Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1037 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban Nixed
29. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 02:01 ForgedReality

[citation needed]  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 01:31 ForgedReality

He merely misunderstood something I said, because of the way it was worded, and the ease at which language can become confusing on the internet without particular inflection or emphasis.

But you're welcome to butt in with your own opinion if you like.

25. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 22, 2010, 00:37 ForgedReality

Not really, no, but excellent and mature retort. Just what I expected out of you. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Midway Liquidation Approved
2. Re: Midway Liquidation Approved May 22, 2010, 00:09 ForgedReality

haha! Yeah, man. Their games always came off as corny and badly done, to me. Just like you said, they'd be like, "oh this did pretty well.. Let's make fifty more and just quick-buck this idea to death."

Somehow, I don't see a business model like that making millionaires out of the people doing it. ...At least not for very long.

News Comments > Mac Steam Game Installs to Change
2. Re: Mac Steam Game Installs to Change May 21, 2010, 23:41 ForgedReality

Bet wrote on May 21, 2010, 23:03:
How about adding the ability to, oh, say, let us specify what directory to install games to? Instead of forcing them all to be on one partition. That would be swell.

Windows Steam doesn't even let you do that. I'm not sure why they do it that way, but I kind of like the fact that everything is in one place, under my account name.

I'm sure having all the directories available for mods and whatnot has something to do with it, since, technically, the games are only in a few packed files, and only unpacks them when you run them, allowing you to put any content you want in there, or overwrite unpacked content, and it will take precedence over the content inside the packed files.

Just make sure where you install Steam has ample room to install games onto. (At least that's how the Windows version works, but it sounds like the Mac version deviates slightly.)

23. removed May 21, 2010, 23:16 ForgedReality

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 22, 2010, 13:18.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patch May 21, 2010, 23:10 ForgedReality

haha!

http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/1/13/Whiskered_gentleman.png

That's slightly retarded.

9. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 21, 2010, 16:06 ForgedReality

"Safety ministers." That they feel they need to protect the public from these perceived evils is evidence enough of their paranoia. It's good that they merely have authority to cast a vote, or it would be a scary thing in itself, carrying with it the risk of creating an individual body with the power to do exactly what they're afraid of.

It's good to see a petition like this actually having a positive effect, and influencing change in the interest of the people.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2010, 15:54 ForgedReality

jimnms wrote on May 21, 2010, 14:48:
When I visit relatives in the Dallas, TX area, we do go to the Studio Movie Grill. The last time we went on a Sunday afternoon and it was only $6 for a ticket. Other times I think it's about the same as other movie theaters ($8?), but for what other movie theaters charge for a small popcorn, you can get a full meal. If we had one of those near by, I'd go to the movies more often.
That sounds like a cool place to check out.

# ASUS ROG Xpander might be the craziest four-way SLI solution you've ever seen.
Okay, so you have an add-in board. You plug four cards into it, and it only utilizes two pci-e slots. I don't imagine it would oversaturate the two slots if they were x16, but would it be too much bandwidth for an x8? What about the latency introduced by the board itself? Seems like if you're going to spend money on something like this, you might be better off just doing two dual-gpu cards. I'd be interested in seeing performance reviews of this product.

7. removed May 21, 2010, 15:34 ForgedReality

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 21, 2010, 21:29.

1. Re: German Violent Game Ban Nixed May 21, 2010, 14:14 ForgedReality

Why is Germany so afraid of things? It's not like they're going to create another Hitler--he didn't even have video games.  

News Comments > BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business
34. Re: BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business May 21, 2010, 10:58 ForgedReality

Ant wrote on May 21, 2010, 10:44:
Ledge wrote on May 21, 2010, 10:31:
"Just like Creative Labs, why bother with a dedicated sound card when the onboard sound is more than fine? "

not fine enough for me.
Onboard quality SUCKS!
What, specifically, is wrong with on-board sound?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization May 21, 2010, 09:05 ForgedReality

zirik wrote on May 20, 2010, 22:25:
Ozmodan wrote on May 20, 2010, 21:49:
Who in the world wants a closed system when you can have an open system in the PC.

the same can be said about consoles. and look where we are at now.

Uhh.. Not quite the same thing. Consoles are solely for gaming. A whole lot more can be done on a Windows PC, and good luck doing any real gaming on an iPad.

You're ignoring the business applications of a desktop PC which are completely ignored by a device such as the iPad, as well.

It seems to me that the iPad is just a quick solution for today's spoiled brats who just want "another tech toy." What relevance, or even useful application does the iPad offer beyond mere self-indulged novelty? No, there is no way any device like the iPad is going to pose any threat whatsoever to the PC. They are two completely different tools for completely separate functions.

News Comments > Singularity Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: Singularity Preorder Bonuses May 21, 2010, 08:29 ForgedReality

Prone? Roll? Ninja throwing stars? Giant transforming robot gorillas?  

News Comments > BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business
18. Re: BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business May 21, 2010, 02:16 ForgedReality

Sepharo wrote on May 21, 2010, 01:36:
Surf wrote on May 21, 2010, 00:19:
Who the fuck would pay $400+ for a vid card these days when the consoles are so inexpensive and PC makers are all bailing onto consoles.

I would. Probably a bunch of other posters as well.
I would, and I have. Consoles? Are you kidding me?

Anyway, yeah, I agree with Blue. BFG is awesome. I think their recent BFG trade-up programs might have been somewhat taxing on their profitability though. I was able to trade up from an old BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP to a 9600 GT PCI-Express for free. They've always been a great company from a customer service standpoint. They will be missed in the graphics sector.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2010, 18:13 ForgedReality

FCC appoints Flynn to oversee Comcast/NBCU merger.

Flynn lives! (No I didn't read the article )

4. Re: Singularity Preorder Bonuses May 20, 2010, 18:11 ForgedReality

Capitan wrote on May 20, 2010, 17:43:
nin wrote on May 20, 2010, 13:45:
I have to say, after watching the last video, I'm looking forward to this one. I'll prob go for the 360 version, since they throw in Prototype, and give you a $20 credit for a future purchase.

Why pay full price for it when you could buy it for the half? You get the same game in Wolfenstein, Singularity is just a carbon copy of Wolfenstein and contains all the same things....

Yeah, dude. It's, like, totally like the same thing, only with more of the same.

2. Re: Singularity Preorder Bonuses May 20, 2010, 16:19 ForgedReality

I remember the days when games just came with this shit standard. Now, you have to jump through all kinds of crazy hoops just to get the game, practically.

Nowadays, when I buy a game, I don't ever get that "hey, thanks for supporting our products" feeling from game companies. Well there is one exception, but all the others just feel like greedy pricks, and creating a quality game and a quality experience (and of course a good post-purchase feeling) aren't even on their list of things-to-do.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2010, 16:25.

News Comments > More Mac Steam Games
4. Re: More Mac Steam Games May 20, 2010, 14:15 ForgedReality

Reactor wrote on May 20, 2010, 02:32:
I know designers who drink Apple's juice all the time.

Ah yes, designers. I am one, and happy to be PC based. But most of the industry (especially when it comes to web design) think the only computer you can design something on is a Mac.
Don't you fucking HATE how MacOS insists on keeping the desktop visible behind applications? Open Photoshop, for example, and you get to see everything behind it, instead of a white background, like on a PC. You have the menu bar across the top, the toolbar on the left, and the layers and other tabs on the right. The rest is wide fucking open, instead of masked off by the program's background. It's extremely fucking annoying. I hate having that distraction of (and annoyance of accidentally clicking on) the shit behind my window. That is but one of the many Mac UI flaws.

News Comments > Avatar Game Sells Well
23. Re: Avatar Game Sells Well May 20, 2010, 14:11 ForgedReality

kxmode wrote on May 20, 2010, 12:49:
I think it's amazing that most of you say you dislike the movie on the merits of the story and not the special effects. I would like to remind you that many scenes were completely CGI. By itself that was completely amazing.
And they invented a special 3d camera just for this movie.

1037 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo