Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1200 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures
8. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 27, 2010, 02:18 ForgedReality

Jesus christ! How many people does it take to make a game these days? You'd think their well would have dried up long ago.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Banner Contest
5. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Banner Contest Apr 25, 2010, 20:15 ForgedReality

Now, the next time my truck's rear drive axle starts making odd noises, I'm going to visualize tiny ships battling inside it.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Banner Contest
3. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Banner Contest Apr 25, 2010, 18:24 ForgedReality

What is a "banner add?"  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2010, 16:13 ForgedReality

The rain campaign from L4D2 is really, really well done. The rain comes down so hard, it gets hard to see, and it's all, like, misty everywhere, and as you progress through the campaign, it gets wetter and wetter. By the end, the whole place is flooded, and the rain just keeps coming down. It "feels" really cold and unwelcoming.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 25, 2010, 15:58 ForgedReality

Maybe they meant Media Access Control. >_>  

News Comments > Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near
9. Re: Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near Apr 24, 2010, 21:39 ForgedReality

You could have a lot of players in SA:MP, but imagine the amount of players that could be running around in this huge world, if it got to be that stable and working well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2010, 20:38 ForgedReality

Car goes where you're looking? This is the most idiotic and retarded idea I've ever heard of. Jesus christ. Seriously?
"Hey, wanna go over to that Jack in the Box?"
"FUUUCK!! WHY ARE YOU SWERVING INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC TOWARD THAT BUS STOP FULL OF PEOPLE?!"

Stupid. How did this even get past the guy thinking it was a good idea, let alone the prototyping stage?

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures
13. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 15:42 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 14:55:
How much money are we talking about? "Money can't buy loyalty" is a great saying, but I have one for you:

"Everyone has their price"
Yeah, but apparently, "Activision can't afford it."

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
90. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 20:43 ForgedReality

Haha! I love it. It's been proven that Skidrow merely STOLE the existing server emulator and the values database (an old version no less), changed a couple of things to call it "their crack," then tried to HIDE it by compressing and xoring their work to try to make it harder for others to discover their deception. That's as deceitful as Ubisoft themselves.

In short, it's true: Assassin's Creed 2 remains UNCRACKED. BUT, it doesn't need to be cracked, as the server emulator reportedly works perfectly. So, hey, good job Ubi for creating a DRM that requires information from the server, but you were short-sighted and underestimating the will of the hacking community. Good luck next time. It's amazing what people can accomplish when they put their minds to it.

This DRM would likely have been more effective had it not required an always-on internet connection. That pissed a lot of people off. If you're going to require that sort of thing, at least let it be a multiplayer game.

65. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 17:49 ForgedReality

ASeven wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 17:41:
To those saying the crack doesn't work, sorry it seems you're wrong. All pirate sites google can find show that everybody is playing the game quite well. Some have reached memory 11 already without a hitch. The release is also not nuked.

Ubisoft lost here in all fronts, from what I can read in those sites this crack is quite perfect.
People were saying it's nuked some places and not others. Probably because the issue with the crack affects the ability to save game settings, rather than affecting the game itself.

That's just what I've read anyway.

At any rate, fuck you ubisoft. I hope you've learned something from all of this. Of course, knowing you, what you learn won't be what you're supposed to learn...

55. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 14:58 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 14:10:
Heh look at me guys, I called people nerds on the internet Your flame attempts are embarrassingly bad, spend some time at FYAD on SA and learn up son.
You're not my dad, and why so serious? If it was a flame attempt, you'd know it. The joke was in the content of conversation and how we're all taking part. Sorry for over-complicating it for you.

Ask on a piracy website.
I was hoping you'd have some good recommendations, since you're obviously one of the bigger pirates here...

On topic: Has anybody actually played this game yet? Is it worth the $60 or whatever the fuck it's selling for right now (disregarding the DRM issues)? Figured I'd wait and see, in case it's just more of the same from the first one. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing, but one of AC1's flaws was repetition and lack of variety. --edit-- Nevermind. Guess that partially answers my question...

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer
17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer Apr 22, 2010, 14:48 ForgedReality

I know what they are. And I didn't know jpeg metadata supported them is all. Stripping the exif from that file removes 75kB, which is quite a lot. O.o  

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer Apr 22, 2010, 14:26 ForgedReality

It's interesting that if you save the jpg, and load it in Photoshop, it has vertical rulers saved in the file. One in the middle and one on each side. I didn't know Photoshop stored that kind of info in simple jpegs, let alone that it could be saved to one.  

13. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer Apr 22, 2010, 14:14 ForgedReality

Okay, that poster is just fucking retarded. They did that with some of the PR stuff for the first game as well.

I recognize the value of saving time, but when did it become the standard to just take a screenshot from the game, blow it way the fuck up so it becomes blurry, and then brush over it with some shitty, ugly Photoshop brushes to make the whole poster look "painted," or "sylized" before scaling back down (if necessary, to hide the fact that they just brushed on a screenshot) for print?

Seems pretty lazy to me. But what saves an hour shaves a buck right?

42. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 14:06 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 13:56:
Perhaps you should do some reading yourself, it was Starforce, not SecuRom.
OOH! NERDBURN!!

Anyway, how long before Skidrow puts out a crack fix to fix the fact that their crack is broken partially? It seems like the pirate groups support their products better than the game devs. What a concept!

23. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 11:10 ForgedReality

I read this somewhere:
Skidrow crack is Nuked for save settings issue, game simply doesnt save any settings u change like Brightness ,control sensitivity , it only saves resolution .. i mean seriously WTF ? ::D
dormine Emulator remains the PROPER one till now !

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
33. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 16:43 ForgedReality

zirik wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 16:14:
you described gears of war!
Along with both Bioshocks, the last several Splinter Cells, etc.. There are some that I'm forgetting.

News Comments > New ATI Preview Drivers
4. Re: New ATI Preview Drivers Apr 21, 2010, 15:58 ForgedReality

Drezden wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 15:32:
Don't have a problem with .net

However, this driver much like the 10.3 drivers still gives me a screen flickering problem in BC2 when looking in certain directions.

Guess I'll still be sticking with 10.2 where it doesn't happen. Great.
Got two gpu's? Sounds like a powerplay issue or something. I think I'm still using 10.1. Haven't updated in a while...

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
29. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 15:28 ForgedReality

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 13:19:
Yeah cause Borderlands looks exactly like every other Unreal Engine game out there... Dammit developers QUIT MAKING THE SAME GAME!
"Hey, look! We added a stroke shader to our game. :D" Other than that, it's still the same game.

And it's rather average.

News Comments > Blizzard Wields Banhammer
8. Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Apr 21, 2010, 15:22 ForgedReality

NERDFIGHT!!!  

1200 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo