Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1076 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 21:52 ForgedReality

Maybe you're talking about a different site, but there is no harvester.js in 13311tower.com as far as I can tell...

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 21:11:
It's interesting that the javascript on that site is an external file called "harvester.js", a reference to the gang faction in the game. And it looks like some of the external javascript files have been run through an encrypter, though they left that .wav file easily visible. (Edit: ForgedReality beat me to it)

Clearly a lot of thought went into it, though the majority of people will just read the gaming websites - less than 0.1% of gamers would be able to crack it themselves.

edit - Looking at the code though, they have a meta thumbnail for that page but it points to the wrong URL. XD Bad QA process at Eidos?

It points to http://www.11331tower.com/images/fb_preview.jpg, but it should be http://www.13311tower.com/images/fb_preview.jpg.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 21:02 ForgedReality

hahah the script on that page is hex-encoded.

http://www.13311tower.com/script/13311tower.js

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 20:57 ForgedReality

Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

That 133lltower site is made up entirely of 25x25 pixel blocks with background images in them. Holy fuck. Why? Are some of them going to be clickable? O.o

edit - or rather, it's one background image used as a sprite and each block just shifts the background image to the right spot.

http://www.13311tower.com/images/13311tower.jpg

Why did they do that?

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 20:50 ForgedReality

You know NOBODY is "decoding" this shit. It's impossible. Someone show me a decoding chart or something cuz we all know it's just Eidos or Square "leaking" information so it all gets "decoded" at the right time, or at all.

Ahh, marketing. You silly little man you.

News Comments > Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking
13. Re: Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking Aug 30, 2011, 01:38 ForgedReality

E P I S O D E 3 P L E A S E .  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Screenshots, More News Nears
7. Re: Max Payne 3 Screenshots, More News Nears Aug 30, 2011, 01:37 ForgedReality

http://media.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/img/global/screenshots/maxpayne3-11-1280.jpg

Apparently, this game features Ronald Reagan.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
52. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 01:34 ForgedReality

Dopefish lives!  

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
55. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 29, 2011, 21:35 ForgedReality

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 14:15:
Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 11:46:
Arkham Asylum was perfectly playable with both the gamepad and KB/M, which you choose is a matter of preference. I will say that I preferred the gamepad simply for some feedback in that game but a friend of mine using the KB/M was pulling off ridiculous combos that put most gamepad players to shame, so they each have their ups and downs.
I only used the KB/M, and I managed to get some pretty crazy combos in the challenge maps after tons and tons of practice (I ended up getting all the achievements actually, once of which involved getting a perfect string of combos). It's probably possible on gamepads as well, but they were perfectly doable with KB/M. In general I prefer KB/M to gamepads even when the game isn't really designed for KB/M. However, I can certainly understand the appeal of playing on the couch with a gamepad. I happen to like gaming at a desk, but I realize many people think that's crazy.

I found GFWL to be unobtrusive in AA, so I didn't really care one way or the other about its inclusion in AC. However, if it's removal gets more PC gamers to buy the game, I'm glad it happened. More people need to realize what a great game the original (and hopefully the sequel) was, and I'd like to see them make more sequels as long as they can keep the stories top-notch.

Also, the cover art I've seen in the past definitely included the GFWL logo, so its removal is certainly newsworthy.

I don't really understand why GFWL exists in the first place other than to place shackles on it and help prevent piracy. Really, it's just an annoying nuisance. With Arkham Asylum, it didn't intrude too much, but I have to wonder how much performance a thing like that saps away from a game. I never use it -- I always play with an offline account and not bother logging into a friggin game.

It's stupid to make you LOG IN. You're already AT YOUR COMPUTER. I can understand logging into an online account, but it's a single player game firstly, and secondly, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU MAKING ME LOG IN TO PLAY A GAME ON MY COMPUTER?

Make me log in if I want to use an online service, so I can have access to my account, not to play a game on my computer. It's not like I could be somebody else on my own computer. Why the fuck do you want me to log in? So yeah, I ignored it and played offline or whatever the GWFL thing calls it. Even better to not have to worry about that stupid crap in the first place. I just might buy AC if it turns out reviewers like it. (What ever happened to shareware and demo versions of games so you can try before you buy???)

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
45. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 24, 2011, 22:50 ForgedReality

elefunk wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 02:02:
Once again, this is a bug caused by weird hardware combinations *AND* old drivers. There is only so much you can put in your test matrix until it explodes into a huge, ridiculous amount of work to test for every single corner case caused by stupid/lazy customers.

For a bug like this, it would have required them to test not only every hardware combination out there, but people changing between multiple pieces of hardware and carelessly leaving behind old drivers, combined with not upgrading other old drivers.

Are some of you seriously suggesting you want Eidos wasting their time testing such incredibly niche scenarios instead of testing other aspects that affect more than 0.01% of their userbase?

No, of course not. For issues like this, Eidoes did and should have waited to fix it until they actually saw people complain about it.

Can't be THAT niche if they were able to encounter it before release, and fix it on the day of release.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Community Launch Party at PAX
1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Community Launch Party at PAX Aug 24, 2011, 02:49 ForgedReality

Shit I might wanna show up to this. I get off work just down the street not long before this all sets off. Hmmm... Do I need a PAX pass? :\  

News Comments > APB Reloaded NA Retail Plans
5. Re: APB Reloaded NA Retail Plans Aug 24, 2011, 02:45 ForgedReality

Tumbler wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 01:13:
...wow. I hope they are planning to offer a free version online at the same time this comes out. Otherwise this is going to fail miserably. Again.
........There IS a free version online. O.o

It's the same as the new retail version.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 24, 2011, 00:30 ForgedReality

Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:58:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:48:
Someone else mentioned something I hadn't really noticed until I read it: when you walk diagonally, you walk about 1.414x faster (sqrt of 2).

That is kinda whack.

Not sure to what degree but that artifact is present in many FPS. Unless I'm mistaken it is/was in Quake engine based games.

I'm sure it's not hard to have something like that sneak into a game. You have to essentially slow down both directions in order to keep a constant rate of movement, and maths are hard.

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 23, 2011, 22:28 ForgedReality

SWEET!! Zero-day patches! Good job publishers! Way to push your devs so hard they can't even fucking QA their unfinished products!  

News Comments > Full Metro: Last Light E3 Trailer
5. Re: Full Metro: Last Light E3 Trailer Aug 23, 2011, 22:04 ForgedReality

My eyes just spermed all down my face.  

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
19. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:39 ForgedReality

Sorry Razer. I'll never buy your garbage.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/logitech-unveils-wireless-trackball-m570-15-09-2010/

^ Best input device ever made.

Thank you, have a nice day.

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
21. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 22, 2011, 23:35 ForgedReality

Dades wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 23:25:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 23:22:
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Often, DRM like this is just to prevent zero-day or pre-launch pirated releases.

This game's protection was circumvented pre-release.

Doesn't stop them from trying...

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
19. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 22, 2011, 23:22 ForgedReality

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Often, DRM like this is just to prevent zero-day or pre-launch pirated releases.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads
38. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 18:25 ForgedReality

MysterD wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:52:
Techie714 wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:03:
Does this use Steam DRM? Just wondering in case I wanted to re-sell it later?

Also if I purchase it on Green Man Gaming do I have to install more software or just activate the key in Steam? Thank you!

Steam IS DRM. It ties the game to your Steam account.
NO RESALES allowed on Steam games.
If you buy from GMG, you take the game-key you get in your e-mail and plug that into your Steam account.
Deus Ex: HR PC requires Steam.
No matter where you buy the game key, you're gonna have to plug the key into your Steam account.
If you buy a retail box of a game, you can "resell" it. It will be deactivated from your account, and activated for the other person.

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
60. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 30, 2011, 00:05 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 08:34:
But i guess doing such a thing is not the goal @ THQ

Uhh...

I love it when gamers forget that profit is the goal of ANY company, and they are not out to DO YOUR BIDDING. They have a bottom line. If they can't meet that bottom line in the projected timeframe, corners get cut, and you end up with a half-assed finished product. I guarantee the developers would LOVE to ship a perfect game. But when the publisher is breathing down their necks, it's impossible. Do away with publishers, and I guarantee we'd have shittons more quality productions because the devs would have time to actually create them.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall
4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall Jul 26, 2011, 22:14 ForgedReality

So did anyone ever actually play this game? Is it as shit as everyone predicted it would be? I bet it sucks too much to even be worthy of DLC.  

1076 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo