Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1037 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Dead Space 2 E3 Footage Early
4. Re: Get Dead Space 2 E3 Footage Early Jun 8, 2010, 19:43 ForgedReality

Oooh a whole day early!! I'm so excited to get my name signed onto some spam list! Yeah! I think I'll do this twice!

Or wait a few hours and see it with everyone else, and not have to add another email to your auto-delete filter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: 25 Years of Rare Jun 8, 2010, 18:23 ForgedReality

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 15:16:
Never played a single one of those games..
Missin' out. The latest couple were great.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2010, 18:00 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 08:57:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 03:32:
Researcher promises petabyte Hyper-CDs as we struggle to maintain interest.
Dude's trollin' y'all!

Read, comprehend, post.

HAHA FUNNY! Did you? Here. I'll quote the pertinent tidbit to make it easier for you.

Pavel also claims a 5,000 year disc lifetime, which is interesting, because back in 2000 he talked to PC World about another disc that could last 5,000 years -- one that would store a whopping 10TB. There is, apparently, no expiration date on his optimism. Ours, however, is getting a wee bit stale.

News Comments > Driver Tease
16. Re: Driver Tease Jun 8, 2010, 16:45 ForgedReality

Drezden wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 07:41:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 22:21:
I think someone should do an unofficial mod to i82 which actually FINISHES the game, because it's extremely clear that Activision just wanted to rush the fucking game to hit its release date, and the devs weren't given proper time to complete it. It's really sad because that could have been a great game, but there's a ton of hidden content in there that was cut a the last minute and merely disabled. I figure they only got like 60% of the way through the dev cycle before Activision said "HEY GUYS LET'S CASH IN! :D"

Fuckers.

You have no idea how much I'82 pained me. I was a very hardcore I'76 player, one of the last 100 who stayed until the games very end. We were all asked to Beta Test I'82 as a result since we played the original so long. Playing the beta was just heartbreaking after spending years playing I'76. What made 76 great was the depth of customizability. It was right on par with Mechwarrior and had the entire weight and mounting system, so you could have tournaments in what we called the AVA, the official Auto Vigilante Association. It was a basic ruleset that a few players came up with for competition play. Including such things as Weight classes. (So you could avoid lopsided matches. i.e. a Corvette Stingray with 2 roof mounted Homing Rockets and 2 Heavy Machineguns in the front grill, vs a Shelby Cobra with only 2 available roof mounts).

I miss I'76 deeply, but if they're just going to make another hollow sequal to it like 82 was. I'd rather Activision just stay away from the franchise altogether. Last time they touch it they just made the bastardized console versions, Vigilante 8 and it's sequals.

I'82 also broke the one major rule they established in I'76. As Skeeter would say "Never, get out of the car.", It's why Groove's sister was killed for christ sake.
Yeah, I loved I'76 as well. I still have the box and everything. I also, unfortunately, have the box for i82 as well, but that game was such a huge disappointment. The major improvement it had was in the graphics department. But if you actually dig into that game, there is hidden content that was cut from the game, and they tacked on an ending just to get the thing out the door. That was my original point. If they could take everything that made i76 great, and update it to be a modern game (though not the setting), that would be awesome. I used to love playing online with friends. That game was badass.

And about never getting out of the car, I think that might have been a result of the technical limitations of the engine, so they made it a part of the game to keep customers from going, "why can't I get out the car and steal a better/less damaged one??"

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2010, 03:32 ForgedReality

Researcher promises petabyte Hyper-CDs as we struggle to maintain interest.
Dude's trollin' y'all!

10. Re: Driver Tease Jun 8, 2010, 02:46 ForgedReality

I love how in a story about Driver, nobody gives a shit about Driver.  

2. Re: Driver Tease Jun 7, 2010, 22:21 ForgedReality

I think someone should do an unofficial mod to i82 which actually FINISHES the game, because it's extremely clear that Activision just wanted to rush the fucking game to hit its release date, and the devs weren't given proper time to complete it. It's really sad because that could have been a great game, but there's a ton of hidden content in there that was cut a the last minute and merely disabled. I figure they only got like 60% of the way through the dev cycle before Activision said "HEY GUYS LET'S CASH IN! :D"

Fuckers.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 22:03 ForgedReality

Tasering. Hmm, I suppose the degree to which the father "overreacted" is directly related to the hotness factor of the daughter.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus Jun 7, 2010, 19:13 ForgedReality

kxmode wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 18:05:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 17:57:
I remember the days when you bought a game, you'd get a box, physical media, and lots of neat goodies with it, like posters, a spiral-bound 300 page manual that included all kinds of back story, historical facts, etc...

Now, you're lucky if you get a working game.

You forgot the part where we had to walk in 2 feet of snow, up a hill, to Egghead Software.

I used to work there. >_>

The story they told us when they closed all the stores was that they were going strictly online. I have a theory that they then became Newegg. It would make sense, since shortly thereafter Newegg came onto the scene.

Of course, I've heard tell that this isn't true, but I'd like to think so anyway.

News Comments > Deep Shadows Games Translated
6. Re: Deep Shadows Games Translated Jun 7, 2010, 19:07 ForgedReality

Wait, Precursors, the Star Control 2 thing?  

News Comments > Crysis 2 E3 Teaser Trailer
4. Re: Crysis 2 E3 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2010, 18:34 ForgedReality

I like how the youtube description states "gameplay footage." HA HA HA LOLZ AND ROFFLE.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus
5. Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preorder Bonus Jun 7, 2010, 17:57 ForgedReality

I remember the days when you bought a game, you'd get a box, physical media, and lots of neat goodies with it, like posters, a spiral-bound 300 page manual that included all kinds of back story, historical facts, etc...

Now, you're lucky if you get a working game.

News Comments > Half-Life E3 Tease Faked
25. Re: Half-Life E3 Tease Faked Jun 7, 2010, 17:52 ForgedReality

Well, according to Steam,
Title: The Orange Box
Genre: Action
Developer: Valve
Publisher: Valve
Release Date: Oct 10, 2007

I waited a whole two months before I bought my copy, while I debated with myself as to whether or not I really wanted it. But I do know that TF2 was officially released as part of the Orange Box, and I have plenty of Steam Friends who became TF2 players on that date.

News Comments > Red Faction: Armageddon Announced
29. Re: Red Faction: Armageddon Announced Jun 7, 2010, 16:03 ForgedReality

I don't like the shoulder cam either. Shifted to one side just kind of complicates the controls. Well, not really the controls, but the act of controlling/shooting. I like it dead on like in Tomb Raider, but I am able to get used to it. It still just kind of bugs me because it feels weird.

There should be an option in the game to change from offset to centered 3rd person view. And if you like it offset, you should be able to choose left or right side. So it would be like, "Left, Centered, Right" or something for the options.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2010, 15:40 ForgedReality

JohnnyRotten wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 14:15:
Not to mention not everything in life has two sides worthy of equal support and time. I agree with tacfy - this is a fluff piece only designed to generate some site traffic.
Well then I'm not clickin' it! So there!

News Comments > Half-Life E3 Tease Faked
21. Re: Half-Life E3 Tease Faked Jun 7, 2010, 15:34 ForgedReality

osage no onna wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 13:20:
The Orange Box actually came out on the 360 before PC.
The Windows and Xbox 360 versions were produced and published by Valve Corporation and released on October 10, 2007 as both a boxed retail copy and a Windows-only download through Valve's Steam service. The PlayStation 3 version was produced by Electronic Arts and released on December 11, 2007 in North America and in Europe.
-Wiki

News Comments > Blacklight: Tango Down HRV Detailed
5. Re: Blacklight: Tango Down HRV Detailed Jun 7, 2010, 15:30 ForgedReality

Ew. Unreal Engine. No wonder it looked familiar. No thanks.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Patched
10. Re: Half-Life 2 Patched Jun 7, 2010, 05:18 ForgedReality

Ant wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 12:59:
Chainsaw Chihuahua wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 12:56:
Are you guys kidding? You really don't want them to patch up bugs? Am I missing what's wrong with frequent patches? It's not like you have to do anything, just run the game and the patch will be applied.
Try it on slow/no Internet or when we want to play right away.
If you keep Steam running, and you have internet, you pretty much CAN play right away, since it's most likely the game will have been patched by the time you get around to wanting to play it.

And if you for some reason do not have internet, run Steam in offline mode, and you can play right away. It's not difficult.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2010, 05:10 ForgedReality

If it is made into a film, it will be nothing like the games. Thankfully, that would be a good thing, because a carbon copy of Half-Life would suck as a film.

However, this is Hollywood. They will fuck it up in plenty of other ways.

Also, while I agree on all the mute protagonist comments, realize it doesn't have to feature Gordon Freeman at all. The film could be the struggle against the Black Mesa forces by resistance fighters. There would of course be one or two main protagonists, but they would be speaking roles. If you think about it, one man--Gordon Freeman--could not possibly have taken down such a vast expansive force on his own. There were other battles raging elsewhere, and the film may just as well depict that aspect of the conflict.

It could be cool. I won't cast this one aside just yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2010, 04:59 ForgedReality

MOMENTOS
This is beautiful.

1037 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo