Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 & More Steam Patches
3. Re: I have no friends Feb 23, 2010, 18:44 ForgedReality

Sir Graves wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 18:32:
OK, now they just need to patch Steam again, cuz they done gone and broked the Friends list today.
Friends goes down from time to time. It's working fine for me right now. Usually, if it goes down, it's due to back-end updates and such, and doesn't usually impact the friends service for long.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 23, 2010, 15:38 ForgedReality

Not a huge RTS fan. I basically lost interest after WarCraft 2. :\ I've played RTS games since, but they all feel exactly the same to me, and they get frustrating when your enemies overrun you, and you have to keep sending out attack orders, but your guys keep dying faster than you can produce them. Too much micro-management for me, I guess. Is this game any different?

Also, from the title, I expected "high-res" to actually mean high res. 1280x800 is hardly high resolution these days. It's not even half of my desktop resolution.

News Comments > John Carmack Earns GDC Lifetime Achievement Award
26. Re: John Carmack Earns GDC Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 23, 2010, 02:32 ForgedReality

Well, at least it wasn't John Romero....  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 18:59 ForgedReality

Icewind wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 18:56:
Yeah, I remember the thread in the official forums where that was discovered. They never did say sorry to the guy. He was pretty cool about it, considering the uninstall also removed his saved games without prompting him.
I'm sure they sent him out a "care package." If they didn't, well, I guess I've gotten spoiled by devs like Valve who actually seem to care about their demographic. Okay, let's not kid ourselves. The suits never know what goes on in their customer base, let alone their games. >:\

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 18:09 ForgedReality

I am on my second playthrough. The first time, I played on normal difficulty level, and maxed the paragon, and got maybe 1/4 renegade.

This time, I'm aiming to fill my renegade meter. I wanna see how fucked up I can get Shepard's face to look. Also, playing on insanity, the highest difficulty. Holy crap. This really upstages the combat, lemme tell you. Far more challenging, and, I think, a lot more fun in the end. The combat on normal is just kind of blah, and I almost never died. Totally the opposite on Insane. I recommend you guys try it out.

I'm going for the achievement you get when you play through at the highest difficulty without lowering it.

Warskull wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 17:52:
Vehicle control is probably referring to the spaceship during the star navigation portions of the game.
I was thinking this as well.

News Comments >
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 21, 2010, 18:54 ForgedReality

You know, in my day, double posting was grounds for dismissal.

also,
Game industry elite gathered at the Dice Summit (photo gallery).
Look at all these old fucks. No wonder the gaming industry is falling apart. (Or at least nothing that it used to be...) None of these gray-haired suits understand what it takes to make a good game, nor do they play them themselves. I think it's time we shook the industry up, and got some of their demographic into the official positions. We need less EAs and Activisions, and more Sierras and Accolades. ...or something. I'm sure there's a deep, meaningful rant in there somewhere. :\

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2010, 19:00.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC Reveal at GDC?
14. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Reveal at GDC? Feb 21, 2010, 15:16 ForgedReality

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Feb 21, 2010, 07:54:
Alright, interesting to hear. I never took him with me on missions because I doubted he would be that talkative due to the fact the interaction with him on the ship is so minimal.

Noted for my next playthrough!

Also, you know how when you talk to Joker after missions, and you can ask him about the crew, and he refers to "the ones you went out with last?" He has something to say about Zaeed, so how can that DLC not have been planned into the game, and then only given to those who bought the game new?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2010, 15:40 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 15:18:
Or more succinctly, TJ said it best...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is itís natural manure.
I love how he says "It is it is natural manure."

Pshaw. Well-spoken, indeed.

News Comments > Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com
15. Re: Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com Feb 16, 2010, 15:56 ForgedReality

I still have i76 in the box, in pristine condition. Right next to it on the shelf is an equally pristine i82, because I was enough of a sucker back then to buy the thing on release day. :\ I LOVED i76, although my machine at the time (386?) could hardly run it without hiccups, and it failed to run on XP.

i82 was okay, but not nearly as legendary, and it felt rushed, unfinished, and full of bugs.

I swear, the black dude with the fro in the game was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson, working under a pseudonym. It HAS to be him. Sounds exactly like him, and he even says a couple of trademarked lines in i76. Anybody know for sure? The credits at the end, I remember listing some other name, which is why I think it's an assumed name.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. Re: Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2010, 17:07 ForgedReality

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 15:05:
A teen didn't report the crime. Supposedly a Canadian adult did.
Did you read the article? O.o

- The teen said he planned to shoot a pregnant girl and best friend in the face while on Xbox Live with the Canadian teen that informed the authorities.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 14, 2010, 21:01 ForgedReality

I already know Alan Wake is gunna be a piece of fucking shit. That's ALWAYS the end result when a game gets this much sudden manufactured PR. I'm glad they can't sucker ignorant moms into buying it for their PC-gaming kids. They don't deserve that extra revenue.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patched
21. Re: BioShock 2 Patched Feb 13, 2010, 00:16 ForgedReality

Alamar wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 21:34:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 21:25:
I don't care if it's a PC port. There are no square tv's being made anymore either. Honestly...

If by square, you mean 4:3, yes, they're still widely used... I've never heard of a square aspect ratio on a monitor tho... I assumed you meant monitor, not tv...

Anyhoo... I run it at 1920 x 1200, and the little bit trimmed off the edge doesn't bother me, and if I get it wide screen patched, I'll likely find the new view annoying heh : )

-Alamar
Yes, I mean 4:3. That is referred to as "square aspect," even though it's technically not QUITE square. Pixels are rectangular though, so a 4:3 ratio is pretty close to square dimensionally.

Several years ago, before everything was "high definition," all monitors (tv's as well as computer monitors) were "square." Now, they're a dying breed, and I feel sorry for anyone who has to use them now. They're so antique, it just feels weird viewing anything on them.

Even my 24" CRT monitor is widescreen. (It's 16:10 which I prefer to 16:9. To me, 16:9 feels a bit too narrow horizontally for games.) Anyway, With everything being in widescreen these days, it's a little alarming to see a game coming out that doesn't support it, or that isn't specifically coded for it.

Glad I passed this one up. The first Bioshock didn't impress me at all, and this one is doing a really good job at reassuring me that the sequel isn't all that great either. Have yet to hear anybody rave about it, and all the bugs make it seem like an unfinished tech demo.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patched
7. Re: BioShock 2 Patched Feb 12, 2010, 21:25 ForgedReality

What the shit?! It needs a widescreen monitor patch? WHO THE FUCKING HELL USES SQUARE ASPECT MONITORS THESE DAYS?! Good lord! You'd think something like that would be impossible to miss in a gaming studio. You're telling me they don't use widescreen monitors at 2K?

I don't care if it's a PC port. There are no square tv's being made anymore either. Honestly...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2010, 11:33 ForgedReality

strich wrote on Feb 10, 2010, 11:16:
pictures please
*pics or it didn't happen?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2010, 11:10 ForgedReality

Wow. That's so sad.

He seemed like a really cool guy and didn't afraid of anything. :((

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2010, 11:07 ForgedReality

Nintendo said the loss was caused when Burt made New Super Mario Bros for the Wii gaming console available for illegal download a week ahead of its official Australian release in November last year.
Oh, please, Nintendo! You did not lose $1.5mil in sales due to this shitty game being pirated. Do they really think $1.5mil worth of copies were downloaded? And how about the people who bought it after checking it out? It probably helped their bottom line a bit in the long run.

In fact, I'm amazed the game has hit $10.5 million.

News Comments > Catalyst Hotfix
8. Re: Catalyst Hotfix Feb 6, 2010, 23:51 ForgedReality

I love all these willfully clueless nvidia fanboys. Go learn your shit before you talk shit.

Nvidia is getting out of the mid- to high-end desktop sector to focus almost entirely on mobile devices such as the Zune HD. ATI has won the PC market, and there's no slowing them down, it seems. They have the most powerful graphics cards, the best image quality, and the best driver support. I love how the tides have turned.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2010, 18:02 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 16:40:
Quake Resurrection.

Locks up FF...bang up job there.
Errrmm.. No it doesn't. It works fine. Fix your computer. I just played it for a few minutes. Pretty cool what can be done in a browser these days. Just as I remember it.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
14. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 17:25 ForgedReality

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 17:12:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/913054/322#1025003

Go and leave your fanboism in that topic! Tali for ME3! Companion --> Romance --> Marriage, if you ask me!

Yay
Well, that's a rather random thread.

I hope they do unmask her in ME3, and all you freaks can go "!!!!OMFG!!!!!" when you see her extreme butterface, and wish they'd just left the mask on her.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
11. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 16:13 ForgedReality

i7 here, never seen this issue. Takes literally 2 seconds or less in the Normandy elevator. O.o  

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo