Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1091 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 3, 2010, 01:26 ForgedReality

Dude's got some moobs on him. And is it just the shitty recording quality, or does that boy have a strange lisp on him too?

What an overrated, waste of money brand. I'm always sure to stay away from any product sporting the Fatality brand. I distrust marketing gimmicks like that. It makes me feel like the product itself is weak if it can't stand on its own merits. They charge you more for an equal or lesser product. You're getting nothing extra with that extra cost other than a stupid brand name. Eff dat. I put them in the same category as Alienware.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 2, 2010, 05:43 ForgedReality

Nobody buying this game will have ever heard of Deus Ex, nor played it, so I'm sure they'll be a bunch of happy n00b gamers on consoles.

Everyone else will just pretend it never existed (like many do for Deus Ex 2 today).

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups
6. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups Jun 2, 2010, 05:35 ForgedReality

I'm not holding my breath for this game. The videos make it look like the gameplay will be pretty similar to its predecessor. Out of like 8 minutes of in-game footage, I saw one other vehicle on the road that wasn't part of a race. Why do they insist on having next to no traffic?

The footage of the player driving through a city or town with no other cars on the road kind of makes the game look soulless, and no traffic really killed the immersion of the first game. I'm probably the only one who would make a big deal out of it, but I like a game that feels alive, and the first one really felt ...weird. I don't know how else to put it.

It was almost like the game was incomplete and didn't have all the content in yet or something. Thousands of miles of road and not another soul in sight. And you can run headlong into a brick facade at 120mph and not have to worry about a scratch.

If they fix those two issues, this one could be great. It looks really nice.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 ATI Hotfix
14. Re: Bad Company 2 ATI Hotfix Jun 1, 2010, 23:57 ForgedReality

Terrible liar ITT.

People making over 100k/yr tend to have some professionalism about them.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 ATI Hotfix
12. Re: Bad Company 2 ATI Hotfix Jun 1, 2010, 23:16 ForgedReality

Hahah! The best poster to ever bless us with his presence is at it again.  

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups
3. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups Jun 1, 2010, 22:32 ForgedReality

Nobody should think of this as a beta test though. Rather, it's a PR move that game distributors like to use to help nudge up the hype surrounding a game.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
21. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 1, 2010, 20:25 ForgedReality

Genesys wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 20:15:
I hope it's the Engineer update for TF2.
Pfft. They still need to do 'Meet the Pyro' and 'Meet the Medic.'

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
8. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 1, 2010, 18:08 ForgedReality

Yeah, but will there be cake??  

News Comments > Memorial Day Metaverse
4. Re: Memorial Day Metaverse Jun 1, 2010, 18:07 ForgedReality

Jonny wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 06:45:
it's extremely useful when you're going somewhere you've never been before to check out what the destination looks like before you set off.
Or for blackmailing someone and organizing a raid on 4chan against your ex, amirite?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 1, 2010, 15:19 ForgedReality

That Google Gravity is pretty cool.. Too bad it uses the old logo.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2010, 15:13 ForgedReality

But it's China. They'll do everything on the cheap, and all their computers will asplode.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2010, 07:07 ForgedReality

And if they keep cranking out shitty console ports, they're going to be a defunct studio.

Or at the very least, irrelevant.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
9. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2010, 05:04 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 31, 2010, 22:42:
did you get dropped on your head or something? yeah because no adobe software ever has installation issues, security problems and adobe is a stranger to clickwrapping Rolleyes she tried to get adobes help and when they couldnt help, she wasnt able to get a refund because of the license terms she couldnt actually open to agree to in the first place. she took them to small claims for the cost of the software, she didnt sue them for 5 million dollars. if you arent smart enough to follow the story then maybe shut up instead of calling women bitches for no reason.
Thanks for the recap, bro! Thumbsup

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2010, 20:35 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 31, 2010, 18:34:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 31, 2010, 17:13:
(I have found the ignore function to be more than useful)

Knew he couldn't post without throwing some wise-ass comment in there.
HEY WHERE'S THAT KETTLE AGAIN?

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. Re: Legal Briefs May 31, 2010, 18:05 ForgedReality

Sue your tech vendor? Did you guys fucking read that article? Wow. Idiot woman probably had a virus on her computer and that's what was causing the Adobe software from installing. Stupid fucking bitch. How is it Adobe's responsibility to fix your fucking computer because you're too much of an idiot not to click every link you receive in your email? YOU HAD TO REINSTALL YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKED UP FAR LONGER THAN YOU REALIZE. No tech support steps are going to mangle your computer to such a degree. Idiot.

Needless to say, I have not bought any other Adobe products. Even opening a PDF makes me nervous!
I rest my case. Stupid bitch barely knows how to operate a computer. Way to make them pay for your ignorance, bitch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2010, 17:48 ForgedReality

to take on The Hobbit after he got the offer instead of Sam Raimi (who wanted it badly).
Thank GOD! Raimi would have fucking RUINED any greatness The Hobbit could have attained (and deserves). Glad somebody had some foresight there.

Hoop wrote on May 31, 2010, 17:05:
The Aperture Laboratories goes into the software business article promised a photo of a goat in a banana but never delivered.
I was really looking forward to seeing that, I won't say my day is ruined, but, ......., ...., no my day is ruined.
+1

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2010, 16:39 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on May 31, 2010, 14:32:
Who created the drivers for those network cards, keyboards, HDDs and mice? Microsoft. So it's Window's job.

Who created the drivers for your video card? Not Windows. So it isn't Windows job.
That's if you use default, built-in drivers. Quite a few keyboards, mice, network cards, etc are made by the manufacturer. It still works with other manufacturers' hardware, becuase THEY DON'T INTENTIONALLY PUT IN CODE TO LOCK OUT COMPETING PRODUCTS.

What happens if you try to run an ATI card and an NVIDIA card in SLI/Crossfire? Is that supported?
This is a COMPLETELY different issue. This is hardware-based, not software. You can't even SLI/CF cards from the SAME manufacturer if they're too different. Anyway, CrossFire is a different interface from SLI, so that wouldn't work anyway, even if the hardware communicated in the same way.

Verno wrote on May 31, 2010, 09:12:
Don't buy an Nvidia card. There is no other solution. Don't support a vendor that tries to permit console style platform lock-in. If you do then you have no room to complain. PhysX is pretty questionable value to begin with anyways.
With that, I'll agree. I actually started typing a post about the questionable nature of PhysX, especially when you consider its counterpart, Havok, is used in many more games, and seems more useful (not to mention, it runs on either the red or green team). The only game I really got any added value from using PhysX was Batman:AA, and possibly to a lesser extent, Mirror's Edge, but that game sucked anyway.

But I digress. The reason I started using hybrid PhysX in the first place was to check it out, and see what the hype was about. I never planned on sticking with it. I had a new 9600GT that I got for free laying around, so I plugged that in to use alongside my x2. I also use my nV card for a second desktop on my dual-input monitor, so that can be useful. I got to like the capability of doing that and experiencing PhysX.

But then one day nVidia decided to put in a lock, and that's actually long extended my usage of PhysX. Otherwise, I would have taken out the nV card long ago and moved on. But now, with them doing that, I guess it's kind of turned into a sort of personal "fuck you" to nVidia for taking such a stance/action. Now I use it because I can, and not just because I was temporarily checking it out.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2010, 16:49.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
60. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 06:52 ForgedReality

Solution: Remove the publisher, and go back to what gaming used to be--great.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 31, 2010, 00:30 ForgedReality

coldcut wrote on May 30, 2010, 19:29:
Yes, I also bought the HL2 series again (got it on DVD bound to another Steam account which I don't use anymore, so I bought it again for my active account). Just playing through it again, the improved graphics are indeed nice and it is really fun again.

Oh and I also got the Warhammer II Gold Edition, was waiting for the price to drop since I didn't have any game yet, and for this price it's just awesome.
Care to tell why you don't use your other account? Did you get VAC banned?

But yeah, yesterday I finished playing through the first Half-Life (not for the first time, of course). I'm going to play through the other three in order as well.

I take my time on games, so maybe by the time I get thru Episode 2 again, they'll have announced a date for Ep3...? :\

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
47. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 00:04 ForgedReality

Is this Nobody friends with Jack Thompson? He sounds a lot like him. And he's a lawyer, like Thompson used to be.

And he soapboxes from a website that caters to PC gamers, and at the end of his little rant, he proclaims that he "HATES PC gamers." Okay. Who is making you rich, again?

1091 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo