Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1076 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 25, 2010, 15:06 ForgedReality

That's really sad. SED was looking like a very promising technology, and lawyers had to go fuck something else up again. Way to stifle innovation, you fat pigs. SED could have brought display tech out of the motherfucking dark ages, and married the best of CRT with the best of LCD.

Mr. Gates, save us! Here's something you can do with all your billions now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Movie Plans
10. Re: Mass Effect Movie Plans May 25, 2010, 14:21 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on May 25, 2010, 13:27:
I find "the movie industry" in general to pretty disdainful of videogames.
You find...? What, are you a film producer or something? What kind of exposure do you have to "the movie industry's" way of thinking?

Verno wrote on May 25, 2010, 13:14:
ForgedReality wrote on May 25, 2010, 12:15:
Don't worry. It's Hollywood. They will ruin it.

Mass Effect isn't exactly an artistic achievement in the first place.
I think the general premise of the story (but not necessarily the story itself) could be a good one if done properly in a movie format. Obviously, a carbon copy of the game wouldn't work, but elements from it might. Don't you find the idea of an ancient race leaving behind highly technological relics for us to find, in the form of mass effect gates an intriguing idea? It's not necessarily 100% unique (Stargate?), but done right, it might work for a film adaptation.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2010, 13:06 ForgedReality

9/11 link to rise in male foetal death rate, study says.
At first I was like, "O.o"

Then I clicked the link and I was like, "oh, Brits can't spell, that's all."

But yeah, can we get a ctrl+z on the gulf spill? That'd be swell.

News Comments > Mass Effect Movie Plans
4. Re: Mass Effect Movie Plans May 25, 2010, 12:15 ForgedReality

Don't worry. It's Hollywood. They will ruin it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2010, 17:07 ForgedReality

Dogs are like children, except that their bites hurt more, and they eat larger quantities of feces. Also when they break stuff, they really break stuff. Sorry to hear you have to replace part of your deck now, Blue.

--edit--
Google Toilet: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

What the fucking fuck? Did Google contact youtube to get it removed? >:[ Now I guess I have to find a mirror of it somewhere.

--edit--
Could this have been the one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrontojPWEE

This comment was edited on May 24, 2010, 17:13.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Pandora May 24, 2010, 16:58 ForgedReality

Grendle wrote on May 24, 2010, 10:51:
That Pandora looks pretty cool.
So this is like a handheld Linux box or something?

I ask because I cannot see the images at the moment. Clicking on one of the empty image boxes, it dishes up a '500 Internal server error.'

News Comments > Split/Second Interview
2. Re: Split/Second Interview May 24, 2010, 16:54 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on May 24, 2010, 10:33:
I remember a trash horror movie called Split Second. It stared Rutger Hauer. Actually the movie was pretty cool, in a really trashy sense.
Are you calling this game trashy? :O

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban Nixed
49. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 24, 2010, 16:52 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 24, 2010, 16:31:
every site needs a clown to mock i suppose.
I don't know why he's not mocking you. You're the one with the bad grammar skills. You don't ever capitalize words at the beginning of sentences, and you have no grasp of punctuation. Yet he tries spotting grammatical errors where there are none, and blatantly ignores yours because you white knighted him. Understandable, yet neither of you have a leg to stand on.

46. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 23, 2010, 23:58 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 22, 2010, 21:16:
ForgedReality wrote on May 22, 2010, 19:16:
I'm actually amused by you two incapable of reading comprehension.

I'm actually amused by your lack of 1st grade grammar skills.

See, this is where you fucked up last time. You don't know how to comprehend what you read.

In my first post--where you flew off the handle because you can't understand basic language--I was trying to think of a way to say "why is Germany still afraid of their past" without saying exactly that. And just now, I stated perfectly well that your inability to comprehend is amusing. And yet, here you are, proving me right again. Please continue.

42. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 19:16 ForgedReality

I'm actually amused by you two incapable of reading comprehension. And your troll backfired. So good luck in your future ventures.  

News Comments > On In-game Advertising
2. Re: On In-game Advertising May 22, 2010, 18:58 ForgedReality

So there's no need to wait for a version of AdBlock Plus for games?  

News Comments > New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday
6. Re: New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday May 22, 2010, 18:30 ForgedReality

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 22, 2010, 18:23:
I think the idea of DLC has finally made me skip all the initial releases and wait for the "game of the year" edition around Christmas. You get more, the bugs are ironed out, the price is usually less, and by that time you know for sure whether or not the game is any good.

Fallout3 GOTY might be worthwhile, if you liked that game, since it comes with the DLC, so you don't have to worry about getting that separately, and possibly in a more mature form with less bugs.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2010, 18:55.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance May 22, 2010, 17:53 ForgedReality

IBM gifts infected USB keys at conference.

Oops. How did this even happen? Did they have somebody working the booth who hates IBM or something? Or possibly the machine used to copy the data onto the drives was unknowingly infected...?

This is IBM we're talking about. Hard to believe something like that happened by accident. Time for a manhunt.

39. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 17:29 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 22, 2010, 15:48:
ForgedReality wrote on May 22, 2010, 14:41:
The PC Warrior wrote on May 22, 2010, 11:43:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2010, 06:12:
The PC Warrior and Diabolus in Musica = same person on a personal vendetta?

I really dont understand all this fuss.

ive been accused of being like 4 different people on the site and usually by alt account posters like you. i have no vendetta with forgedreality other than the fact that he says stupid things then has the nerve to get upset when people call him on it. either keep your big trap shut or put up with the consequences of what happens when you open it.

Ooh! This is getting good!

I'd love to see what happens if you actually met someone in real life. You wouldn't be so bold as to talk like a badass on the internet.

I'm sure Blue can see IPs and if anyone had multiple accounts, he could ban them both, assuming it was against the rules here.

Just drop it. You're like a little kid.
No. I'm just like you, I have to get the last word in.

Wish you hadn't started the argument (because of your failure to comprehend) in the first place yet?

News Comments > New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday
1. Re: New BioShock 2 Content Tuesday May 22, 2010, 17:28 ForgedReality

Just curious: Does anybody still play this game?  

News Comments > Split/Second Demo
9. Re: Split/Second Demo May 22, 2010, 14:50 ForgedReality

This game rates fairly high on the shitty meter. Seems fun for a while, but it's rather shallow and feels extremely consolized.

The graphics are decent, but not great by PC standards, and it seems like they're very unoptimized. I get choppy performance on the highest setting (WHY can't you individually customize the settings???) on my 4870x2 at 2048x1280, but if I turn it down a notch, it's smooth as silk, while the graphics don't look that much worse. Seems like they need to clean up their code a bit. There is no reason a game with console graphics should stress a dual gpu card like the x2, when it runs much more demanding games much more smoothly.

tl;dr: It's an interesting diversion for a short while, but it's certainly not something I'd buy, even though I do find many arcade racers fun.

37. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 14:41 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 22, 2010, 11:43:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2010, 06:12:
The PC Warrior and Diabolus in Musica = same person on a personal vendetta?

I really dont understand all this fuss.

ive been accused of being like 4 different people on the site and usually by alt account posters like you. i have no vendetta with forgedreality other than the fact that he says stupid things then has the nerve to get upset when people call him on it. either keep your big trap shut or put up with the consequences of what happens when you open it.

Ooh! This is getting good!

I'd love to see what happens if you actually met someone in real life. You wouldn't be so bold as to talk like a badass on the internet.

I'm sure Blue can see IPs and if anyone had multiple accounts, he could ban them both, assuming it was against the rules here.

News Comments > Mac Steam Game Installs to Change
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising May 22, 2010, 04:12 ForgedReality

Darth Guybrush wrote on May 22, 2010, 00:38:
Stupid Macs or stupid Mac users? Uninstall Steam? Surely you jest!
I think it's interesting the way the Steam post is keenly informative on both fronts.

First, you have them stating that they wanted to put it in an easy-to-find location for (ignorant) users. And then they realize that users didn't want that, so they decide to move back to their original impulse of putting it where it should most logically go. The problem is that Macs are apparently not logical at all, and so they have to actually write their own applet to handle the removal of these installed assets.

So, really, take your pick: Users, or Macs. I'd say a little of both, seeing as most Mac users are just as rudimentary as the Macs themselves, and that's why people buy them. :\

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots May 22, 2010, 02:14 ForgedReality

V4 is by FAR the best. Please say they didn't use that hideous V5. :\  

29. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 02:01 ForgedReality

[citation needed]  

1076 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo