Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1148 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2012, 16:58 ForgedReality

Jesus Christ! How many weeks in a row can Skyrim keep coming out on top? IGN or somebody recently said COD:MW3 outsold everything in 2011. BULL. SHIT! Skyrim on ONLY PC outsold MW3 on ALL PLATFORMS COMBINED. Fucking sick and tired of publications consistently ignoring the extremely powerful PC gaming community. >:\  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2012, 15:07 ForgedReality

Good. Maybe now India can stay the fuck out of everyone else's business. Google needs to ban the entire Indian IP range anyway. Nothing but creepy fuckin dudes from India posting inane and intolerably rude comments to females on Google+. Also, all the spam bots seem to operate out of India. I'll be glad when they cut themselves off from the rest of the internet. Fuck em.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2012, 01:24 ForgedReality

I'm at 158 hours, and I don't think I'm even 1/3 of the way thru the main story. It's really addicting but kind of annoying sometimes..

Like if you're carrying a ton of shit already and are 1lb away from being overencumbered, and then you accidentally get a new quest while traveling to somewhere to complete a previous quest, and you're just like "FFFUUU!!!! Lemme go sell all this shit first...! :\"

Not that you have to take a quest right away, but if you're already in the area... I dunno maybe it's just my completionist attitude that makes me want to do it RIGHT NOW and get it out of the way.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2012, 11:19 ForgedReality

Okay that video was a fucking lie. Where the hell was Shadowmere the whole time?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2012, 00:23 ForgedReality

MrBone wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 00:12:
How's that hope and change working for you liberals?? Haha.

You better believe I didn't vote for that asshole.

And I'm voting for Ron Paul again too.

News Comments > On Sale
33. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 21:54 ForgedReality

Alamar wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 21:45:
Almost bought Hitman, until I watched some gameplay videos (is not the game I was thinking it was).

The Hitman games are GREAT fun. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Blood Money is the one that particularly stands out as extraordinarily awesome.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
46. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 25, 2011, 12:04 ForgedReality

Luke wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 05:57:
My god peps buying a game then have to make it run probably with all kinds of tweaks and so forth its just one big console game and people are jumping up and down over it saying "game of the year"
This piece of shit can never be the game of the year if you have to be somekind of mini programmer to get it to run probably copy paste this copy paste that gezzz Clown
You're either dumb, a troll, or have a shitty system. The game is one of the most playable games in memory. It's almost entirely bug-free when you consider the scope of this thing. With all of the stuff they managed to pack into it, and there's almost NOTHING that's game-breaking, AND they hit their release target. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. But then, maybe you've never played it.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
45. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 25, 2011, 12:00 ForgedReality

DrEvil wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 12:39:
It's just like the LAA patch that the community hacked up; I've never seen the skyrim process using more than about 900MB of memory, even after hours of playtime. I think Bethesda made that change eventually not because it was necessary, but because it made the community happy.

No, they did it because it was a problem and they needed to fix it. Before I employed the LAA fix, the game was crashing fairly regularly. Luckily it autosaves pretty regularly too. The reason you weren't seeing issues is because you don't have a powerful system that can take advantage of maximum settings. When you use maxed settings (or higher, like many people do through ini edits), you're utilizing more memory. You're running at higher resolutions, using higher resolution textures, with more shit on-screen at once, and more distance visible at a time. It crashed when it ran out of memory, but LAA entirely fixed that.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Sonos Dec 23, 2011, 21:48 ForgedReality

Shok wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 19:44:
That Sonos story is a poster child for the reason DRM of all kind sucks.

And yet you play Steam games.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar
20. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar Dec 23, 2011, 21:45 ForgedReality

Bunch of First World Problemers up in hurr.

Maybe you should focus less on your gaming conquests and more on your real life ones.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 23, 2011, 15:43 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 13:44:
Nobody who uses Firefox 9 uses Norton.. and those who do, don't even know how to install a toolbar, least alone what it is

First you're like "Firefox users are smart." And then you're like "Firefox users are stupid." Make up your mind.

Oh wait, you think smart users use Norton. *sigh*...

News Comments > Trion Breached
11. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 15:00 ForgedReality

Dev wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 14:56:
JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:56:
When someone steals your credit card information and racks up charges, a quick phone call and they are reversed.

Credit card info is not safe, at all. The 16 year old at the gas station has access to 100's of #'s everyday.

Keeping your SS# and your bank account information safe is important, credit card info is irrelevant.
Yes, but I would add a caveat. Keeping debit card info is NOT irrelevant. Banks are far more reluctant to fix fraud on debit, after its not their money that's gone its yours. One can usually get the money back, but sometimes after months (and if one is living paycheck to paycheck that can cause a horrible spiral with bounced bills).

With credit card, you don't even have to pay that part of the bill after you notify them, and since its their money they are going to be proactive in investigating the fraud. The credit cards end up doing chargebacks or covering the fraud out of the 3% or so they charge all merchants for all transactions.

As a result, I recommend always using credit cards instead of debit cards, except in a couple situations. The main one is that if someone has issues controlling spending when its on credit instead of deducted directly from the bank. In that case, best to have 2 bank accounts, one of which has spending money and debit card, the other which is main savings with no debit card attached.

Or bank with a local credit union instead of a fucking moneyhoarding bank...

BECU never gives you any problems when something pops up with your debit card. I hope banks go away.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 21, 2011, 22:43 ForgedReality

Waves updated twice eh?  

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
31. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 21:52 ForgedReality

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 14:47:
Ludomancer wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 13:07:
Fucking hilarious. I was waiting for someone to fix that atrocious UI, and they made it look like Oblivions atrocious UI! God damn, did we completely lose sight of the graphical drag and drop?

Oh well, this is far more usable than what it was.
The problem is, is that they used flash for the UI and while the dev's are helping give element info in the mod forum. There are assets they can't release which means they have to be decompiled, and then they have to ask what each element does in order to 'fix it'. It's a mess to put it bluntly, but once all the UI elements and keys are figured out it'll be easy to rebuild from the ground up, especially since there's a database being built for all the UI keys.

I'll take Oblivion's UI over Skyrim's.

There are inherent issues with decompiling Flash applets as well. I've done that in the past to reverse-engineer things that I didn't build. It's a little tedious going back in and fixing formatting errors in the actionscript, and often things pop up relating to the way objects get translated. It's not a simple case of decompile, edit, recompile.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 12:32 ForgedReality

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:14:
Is this the release that lets me actually play the game for more than 30-45 seconds before it app crashes?

man im glad i spent all that money on a game i cant play, many others cant play, and no one at the dev or pub seems to care.

I've never had it crash. Does your machine meet min specs? Maybe you have a driver issue. Mine plays for hours with zero issues. Hmm...

I do find it kind of ridiculous that they're charging $15 for this though...

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2011, 21:54 ForgedReality

This solidifies it. I'm moving to Switzerland.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
76. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 21:21 ForgedReality

We're comparing Skyrim penis sizes now? sigh  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
21. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 00:45 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:33:
Teddy wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:05:
Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 23:06:
It's a FUBAR patch. Don't get it.

Wait until 1.3, which will undoubtedly having nothing in it except "Makes the game ready for the first DLC!!!11!One!1!"

Bethesda, you fucking SUCK at patching.

Creston

If you say so. Hasn't caused any problems for me.

Have fun fighting high level mages without any resistances. I'm sure after about a hundred one-shot kills, you'll probably feel differently.

Stupid Steam had someone managed to begin the auto-patching process, which of course disables the offline play ability. So I figured, maybe if I delete Skyrim, then copy it back from my backup (which is at patch 1.1), I can revert.

Of course, you can't reinstall a game while in offline mode, and going back online would have meant it'd get patched again. Grrr....

So then, on a whim, I tried running the LAA exe while Steam thinks the game isn't even installed, and voila. It runs like a charm.

No more worries about Steam patching me to a patch I don't want or need.

Creston

I had the opposite problem. I couldn't run the game at all with or without skyrim4gb.exe. Steam wouldn't update. I kept trying to make it update, restarting Steam and everything and it failed to do so. I eventually ended up deleting clientregistry and appupdatestats and restarting Steam, and it got the update finally.

Haven't noticed any issues yet that weren't already there.

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
40. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 29, 2011, 21:41 ForgedReality

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:13:
Just going to post that I would not recommend doing the popular "iPresentInterval = 0 tweak in the INI file" thing to disable vsync since it seems like it has a chance of messing up various things including introducing wonky physics and npcs messing up their schedules (thus possibly messing up quest-related stuff involving schedules). Here's a thread with more information along with a fix for those of you who've already had messed up npc schedules:

Do Not Disable VSync
I haven't seen any of that happen. Either I'm lucky, or the few people who have experienced it are unlucky. Or something else is the cause....

Not sure you can nail down something like npc schedules to a framerate limiter that easily, as it's not something you can reliably reproduce, and it hasn't manifested itself for me in 83 hours.

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
39. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 29, 2011, 21:37 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:32:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:27:
That's because the mouse is on a different selection, which messes it all up. They should really disable the mouse in menu screens, since it's by far the worst way to control them and it messes with the keyboard controls sometimes.

Disabling the mouse is a bandaid though, they need to address the underlying problems with the UI. They likely won't but oh well.
Why disable mouse? God you guys will complain about anything. The UI isn't THAT BAD. The only thing that's wonky is that sometimes clicking things in the menu doesn't quite work right. THAT IS ALL. You have a problem scrolling? THAT'S WHY YOUR MOUSE HAS A MOTHERFUCKING SCROLLWHEEL. It works gloriously. If you need to select shit in conversation trees or your inventory, just make sure your cursor is away from the selectable areas, and you can arrow/scrollwheel to whatever you want. It's not hard to work around the minor issues it has. It's a pathetically small thing to complain about considering how much awesome shit the game has to offer. Easily GOTY and yet you fuckers nitpick it.

This thread is full of #firstworldproblems all up in this motherfucker.

1148 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo