Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1117 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 15:30 ForgedReality

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:25:
ForgedReality wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:10:
You CAN'T be serious! Holy shit! Either you're trolling, or you're 9.

Or he's from a country other than the US where Reading Rainbow wasn't aired.

Cutter, Reading Rainbow was a kids show that encouraged literacy and a love of learning, It was hosted most often by Levar Burton.

But it's practically got its own set of memes online. Who doesn't know that theme song?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 15:10 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:30:
A) What's Reading Rainbow? I take it it's a kid's show like Mr. Rogers or something?

You CAN'T be serious! Holy shit! Either you're trolling, or you're 9.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 14:28 ForgedReality

I STILL have a CRT. 24" Sony FW-900. Best monitor EVER MADE. Bar none. It's perfectly flat, not curved, 16:10 aspect ratio, and it goes up to 2304x1440@80hz (and I game at that), has far better color gamut than these shitty LCDs, and I'm not stuck to a single resolution.

I can't wait for technology to catch up to CRT again...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 14:30 ForgedReality

See? I've been saying this for months. I knew it was a wait-and-see, and I was hedging my bets on it being a boring, uninspired, repetitive hunk of overrated garbage, and it turns out I was right! Same shit happened with Titanfall, BF4, and countless others. Only buy games that aren't extraordinarily hyped, and you're fine.  

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
9. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 12:42 ForgedReality

ochentay4 wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:31:
The closest thing to *REAL* crippling was done by nVidia in regards to forbidding PhysX from working universally. Turned out to not be that big of a deal, but yeah... that was definitely, to quote the nVidia employee "bullshit" (that's some mature classiness there nVidia employee...).

PhysX does work universally, you just have to do it in the CPU with AMD, but it works. I've done it. It only works on nVidia hardware because it's their technology, and they can dictate who gets to use it. I'm sure that even if nVidia offered to license it out, AMD wouldn't pay the fees, and so we'd still be in the same place we are now.

Years ago, I ran an old nVidia card in conjunction with my AMD 4870x2. I used the nVidia card for handling JUST the PhysX, and the x2 for the graphics. It worked great, and it wasn't too hard to set up.

Since then, I think they may have changed the drivers so you can't do that anymore, but that could just be to alleviate any responsibility from people breaking their systems and then trying to blame nVidia or something, but I won't speculate, unlike what some seem to want to do in this thread...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 22, 2014, 16:03 ForgedReality

Stereotypes exist because they're true!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2014, 12:45 ForgedReality

My money's on "extremely overhyped." I love that the PC is finally getting the recognition it deserves from the terrified console community though. Rightly so. Consoles have never had the power to compete, so they pretend like PC gaming is "dead" to make themselves feel better.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 22, 2014, 11:38 ForgedReality

People still play this? O.o  

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
4. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 10:21 ForgedReality

Is it just me or is this trend getting fucking tiresome to anyone else? I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS ZOMBIE SHIT. Everything these days is about zombies. Holy shit, how unimaginative and boring can you be? I'd like to buy some originality, Alex.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2014, 10:27.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 14, 2014, 10:14 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:10:
Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:05:
InBlack wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:02:
Im not looking forward to that. I enjoy driving way too much.

Everyday driving sucks IMO, if I'm going to cut loose or whatever I would rather do that on a track or on a road trip. The rest of the time let me drink my coffee, read the news and actually use my commute to do something useful.

I walk to work, so I guess you have a point. I wasnt talking about cutting loose though, although thats part of it, simply driving is pleasurable for me. I dont know why that is.

I love driving, no matter what I'm doing. I don't even mind traffuck. I just love to drive. If you don't like driving, you're driving the wrong car.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
12. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 12:46 ForgedReality

DrSquick wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:08:
Fuck, I wish Bethsoft would patch Skyrim for that.

Does it look good, or is it similar to the "soap opera" effect that you get on the 120hz TVs that do frame interpolation; where it looks "off" or unnatural. Do you know the effect I am referring to? My screen is only 60hz, so I can't tell if this video accurately represents it, but here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dE6HPIAJM

That would depend on your monitor. You're going to notice it blurring more on a cheap, piece of shit LCD.

But really, "extreme" frame rate support? By letting your monitor drivers use the refresh rates of the resolutions it supports like every other game does? I like how they cite 144 and then use fps instead of hz. Obviously, these fucking nimwits have no clue what they're talking about. >:\

This comment was edited on May 13, 2014, 12:51.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 10, 2014, 17:42 ForgedReality

The Half Elf wrote on May 10, 2014, 13:48:
1080p I believe, but at 60fps on a PS4.... call me skeptical.

Because it doesn't use half of the graphical details and effects of which the game is capable. If you want all that, you play on PC.

News Comments > Project Temporality This Month
1. Re: Project Temporality This Month May 9, 2014, 20:05 ForgedReality

Project Temporality... That's ... Kind of annoyingly-named. :\  

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
13. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 20:04 ForgedReality

...But it's on Origin. Euch!  

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
13. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 10:45 ForgedReality

Quboid wrote on May 6, 2014, 10:17:
...by it's nature...

"It's" is ALWAYS a contraction for "it is" (or, less common, "it has").

The More You Know...

XD

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday
15. Re: Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday May 1, 2014, 23:57 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on May 1, 2014, 23:32:
Task wrote on May 1, 2014, 23:21:
Wow these fucks had the gall to interview and showboat Blackwater criminals, "herp derp we ain't do nothing wrong, we do no bad!" - Lying Asshole McGee working for Asshole Government.

This is why I hate CoD, glorying bullshit like this.

So here is a video of Criminal Blackwater, known now as "Xe" since they keep changing their name, enjoy. They treat people like they are nothing. Oh, and Erik Prince believes in exterminating every Muslim in the world, he's a two-bit racist, asshole fascist.

Word. Nothing but greedy mercs. Screw those guys.

They are there to do a job and to survive. There are explosives and insurgents everywhere waiting to target convoys just like this... Would you stop? That's a good way to get killed, and it's a very real threat that insurgents will try to slow down or impede the convoy in some way to make them an easier target. My cousin was involved in such attacks, but has luckily survived thus far, while some of his fellow Rangers have not.

News Comments > GeForce Watch Dogs Support
3. Re: GeForce Watch Dogs Support Apr 30, 2014, 12:21 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:02:
if the game sucks tho, i wont care about the gfx at all

I'm betting on sucks. Any game with this much press (and all the focus on the graphics), I can essentially guarantee they haven't spent enough time on the gameplay. It's like Titanfall--once the shiny, new novelty wears off, it will get old as fuck. Not holding my breath. There hasn't been a really good game in a really long time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 01:36 ForgedReality

Frantic Planes

FUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A BITCH GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:\

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod Apr 28, 2014, 11:00 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:51:
Who has seen the Russian movie of the same name, that the game is based on? I have to admit I watched it recently and found it to be too slow. But the premise and some of the scenes are fucking awesome.

Isn't it based on a series of books?

News Comments > Dota 2 Spring Cleaning Next Week
4. Re: Dota 2 Spring Cleaning Next Week Apr 26, 2014, 20:10 ForgedReality

Yakubs wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 16:28:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 14:35:
Ferazel wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 12:07:
. However, this game is a worldwide phenomenon and easily the #1 played game on Steam. This game is huge!

That is mind boggling. MOBA games are RTS-lite, ARPG-lite at best, neither of which are particularly skill-gated to entry level play. But whatever floats the popular boats I guess. Stay off my lawn, kids!

These games require almost an entirely different skillset versus RTSs and they have virtually nothing in common with ARPGs. But thanks for exposing yourself as a huge ignoramus.

+1

1117 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo