Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1093 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2010, 18:02 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 16:40:
Quake Resurrection.

Locks up FF...bang up job there.
Errrmm.. No it doesn't. It works fine. Fix your computer. I just played it for a few minutes. Pretty cool what can be done in a browser these days. Just as I remember it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
14. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 17:25 ForgedReality

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 17:12:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/913054/322#1025003

Go and leave your fanboism in that topic! Tali for ME3! Companion --> Romance --> Marriage, if you ask me!

Yay
Well, that's a rather random thread.

I hope they do unmask her in ME3, and all you freaks can go "!!!!OMFG!!!!!" when you see her extreme butterface, and wish they'd just left the mask on her.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
11. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 16:13 ForgedReality

i7 here, never seen this issue. Takes literally 2 seconds or less in the Normandy elevator. O.o  

News Comments > On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3
11. Re: On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3 Feb 6, 2010, 03:15 ForgedReality

Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 03:09:
You're dumb. <3
Probably.....defiantly.
Did you mean defiantly, or definitely?

Just seem like the story could continue, without Shepard. Maybe not, does it really have to be a Specter now, I mean since there are humans on the council and they can build these ships now, so couldn't a new PC with a different story take over?

I gathered they designed this universe to continue for many, many games and yes I did realize this story was a trilogy, it just never said (at least I saw) it was Shepard's trilogy.
Okay, fair enough. But really, can you see them thinking it would be a good idea to piss off a huge number of their audience who came to like Shepard? Can you imagine how many forums would be filled with "OMFG I AM NOT BUYING THIS GAME! IT SUXXXXXXXX!!111!1!1! BRING SHEPARD BACK YOU STUPID DOODIE HEADS!!!!1111"

News Comments > On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3
9. Re: On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3 Feb 6, 2010, 02:41 ForgedReality

Riker wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 01:11:
I was quite disappointed in ME2 by having some of my team members die, seemingly randomly. To hear that certain things could've been done in the game to prevent that is really annoying. It's another poor design choice, akin to punishing the player for guessing the wrong number between 1 and 10. Don't punish the player if they can't reasonably predict the consequences of their actions or inaction; that's as bad as forced failure and invisible walls.
How is it hard to reload your save from before the battle and do it until nobody dies? o.O

It's to be expected. Up until that point, you'd been redoing parts to get the best result anyway right? YOU HAVEN'T? Well no wonder....

Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 00:02:
I get the impression Bioware intended to kill off Shepard in ME2 but there was so much backlash about not being able to use saves from the previous ME games, they changed the story.
Why would they do that? It was ALWAYS planned to be a trilogy. Why would they have you come back for the third as a different character? You're dumb. <3

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 02:50.

News Comments > Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K
5. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 13:35 ForgedReality

It's a GAME!! You just blew huge amounts of REAL money on a FAKE item that may or may not even actually DO anything IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD. If you're that hurting to get rid of your millions, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there (such as myself) who could put it to much better use. Call it humanitarian aid. We're in a fucking recession here! Good lord.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2010, 13:26 ForgedReality

flechett3 wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 11:38:
They keep saying 'he' in the article about the 9 year old with the MS certs. The pictures are those of a girl.
I KNOW!! I came here to post about that. I'm like, "what the fuck? That is TOTALLY a girl! It has girl hair, girl face, girl earring..." What the hell? Either the article is wrong, the pictures are unrelated, or that kid is going to have the most fucked up identity crisis in history sometime soon. O.o

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 4, 2010, 02:09 ForgedReality

Lionhead To Reveal Game Changer at GDC.

I really don't trust Lionhead to create anything both innovative and lastingly fun... Peter's kind of the John Romero of weird games--in that he talks a lot, but never really delivers.

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound
4. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound Feb 4, 2010, 01:33 ForgedReality

haha. So it was in there... Found a list of the already-leaked DLC:
Zaeed (New squad member)
Umbra Visor
Terminus Armor
Sentry Interface
Recon Hood
Normandy Crash (New mission; explore the Normandy crash site; lets you gain an item for your captain's quarters)
Inferno Armor
Incisor Sniper Rifle
Collectors Weapon and Armor
Blood Dragon Armor

edit - There are tons of forums and stuff on the net talking about Dr. P codes you can use to get the ones listed in this news post. O.o Why didn't they just make it a free download? Now nobody even has to buy a Dr. P product since the codes are freely available for anyone who knows how to use google.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 01:42.

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound
2. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound Feb 4, 2010, 01:19 ForgedReality

Probably all the DLC that was already accidentally leaked from the EA content servers or whatever a couple weeks ago. There were ten of them, if I recall correctly.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Propaganda Poster Runners-up
10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Propaganda Poster Runners-up Feb 3, 2010, 15:06 ForgedReality

necrosis wrote on Feb 2, 2010, 21:46:
So tempted to take some of those to work and running them off on our 46" wide printer.
72dpi 1024x768 would absolutely look like SHIT. Unless you like taking a magnifying glass to the pixels on your screen, and then rubbing chicken grease all over it to make it blurry...

Elessar wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 10:15:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 2, 2010, 20:54:
Some REALLY SHITTY ones here. Obviously Valve felt sorry for someone... >_>
This is what you take away from looking at that page? And we wonder why there's so much animosity here at blues (or at least I do). It's negativity like this.

I thought there were some really neat and clever entries there.
Yeah, there were some really awesome ones. But fully half of them didn't deserve mention. It makes me wonder why so many people actually put effort into theirs since, clearly, Valve wasn't concerned with the quality of the work. The winning ones were good, but there were better ones amongst the entries that didn't make it into the runners-up.

And at least one of the runners-up utilized work stolen from other artists. Way to set a standard of ethics.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 15:08.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Launch Trailer
2. Re: BioShock 2 Launch Trailer Feb 3, 2010, 15:03 ForgedReality

I never understood why the first one received such acclaim. Highly overrated, imo.  

News Comments > Direct2Drive Top 10
3. Re: Direct2Drive Top 10 Feb 3, 2010, 14:55 ForgedReality

I'll admit, I know next to nothing about STO, as I haven't been interested enough to look into it. The trailers are enough to tell me this game is "bleh." But isn't this a pay-to-play?  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Free with Metro 2033 Preorders
10. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Free with Metro 2033 Preorders Feb 2, 2010, 21:02 ForgedReality

Bumpy wrote on Feb 2, 2010, 15:58:
Yup, just ordered Stalker:CoP an hour ago. Hope to play on weekend.
Mmmm. Delicious Starforce. I hope it even lets you play at all.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Propaganda Poster Runners-up
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Propaganda Poster Runners-up Feb 2, 2010, 20:54 ForgedReality

Some REALLY SHITTY ones here. Obviously Valve felt sorry for someone... >_>  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage?
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage? Feb 1, 2010, 20:09 ForgedReality

Tomas wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 20:00:
There's a different version without the stupid music though the quality isn't any better in that one either. Frankly I'm unimpressed, but who knows, it could be a decent game if it ever did come out.

Yeah right. Name one game that Broussard and Friends ever did that could be labeled "decent." And after this amount of time? Pfft. Glad it will never see the light of day.

News Comments > Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone
23. Re: Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone Feb 1, 2010, 13:02 ForgedReality

Linksil wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 11:03:
If there's a sniper rifle in the game... there needs to be prone. I don't even like sniping much, but I see were this is coming from. Who would stay exposed when they can lay down to take objectives? Now I havn't played the game yet, but hearing no prone leans me towards the whole not buy side of the camps.
This is like saying Team Fortress 2 needs prone. Not thanks, pal.

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
1. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 31, 2010, 22:23 ForgedReality

Battlefield? What the fuck is that? O.o  

News Comments > PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released
24. Re: PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released Jan 31, 2010, 11:13 ForgedReality

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 31, 2010, 05:32:
Fion wrote on Jan 30, 2010, 17:35:
It's yet another symptom of publishers trying to consolize the PC. They should fucking know it will never work.

No worries, you swallowed Steam like stupid sheep, you will also make it happen that PCs are getting consolized.
Steam has exactly nothing to do with consolization, with the exception of a friends list. The object of Steam was to get a working model for DLC and content distribution. I don't see how Steam goes against your lofty goal of keeping console business away from PCs.

Honestly, if Steam helps keep games cheaper, then let them use that form of DLC, since they're going to work in anti-piracy measures one way or another, and Steam is certainly preferable to Securom. And you can't expect them to just charge less for games (which would greatly reduce their piracy problem, imho), because they're worried about their goddamn bottom line, and after wasting $150 million on marketing the damn thing, the suits feel they HAVE to charge $60 a copy. If we got rid of publishers, we'd have no more piracy. (I know, it's not quite that simple. Lighten up.)

But back on topic: I'm finding it hard to get back into Dragon Age. I played for a while, but I'm not really an RPG gamer. DA impressed, though, so I played for several hours, and got quite a ways into the game, but it's just very frustrating to play. I don't know if I'm moving too quickly or just not leveling fast enough, but holy shit, it's really annoying to have to start a mission over again because all my guys got fucking wiped out. And YES, I retreat and try to pick off guys at choke points. It's still hard as fuck.

Tried to do Morrigan's mission, where you kill her mother, but no matter what I do, it's impossible (even from a distance). So I was going to go back later once I'd gained a few levels, but I ended up just getting impatient and using a fucking trainer (or was it a console command? I forget...) to give my main character permanent god mode. Since then, it's hard to justify getting into that game again, especially when there's ME2 now. And I still play TF2.

If a game is that frustrating that you have to resort to god mode, it's just too annoying to bother with. This long after the release of the game to finally come out with the DLC is going to hurt their sales, I think. People like me who have stopped playing aren't going to bother with a wimpy DLC like this. DA just doesn't seem to have the longevity for me that I originally thought it might.

tl;dr: READ IT! STOP BEING LAZY. Or don't. I don't care.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix Jan 30, 2010, 13:20 ForgedReality

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 30, 2010, 11:01:
Oh and ForgedReality:
There are several comparisons between Nvidia and ATI cards that show that they are pretty similar in AA quality but Nvidias AF is much better, if configured properly.
Google is your friend.
I don't even need Google. I have both a GeForce 9600GT and a 4870x2 in this machine. I've done my own comparisons. Nvidia's AA is crap compared to ATI. You have to practically double the AA factor on nV to come close to ATI. 2x and 4x are almost unnoticeable, but on ATI, 4x is a beautiful sweet spot, and it does it with minimal effect on framerate.

Jerykk wrote on Jan 30, 2010, 04:32:
I hope this makes the game run better on a 4870x2. Right now the game actually runs worse when I have Crossfire enabled.

Edit: Bah, these drivers are useless. I still have to rename the exe to UT3 and I still get worse performance with Crossfire than without.
Sounds like a bad driver install. It's always ran awesome for me, and I play at 2048x1280 with max details. I didn't even notice a framerate decrease when I forced it to 4xAA through CCC (I normally leave it on application-specified, but ME2 doesn't have the option in the graphics settings). I never had to rename anything, and it's smooth as silk always.

Maybe you should do a complete uninstall of your drivers (possibly also using Driver Sweeper), and then reinstall. Not sure why it wouldn't be working with Crossfire unless you disabled Catalyst AI. I have mine set to "Advanced" mode, if that helps you, but I don't recall it making a difference for me on this game whether it was normal or advanced.

As I understand it, Normal alternates frame rendering between the GPUs, and Advanced draws half the screen at the same time with each GPU (or is it the other way around..?), so it's possible one would work better than the other for certain games.

1093 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo