Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1145 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 11, 2010, 04:42 ForgedReality

frag.machine wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 23:19:
And I wish the game would be able to remember my last search filter, as used to be since always.
Yeah dude. Since at least the latest updates, it doesn't do this anymore. It used to, because I didn't used to have to keep filtering by under 100 ping and "has users playing." What the fuck did they break?!

I don't recall the bit about the favorites removal issue, but I guess I've never tried to remove a favorite, as I don't really use that tab all that much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2010, 21:36 ForgedReality

Wolfen wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 14:44:
Man we could have really learned so much from Nikola Tesla. =(
...Didn't we?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 10, 2010, 01:55 ForgedReality

edit - oops  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 10, 2010, 01:54 ForgedReality

re: Google

Seriously? Why is everyone making a huge deal out of this? It's non-news. I mean, really, who cares if some unencrypted wireless networks are detected by Google. NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THAT INFORMATION, ASIDE FROM IDLE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE AND USE YOUR INTERNET FROM THEIR LAPTOP.

It feels like some people have some kind of agenda and stand to benefit somehow from blowing shit like this way out of proportion in an effort to sow fear and ignorance.

This is not some severe security issue. It's not as if someone stole your CC# and SSN. It's the names of unsecured wireless networks. Big fucking deal. Can we please stop talking about it now?

If Google was going to do anything with it, it probably relates to their plans for some new network rollout, and they might have wanted to know what areas would benefit most from it.

But seriously, even if you DO have an unsecured wireless network, nobody is going to hack into your computer with it. It's no more dangerous for Google to have collected the information than for your neighbors to see your wireless signal broadcasting. It's not like they BROKE INTO YOUR HOME and STOLE THE INFORMATION. It's broadcasting itself already. Chill the fuck out!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Engineer Update Live
12. Re: Various Steam Patch confusion Jul 10, 2010, 01:40 ForgedReality

ViRGE wrote on Jul 9, 2010, 15:46:
jimnms wrote on Jul 9, 2010, 00:25:
ViRGE wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 23:41:
There seems to be a bug in the Steam client. It just made me download 3.1GB of data for the TF2 update.
Are you sure it actually downloaded that much? The download meter on mine (or whatever it's called) scared me when I saw it showing 8GB to be downloaded. I was relieved to see that it started at 7.5GB, so it's only downloading about 500MB.

Perhaps they're using the same algorithm Apple used to calculate the signal strength on the iPhone.
Yes, it actually downloaded that much. I was looking on the Steam Forums yesterday and apparently I wasn't the only person with the problem. Steam apparently decided a number of people needed to re-download TF2 assets they already had.

No it doesn't. It showed I needed to download around 8 gb, too. This was after I quit the client because the update started fucking up and pausing itself. I restarted Steam, and then the total size went from like 400mb or something (I don't actually remember what it was, just that it was a lot smaller) to that 8gb number, which I'm assuming is the total size of TF2 installed for some reason. It also started somewhat close to the end.

And there is NO WAY I could download 8gb of data in such a short amount of time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 9, 2010, 23:38 ForgedReality

I wish I could get paid mad money to do nothing other than make baseless predictions and talk out my ass in favor of any product whose creators pay me enough to promote.

Damn, industry analysts must have the easiest jobs in the world.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 09:35 ForgedReality

No offense, but how hard is it to figure out they're global? You see an announcement saying some dude got a wrench, you check the scoreboard to see what team the guy is in, but he's not even on the server... "Oh, I get it..."  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Top 20
1. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top 20 Jul 6, 2010, 23:27 ForgedReality

Twenty Games to Avoid Due to Games for Windows Live  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 6, 2010, 21:47 ForgedReality

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/wrangdigan/
WHAT DOES IT MEAAANNN!!??

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
70. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 6, 2010, 21:29 ForgedReality

Krovven wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 17:47:
ASJD wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 17:17:
WoW still looks good? WoW never looked good.

To each his own. This argument reminds me of all the people saying how Team Fortress 2 looks like shit, because of the cartoon art direction.

Not the same thing. TF2 has a much higher poly count, much higher texture resolution, much higher particle cap, etc. I can understand WHY WoW looks so ugly, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 5, 2010, 15:30 ForgedReality

A Bioshock movie? Wow that's not gunna be any good at all.  

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
10. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 15:06 ForgedReality

HAAHHAH!! WoW is a fucking HIDEOUS looking game. The whole thing needs a redesign. DX11 is pointless when every scene contains a maximum of like 15 polys.  

News Comments > Independent Metaverse
1. Re: Independent  Metaverse Jul 5, 2010, 15:03 ForgedReality

Opera is a decent browser, but they really REALLY need to fix their compliance issues. It's really annoying when it completely renders web pages wrong. Also, it doesn't support extensions like Firefox.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 3, 2010, 23:36 ForgedReality

Steve's not exactly a visionary...  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2010, 16:43 ForgedReality

Hahahaha! Oh, RIAA, you silly billy. When are you going to stop thinking you're relevant? You're so cute.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 3, 2010, 00:57 ForgedReality

re batteries:
Microsoft's "InstaLoad" technology, which the company says it has patented and will license to device manufacturers, seems poised to end an everyday source of frustration.
In other words, pandering to stupid people.

Honestly. If it doesn't say + and -, the worst that's going to happen is the device doesn't turn on if the batteries are put in wrong. There isn't enough juice from those things to damage it. So you either use common sense and do it right the first time, or if you're an idiot, just flip them around. This is a useless, needless product, and all it would do is serve to help stupid people remain stupid.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2010, 00:31 ForgedReality

Wolfen wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 14:12:
Hey hey hey wait a minute. If kids get to be protected from ads, I want some protection to.
AdBlock Plus.

And if you meant AIDS: condom.

News Comments > TF2 Engineer Update Clue?
5. Re: TF2 Engineer Update Clue? Jul 2, 2010, 23:06 ForgedReality

Seems like someone just likes putting a lot of annoying mods in their game. I really doubt this is an official item. Move along. Nothing to see here.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2010, 22:46 ForgedReality

Good god.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Drama
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Drama Jul 1, 2010, 21:05 ForgedReality

Zadig wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:14:
TF3 is being developed as a generic fantasy MMO? Meet the Medic & Pyro movies are done? It's probably just the engineer update.
I think it's funny that since the update that changed the UI, they have those random tips that pop up at the top, and one of them is for the Pyro, and it's like, "Why don't you give her a shot?" I'm eager to see how they finally announce the Pyro is a female in the Meet The Pyro video, or if they just hint at it, but keep it androgynous while never letting us see her face. XD

1145 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo