Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1091 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 22:51 ForgedReality

Taking showers 'can make you ill'.

Blue. Your short-term memory is on the fritz again. This story was on this site months and months ago.

See, the problem is not that it was here already so much as the fact that it's OLD. "News" generally means.. not old. So.. yeah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Safety Dance
4. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 18:21 ForgedReality

That's why they put chips in cell phones that are always on, even when the phone is powered down. They read your thoughts and record all your conversations. If they detect a hint of sedition, they quadruple the amount of microwave radiation being emitted from your cell phone to give you brain cancer. "That'll teach 'em to question my authority!"

True story.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 11
4. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 11 Jun 19, 2010, 23:43 ForgedReality

Holy shit. NONE of them fuckin bitches are cute. 110 images, and maybe two of them could be considered attractive, and just barely "babes." There should be a law, or at least higher standards at these things. Christ. That's false advertisement.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 17, 2010, 06:17 ForgedReality

Still waiting on the scrolling text bug that they introduced with the new UI. Chat windows can sometimes cut text off at the bottom, until you hit a chat key and scroll that window down. It also apparently affects the console, because the console no longer autoscrolls to the bottom anymore. I'd assume they are related.

Also, the old-as-fuck and annoying-as-hell hitframe issue with the demoman's sword/axe. Third person hitframe is at the very beginning of the animation--not synced up with the first person animation. As a result, the player sees his sword hit as normal, but other players get hit before they see him start to swing, and thus cannot react. Very fucking retarded.

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 17, 2010, 06:13 ForgedReality

Dev wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 16:34:
Fixed client crash in the main menu
Come on guys, don't you at least functionally test the main menu before releasing a patch?

...It was probably under certain circumstances. For example, I never saw a main menu crash. It could also have been related to the mac version. They don't say anything beyond that they fixed it. It could be a very obscure bug that only occurs under rare conditions. Chillaxe.

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
8. Re: New ATI Drivers Jun 17, 2010, 04:47 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 04:28:
I can't believe they still haven't fixed the issue where it fucks up the arrangement of all your desktop icons. Pathetic.
HAHA! Cute.

News Comments > Tron Evolution Trailer
10. Re: Tron Evolution Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 02:40 ForgedReality

Bruce Boxleitner!  

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
6. Re: New ATI Drivers Jun 17, 2010, 02:29 ForgedReality

Ant wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 01:30:
hubricide wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 01:17:
Whee, this is actually a pretty big release
Yeah, but is it buggy? And where's the v10.6 xcode one?
Uhhmm... Maybe we're talking about two different things here, but didn't they incorporate that into CCC a LOOOONG time ago under Graphics->Video Converter?

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 0
10. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 0 Jun 14, 2010, 00:23 ForgedReality

FINALLY! Some attractive booth babes. Good god. Tired of seeing the ugly hit-by-a-truck azn bitches. There ARE attractive azn chicks... Just not ever at E3. I don't know why NONE of the booth babes shown so far have been worthy of the title, but hopefully this will help. Fake tits are not attractive, but it sure beats ugly bitches.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2010, 17:06 ForgedReality

kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 16:46:
R.I.P. Peter Keefe. Your cartoon completed me.
He was young. That's crazy.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
17. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 04:14 ForgedReality

This trailer, from the horrid "music," and the playstyle, reminds me of that old DNF trailer. :\

And is it just me, or .. no, it can't be. Shooters on consoles are annoying as FUCK to watch. I hate the way the view just sort of slides around, and it's annoying watching the guy try to aim at shit, especially near the end, where they were close up.

I hate consoles.

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 12, 2010, 04:07 ForgedReality

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 00:43:
Sounds like you get the heads currently being carried by the Demoman you kill and +1 for his own head of course.
Thanks. I figured it out shortly after I posted this. >_>

I never use the weapon, so I don't have a real grasp for its mechanics, other than its 3rd person hitframe is way out of sync. Annoyingly so.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer
12. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 04:03 ForgedReality

Hahah! I'm calling it right now: This game is going to fucking SUCK. When even the stupid CGI trailer looks shitty and low-budget, you know the gameplay isn't getting the attention it deserves. Besides, the whole reason to use a CGI trailer is to hide the hideous graphics/physics/gameplay of your game. Add to that that this is an MMO, yeah, it's gunna look like Quake1.  

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
52. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 03:57 ForgedReality

Of COURSE it will come out on PC.

It will come bundled with a 2 PC activation limit, GFWL, and a big "REQUIRES AN XBOX 360 CONTROLLER" sticker because they were too lazy to code in real controls, and just did a copy-pasta port over to PC.

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 12, 2010, 00:34 ForgedReality

The Eyelander now collects the heads inside Eyelanders of Demomen it decapitates.
Anybody know what this means?

News Comments > Just Cause 2 ATI Issue
16. Re: Just Cause 2 ATI Issue Jun 10, 2010, 19:58 ForgedReality

GeneralAdmission wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 15:32:
Well if this is crap

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/3317/bioniccommando.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9538/blacksite.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7186/hawx.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1341/left4deadtripleheadcomp.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4788/r6vegas2.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8903/spidermanfa.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2055/wolverine.jpg

then yes, I do care about my crap.

For justice7 I would also say yes, it is more than more the hassles (which aren't quite as horrific as advertised).

That's hot. Does the distortion at the extreme left and right bother you? Is it hard to get used to it? I would think it would be too distracting to be worth it. I'm sure that kind of thing will improve with more adoption though.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 ATI Issue
9. Re: Just Cause 2 ATI Issue Jun 10, 2010, 14:22 ForgedReality

I think this might be due (at least in part) to the "new feature" they're "testing" that nobody likes. It causes a powerplay issue, but unlike previous drivers' powerplay issues, this one does not fix itself once you run a 3d app and then close it. The second card remains at 3d clocks.

Stick with 10.4a. 10.5 is full of problems for some reason.

--edit--
Cheese, I have the same issue with this game. I have to disable my nvidia card before running the game, or it goes, "oh, you want to run on your secondary card do you?" This caused all manner of performance issues since my 9600gt is nowhere near as powerful as my x2. I just set up profiles, so I can quickly switch between normal and Just Cause 2 mode. However, I'm pretty sure it's using both of my ATI GPUs.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2010, 02:54 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 17:13:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 16:07:
Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 16:00:
This is the uncomfortable conversation point where everyone avoids making eye contact with you, in case you were wondering.
I was only half joking.

You realize that the biggest reason virusses (virii?) are still being written is so that the people writing them can SELL you anti-virus software, right?

90+% of all virusses come straight from Symantec and their ilk.

Creston
The majority of the ones I run into don't pose any kind of sales pitch whatsoever. They are just there to fuck your PC up because virus writers think it's "fun" to cause havoc and think they're badass "h4x0rz."

Out of the hundreds of machines I've fixed, only a few have been the "HEY BUY THIS!" scareware variety. Most of them are either "we're gunna see how badly we can fuck your machine up before you reformat" or "hey, pal, I'm just gunna hide here in the shadows and try to remain undetected for as long as possible while I pass on your personal information to our skilled team of thieves, mkay?" kinds of malware.

Virii are getting more sophisticated, but only the most recent ones I've seen are ransomware/scareware/fake-virus-alert-ware, whatever you wanna call it. It seems far more common that they're out to steal passwords and whatnot. Just based on my observations, I'd hardly call the ransomware variety of infection "90+%," and I've removed quite a lot of them. But that might just be dumb luck, I suppose.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Using Steamworks
39. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Using Steamworks Jun 10, 2010, 02:47 ForgedReality

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 01:58:
All of this Steam hate is confusing......I don't have any issues with them, nor have I had any....in fact, I don't know of anyone who has had issues...hmmmm
Agreed. However, I don't think any of the Steam games I have use any secondary DRM either.

News Comments > Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released
4. Re: Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released Jun 10, 2010, 02:46 ForgedReality

Is there a max file size for a Kindle document?  

1091 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo