Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1506 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
1. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 11:37 ForgedReality

So, HL3 features a minigame where you're driving Dr. Kleiner around in a limousine, CONFIRMED.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 19, 2015, 17:40 ForgedReality

Flatline wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:55:
Aero wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:39:
That's a really unfortunate name.

Yes, I totally read that as dildo too.

WHAAAAATT?! Why would your brain even go there? I read it as OldOld.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2015, 11:41 ForgedReality

Thank fucking god. First good move I've heard about from Apple.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
37. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:38 ForgedReality

Quboid wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:07:
Is it out?

It unlocks tomorrow, as far as I know. Preloads have already begun. My Collector's Edition shipped today and arrives Friday. Suffice it to say, I'm "working from home" that day.

31. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:21 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:17:
ForgedReality wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:53:
CDPR has already admitted that they had to gimp the graphics significantly to accommodate console trash. Thanks, AMD, for ruining gaming for everyone.

If they did they most certainly did not have to. So it's most certainly not AMD's fault. If anyone it's probably Obama. Thanks Obama!
Wry

Yeah, they wouldn't have had to if the consoles sported nVidia hardware. But then, the consoles would cost $100 more and we all know how hard it is to get mommy to spend $400 on us as it is...

18. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:53 ForgedReality

CDPR has already admitted that they had to gimp the graphics significantly to accommodate console trash. Thanks, AMD, for ruining gaming for everyone.  

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
29. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 12:29 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on May 17, 2015, 11:54:
HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2015, 10:34:
CD Projekt RED is giving back a little of that great cred they built up recently.

No one should be surprised that a game built for 3 platforms has serious compromises. Blame Sony and Microsoft for cheaping-out on hardware, which in retrospect feels like collusion between MS and the Big S to keep specs low.

Everyone assumed the new consoles would be far more powerful. Like someone said here on this website, not rendering at 1080p for all titles simply wasn't a conversation anyone thought was possible when discussing the new console generation.

That's a mistake on CDPR's part and one they're not likely to make again, but at least an understandable one.

You can all thank AMD for that. AMD hardware is fucking garbage. But they marketed it well enough to Microsoft and Sony, with enough of a discount over nVidia that they bought the marketing and stuffed that trash in their consoles. And now we all fucking suffer for it. Good going, PR. You're literally holding back progress. The last console gen was actually a huge step up from the one before it, but now that AMD is involved, it's barely an improvement, let alone a generational leap.

I don't know if I should blame AMD for not being able to compete or nVidia for spoiling us with actual innovative hardware. I tend to think that progress is the better path to take though, rather than cutting corners constantly the way AMD does. I wish some rich investor would step up and inject tons of funding into AMD so that we don't have to keep being tied down to this utter trash we keep having to deal with from them.

I guarantee it's going to be the same fucking bullshit with their 300 series of GPUs too. All the fanboys are trumpeting it as the thing that will finally bring down nVidia. No. 3d memory isn't going to do jack shit. They'll still be number 2, and their idiot fanboys will still defend them, despite the fact that the majority of the series will merely be rebrands, and the one that has the new stacked memory will cost far more than it's worth. When will people wake up and stop buying their shit just because it's cheaper? Force them to actually make advancements instead of holding the entire fucking industry back. >:\

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
51. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 16, 2015, 11:04 ForgedReality

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 16, 2015, 09:54:
ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2015, 06:11:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:30:
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:59:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

You mean GOG? I broke down and picked it up, even though I very rarely pre-order games. $43.80 was a decent price for it. It's a GOG key rather than Steam though.

Possibly GOG, but GOG is owned by CD Projekt. Unless this changed and I was unaware.

It is. Guess offers like this one are a way to direct people toward using their service instead of Steam.

GOG = Good Old Games.
GMG = Green Man Gaming.

GMG is the one that had the deal.

I bought the $150 collector's edition though because I want that fucking art book and statue of Geralt.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 15, 2015, 12:25 ForgedReality

Wait, what? Who the fuck would want to steal an Apple Watch? >_< XD XD XD I'm kind of surprised anyone is buying them...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews May 13, 2015, 15:46 ForgedReality

So I finally managed to order the Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3. I don't care if all these paid reviews are way off base and the game ends up sucking. I just want that fucking statue of Geralt. XD

This comment was edited on May 13, 2015, 18:54.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 12, 2015, 21:29 ForgedReality

Raccoons*  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
24. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:19 ForgedReality

Fuck! I missed the bullshit. Bigcry  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse May 9, 2015, 11:47 ForgedReality

killer_roach wrote on May 9, 2015, 11:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 9, 2015, 10:52:
killer_roach wrote on May 9, 2015, 10:48:
Ultimately, both the people AND the businesses matter. Without the former, the city withers - without the latter it either hollows out or becomes an irrational plaything for those too wealthy to have concerns with money.

True. Seattle is a meca to now, I'm sure prices were already high, they are going higher, it's going to be an LA/NY/Chi/SF if it isn't already.

I've been doing some research out there (actually have been looking into jobs with Amazon's corporate headquarters), and from what I've seen of apartments there they're probably pretty close to Chicago territory for cost, although not to the level of NYC, DC, or SF. (LA is just too all over the place to make a good determination on, although the places people want to live tend to cost pretty similarly to DC.)

650sq ft studio for $2300/mo isn't enough for you?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2015, 14:08 ForgedReality

HBM isn't going to be the godsend that AMD fanboys are thinking it will be. It won't bring nearly the level of performance improvement that people are assuming it will. nVidia already has an answer lying in wait, and it will probably cost the same and consume less wattage. Memory performance accounts for only a small piece of the efficiency and overall performance. The cost disparity HBM will bring versus the negligible performance increase it provies, I think, will be a disappointing surprise for some. They're either going to have to cut costs somewhere else, or face a situation where their card costs far more than it's worth. It'll cost as much as a 980ti but with lesser performance.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2015, 11:07 ForgedReality

Awww yeah... Can't wait even more for the 980ti now.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 6, 2015, 21:57 ForgedReality

Wow. There's that many hopeless, fat neckbeards in the world?  

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
57. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 17:58 ForgedReality

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:44:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:07:
Valve's solution already looks 10,000 times better.

nobody has seen what cv1 is going to look like or what input mechanism and sensors it will ship with.

Also, nobody is going to be using a mouse and keyboard for vr gaming, nor has anyone suggested that this is going to be a thing. "Hardcore" pc gamers who can't wrap their head around the concept of using a differeent set of input devices need not apply. This is a paradigm shift in gaming, not just a new monitor with some fancy sensors. CES will be very interesting this year with some major players all showing finalized designs and I'm excited for the amount of competition and potential out there.

The Vive doesn't use a mouse and keyboard, so I'm not sure what you're getting at...

We've already seen lots of people getting motion sickness from the current Oculus. Valve seems to have at least solved this problem.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2015, 14:08 ForgedReality

I absolutely love my 60" Samsung F8500 plasma. It's got just about the best picture quality I've seen on a television. It's no wonder why. Plasma is derived from technologies similar to CRT, meaning it's fast, with rich colors and excellent contrast. I'm still waiting for a technology that beats my 24" desktop CRT. :\  

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
19. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 11:07 ForgedReality

Valve's solution already looks 10,000 times better.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 5, 2015, 12:10 ForgedReality

Icewind Dale was awesome, but don't we have enough of these games already? Why is everything these days a rehash of something else? Hell, even the AAA games coming out are remakes of old games. Are we that fucking uncreative that we can't come up with new ideas? There's a dearth of originality lately that I find rather depressing.  

1506 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo