Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Legal Briefs
9. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2010, 05:04 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 31, 2010, 22:42:
did you get dropped on your head or something? yeah because no adobe software ever has installation issues, security problems and adobe is a stranger to clickwrapping Rolleyes she tried to get adobes help and when they couldnt help, she wasnt able to get a refund because of the license terms she couldnt actually open to agree to in the first place. she took them to small claims for the cost of the software, she didnt sue them for 5 million dollars. if you arent smart enough to follow the story then maybe shut up instead of calling women bitches for no reason.
Thanks for the recap, bro! Thumbsup

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2010, 20:35 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 31, 2010, 18:34:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 31, 2010, 17:13:
(I have found the ignore function to be more than useful)

Knew he couldn't post without throwing some wise-ass comment in there.
HEY WHERE'S THAT KETTLE AGAIN?

4. Re: Legal Briefs May 31, 2010, 18:05 ForgedReality

Sue your tech vendor? Did you guys fucking read that article? Wow. Idiot woman probably had a virus on her computer and that's what was causing the Adobe software from installing. Stupid fucking bitch. How is it Adobe's responsibility to fix your fucking computer because you're too much of an idiot not to click every link you receive in your email? YOU HAD TO REINSTALL YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKED UP FAR LONGER THAN YOU REALIZE. No tech support steps are going to mangle your computer to such a degree. Idiot.

Needless to say, I have not bought any other Adobe products. Even opening a PDF makes me nervous!
I rest my case. Stupid bitch barely knows how to operate a computer. Way to make them pay for your ignorance, bitch.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2010, 17:48 ForgedReality

to take on The Hobbit after he got the offer instead of Sam Raimi (who wanted it badly).
Thank GOD! Raimi would have fucking RUINED any greatness The Hobbit could have attained (and deserves). Glad somebody had some foresight there.

Hoop wrote on May 31, 2010, 17:05:
The Aperture Laboratories goes into the software business article promised a photo of a goat in a banana but never delivered.
I was really looking forward to seeing that, I won't say my day is ruined, but, ......., ...., no my day is ruined.
+1

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2010, 16:39 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on May 31, 2010, 14:32:
Who created the drivers for those network cards, keyboards, HDDs and mice? Microsoft. So it's Window's job.

Who created the drivers for your video card? Not Windows. So it isn't Windows job.
That's if you use default, built-in drivers. Quite a few keyboards, mice, network cards, etc are made by the manufacturer. It still works with other manufacturers' hardware, becuase THEY DON'T INTENTIONALLY PUT IN CODE TO LOCK OUT COMPETING PRODUCTS.

What happens if you try to run an ATI card and an NVIDIA card in SLI/Crossfire? Is that supported?
This is a COMPLETELY different issue. This is hardware-based, not software. You can't even SLI/CF cards from the SAME manufacturer if they're too different. Anyway, CrossFire is a different interface from SLI, so that wouldn't work anyway, even if the hardware communicated in the same way.

Verno wrote on May 31, 2010, 09:12:
Don't buy an Nvidia card. There is no other solution. Don't support a vendor that tries to permit console style platform lock-in. If you do then you have no room to complain. PhysX is pretty questionable value to begin with anyways.
With that, I'll agree. I actually started typing a post about the questionable nature of PhysX, especially when you consider its counterpart, Havok, is used in many more games, and seems more useful (not to mention, it runs on either the red or green team). The only game I really got any added value from using PhysX was Batman:AA, and possibly to a lesser extent, Mirror's Edge, but that game sucked anyway.

But I digress. The reason I started using hybrid PhysX in the first place was to check it out, and see what the hype was about. I never planned on sticking with it. I had a new 9600GT that I got for free laying around, so I plugged that in to use alongside my x2. I also use my nV card for a second desktop on my dual-input monitor, so that can be useful. I got to like the capability of doing that and experiencing PhysX.

But then one day nVidia decided to put in a lock, and that's actually long extended my usage of PhysX. Otherwise, I would have taken out the nV card long ago and moved on. But now, with them doing that, I guess it's kind of turned into a sort of personal "fuck you" to nVidia for taking such a stance/action. Now I use it because I can, and not just because I was temporarily checking it out.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2010, 16:49.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
60. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 06:52 ForgedReality

Solution: Remove the publisher, and go back to what gaming used to be--great.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 31, 2010, 00:30 ForgedReality

coldcut wrote on May 30, 2010, 19:29:
Yes, I also bought the HL2 series again (got it on DVD bound to another Steam account which I don't use anymore, so I bought it again for my active account). Just playing through it again, the improved graphics are indeed nice and it is really fun again.

Oh and I also got the Warhammer II Gold Edition, was waiting for the price to drop since I didn't have any game yet, and for this price it's just awesome.
Care to tell why you don't use your other account? Did you get VAC banned?

But yeah, yesterday I finished playing through the first Half-Life (not for the first time, of course). I'm going to play through the other three in order as well.

I take my time on games, so maybe by the time I get thru Episode 2 again, they'll have announced a date for Ep3...? :\

47. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 00:04 ForgedReality

Is this Nobody friends with Jack Thompson? He sounds a lot like him. And he's a lawyer, like Thompson used to be.

And he soapboxes from a website that caters to PC gamers, and at the end of his little rant, he proclaims that he "HATES PC gamers." Okay. Who is making you rich, again?

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2010, 00:01 ForgedReality

necrosis wrote on May 30, 2010, 18:50:
FR-

And when a issue arises with running ATi and nVidia PhysX in the same system? The user base will bitch and moan demanding a fix even tho, as you say, is something they do not have to support. nVidia is avoiding that ever coming up by disabling it.

What is so hard to understand. If you want PhysX buy nVidia, otherwise don't bitch and moan at what they do. Its their hardware, their technology, they can do what they want with it.
No. It's MY computer. I should be allowed to do with it as I please. They may have made the hardware, but hardlocking me out of doing what I want to do because they're afraid someone might complain is bullshit.

And that excuse is a lie too, by the way. They know that users will have a better experience letting the nV card render physX and using ATI for dedicated 3d acceleration. The last thing they want is people noticing "that other brand."

23. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 17:41 ForgedReality

Riker wrote on May 30, 2010, 17:19:
Settlers 7 is one of my favorite games of the last year. After hearing reports of the game not working properly for those who purchased the game, I decided that UbiSoft won't get a single penny from me. I'll be damned if I'm going to be the fool who pays money for a game that doesn't fucking work properly.

If anything, I'll bet Ubi's DRM is costing them money, because pirates aren't effected any longer, and the bad press has been huge.
So you're admitting you pirated the game? You're promoting the idea of pirating software because you don't agree with the company's views? I'm going to rob your house because I don't like your drapes.

Way to fucking prove them right.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2010, 16:46 ForgedReality

Mmm..

Try making beef jerky in it. It's the shiznit.

You have to smoke it for like 48 hours or something though, but damn.

Don't forget to marinate it for like a week in the fridge first. A vacuum sealed jar works best, if you have the means. So yeah, buy a vacuum sealer too.

16. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 16:37 ForgedReality

Yeah, dude. At least legit customers get to play online.

..Oh, wait, Ubi games are single-player only... Hmm..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2010, 16:14 ForgedReality

Lookit that. They drop the Orange Box by like 80% and everyone and their mother buys 9 copies. That's awesome. Maybe if more games didn't cost fucking $65, we would have more buying and less thieving, huh publishers?

But yeah, a lot of those purchases are probably Mac owners, so they wouldn't know how to pirate anyway.

12. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 16:08 ForgedReality

nin wrote on May 30, 2010, 16:07:
and if your opinion differs from his, you are a thief

He's the Glenn Beck of video games. All that matter is how outlandish the prediction can be, in order to get attention.
Yeah, except, Glenn Beck is a clueless fucking idiot...

...Oh, wait...

9. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 16:04 ForgedReality

The problem is, they're trying to find a scheme that is uncrackable, to keep their games from being pirated at all. They don't want to reduce piracy, they want to prevent it altogether. In order to do that, you end up causing problems for the end users. When pirates get around the little annoyance, they don't suffer the problems that legitimate users suffer.

I can understand them trying to protect their products, but they're going too far in trying to completely remove the element of piracy. When it impacts the user and creates a concern about the future usability of the product, it's too invasive. They need to find a middleground.

The way it is now, it's like.. okay, supermarkets have anti-theft measures in place. But they're measures that are negligible to the customer--they don't really notice them. What Ubisoft has done, is instead of an alarm that might trigger if the customer runs out the door without paying for a product (and only some of the more expensive products), they've attached what equates to a hand grenade to every product in the store, and if it isn't disarmed, once the customer gets out the door, it explodes. What happens if all the techs who know how to disarm the grenades are fired or just up and disappear one day? Now you have all these unusable products that might kill someone.

And what's worse is, these grenades automatically re-arm themselves even after you've purchased the product, so, if one day you go to use it again, and no one is around to disarm it, it can still explode. And the whole time the customer is using the product, the bomb tech needs to be there holding two wires together so it keeps working without consequence. There is no guarantee that they'll go around disarming all the grenades on their way out either.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2010, 15:44 ForgedReality

The fact remains that the investment to do a full QA cycle on this AMD/NVIDIA hybrid GPU configuration is beyond what NVIDIA can support at this time. The cost of maintaining AMD/NVIDIA hybrid configurations is larger than the development expense for PhysX, and I do expect that there are games and configurations where this type of system just wonít work. Please, donít call me :>. Therefore our WHQL certified drivers will continue to have this support disabled.
Oh, please. This is such fucking bullshit. First off, you don't HAVE to support AMD products. JUST SUPPORT YOUR OWN!! This includes, NOT DISABLING A KEY FEATURE WHEN A COMPETING PRODUCT IS PRESENT IN THE SYSTEM.

Asus doesn't worry about supporting QA for Creative products when a user uses a sound card as opposed to Asus' onboard sound. Rosewill doesn't have to worry about supporting QA for Addonics products when a SATA controller from both manufacturers exists in the system. It just works. As does PhysX with ATI. There is zero reason it wouldn't, other than your douchebaggery of disabling it. Fuck you nVidia. This kind of attitude is why I stopped buying your products.

Anyway, the kind of user who is going to do this kind of thing isn't expecting everything to work as it should in the first place. Why would anybody go crying to you when their hack fucked up on Just Cause 2? They're going out of their way to make it work, and that's the kind of PC user who expects a little difficulty when hacking their system. It's part of the reason they do it. There is no reason you should fucking be assholes about it and make up excuses as to the real reason you do what you do.

Even if users didn't have to hack the driver to get them to play together, most people aren't going to bother buying both, in the first place (they'd just buy ATI for the superior experience. XD). The kind of user who does, like I said, is a fiddler, and expects to have to troubleshoot here and there. Nobody would expect nVidia to support that, but nobody expected them to outright DISABLE it either.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2010, 15:49.

News Comments > Mass Effect Multiplayer?
28. Re: Mass Effect Multiplayer? May 30, 2010, 14:18 ForgedReality

Linksil wrote on May 30, 2010, 12:07:
I hate to say it, but this is why you'll always have people arguing over RPG's. Because everyone expects something different from what an RPG "IS". People forget that RPG's are Role Playing Games. You don't have to have leveling, you don't have to have choices, you don't have to have loot gathering to the ends of the earth. All of those are design choices that changes what Type of RPG the game is. ME is an Action RPG. It's an RPG with more action and Dialog centered design.

I hate people complaining about FF games and other RPG's just because they were excepting this big open ended game. At the core and RPG is just you playing a roll inside a game. How much you play the roll and how much you can change that roll is 100% up to the designers. Please stop trying to compare games that are different design element focused like they arn't.
But the problem with that is that players of RPGs expect certain elements to be present in the game's design. The RPG genre started before videogames were really even an option--in the days of the classic table-top nerdfests like Warhammer, Magic, and DnD. In those games, you had established characteristics of gameplay, such as leveling, inventory, skill points, etc. This is where the term RPG stems from, and many of the characteristics from those early games are still often applied to the games that we have today falling under that umbrella.

The other part of the problem with your way of thinking is that you seem to be over-generalizing. If you define a genre too loosely, then you can apply it to any game you want. From your definition, it sounds like you could call Quake, TF2, Bejeweled, and Thief RPGs. In each of those games, you play a role... okay maybe not Bejeweled, but it wouldn't take much loosening up for it to apply there as well.

My point is, the general definition of a genre seems to come from the way the majority think of it. You might have a different idea from someone else of what kinds of things an RPG should include, but the fact remains that the industry defines a genre based on what has traditionally been included in that genre in the past.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch
20. Re: BioShock 2 Patch May 30, 2010, 05:58 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 29, 2010, 22:02:
The idiotic comments of ForgedReality have been blocked.

Is he still running his mouth? Wow, just...wow. Love how some people don't know when to quit.
hahah! It's like he narrates his own tale of hypocrisy.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 30, 2010, 02:57 ForgedReality

Yeah. No real gamers play CS anymore.  

9. Re: Legal Briefs May 30, 2010, 02:55 ForgedReality

Well, maybe this guy just doesn't know what the term "scareware" means. Trust me, if you had a run-in with it, you'd realize that it and what Symantec does are COMPLETELY unrelated in every way possible.  

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo