Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1200 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
33. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 14:37 ForgedReality

Guys, what about this?

Gigabyte G1 SOC

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
8. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 10:19 ForgedReality

Thinking of getting in on the 980. That will be a pretty impressive upgrade from my aging 3gb 580, which was $700 at the time it came out, and it's like double the power draw.

But the 28nm... I dunno. Should I buy now so I can play GTA5, or wait until the 20nm variants come through? OR buy now, then sell when the new ones arrive...?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:17 ForgedReality

Freeway Fury 3... This game is kinda fun.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 10:49 ForgedReality

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:36:
The biggest comparison of sci-fi spaceships ever is complete at last.

Be an awesome poster on my boy's wall....

If only it wasn't all pixelated. Blow that up and it will look like dookie. Not sure how he could have done that without having vectorized text either. Why would you rasterize it in the first place?

Also, I'm pretty sure earlier versions had Babylon 5 but I don't see it here now. Am I crazy? :\

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 12:53 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 12:42:
ForgedReality wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 12:31:
Slick wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 12:10:
*also, inverted Y for life! (so furious to games that just omit the feature, ie. controlling drones or some shit, it's Y normal, and there's no option to change it, it's like pretending that %10 of gamers just don't exist.)

That's so goddamned insane. There must be a name for this mental illness from which some people suffer. Seriously, why not just switch X as well? If you're gonna "push" in a direction, why not at least be consistent with it?

2 reasons:

#1: logic

when i look up i tilt my head back, i don't "push my eyes up". similarly i tilt my head forward when i look down, i'm not "pushing my eyes down"

#2 superior muscle mechanics

in most FPS games, bursting with an automatic weapon kicks the barrel up, thereby needing downward compensation to keep the gun level.

if you are compensating by pushing the mouse up, you're extending your fingers away from the base plant of the bottom of your palm, where you have less fine control over mouse movements, because your grip is now with extended fingers. worst case you need to move the base of your palm up slightly on the mousepad to achieve this, again losing control.

conversely, by pulling the mouse toward your palm is a more natural movement, you do not have to lift your palm base, and your fingers are not over extended. mechanically i'd argue that this system provides better concrete control. weather you're better or worse with it is a totally different matter, i'm just talking logistically, as if it were a robot hand.

also worth keeping in mind that most FPS games have you needing to look up in-game more often than down. you're rarely having to look at your feet, or down the side of a cliff, at least compared to how often you have to look up above a crate, ladder, catwalk, building etc.

Wait you make it sound like you look up by pushing the mouse up. I thought the reverse was true with inverted Y, whereby you push up on the end of a balance beam where the fulcrum makes the other end go down, or as if you're up against a wall, pushing up in order to move yourself down. Does one of us have it backward? I push down to look down, as in your example of compensating for gun recoil. Did I read all that totally wrong?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 12:31 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 12:10:
*also, inverted Y for life! (so furious to games that just omit the feature, ie. controlling drones or some shit, it's Y normal, and there's no option to change it, it's like pretending that %10 of gamers just don't exist.)

That's so goddamned insane. There must be a name for this mental illness from which some people suffer. Seriously, why not just switch X as well? If you're gonna "push" in a direction, why not at least be consistent with it?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 12:24 ForgedReality

descender wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 10:41:
EDIT:
its just easier to aim when you arent already pressing down on the mouse

Agree with this totally, if I have to hold down an iron sights button, I can't have that on the mouse...

Not sure why you guys don't just use a thumbball like the Logitech M570... Best "mouse" ever created. It doesn't move around on the desk so you don't worry about running out of surface area, and the stupid jittery move-stop-move of pickup-and-drag isn't an issue either. Right clicking doesn't affect aim since the mouse is stationary, and moving it won't move your aim anyway.

I'm WAY more accurate with this thing than any mouse. It's RF wireless (zero lag) and the battery lasts for at least 6 months of near-continual use.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
12. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 11:57 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:34:
gilly775 wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:31:
and die-hard Sidewinder fans may be offended to hear them refer to this as "the best PC controller Microsoft has ever produced."

Which Sidewinder controller? there were many different models.

That would be the Sidewinder FFB2 Pro. (With the USB dongle)

I have the Force Feedback 2, and there is no need for a dongle. It already has a USB cable. There were earlier versions of the stick that had fans inside to keep the motors cool, but it was noisy. Later versions removed the fans and it doesn't feel like it's getting warm. It runs fine with Windows 7.

I also have the Sidewinder force feedback wheel and pedals, so I can play flight sim or driving games.

I'm not sure what your earlier comment was about. It seemed like you were looking for a successor because the existing one doesn't work with Windows 7 or something, but I've had no issues with it. The problem is games that even support such controllers anymore. If they don't support DirectInput, then they were probably just rushed out the door pieces of shit that I wouldn't want to play anyway. XD

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 13:25 ForgedReality

PropheT wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 13:02:
I'd argue that the clear winner is the person who doesn't limit themselves to one system. I'm not sure I've ever understood liking a platform more than the games on it, or limiting your choices based on platform loyalty when there's no way there isn't something (or a lot of somethings) to enjoy on a console even if you're a PC die-hard.

Mouse+KB wins every time. Those clunky, archaic controllers are the antithesis of intuitive.

Plus I like being able to play at higher resolutions and with better graphics.

And the games are cheaper.

Oh and mods.

Plus my PC does a whole lot more than play games.

And it's easy to keep my system up-to-date; I don't have to buy a new console every couple years, plus I can keep playing the same games decades later, on the same machine that I play new, modern games.

Etc.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
48. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 13:00 ForgedReality

DanteUK wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:22:
Remember MS doesn't 'invent' and is not famous for their home grown great products, it's power comes from money to buy up other companies that do have great ideas and do make great products.
Virtual every product MS has was bought and then re-branded.
The Windows OS is made largely from clever ideas bought or stolen from other developers and poorly cobbled together to make the ugly bloated mess we have today.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Apple.

And of course, this game is now ruined. Time to save the current version and figure out a way to keep it from auto-updating so my Minecraft server doesn't become a wreck.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
36. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 16:57 ForgedReality

Now if they could only make some ships that didn't look like fucking cheese wedges... Star Citizen has a lot cooler ship designs with a lot more detail in them. I don't like Star Citizen's notchy joystick movement in the cockpit though. What's that all about?

I feel like this game might fall short of a lot of people's expectations. They're going to have a fairly detailed environment near the spawn area, but further out, once they get into randomly generated content, it will be sparse of creativity and feel repetitive. Who even knows if they'll get around to atmospheric stuff or any kind of interesting stuff to do... :\

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 13:12 ForgedReality

Jelly Truck was just featured two days ago, Blue. Come on! Where's the inspiration?  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
53. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:56 ForgedReality

The end is nigh.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2014, 18:52 ForgedReality

Julio wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 17:50:
Reddit waited until all of the fapping was over...

Honestly, I don't see what the big fucking deal was. Most of it wasn't even fappable. Meh.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2014, 18:31 ForgedReality

This guy's nothing but a lot of hot air. I remember back before Quake came out, he was talking about how it would be this huge, amazing thing, where you'd be a guy with an axe, and you could tumble and roll, and it would be in this huge open world with life all around you, and you could craft things and whatnot.

Basically, it was all this insane hype and everyone got all stirred up about it, and really, what ended up coming to us was a glorified tech demo. It wasn't a bad game, but it was missing almost everything that Romero pumped us up for it to be.

He needs to keep his overly ambitious mouth shut, because nobody's listening anymore.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 16:00 ForgedReality

Aero wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 14:26:
Agreed. It's defeinitely a thing--its own thing. Maybe a thing without a name (I suppose "eSports" is good enough), but it's not a sport as in something you'd watch on ESPN.

They have pool on ESPN. Does that make pool a sport just because it's on some motherfucking television network?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 12:59 ForgedReality

I'm so sick and tired of zombie culture. It's fucking everywhere. Zombie this, zombie that. Movies, games, TV shows... What the fuck happened to originality and creativity? Shit gets old.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2014, 17:29 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 23:18:
Come on GTA 5 get here already!

Yeah. I can't wait to play it on the best platform.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2014, 12:06 ForgedReality

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:12:
Whoever invented that stupid word phablet needs to be thrown into a sarlac pit, hoisted out with a crane and thrown into it again.

We should come up with a new term. Minitablet? Megaphone? Wait, what's the difference between a "slab" and a "phablet?"

edit - Oh nevermind. Slabs were those old phones from the early 2000s...

Slate? I dunno what else to call it besides the p-word, which I also despise.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2014, 11:02 ForgedReality

Disagree in every conceivable way.

Can't play DOTA2 on a phablet.

1200 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo