Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1134 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2014, 12:34 ForgedReality

Assuming the unlocking bill passes, it will be one of the 113th Congress' few accomplishments. The current Congress has passed 126 laws, many of which were "must pass" bills to fund ongoing government operations. That puts it on track to be the least productive Congress in history. That record is currently held by the 112th Congress, which passed 284 bills before it ended in 2013.

#thanksobama

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 01:14 ForgedReality

Sepharo wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 00:26:
jimnms wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 23:59:
nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:24:
Google+ kills off “real names” policy.

Huh! A little surprising, considering how much push they put into it...

Wonder if they'll do the same for youtube...I still get prompted to use my "real name" or account name.

Really? I think it asked me for my real name once, when YouTube started requiring Google+, and I just told it I didn't want to use my real name and I haven't been asked since.

You've been very lucky then. There was about a year there where I was being asked weekly, sometimes daily. Other times I'd go to my favorites, see they were all gone and find I had been automatically logged into my Google account instead of my YouTube. Once I ended up with a new Google+ account but with my YouTube name for a total of 3 Google accounts. Now I can maintain my subscriptions, favorites, etc using my classic YouTube account but if I want to make a comment or thumbs up a comment it makes me "login" despite already being logged in... I suspect that it's logging me into my Google account but pretending it's still my YouTube account.

My guess is that they finally gave up because they know who everyone is anyway.

I've never been asked either. I have a YouTube account that I had before Google bought it, and I have my Google+ account. Both are separate. Google knows they are both my accounts and I can log into either for YouTube, but I only really use the "fake name" one for YouTube, and the real name one for G+. I've never been asked as far as I can recall.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 14, 2014, 15:32 ForgedReality

You now have the Worms theme melody in your head.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
88. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jul 11, 2014, 15:33 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 06:36:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:44:
So when they re-release movies in a superior format, it should be half of the normal price for a movie?
Yes, or more specifically it should be released at the same price as the original release. Movie studios are fleecing people for something that costs them very little to produce.

Aren't they the same price as the original release? Freak

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
7. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 10:39 ForgedReality

Ever since before I tried the PC demo, I knew this was going to be overhyped garbage. Then I tried the demo, and it just solidified that sentiment. Once the novelty wears off, it's Just Another Mediocre Shooter™. Didn't offer enough originality or even fun to warrant a purchase from me. I'm surprised people still play it. :\  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
15. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 10:33 ForgedReality

Gustang wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:28:
Best $75 I've spent in a long while.

$75!?! WTF?! I bought it for like $1 or some ridiculously-almost-free price back in alpha.

Bought one for my friend too, and we play on my server from time to time. Haven't played in a few weeks, but I think we'll get back to it soon. We've been playing on the same world for over a year now I think. We build a settlement, explore all the caves we can find, build cool shit, then go exploring and build another settlement. We have 4 or 5 now, and they're linked by torch trails and/or portal passages. We've got some CRAZY shit built. It's amazing the amount of entertainment and even content you can create for yourself in Minecraft. It's why this game has taken off so much--YOU create the game, instead of being locked into a pre-determined path or set of rules.

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
12. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 10:29 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:14:
Its kind of sad to see that in the park though. Whats the point of going outside to play if they are basically still playing minecraft on their ipads or whatever?? Sigh...50 years from now kids wont even know what a tree looks like in real life, they will probably recognise one in a picture on their tablet of choice...

At the rate we're going, who is to say if we'll even be around in 50 years?

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2014, 14:58 ForgedReality

Hmm... So when a famous art piece sells for $100,000,000, it's no longer art?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 18:29 ForgedReality

Shok wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 17:01:
I liked all the Star Trek series except DS9. It was too political and boring on one space station all the time instead of exploring new worlds.

Also, Enterprise was ok but kind of cheesy in parts (see Captain's beagle *groan*)

I didn't like DS9 that much as a kid, but somewhat recently, I watched through all of TNG, and then all of DS9, and I have to say, I found DS9 to be the vastly superior show. It had a much deeper and more compelling story than TNG, which was just a haphazardly strung together series of episodes with little relationship between them.

I can tell you there was a shit ton of boring shit in TNG too (anything involving Whoopi Goldberg; every time Data went on soul-searching escapades; every single time Lwaxana was on screen)... However, Babylon 5, start to finish, was also far better than any Trek shit to have ever come along, so...

84. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 14:44 ForgedReality

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 00:19:
Redmask wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:28:

They're adding additional release platforms, not double dipping.

They are releasing it a year after launch with some graphical enhancements for FULL price. Sorry, but there's no justification for this thing costing $60.

So when they re-release movies in a superior format, it should be half of the normal price for a movie?

When an auto manufacturer releases next year's version of the same model of a car which is exactly the same as last year, just with some minor cosmetic changes, they should charge half the price?

This is more than just an add-on to an existing game. It's a whole game. Why the fuck should it cost less just because it's made for a different platform? That's retard logic right there. Sorry, but there's no justification for your fucking shitty arguments being so mind-numbingly ludicrous. :\

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
19. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:31 ForgedReality

They can always monetize it later with a $20 first-week DLC to add in a female role. GOOD THINKING, UBI! WAY TO DRIVE THAT BOTTOM LINE. =D  

45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 13:20 ForgedReality

Yakubs wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 13:14:
As a married homeowner, it cracks me up that people pay $60 to run virtual errands and enjoy it too.

That's only if you game on a console.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 12:59 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 08:59:
Didn't like the way the batmobile shimmied around.

But Scarecrow looked fucking awesome at the end...

How in the fuck does he say "beloved" and "oblivion" without lips? I hate stupid shit like that. The same thing happened in The Dark Knight, when Two-Face had a gaping hole in the side of his mouth, and yet he was able to talk normally and didn't slobber all over himself.

Try it yourself. Put your fingers in your mouth and try to say any word containing b's or m's. You can't.

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 12:35 ForgedReality

Fantaz wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:45:
this is awesome!

and great timing for me, because Rockstar Games just contacted me for a job interview right around seeing the GTA5 news and i'm hyped as hell! probably wouldn't get to work on GTA5 if i landed the position but still pretty happy.

Have fun answering phones and/or taking out the trash!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 17:24 ForgedReality

I've been using 1440p for YEARS (like 1999 and prior). It's 16:10, so a little taller than 16:9, and I like it that way. 2304x1440. Gaming at this resolution is spectacular and I've never had an issue with scaling--I like the smaller UI elements.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
16. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 17:17 ForgedReality

Nobody cares.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 29, 2014, 16:47 ForgedReality

TrueCrypt considered HARMFUL

Or maybe that's just what they WANT you to think, so you switch to something the NSA can actually read... *shifty eyes*

12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 15:30 ForgedReality

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:25:
ForgedReality wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:10:
You CAN'T be serious! Holy shit! Either you're trolling, or you're 9.

Or he's from a country other than the US where Reading Rainbow wasn't aired.

Cutter, Reading Rainbow was a kids show that encouraged literacy and a love of learning, It was hosted most often by Levar Burton.

But it's practically got its own set of memes online. Who doesn't know that theme song?

10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 15:10 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:30:
A) What's Reading Rainbow? I take it it's a kid's show like Mr. Rogers or something?

You CAN'T be serious! Holy shit! Either you're trolling, or you're 9.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 14:28 ForgedReality

I STILL have a CRT. 24" Sony FW-900. Best monitor EVER MADE. Bar none. It's perfectly flat, not curved, 16:10 aspect ratio, and it goes up to 2304x1440@80hz (and I game at that), has far better color gamut than these shitty LCDs, and I'm not stuck to a single resolution.

I can't wait for technology to catch up to CRT again...

1134 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo