Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1127 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
30. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 16:10 ForgedReality

It's also a game. If your life revolves that much around it, maybe you should seriously consider taking a break.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2010, 16:07 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 16:00:
This is the uncomfortable conversation point where everyone avoids making eye contact with you, in case you were wondering.
I was only half joking.

28. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 15:42 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 14:52:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 14:42:
Guys, you cry too fucking much. Would you rather Valve be like EA or Activision and just rush the fucking thing out the door in order to cash in quick with a fucking horridly incomplete game?

Yeah, I thought not.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
Are you meaning to suggest I haven't heard of Valve Time?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2010, 15:39 ForgedReality

I think my liberal use of ABP has prevented any real ailments of my machine. Although, I keep disinfecting family members' computers on a continual basis. I've spent many hours in personal contact with many different malware/scareware lately.

It's sickening to see people stooping to such tactics (the virus-writers). I put these pathetic individuals in the same group as the pieces of shit who rob convenience stores, murder, rape, vandalize, steal cars, etc. They all deserve to be lined up and fucking shot in the face. They are doing nothing to assert that they deserve to live. All they do is make life more difficult for others. We have no room for people like that. Let them be killed so we can get on with our lives without the constant threat of someone fucking up the planet for everyone else. It's shit like that that keeps us from growing as a species.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2010, 14:49 ForgedReality

I like how they have a giant screen at that news station, and the computer that powers it is running Firefox. Thumbsup  

22. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 14:42 ForgedReality

Guys, you cry too fucking much. Would you rather Valve be like EA or Activision and just rush the fucking thing out the door in order to cash in quick with a fucking horridly incomplete game?

Yeah, I thought not.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2010, 04:40 ForgedReality

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 23:52:
Bet wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 22:08:
ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 19:51:
Pc gaming is dead PC gaming is dead!! Dead dead dead oh wait!
It's even more dead now that Steam is on Macs. Deader than dead. Zombie-like, even.
So a Mac doesn't qualify as a Personal Computer?

So... You've never heard of L4D?

News Comments > Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor
27. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 9, 2010, 02:50 ForgedReality

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 23:11:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 22:07:
Guys stop mentioning TF3. They haven't even finished TF2 yet. Good lord, people.
That hasn't stopped them in the past (L4D). They'll probably delay Portal 2 while they finish porting it to Source2.
They didn't make Left 4 Dead. They bought it and released it. Both games aren't exactly the greatest idea ever had, either.

Hoop wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 01:28:
You will all be appeased with footage of Alex's pert breasts and tight A$$ jiggling all the more for the extra source.

What a jiggling pussy may look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHbNlxRNBQ
Alyx*

Also, I can't fap to this! O.o

12. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 8, 2010, 22:21 ForgedReality

DangerDog wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 22:13:
I wouldn't doubt they've been working on HL3, the whole mini-episode thing turned out to be a joke.

I wouldn't exactly call the Episodes "mini..."

10. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 8, 2010, 22:07 ForgedReality

Guys stop mentioning TF3. They haven't even finished TF2 yet. Good lord, people.  

News Comments > Get Dead Space 2 E3 Footage Early
4. Re: Get Dead Space 2 E3 Footage Early Jun 8, 2010, 19:43 ForgedReality

Oooh a whole day early!! I'm so excited to get my name signed onto some spam list! Yeah! I think I'll do this twice!

Or wait a few hours and see it with everyone else, and not have to add another email to your auto-delete filter.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: 25 Years of Rare Jun 8, 2010, 18:23 ForgedReality

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 15:16:
Never played a single one of those games..
Missin' out. The latest couple were great.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2010, 18:00 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 08:57:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 03:32:
Researcher promises petabyte Hyper-CDs as we struggle to maintain interest.
Dude's trollin' y'all!

Read, comprehend, post.

HAHA FUNNY! Did you? Here. I'll quote the pertinent tidbit to make it easier for you.

Pavel also claims a 5,000 year disc lifetime, which is interesting, because back in 2000 he talked to PC World about another disc that could last 5,000 years -- one that would store a whopping 10TB. There is, apparently, no expiration date on his optimism. Ours, however, is getting a wee bit stale.

News Comments > Driver Tease
16. Re: Driver Tease Jun 8, 2010, 16:45 ForgedReality

Drezden wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 07:41:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 22:21:
I think someone should do an unofficial mod to i82 which actually FINISHES the game, because it's extremely clear that Activision just wanted to rush the fucking game to hit its release date, and the devs weren't given proper time to complete it. It's really sad because that could have been a great game, but there's a ton of hidden content in there that was cut a the last minute and merely disabled. I figure they only got like 60% of the way through the dev cycle before Activision said "HEY GUYS LET'S CASH IN! :D"

Fuckers.

You have no idea how much I'82 pained me. I was a very hardcore I'76 player, one of the last 100 who stayed until the games very end. We were all asked to Beta Test I'82 as a result since we played the original so long. Playing the beta was just heartbreaking after spending years playing I'76. What made 76 great was the depth of customizability. It was right on par with Mechwarrior and had the entire weight and mounting system, so you could have tournaments in what we called the AVA, the official Auto Vigilante Association. It was a basic ruleset that a few players came up with for competition play. Including such things as Weight classes. (So you could avoid lopsided matches. i.e. a Corvette Stingray with 2 roof mounted Homing Rockets and 2 Heavy Machineguns in the front grill, vs a Shelby Cobra with only 2 available roof mounts).

I miss I'76 deeply, but if they're just going to make another hollow sequal to it like 82 was. I'd rather Activision just stay away from the franchise altogether. Last time they touch it they just made the bastardized console versions, Vigilante 8 and it's sequals.

I'82 also broke the one major rule they established in I'76. As Skeeter would say "Never, get out of the car.", It's why Groove's sister was killed for christ sake.
Yeah, I loved I'76 as well. I still have the box and everything. I also, unfortunately, have the box for i82 as well, but that game was such a huge disappointment. The major improvement it had was in the graphics department. But if you actually dig into that game, there is hidden content that was cut from the game, and they tacked on an ending just to get the thing out the door. That was my original point. If they could take everything that made i76 great, and update it to be a modern game (though not the setting), that would be awesome. I used to love playing online with friends. That game was badass.

And about never getting out of the car, I think that might have been a result of the technical limitations of the engine, so they made it a part of the game to keep customers from going, "why can't I get out the car and steal a better/less damaged one??"

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2010, 03:32 ForgedReality

Researcher promises petabyte Hyper-CDs as we struggle to maintain interest.
Dude's trollin' y'all!

10. Re: Driver Tease Jun 8, 2010, 02:46 ForgedReality

I love how in a story about Driver, nobody gives a shit about Driver.  

2. Re: Driver Tease Jun 7, 2010, 22:21 ForgedReality

I think someone should do an unofficial mod to i82 which actually FINISHES the game, because it's extremely clear that Activision just wanted to rush the fucking game to hit its release date, and the devs weren't given proper time to complete it. It's really sad because that could have been a great game, but there's a ton of hidden content in there that was cut a the last minute and merely disabled. I figure they only got like 60% of the way through the dev cycle before Activision said "HEY GUYS LET'S CASH IN! :D"

Fuckers.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 22:03 ForgedReality

Tasering. Hmm, I suppose the degree to which the father "overreacted" is directly related to the hotness factor of the daughter.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus Jun 7, 2010, 19:13 ForgedReality

kxmode wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 18:05:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 17:57:
I remember the days when you bought a game, you'd get a box, physical media, and lots of neat goodies with it, like posters, a spiral-bound 300 page manual that included all kinds of back story, historical facts, etc...

Now, you're lucky if you get a working game.

You forgot the part where we had to walk in 2 feet of snow, up a hill, to Egghead Software.

I used to work there. >_>

The story they told us when they closed all the stores was that they were going strictly online. I have a theory that they then became Newegg. It would make sense, since shortly thereafter Newegg came onto the scene.

Of course, I've heard tell that this isn't true, but I'd like to think so anyway.

News Comments > Deep Shadows Games Translated
6. Re: Deep Shadows Games Translated Jun 7, 2010, 19:07 ForgedReality

Wait, Precursors, the Star Control 2 thing?  

1127 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo