Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1076 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released
12. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released May 19, 2010, 05:16 ForgedReality

I now own this DLC.

Have yet to play any of the last 6 or so DLCs for this game. I stopped playing a few months ago because the game started getting annoying. I never even completed it yet. I plan to pick it up again very soon though. Have a lot of catching up to do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Pyro Changes This Week
9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Pyro Changes This Week May 19, 2010, 05:14 ForgedReality

I welcome any change that fixes the fuckup they created after the last update.

Seriously. BB 40% more powerful than the flamethrower? The regular flame is now the least powerful main weapon in the game. Keep in mind, it's Pyro's MAIN WEAPON! And it only reaches about 5 feet. It's been seriously declawed. I'd like to see them halve the damage on the Soldier's rocket and survive the torrent of hate that would fly at them from the inevitable backlash.

News Comments > Mafia II and PhysX
12. Re: Mafia II and PhysX May 19, 2010, 03:46 ForgedReality

Yeah, I agree, this is a wait-and-see title. Possibly a wait-for-it-to-hit-bargain-bin title.  

5. Re: Mafia II and PhysX May 18, 2010, 19:36 ForgedReality

Bumpy wrote on May 18, 2010, 19:28:
So ATI left out in the cold again with a lesser visual experience. Booooooooo.

I certainly hope the lack of AA in the screenshots are just oversights and not an engine limitation like GTA4.
Fuckin Unreal Engine has the same limitation. This engine covers Mass Effect 1 and 2, both Bioshocks, Splinter Cell, and plenty others also. I'm betting it just doesn't support it.

And yes, I realize it's LESS of an issue at higher resolutions, but I game at 2048x1280, and I still like to see nice smooth edges. It's not too much to ask. Plenty of games support it. It's not like it's some crazy exotic feature, just make your engine more robust.

1. Re: Mafia II and PhysX May 18, 2010, 18:40 ForgedReality

I run a 4870x2 with a 9800gt for dedicated physx. Batman:AA was the only game I've seen which made good use of PhysX. This one looks like it might be decent too.

But what the fuck is it about games not supporting AA these days? It's one of the most useful features, and those screenshots don't have AA enabled. I would think they would want to use the highest settings they could to show off their game, so if it supported AA, it would be enabled, right?

News Comments > John Romero Interview
10. Re: John Romero Interview May 18, 2010, 03:06 ForgedReality

"To beat the game, you must kill me, John Romero! MUAHAHAHAH!"  

News Comments > John Romero Interview
1. Re: John Romero Interview May 17, 2010, 22:31 ForgedReality

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE IRRELEVANT, JOHN? HOW'S THAT CANE HOLDING UP? THAT RETIREMENT PENSION PULLING YOU THROUGH ALRIGHT?  

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
107. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 22:29 ForgedReality

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 17, 2010, 22:11:
hmm, look what i found in 3 seconds of searching..

Consoles Red Dead Redemption (2010) 4 hours
(7,411.4MB)

Do they think that there won't be an influx of pirating on the consoles if PC gamers jump ship?
Of course not. We already know piracy is not insignificant on consoles as well, but consoles are a lot harder to pirate on, and it's a larger risk factor as it generally requires physically modifying your hardware, which voids your warranty, AND some hacks have been detected and caused the owners' consoles to be deactivated.

It's not a 1:1.

84. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 18:05 ForgedReality

MattyC wrote on May 17, 2010, 17:23:
I can give you some 'meh' on 2k4, but I wouldn't call it crap. And what exactly was wrong with UT2k3? Also no love for the original Unreal? For shame!

Yeah, Unreal was the shit in its day. But then, that was before Epic turned into EA. That was when game companies still cared about games, and they were making games instead of quick profits.

Those were the days when companies like id and Epic were willing to innovate, and actually seemed passionate about having the power to create experiences. Now, it feels like they're on a sinking ship, and all they want to do is whip out a few quick money scams while the getting's good, before they go under, or some kind of quality laws centered around consumer protection are put in place. It feels a bit like the wild wild west with these lawless thugs running around knowingly scamming people. It's kind of ironic considering they accuse other lawless thugs of causing their downfall.

53. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 15:42 ForgedReality

ATTN EPIC:

YOU ARE NOT RELEVANT. NOBODY BUT IDIOTS ON CONSOLES PLAY YOUR SHITTY GAMES. GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN.

Thank you.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Beta Signups
12. Re: Tactical Intervention Beta Signups May 17, 2010, 03:46 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2010, 02:26:
This game is being made in South Korea. It's very much for that market.

So no, it's not a joke. It's a game made as a refresh to CS. It's trying to fill the exact spot CS has, only with better mechanics.
Korea's idea of better mechanics is "instead of one bullet to down a dude, it should take 50."

News Comments > Portal Patched
11. Re: Portal Patched May 16, 2010, 14:56 ForgedReality

Nude patch for Portal. Now we're talkin'!  

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month
13. Re: New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month May 13, 2010, 18:03 ForgedReality

NicklePop wrote on May 13, 2010, 14:11:
ME2 flat out blows compared to ME1. So linear, so much more confined.

Oblivion used to be my example of "dumbed down", now ME2 is.

Blah, I loved ME1.

They've both got pretty much the same linearity factor, I think the first one just did a better job at disguising its linearity. The first one had a lot of options as far as upgrades and weapons go, but I think they kind of overdid it. It's kind of like Dragon Age, where you can swap out one thing for a slightly upgraded attachment, or sidegrade, but in the end, none of it really made any difference. So, in the end, you have all these useless options that only serve to complicate the game and add confusion.

I do agree that they basically made it too simplistic with ME2 though. I found myself longing for some of the features that ME1 had, but, really, they're not all that different in the end. I think ME2 has the better story, but it was too dumbed down so the stupid console players wouldn't cry.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2010, 14:30 ForgedReality

nin wrote on May 13, 2010, 12:32:
Again, I disagree. Variants do their best to try and blend in. See here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-2010

That screenshot? They use the Security Center icon (or very close to it), and the layout and warnings are very similar to security center. It is designed to be dishonest, and lure people in.

Again, I'm not bitching, but if your point is "if people used AV, they'd be fine", IMO, that's incorrect.

I've recently had an encounter with that particular malware. My uncle's computer got infected with it, and as I'm the one in the family who always gets called whenever there's something involving tech, I got to learn all about this one. It's a pain in the ass, seriously.

But no idea how he caught it. These days, you don't even have to click anything, let alone see a popup.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots May 13, 2010, 14:06 ForgedReality

What's with the weird glow where the shadows meet the cars? I bet it's even more noticeable animated.  

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
29. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 22:31 ForgedReality

commonperson wrote on May 8, 2010, 21:23:
So I was good up until the last five words of my post. Okay, so I was posting from a mobile device that had auto-complete and I didn't thoroughly check it. I humbly apologise, but come on, it's okay to not agree but to pull the spelling card? That's just sad. Thanks for reminding me how asinine the internet is. It's always nice to be reassured of your lack of faith in basic debate tactics and human civility.

Oh and by the way, I ran this through a spell check to make sure I didn't obfuscate my point by swapping out a letter. :-P

AHAHHAH!! Try harder, fuckface. I can't believe how over your head that was. Basically, I was making fun of the fact that your arguments are in no way based in reality. Just as mine were ridiculous, as were yours. The whole thing was a fucking joke, just like this lawsuit. If you're so fucking serious (as evidenced by your need to be continually connected to the internet), obviously you need to take a step back an analyze your life AND your arguments.

News Comments > American McGee Interview
1. Re: American McGee Interview May 8, 2010, 19:18 ForgedReality

So, John Fakelastname, how does it feel to know your relevancy passed 15 years ago?  

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
20. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 18:20 ForgedReality

commonperson wrote on May 8, 2010, 17:23:
You reap what you sew.
"Sew?" You reap what you "sew?!" Are you kidding me? You're kidding me right now. You have to be. Right?

I mean, I've heard of a tool called a seam-ripper before, but, honestly, I wouldn't compare that in any way with reaping.

Unless, of course, you meant sow, in which case, oh, right, that makes sense. Your argument seemed somewhat well thought-out, until this monstrosity of English language mutilation.

Up to that point, I was just like, "oh, yeah.. Well, he makes some good points. Assuming he knows what he's--...!!" And then I was like, "WHOA! Oh.. No.. Just.. WHOA!! Is that-? It IS!! Oh my goodness, no! Oh no he di'in't...!"

And from that point forward, your entire argument came crumbling down like a magnificent house of cards, only instead of made of cards, it was made of spittle and malcontent.

Thank you for the good times, sir.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2010, 04:18 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 6, 2010, 17:42:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:57:
kimbambaman wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:46:

You must HATE watching TV and movies then.

Oh good, this idiotic argument again.

FILM IS NOT THE SAME, GENIUS.

you started the idiotic argument off with the usual fps count flamebait. we're all waiting with baited breath for you to explain your capslocked statement without the assistance of google or wikipedia. in the future try not being such a loud mouth then maybe people wont make you equivocate your idiocy. some people find 30fps perfectly fine for videogames, other people dont. some people it depends entirely on the engine. shooting for 60fps average is meaningless if youre still getting lows in the 20s btw.
I don't need wikipedia do know what the fuck I'm talking about, but thank you for proving yourself a fucking prick.

And of course framerate on consoles doesn't matter as much, but to those of us with quality hardware, it matters. If I had a penny for every time someone claimed that 30fps was high (or even sufficient) for gaming, I'd be a trillionaire. If a game rendering frames required an aperature and exposure time, maybe the comparison would be more fair. But it doesn't, and it's not.

Get the fuck off my lawn.

News Comments > Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Opening Cinematic
2. Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Opening Cinematic May 8, 2010, 04:03 ForgedReality

Lame.  

1076 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo