Khaos

LOL, too funny! These CoD games are starting to remind me of Walker Texas Ranger. That show was fucking great for the first season or two, then it started going downhill when their writers started smoking PCP -- time travel, aliens, UFO's, angels, you name it. I'm watching this going...w..t..f?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
23. Re: etc., etc. Mar 19, 2014, 00:42 Total-Khaos

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 23:59:
PropheT wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 18:31:
EA winning this like they have speaks more about the gaming community than it does about them. It makes gamers look like spoiled brats if EA wins this annually when up against companies on the list that are doing things that actually ruin people's lives and damage communities.

This is what I came to say. EA "won" twice in the past not because they're an awful company that does awful things, but because they pissed off fanbois who are both totally internet connected, and have the free time to vote in polls like this. In droves. "They nerfed the M4 in BF4!! EA IS THE WORST COMPANY IN TEH WERLD!@!!1`11" This poll by Consumerist is just clickbait.

If you hired a real polling firm like Pew to do a "Worst Company in America" poll, you wouldn't find EA in the top 100 even. It would be dominated by companies that have truly affected people's pocketbook and dignity: Delta, Philip Morris, Comcast, TWC, Walmart, Sachs, Koch, etc.

You do realize all of those companies were part of the WCIA poll, right? However, these were the remaining companies at the end of that process last year:

WCIA 2013 Bracket

These were the 40 contenders from this year:

Abercrombie & Fitch, Aetna, Amazon, American Airlines/US Airways, AT&T, Bank of America, Citi, Coca-Cola, Comcast, CVS, Delta Air Lines, DirecTV, EA, eBay/PayPal, Emeritus, Experian, Facebook, GM, JCPenney, Johnson & Johnson/McNeil, JPMorgan Chase, Koch Industries, Lululemon, McDonald’s, Microsoft, Monsanto, PepsiCo, Safeway, Sallie Mae, Sears/Kmart, SeaWorld, Ticketmaster/Live Nation, Time Warner Cable, Target, Verizon, Walgreens, Walmart, Wellpoint, Wells Fargo, Yahoo

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
15. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 17:14 Total-Khaos

nin wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:26:
I never got very far into EQ...I remember I fell down this hole into a dungeon, and trying to find my way out, kept falling deeper and deeper. Finally gave up and never went back...

Oh Befallen, how I miss thee!

67 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo