Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1527 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
21. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 15, 2015, 01:30 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 00:54:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 11:24:
"I played 5 games, so I hate DOTA2."

Thanks for admitting your complete incompetence and invalidity of your opinion.

HotS is nowhere near as complex, deep, nuanced, or strategic as DOTA2. It has a huge learning curve, yes, but the rewards are greater than just about any other game I've played. At the same time, it can be just as crushing and frustrating though. Do well, and you love it. Do badly, and you hate it. You're probably in that latter camp.

Hah!... If anything your complete lack of empathy for a new DOTA 2 (in extension MOBA) player shows everything that is wrong with that community and why my first experiences in that moba were abysmal. And yeah, 5 plays vs humans is plenty enough to judge a moba after 30+ to learn how to play vs AI with a few chars and with COOP partner, that's how many I gave each MOBA I tried, DOTA 2, LoL and HotS. The shit-hole that is DOTA 2 ranked matches completely soured me from playing DOTA 2 altogether because of that constant toxicity even in the lowest ranked game modes.

Aside that it doesn't even matter, with 1000+ hours you have about as much reason to talk about casual MOBA play as Obama has owning the peace Nobel price. ^^

Your first sentence invalidated everything afterward, so I didn't bother reading that drivel.

You already said you're not a DOTA player, so you're not a new player. You already gave up. Like a fucking pussy.

Please return to your cave, troll.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 23:50 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 18:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:36:
Sorry, but after HotS I can never go back to DOTA 2 ;p The removal of items, and the lanes no longer being sticky as fuck due to gold/xp only counting if you are involved in that kill, makes the game infinitely more smooth and fluid. It rewards strategic movement away from the lanes towards objectives and camps which believe it or not, can even happen in quick games. Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.
You listed everything I DISLIKE about HotS. The lack of items makes for a more repetitive experience; the objectives mean everybody piles into one lane and it's chaos; the limited heroes ruin the experience and requires you to grind to unlock them.

I'm really looking forward to Dota 2 Reborn. I've put 160hrs into Dota 2 and it's one of my go to games.

I decided to check mine, and Steam says I have 1085 hours. Holy shit! How did that happen? :O

I'd never played a MOBA before DOTA2, and it was a jarring thing to have to learn. I remember the first game I played, knowing absolutely nothing about the game beforehand, I rushed down the middle lane, fully expecting to be able to fight right off the bat. I dove into the first tower and started attacking it, thinking that's what you're supposed to do. I got obliterated in seconds, obviously. My teammates immediately let me know that's now how things work in DOTA. Oops! :\

Since then, it's been an everlasting learning experience. Even after nearly 1100 hours, I'm still learning tactics and how to play. I love when a game has so much replayability, especially with only one map. It's astounding.

16. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 11:24 ForgedReality

"I played 5 games, so I hate DOTA2."

Thanks for admitting your complete incompetence and invalidity of your opinion.

HotS is nowhere near as complex, deep, nuanced, or strategic as DOTA2. It has a huge learning curve, yes, but the rewards are greater than just about any other game I've played. At the same time, it can be just as crushing and frustrating though. Do well, and you love it. Do badly, and you hate it. You're probably in that latter camp.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 11:14 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:04:
Yes, you can and should sell mutes to most herbalists and some random shop vendors.

Thanks, I'll try that. Been playing DOTA2 the last couple of days to give myself a bit of a breather from this game. I'm still taking my time trying to complete side quests and shit. I should just move along with the story since I can always come back, but my OCD won't let me. :\

12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 11:13 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:00:
Also anytime you load in somewhere, if you have mutagens equipped you're going to have to re equip them because they get shuffled around and your stats will lower. Every time.

Anyways its a great game and I'm really enjoying it. Just mentioning a few quirks so people have a heads up.

This has never happened to me. They stay put where they are and buff my same-type character points.

9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 10:58 ForgedReality

Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:52:
Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:36:
Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:26:
What annoyances? I haven't played in a week. been kind of busy.

Can you let me know what they messed up or changed?

Its with the mutagen crafting, you have to sometimes drop one to make another, especially if you're shooting for greater mutagens. It's weird, I'll take a video demoing it on Youtube later when I get home from work.

OK, thanks dude.

You mean how it now says "you already have this?" That's fucking stupid. You used to be able to combine like crazy, now they just hang around in your inventory and just kind of take up space. Can you sell mutagens? I never tried. Would be nice to be able to upgrade them and sell the unneeded ones or something. But now they work like potions or whatever where you make one, and then that's it. :/

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jun 7, 2015, 11:41 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:46:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:37:
The cheese is strong in this one. I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes of these bad-acting hipster cunts. They're gonna ruin this game if this is anything to go by.

You mean the head art director and lead voice actor? Those bad acting hipster cunts?

If that's who they are, then yes. I fail to see how their job title changes a damn thing.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 6, 2015, 14:40 ForgedReality

"and still, not once was the self-driving car the cause of the accident."

I beg to differ. I bet in the majority, the car WAS the cause. Look at it. It's fucking distracting. People gawk and are all like, "What's that?" Maybe try making it less conspicuous...

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:21:
I've been talking about self-driving cars for 25 years. Glad that I've lived to see it. At some point, driving yourself will become an anachronism.

Why waste the money on one? Just take the bus if you don't want to drive. I don't understand the appeal of this. I LOVE driving. It's basically the whole reason I have a car. That is never going away.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jun 6, 2015, 14:37 ForgedReality

The cheese is strong in this one. I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes of these bad-acting hipster cunts. They're gonna ruin this game if this is anything to go by.  

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
10. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 6, 2015, 14:34 ForgedReality

You don't want to work for Amazon. They are notoriously the worst work environment. I work with ex-Amazon employees, and they all fucking hated it there. Just don't do it.  

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
13. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 15:16 ForgedReality

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 14:59:
saluk wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 14:40:
Definitely picking up the controller. My pc is already hooked up to an hdtv so... no real benefit there.

449 is pretty good. Less than half what my friend paid for his mac that he bought to "get into pc gaming".

What kind of "friend" are you ?

PC gaming on a mac. HAHAHAHAHAHH!!! Someone's friend was trolling him.

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
12. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 15:09 ForgedReality

Is there a point to Steamlink if you can just hook up a video cable to your TV? Wouldn't there be more latency going through another device?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 4, 2015, 11:56 ForgedReality

There's no PC version of Rock Band 4. Harmonix explains why.

Because nobody gives a shit.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 4, 2015, 10:41 ForgedReality

Pfft. I actually like Google+ a lot. I never had a Facebook and never will, but I find an extremely active community in Google+, and it is about my interests rather than a bunch of annoying people I know in real life. That's what I like about it most. I get to meet new people with whom I share common interests. I've met many people in real life through Google+. The media likes to bash it, but whatever. Fuck sites that parrot that mediocre sentiment, pandering to the worthlessness that is Facebook and its ilk. >:\  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
81. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 20:22 ForgedReality

shihonage wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 19:55:
And Fallout 3 was not an open-world game. It's time people grew up and realized that an open-world game which forces you through a specific series of checkpoint without any real variability on choice or sequence, is not open at all.

Games like GTA series, Far Cry series, and Bethesda's latest are not open-world games at all. They only let you be somewhere where you want to be, as long as your actions carry no consequence on anything real, i.e. the story.

They're LARPing simulators which from time to time remind you your place as the passive observer, by straitjacketing you into a linear story checkpoint.

The world is open, not the story. Jesus. Stop nitpicking. How does the fact that it's not a completely loose story (which would be incredibly fucking boring--you need some framework, or you don't have a game) make it not fun to play or somehow ruin your enjoyment of the game? I'd argue that it's your attitude that ruins your enjoyment. Holy fucking shit. Learn to smile more. >_<

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2015, 14:26 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:54:
That study has to be wrong. Then why not buses? Why not the passengers in current cars? Why not are current self driving cars, monorails?

I get motion sick on the bus all the time. I never do when I drive. Sometime when someone else drives. You're not expecting the motions of the vehicle or the actions of the driver as much when you're a passenger. That's what I've always attributed it to. I have not clicked the link yet though.

Edit - and apparently that's exactly what the article states as well. Interesting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2015, 14:24 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 12:18:
Gee, what a surprise. Oh well, I guess most Americans just don't care about their civil and human rights.

You say that as if you mean to suggest that Americans have any control or even influence over the government. HA HA HA. Good one. What would you have Americans do?

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
57. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 3, 2015, 14:01 ForgedReality

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:07:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 11:49:
These drivers are shit. I've been getting constant crashes on the desktop.

Fuck you nVidia! Sort this shit out!

And yet I played Witcher 3 for about an hour after installing them and had no issues.

You need to report your problem to nVidia and let them know your computer's setup. Saying what you did here will do nothing but get you labelled as "that guy".

Yeah, sounds like it's his system, not the drivers. I have no issues.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jun 3, 2015, 12:16 ForgedReality

Select each DLC that you want to install, and GOG Galaxy will do the rest. If you want to remove the DLC from your game, simply uncheck the selection box.

This doesn't work for the retail version. The installation was from disc, so it's not quite the same as the downloaded version of the game. I got the Collector's Edition, so I have to manually install every time. I even had to do that for the patches, but nothing showed up until I synced the game with GOG, otherwise, it treated it like a Non-Steam game in Steam does. Like I had just added a game from something installed on my HD. Kind of annoying.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
51. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 2, 2015, 01:21 ForgedReality

Quinn wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 18:03:
Is it just me or does vsync always create unreliable/inconsistent performance? The newest example is in The Witcher 3. Sometimes the fps can very noticeably drop, and when I disable vsync then.. I don't notice it at all. And that's basically my experience with vsync since forever.

Yet a friend of mine cannot play games without vsync on because the slightest tear makes him mad, yet I never hear him mention above complaints ever :\

Time to upgrade to a CRT. XD Higher refresh rates, no tearing, no input latency. The year 2000: When display technology was acceptable.

1527 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo