Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban Nixed
49. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 24, 2010, 16:52 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 24, 2010, 16:31:
every site needs a clown to mock i suppose.
I don't know why he's not mocking you. You're the one with the bad grammar skills. You don't ever capitalize words at the beginning of sentences, and you have no grasp of punctuation. Yet he tries spotting grammatical errors where there are none, and blatantly ignores yours because you white knighted him. Understandable, yet neither of you have a leg to stand on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 23, 2010, 23:58 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 22, 2010, 21:16:
ForgedReality wrote on May 22, 2010, 19:16:
I'm actually amused by you two incapable of reading comprehension.

I'm actually amused by your lack of 1st grade grammar skills.

See, this is where you fucked up last time. You don't know how to comprehend what you read.

In my first post--where you flew off the handle because you can't understand basic language--I was trying to think of a way to say "why is Germany still afraid of their past" without saying exactly that. And just now, I stated perfectly well that your inability to comprehend is amusing. And yet, here you are, proving me right again. Please continue.

42. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 19:16 ForgedReality

I'm actually amused by you two incapable of reading comprehension. And your troll backfired. So good luck in your future ventures.  

News Comments > On In-game Advertising
2. Re: On In-game Advertising May 22, 2010, 18:58 ForgedReality

So there's no need to wait for a version of AdBlock Plus for games?  

News Comments > New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday
6. Re: New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday May 22, 2010, 18:30 ForgedReality

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 22, 2010, 18:23:
I think the idea of DLC has finally made me skip all the initial releases and wait for the "game of the year" edition around Christmas. You get more, the bugs are ironed out, the price is usually less, and by that time you know for sure whether or not the game is any good.

Fallout3 GOTY might be worthwhile, if you liked that game, since it comes with the DLC, so you don't have to worry about getting that separately, and possibly in a more mature form with less bugs.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2010, 18:55.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance May 22, 2010, 17:53 ForgedReality

IBM gifts infected USB keys at conference.

Oops. How did this even happen? Did they have somebody working the booth who hates IBM or something? Or possibly the machine used to copy the data onto the drives was unknowingly infected...?

This is IBM we're talking about. Hard to believe something like that happened by accident. Time for a manhunt.

39. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 17:29 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 22, 2010, 15:48:
ForgedReality wrote on May 22, 2010, 14:41:
The PC Warrior wrote on May 22, 2010, 11:43:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2010, 06:12:
The PC Warrior and Diabolus in Musica = same person on a personal vendetta?

I really dont understand all this fuss.

ive been accused of being like 4 different people on the site and usually by alt account posters like you. i have no vendetta with forgedreality other than the fact that he says stupid things then has the nerve to get upset when people call him on it. either keep your big trap shut or put up with the consequences of what happens when you open it.

Ooh! This is getting good!

I'd love to see what happens if you actually met someone in real life. You wouldn't be so bold as to talk like a badass on the internet.

I'm sure Blue can see IPs and if anyone had multiple accounts, he could ban them both, assuming it was against the rules here.

Just drop it. You're like a little kid.
No. I'm just like you, I have to get the last word in.

Wish you hadn't started the argument (because of your failure to comprehend) in the first place yet?

News Comments > New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday
1. Re: New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday May 22, 2010, 17:28 ForgedReality

Just curious: Does anybody still play this game?  

News Comments > Split/Second Demo
9. Re: Split/Second Demo May 22, 2010, 14:50 ForgedReality

This game rates fairly high on the shitty meter. Seems fun for a while, but it's rather shallow and feels extremely consolized.

The graphics are decent, but not great by PC standards, and it seems like they're very unoptimized. I get choppy performance on the highest setting (WHY can't you individually customize the settings???) on my 4870x2 at 2048x1280, but if I turn it down a notch, it's smooth as silk, while the graphics don't look that much worse. Seems like they need to clean up their code a bit. There is no reason a game with console graphics should stress a dual gpu card like the x2, when it runs much more demanding games much more smoothly.

tl;dr: It's an interesting diversion for a short while, but it's certainly not something I'd buy, even though I do find many arcade racers fun.

37. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 14:41 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 22, 2010, 11:43:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2010, 06:12:
The PC Warrior and Diabolus in Musica = same person on a personal vendetta?

I really dont understand all this fuss.

ive been accused of being like 4 different people on the site and usually by alt account posters like you. i have no vendetta with forgedreality other than the fact that he says stupid things then has the nerve to get upset when people call him on it. either keep your big trap shut or put up with the consequences of what happens when you open it.

Ooh! This is getting good!

I'd love to see what happens if you actually met someone in real life. You wouldn't be so bold as to talk like a badass on the internet.

I'm sure Blue can see IPs and if anyone had multiple accounts, he could ban them both, assuming it was against the rules here.

News Comments > Mac Steam Game Installs to Change
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising May 22, 2010, 04:12 ForgedReality

Darth Guybrush wrote on May 22, 2010, 00:38:
Stupid Macs or stupid Mac users? Uninstall Steam? Surely you jest!
I think it's interesting the way the Steam post is keenly informative on both fronts.

First, you have them stating that they wanted to put it in an easy-to-find location for (ignorant) users. And then they realize that users didn't want that, so they decide to move back to their original impulse of putting it where it should most logically go. The problem is that Macs are apparently not logical at all, and so they have to actually write their own applet to handle the removal of these installed assets.

So, really, take your pick: Users, or Macs. I'd say a little of both, seeing as most Mac users are just as rudimentary as the Macs themselves, and that's why people buy them. :\

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots May 22, 2010, 02:14 ForgedReality

V4 is by FAR the best. Please say they didn't use that hideous V5. :\  

29. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 02:01 ForgedReality

[citation needed]  

27. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 01:31 ForgedReality

He merely misunderstood something I said, because of the way it was worded, and the ease at which language can become confusing on the internet without particular inflection or emphasis.

But you're welcome to butt in with your own opinion if you like.

25. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 00:37 ForgedReality

Not really, no, but excellent and mature retort. Just what I expected out of you. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Midway Liquidation Approved
2. Re: Midway Liquidation Approved May 22, 2010, 00:09 ForgedReality

haha! Yeah, man. Their games always came off as corny and badly done, to me. Just like you said, they'd be like, "oh this did pretty well.. Let's make fifty more and just quick-buck this idea to death."

Somehow, I don't see a business model like that making millionaires out of the people doing it. ...At least not for very long.

News Comments > Mac Steam Game Installs to Change
2. Re: Mac Steam Game Installs to Change May 21, 2010, 23:41 ForgedReality

Bet wrote on May 21, 2010, 23:03:
How about adding the ability to, oh, say, let us specify what directory to install games to? Instead of forcing them all to be on one partition. That would be swell.

Windows Steam doesn't even let you do that. I'm not sure why they do it that way, but I kind of like the fact that everything is in one place, under my account name.

I'm sure having all the directories available for mods and whatnot has something to do with it, since, technically, the games are only in a few packed files, and only unpacks them when you run them, allowing you to put any content you want in there, or overwrite unpacked content, and it will take precedence over the content inside the packed files.

Just make sure where you install Steam has ample room to install games onto. (At least that's how the Windows version works, but it sounds like the Mac version deviates slightly.)

23. removed May 21, 2010, 23:16 ForgedReality

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 22, 2010, 13:18.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patch May 21, 2010, 23:10 ForgedReality

haha!

http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/1/13/Whiskered_gentleman.png

That's slightly retarded.

9. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 21, 2010, 16:06 ForgedReality

"Safety ministers." That they feel they need to protect the public from these perceived evils is evidence enough of their paranoia. It's good that they merely have authority to cast a vote, or it would be a scary thing in itself, carrying with it the risk of creating an individual body with the power to do exactly what they're afraid of.

It's good to see a petition like this actually having a positive effect, and influencing change in the interest of the people.

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo