Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sting Ray

Real Name Sting Ray   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname stingray
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 17, 2009, 08:17
Total Comments 41 (Suspect)
User ID 55268

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2010, 02:04 stingray

I read the whole article and I'm still trying to figure out what RTW did any different than all the other developers whose multimillion-dollar-products tanked when released to the public.

I think a good game starts off with a catchy name. Why did they call it All Points Bulletin? What's in a name you say? Everything, except the game needs to try hard to match the expectations. Is APB a name to give a game that cost 100 million dollars to develop?

Known and popular franchises have a hard time to make a decent return on investment so what are the odds for something as bland and uninspired as APB?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 19, 2010, 13:09 stingray

I hope the Gamespot reviewer Justin Calvert updated his resume before posting his review on K&L2 because the rating sucks a$$. The sequel is supposedly better than the original and still it only scores 6.5 out of 10.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
118. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2010, 03:07 stingray

I would also like to express my sincere condolences to you and your family.  

News Comments > Game Industry Bashing Du Jour
1. Re: Game Industry Bashing Du Jour Jul 21, 2010, 10:57 stingray

What else is new?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Midnight Openings
5. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Openings Jul 21, 2010, 00:41 stingray

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it. I'll be most likely sleeping dreaming of Kerrigan.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re:12% of UK 'can't see 3D' Jul 12, 2010, 20:04 stingray

That's quite a lot of people.

In other news, 75% of UK lack taste buds, which incidentally explains a lot.

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Domains
9. Re: Arkham Asylum Domains Jul 12, 2010, 19:51 stingray

holydomainnamebatman.com!!! whatscookingalfred.com??? howsmydriving-call1800yourbatsucks.com!!!

Wow, someone at the marketing department must have had an epiphany and spared no expense to make it happen!

News Comments > Star Trek Online Producer Beams Out
11. Re: Star Trek Online Producer Beams Out Jul 3, 2010, 03:38 stingray

Yeah, it makes perfect sense for the captain to leave the ship when everything's going just fine. Could it be that STO hit the proverbial (financial) iceberg?

Lifetime subscribers can only blame themselves.... I signed up for the beta, didn't get in, looked at some gameplay footage and saw that I would get bored of it real quickly and decided not to join. I suspect many drew that conclusion. Potential which is untapped remains only that, a lost opportunity.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2010, 01:43 stingray

Can't we all just get along?  

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
103. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 16, 2010, 13:29 stingray

Nothing worth doing is usually cheap. But I understand their strategy, they are trying to raise demand by creating a vacuum. I can wait, plenty of other fishes in the sea.  

101. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 16, 2010, 11:20 stingray

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 09:15:
Rockstar devs on Gamasutra were telling people recently that they have no free bodies to port this, sorry fellas. They usually break in newer teams by porting older products but all of their people are committed to other stuff for the next two years. I hope something shakes out and they look at it sooner because I doubt they would bother 2 years down the line.

If that's the explanation why they won't make a port, I must say, that's pretty lame. I mean all the assets are done, all you need is a crew of a few skilled Russian programmers that modify the existing code, it's not like R* don't know how to do this since they've done it before.

"No, sorry, no time, I'm completely booked, I've got to buy my kid a Maybach Merc on Saturday for his 16th birthday and teach my dog to play golf on Sunday. Sorry, I just can't do it. Just get a console, you cheap SOB, and get off my back."

While I'm all for keeping local jobs alive, with so many people without a job, I'm just startled by such an excuse. Just hire more people you cheap SOBs.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2010, 07:41 stingray

It's all a question of your definition of art.

Music is art, artwork is... art, motion pictures are art, (voice) acting is art, so a combination of these art forms, which video games are, qualifies most certainly as art. There is no argument there.

Now there are a few cruddy movies and video games out there and they may probably not fall within anyone's definition of art.

Much ado about nothing I say.

79. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 13, 2010, 07:57 stingray

Word is: "As of now, there are no current plans to purchase Red Dead Redemption for any console platform. If that should change, we will let you know." - PC Gamers

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2010, 08:04.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2010, 14:37 stingray

That sinkhole sure looks impressive.

I'm glad some people are still discovering Top Gear, it's a funny show.

News Comments > Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event
2. Re: Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event Apr 16, 2010, 12:18 stingray

Awesome!!! That'll be now over four years I haven't touched the game.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans
12. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 03:31 stingray

Those are not bug fixes, those are implementations to an unfinished product.

Imagine you just bought a car from Ubisoft and you get a letter in the mail about a Ubisoft recall telling you that you will be able to turn your steering wheel and open the car doors if you bring your vehicle to the workshop to have an important free upgrade.

SH3 was my last SH "game" from Ubisoft, period. Good luck with that DRM though.

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: 1 in 4 Kids Aged 8-12 on Facebook Despite Age Restrictions. Mar 30, 2010, 04:33 stingray

How About This Headline: 3 in 4 Statistics on Internet Usage are Completely Made Up, Despite Age Restrictions.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2010, 02:52 stingray

That's not a jetpack. Just like a dump truck is not a car.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 25, 2010, 07:54 stingray

PC Gamers in "no hurry" to play Alan Wake.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Spector asked to reinvent Mickey Oct 27, 2009, 02:45 stingray

Epic Mickey will feature a single type of ammunition. You can play as a male or female Mickey and the levels will be the size of a postage stamp. It's going to be totally awesome, cutting edge and all.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2009, 02:46.

41 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo