Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Total-Khaos

Real Name Total-Khaos   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Total-Khaos
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 23, 2009, 02:35
Total Comments 72 (Suspect)
User ID 55281

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
16. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 13:11 Total-Khaos

noman wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:11:
InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:39:
Your momma! Its not about the downsides. Its about the principles. Im not interested in supporting EA and its exclusive webshop, sure I might miss out on a few cool games every DECADE or so but Ill live with it.

Nothing exclusive about Origin. They sell other publisher's games too. It's Steam which has an exclusion policy where if you buy a game from them, all the DLCs should be purchased from them as well, where Origin is its own DRM platform and can manage the games and DLCs outside of Steam on its own.

Uplay doesn't have this policy, and so it doesn't exclude Origin games from its store.

Unlike Steam, Origin offers full refunds of the game, and has a far more responsive customer service.

I think the OP meant that some digital EA games are only available through Origin. You don't see the newer Battlefield games on Steam for example.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
2. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 26, 2014, 11:53 Total-Khaos

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:37:
$35...for this? Lulz.

I was shocked at first too, but then I saw the 3D models and was like WHOA this is totally worth $35. I feel like I am really underwater swimming with fishes.

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
20. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 15:07 Total-Khaos

ldonyo wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 14:54:
Fewer than the number of us that waited to see if Fonzie would make it when it was first aired!

Haha!

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
7. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:36 Total-Khaos

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:57:
Shark jumped.

I wonder how many people even get that reference nowadays. Man, I feel old.

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
10. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 12:13 Total-Khaos

Simon Says wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 11:18:
Nooooooo!

Steam on capped broadband = total crap.

I reinstalled x-com enemy unknown the other day, I would've needed a friggin 8 GIGABYTES download to even get started and finish the installation. On a 20 gigs monthly cap its a no go. On GFWL at least the whole game would've been on the disc and no additional download would be necessary.

Ouch - that is one shitty ISP you got there. You must use the majority of your monthly cap on pr0n, am I right?

*high five bro*

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
29. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 17, 2014, 02:37 Total-Khaos

NetHead wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 12:07:
Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:32:
I find it absolutely hilarious that they have already had conventions for an unreleased / unfinished game.

Maybe fundraiser would be a more apt name?

CitizenCon 2014 had absolutely nothing to do with fundraising. This event was only open to people who already backed their project. This is the verbiage from their website:

Citizen Con 2014 is almost upon us. This year the present and future of Star Citizen will be unveiled in Los Angeles on October 10th. We use the anniversary of Star Citizen’s launch to celebrate the progress of the game’s development to date and to honor the contribution of the community. We will be livestreaming a presentation from Chris Roberts to backers around the world that will review what we’ve accomplished to date and then give you a sneak peak and what’s coming up for Star Citizen.

Star Citizen wouldn’t be possible without our backers, so we’re eager to put on a livestreamed event that honors your contribution and keeps you informed about what we’re doing. Tune in October 10th to see more.

Are you interested in attending in person? A limited number of tickets will be available via the pledge store for backers who wish to join the team for the party in person! We have 300 tickets to sell that will be sold in three 100 ticket chunks. The times are as follows, scheduled to allow backers from around the world to get an equal chance:

9 AM PDT
6 PM PDT
1 AM PDT (Saturday September 13th)

The location is the Avalon Hollywood at 1735 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Tickets will be $40 each and will go on sale Friday, September 12th, 2014.

Doors open at 6:00 PM, the presentation is from 7:00pm until 9:00pm, and the Avalon after party will be at 10:00pm. The dress code is smart casual (no flip-flops, shorts, or caps – fancy hats are ok.) The venue is 21+, and we are unable to admit anyone younger. Paid parking will be available in the lot next door

News Comments > Layoffs at Turbine
6. Re: Layoffs at Turbine Oct 17, 2014, 02:25 Total-Khaos

Hmm, if you layoff a hobbit, do they get a full severance package or just half of one?

(Ok, losing your job sucks and I really hope they find new employment soon!)

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
4. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 11:32 Total-Khaos

I find it absolutely hilarious that they have already had conventions for an unreleased / unfinished game.  

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added
8. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added Oct 10, 2014, 12:43 Total-Khaos

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:44:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:37:
Yeah, I'm gonna go with "turn the game off and get some sleep, dude."

lol

Something happened:

Do do do do Do do do do

States it was created 10/9 in the morning, but no longer exists at the main front. The Vanishing of Ze Raven!

Might want to check the date on that. Shows up as 9/9, not 10/9, for me. You replied to a month-old post, dude.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
4. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 14:50 Total-Khaos

There is no need for creative direction. They are now catering to a bunch of gamers who tap away on iPhones and iPads. The days of MMO's are numbered, they just saw the writing on the wall before wasting even more of their money.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Delay
4. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Delay Sep 22, 2014, 17:02 Total-Khaos

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 11:58:
Why is it written STEAM!!!!!!!!!!? :\ It's just, muthafuckin "Steam"...

Their trademark is registered as "STEAM" with the United States Patent & Trademark Office, so technically it is correct.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
6. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:06 Total-Khaos

Funny, pirated copies already have new cracks that remove the mentioned pixelation.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:56 Total-Khaos

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 14:13:
Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:23:
Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?

Yes, I did. See two posts below you.

Touché - I missed that!

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 13:23 Total-Khaos

Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?  

News Comments > CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak
15. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 8, 2014, 20:08 Total-Khaos

Blue Streak? More like Brown Streak...in my pants.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
5. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 22:12 Total-Khaos

LittleMe wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:26:
Does anyone have something to say in comments besides beating the game up? As in, saying something insightful and current about the game?

...um, pretty sure they still got bare virtual boobies, so that's a plus I guess.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
4. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 12:33 Total-Khaos

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 11:18:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:
"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

It's give and take. After it's all said and done, you can just unlike.

Absolutely - I just don't like companies doing shady things like this. Why not offer the beta key with no stipulations, and simply ask that users like their page instead afterwards? I'd be more inclined to do so than I would by making it a requirement. Meh.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
2. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 10:32 Total-Khaos

"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
12. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:31 Total-Khaos

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:19:
Ugh... when is the zombie craze going to end? When is the multiplayer survival pk fest going to end? You would think people would be sick of both by now.

Even if you are in the mood for a zombie game, you probably aren't going to enjoy asshats burning down your structures 24 hours a day, for no reason other than to spam WTFLOLBBQ or whatever in chat.

I agree...the dawn of the Rainbow Unicorn fad is nearly upon us! Take up arms gentlemen!

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
11. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:28 Total-Khaos

Oneprince wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:03:
Watching Smedley competently pop open the console and spawn a vehicle just about has me sold outright. Guess he did come from programming roots even if he is now the Prez.

Aww come on now, we all know Smedley was really the guy behind the green suit of armor back in the old EverQuest days. Aradune (Brad) was just Smedley's puppet that he liked to shove his arm into...he was the Jeff Dunham of gaming!

72 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo