Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1506 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
9. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 11:28 ForgedReality

Didn't I hear somewhere that this game has like 38 different endings? I'm sure most of them are merely slightly different lines of dialogue or something, but in a world where every game is scripted and linear, it's damned refreshing to see something where your choices actually have an impact.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
14. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 11:26 ForgedReality

Frags4Fun wrote on May 28, 2015, 11:22:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:55:
Uh I doubt he's talking about including the price of a monitor with a new pc, as most people already have one or hook it up to an existing HDTV.

You're probably right and this guy was only referring to the tower.

Does anyone know if the Rift comes on at boot or if it only comes on after the OS loads the drivers? If it only works after the drivers load then a monitor will be required to configure the BIOS.

VR BIOSes are the future!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Video
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Video May 28, 2015, 11:14 ForgedReality

Looks like typical, dumbed-down console garbage. Shame.  

6. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 11:05 ForgedReality

jomisab wrote on May 28, 2015, 11:01:
ForgedReality wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:54:
I've been doing quests six or more levels ABOVE mine. It's incredibly difficult, and I'm sure I'm going to miss out on some things by doing shit ahead of time, but holy crap this game is too much fun.

Totally. And if CDPR is estimating another 30 hours for the expansions, that probably means another 50-100 hours of actual in-game time.

I'm totally buying them. This has been the best gaming purchase in pretty much ever for me, and I got the $150 Collector's Edition. When I get my 980ti and 40" 4k monitor, I'm so playing it over again. Maybe I won't import my Witcher 2 final savegame this time to see how things are different. Such a glorious game.

And Fuck Worth-A-Buy for being soooooo way off base with his shitty, ignorant review. >:\

2. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 10:54 ForgedReality

I've been doing quests six or more levels ABOVE mine. It's incredibly difficult, and I'm sure I'm going to miss out on some things by doing shit ahead of time, but holy crap this game is too much fun.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
9. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 10:48 ForgedReality

Nope. Yet more reason the Vive will slaughter this piece of shit in its sleep.  

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
33. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 18:42 ForgedReality

KilrathiAce wrote on May 27, 2015, 17:52:
Tumbler wrote on May 27, 2015, 13:28:
I'm really impressed with Witcher 3. I'm thinking about ducking out of work early today...again!, to go home and play it. It's fantastic. It reminds me of red dead redemption a lot because I'm spending a lot of time riding around on my horse and the world is so fun to explore. The side quests are really well done, I get a little annoyed with the main story quests because that get a little too wordy in their story bits. Doing side quests is fun because you can do a lot of them very quickly and there is often some very meaty content there. I'm getting spoiled burning through those and seeing so much then I come back to the main story and the game slows way down for all this talking.

The crafting system is also a lot of fun. It's just complicated enough to be interesting but getting ingredients and building things is very simple and rewarding. I love that you have to visit all sorts of different people to get all the recipes you'll need and often take them to others to let them build it.

I found a dragon too, I don't think they call it a dragon, but it was lvl 14 and was guarding a little castle. My goal is to level up to that and go get into that castle. I think there is something in there that is supposed to help me get a better set of armor.

Oh, Cyberpunk, yeah I want to see that eventually but the Witcher 3 is way more than I expected and it's got me so distracted from Cyberpunk 2077 I'm fine with them having nothing to say. Hell just make a total conversion mod for Witcher 3, this game rocks. Make more games like this.

Its interesting? One can beat entire game without any thinking just button mashing even on hardest difficulty, its a fact. If thats interesting then wow.

Again, please play the game before you start making unfounded accusations such as this. Thanks.

32. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 18:40 ForgedReality

KilrathiAce wrote on May 27, 2015, 17:48:
Will they actually put any development work and hours into actual gameplay, physics, actual ai etc? Because if Witcher 3 is anything to go by... sad

How so? It sounds like you haven't even played the game at all, and are merely going off of Mac's completely way-off-base Worth-A-Buy. He had a handful of hours in the game without ever having played a previous Witcher game, and he didn't take the time to understand it.

All of those things you mentioned are great, even AI, with the exception of a couple of really rare things that would be easy to fix with a patch. For example, characters walking into a horse on the path, which I have not experienced, but I'd also rather play the game than sit there and try to nitpick over tiny little things that don't in any way impact my enjoyment of the game...

26. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 16:25 ForgedReality

Trevellian wrote on May 27, 2015, 15:47:
TOO EARLY TO DISCUSS?

You released a Teaser Trailer for it 2 fucking years ago.

Now you're telling me you haven't even started working on the game? I'm so tired of companies doing this shit. Don't even announce the thing if you're not going to work on it for 2 years.

Unreal.

Calm. I've had the game in my Amazon Wishlist since Dec 2, 2013. Sure, we've known about it forever, but they have a small team, and can't afford to divide themselves amongst too many large projects.

This isn't some email campaign that they can flesh out in a couple of hours. You start the early stages by researching, planning, discussing with the owners of the trademarks and materials, getting legal approval, paperwork, etc. You don't go balls-out on a project of this scale without your ducks in a row first, at least not when you're a small dev house like CDPR. It could be years before you get past the planning stage, especially when you have other projects that are more well known, such as The Witcher series, which has to take priority since it is more guaranteed of a return on investment.

Just breathe deep. Everything will be okay.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 12:53 ForgedReality

Jamil20 wrote on May 27, 2015, 12:47:
ForgedReality wrote on May 27, 2015, 11:16:
The rumor mills have been churning out tons of information, it just hasn't been making it to "legitimate" sites. That September update was the rumor from late last year. It's coming within a week, if you believe the hypetrain that's happening right now. If it's under $700, I may buy two and overclock them. AMD isn't even in the cards anymore (unintentional pun), not since my 4870x2.

Most people are saying to wait for news about the 390x next month(?).

That thing is going to be close to the cost of the Titan X, and it won't be great for 4k gaming since it only has 4gb ram. Plus, faster memory isn't going to create a godsend of a card for AMD. The GPU will be the bottleneck. It's not going to perform as well as some people think, I'm betting. And for how expensive the memory is, the cost of the card will be so high, it won't even be worth it.

And anyway, nVidia has given me a far better experience than AMD/ATi. Their drivers are much better, their technology and ecosystem overall are just awesome. I'd hate not having Hairworks and PhysX. The Witcher 3 even uses PhysX, and you reportedly take a huge performance hit going with AMD with that game since the PhysX can't be turned off and is running in software with AMD. It's just nicer on the green side of the fence.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 12:09 ForgedReality

And here we go... June 2nd is the release date.

wccftech

Already know it's my next card. This GTX580 has served me well, but it's high time I moved on.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 11:16 ForgedReality

Task wrote on May 27, 2015, 11:04:
Finally some more news on the Ti version, sweet! Some awesome specs on that puppy. I hope by "imminent" they mean BEFORE August/September like the previous rumor.

The rumor mills have been churning out tons of information, it just hasn't been making it to "legitimate" sites. That September update was the rumor from late last year. It's coming within a week, if you believe the hypetrain that's happening right now. If it's under $700, I may buy two and overclock them. AMD isn't even in the cards anymore (unintentional pun), not since my 4870x2.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
63. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 22:29 ForgedReality

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2015, 20:48:
ForgedReality wrote on May 26, 2015, 20:30:
Wait, so can someone explain to me why the rebinding that existed before the patch wasn't sufficient? I never felt the need to rebind anything. In fact, I never even went into that menu.

You're right! Every developer should follow CD Projekt's shining example IMMEDIATELY and lock people into a fixed controls scheme!
Let's go back to the 1990s where every game required you to learn a new control scheme that you could not change!
Kickstarter is proof that people want old school anyway! So what a great idea to bring back the old school fun of locked control schemes! Rejoice everyone!

I play the game as the devs intended.

Wow! Really? You, Sir, are a hero and an exemplar!

Remember back in the day when rebinding was not even a consideration? When movement keys were up, down, left, and right? When there was no jump or crouch or lean or ironsights? When you had to just take what you were given and fucking learn to press the right keys to do the right thing?

Yeah, man, totally! Let's throw away a decade or more of what some dumbshits are calling "progress". What the hell do they know? Heretics! They wouldn't know an awesome fixed control scheme if it screwed them in the ass and called them Sally!

It's just like learning anything new. You drive a car, if it's an automatic, you learn how that works, and you do it. Then, later, you want to drive a manual, so you change your technique a little bit, but you still learn how to do it, and it works. Then you learn to ride a motorcycle; it's got completely different controls and a whole new set of physics to consider, but you learn how and you just do it and it works. You don't call the manufacturer and go, "hey, this isn't the same as the car I'm used to driving. It would be great if I could press the right pedal to go faster, and if you could figure out a way to have a steering wheel and not have to clutch with my left hand and shift with my left foot..." You learn how to do it; you don't bitch about it.

Ah, finally the overdue car analogy in this epic post of yours! Whew... glad we got that sorted out.

Why is it a huge major catastrophe when you have keys you have to learn to use because it's not exactly the same as every other game you play? Man up. XD

There you have it folks. Like most things in life it all boils down to the POWER OF THE MOST HAIRY BALLSACK at the end of the day.

Or maybe I'm just way off base, and you all just want to use F1, F2, F3, F4 instead of WASD, and that's actually the new control scheme and I'm just out of the loop.

Nah, dude. You're totally on top of things here. Everything is fine. Relax.

WOW!! Thanks for the totally mature and intelligent response! I'm so glad I asked a question on Bluesnews.

It also went way the fuck over your head.

I was ASKING A QUESTION. I never went into the menu before, but there was a rebind keys entry there. How is it different now? Was it not sufficient? How is this improving things? Why do I have to ask the same fucking question twice? Can someone with a brain please chime in here instead of this badass-on-the-internet troll?

Thanks!

59. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 20:30 ForgedReality

Wait, so can someone explain to me why the rebinding that existed before the patch wasn't sufficient? I never felt the need to rebind anything. In fact, I never even went into that menu.

I play the game as the devs intended. Remember back in the day when rebinding was not even a consideration? When movement keys were up, down, left, and right? When there was no jump or crouch or lean or ironsights? When you had to just take what you were given and fucking learn to press the right keys to do the right thing?

It's just like learning anything new. You drive a car, if it's an automatic, you learn how that works, and you do it. Then, later, you want to drive a manual, so you change your technique a little bit, but you still learn how to do it, and it works. Then you learn to ride a motorcycle; it's got completely different controls and a whole new set of physics to consider, but you learn how and you just do it and it works. You don't call the manufacturer and go, "hey, this isn't the same as the car I'm used to driving. It would be great if I could press the right pedal to go faster, and if you could figure out a way to have a steering wheel and not have to clutch with my left hand and shift with my left foot..." You learn how to do it; you don't bitch about it.

Why is it a huge major catastrophe when you have keys you have to learn to use because it's not exactly the same as every other game you play? Man up. XD

Or maybe I'm just way off base, and you all just want to use F1, F2, F3, F4 instead of WASD, and that's actually the new control scheme and I'm just out of the loop.

Also, I don't get why people were saying there's no strafe in this game. There is, and it's fucking perfect. There's strafe when you need/want it (combat) and it's yaw adjustment when you want that (moving places). I wish every single game on the planet were exactly like that.

24. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:01 ForgedReality

I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece.

I heartily disagree with most of what Mac says in his Worth A Buy review of the game (with only 10 hours under his belt, by the way), and that's a first for me. I've never before disagreed with him so thoroughly.

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
13. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 17:23 ForgedReality

siapnar wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:04:
ViRGE wrote on May 21, 2015, 15:56:
Give me NFS3 HD any day of the week.
If they pretty much did this or High Stakes HD, I can't see it being a flop.

Need to go back to basics for once

Yeah, I don't get what people see in those shitty NFS games where you do 0-100mph in 1 second and take a 120 degree turn at 200mph without even slowing down and losing almost no traction. Give me a game that takes skill, without all the flashy visual effects and magical abilities, and I'm happy.

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
2. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 12:54 ForgedReality

Oh yay. More arcade garbage... They need to hire someone who knows how to develop a racing game akin to the games they used to make when they likely had a completely different dev team (High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed). That's the only way they'll make another good Need For Speed.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 11:56 ForgedReality

Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 20, 2015, 21:42 ForgedReality

At least you get to play. I have to wait until Friday. :\  

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
3. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 15:57 ForgedReality

jacobvandy wrote on May 20, 2015, 15:02:
ForgedReality wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:37:
So, HL3 features a minigame where you're driving Dr. Kleiner around in a limousine, CONFIRMED.

You're thinking chauffeur.

See? They want to throw you off the scent! Clever Valve.

1506 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo