Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1093 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
16. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 22:25 ForgedReality

It's about fuckin time! I was surprised at the lack of a feeling of replayability I got from this game. I played it once, then played thru the campaign in multiplayer once. Haven't been back since. :\  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
13. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 12:55 ForgedReality

Oh yeah! Somebody mentioned this to me on G+ a couple of weeks ago. Same screenshots that have always been up on that site. Still haven't checked it out yet though, but it's more than changing the colors. It's supposed to approve the visual quality. Take a look at the reflections and lighting changes. They do graphic mods for all kinds of games, as you can see from their site.

Check out the FRAPS framerate indicator in those screenshots though. HAHAH!! Talk about shitty hardware. I can't imagine playing that game at 11fps. Wow.

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
36. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 20:22 ForgedReality

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38749905/consolitis.jpg

But seriously, this game just turned into a bargain bin for me. They want to capitalize on the holiday buying season, it just seems to me like they don't feel as if the game is all that great, and that it can't stand on its own. That's fine. I won't buy it then. At least not until it's like $10.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 19, 2011, 02:42 ForgedReality

Tom wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 23:00:
20MB Fuji, with a big plastic wheel you could use to move the head manually. Never saw another Fuji hard drive after that.

That doesn't sound safe.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2011, 01:31 ForgedReality

Jerykk wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 00:23:
I'm waiting for the DLC and ENBSeries mod to be released/completed before I resume my second DX:HR playthrough.

Here are some shots from the ENB mod: http://enbdev.com/ss_deusex3_en.htm
LULULUL!!! Look at the framerate in those screenshots. HAHA!! Oh man that must SUCK. I just got the MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition video card (fastest single-gpu card on the market), and I play at 2304x1440, maxed out details, and I don't think it's ever gotten below 60, although I don't have a framerate counter enabled, so I don't have an exact number. :\ But to play this game at 11fps.. Good lord. Throw your computer away.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2011, 01:26 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 00:14:
I guess I'm the only one still playing Deus Ex, huh?

Creston

I'm still fuckin LOVING it. I'm at 50 hours, according to Steam, and still on my first playthrough. If anyone should talk about taking their time in a game, it should be me. Holy fuck, I just can't keep from hacking every lock and computer and picking every dead guy's pocket.

I started a new game a couple of hours in because I screwed up somewhere or something (I don't really remember), so you can subtract two hours from that total. I just defeated the third boss today. Can't wait to fire the gun I stole from him. Been carrying around a mod for it, taking up a huge spot in my inventory for the past 20 or so hours. Finally got to use it. haha!

Once I complete this one, I'm gunna play through as KILL EVERY MOTHERFUCKER THAT MOVES. I experimented during this playthrough and went through the Detroit police station and put EVERYONE to sleep, without being seen or setting off any alarms. There are hundreds of motherfuckers in there, I swear. That was fun. Then I reloaded to before I entered the building cuz I knew it would screw me out of a side mission or two. :\

(TL;DR: Yes, I still play it.)

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
28. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 19, 2011, 01:20 ForgedReality

cento wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 23:50:
Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 21:03:
That's why that cancelled Marvel game from EA was looking like the bomb. I saw one clip where the Hulk rips a lampost out of the ground and bats Cap through - fucking through!!! - a building! And this was actual gameplay, not CGI. It's the first superhero game I ever saw that looked like something out of the comics with the environmental destruction and what not. That lack of kinetic interaction is always what's bothered me most about superhero games. If I'm the Hulk and I punch someone I want to see them flying backward 20ft and through a brick wall, you know?

As I understand it (talking to co-workers that had friends working in the Chicago studio), none of what the EA game was doing was procedural. All of those assets were being custom built to destruct into hand built pieces, and in the end, it was FAR too costly. The project was over-scheduled and over-budget.

No matter how good of a demo reel that makes, it was a case of throwing money at it as a solution instead of figuring out a smart solution and it helped run that studio out of business.

I have no idea what may be the reasons behind the Avengers game, but am just pointing out that there is a lot of moving pieces to making a game, and that most of us rarely have the full picture. I am sure that even with insider gossip and my own professional interests in how the EA game was going that there are plenty of other factors feeding into its demise of which I am unaware.

I'm still playing RF:G, and loving the destruction engine they built into that game. If someone did a mod for it, where you could hit someone with a lamp post and send them through a building, that would be fucking cool!

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
27. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 19, 2011, 01:10 ForgedReality

Oh my god this looks amazing! Fuck. Why does the cool shit always get ruined like this? I'm not even as upset about it having been canceled as I am about the thought of all the wasted work and man hours that went into this thing. I bet there are a lot of really upset designers and developers. To me, that's the real tragedy here. Hopefully they got paid, at least!  

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
10. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 23:07 ForgedReality

Can I rent one and trade it in for some dignity when I get tired of it?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
60. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 11, 2011, 20:05 ForgedReality

yuastnav wrote on Sep 11, 2011, 11:49:
Zoom wrote on Sep 11, 2011, 08:29:
yuastnav wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 05:14:
M for Mega, however, is a prefix and just stands for 10^3 which is perfectly fine.
Someone skipped classes on metric...
[...]
1k = 1 kilo = 1E3 = 10^3 = 1000
1M = 1 Mega = 1E6 = 10^6 = 1000000
1G = 1 Giga = 1E9 = 10^9 = 1000000000
1T = 1 Tera = 1E12 = 10^12 = 1000000000000
1P = 1 Peta = 1E15 = 10^15 = 1000000000000000
[...]

So you're going to completely disregard my other post?
Fine, be a republican douchebag.

I like how gaming is suddenly about politics. I can't wait to see how you tie Deus Ex in with religion!

News Comments > RAGE Specs
26. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 7, 2011, 03:11 ForgedReality

A little something I did just for you guys. When you play this game, you'll know how much we need an inoculation.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38749905/consolitis.jpg

News Comments > RAGE Specs
24. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 7, 2011, 02:21 ForgedReality

CONSOLITIS.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "The Missing Link" DLC Next Month
45. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sep 6, 2011, 00:25 ForgedReality

ELITE wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 04:18:
I thought I needed them for the first boss but after several retrys with different augs - it turned out I didn't need them to beat'm

The first boss was easy for me. I stayed hidden. He never saw me. I went under the platforms and used the rocket launcher on him. Popped out and hit him two or three times and it was over. That second boss though, HOOO-LEE FUCK! Kind of bullshit I had to go all out combat when I had been doing sneaky-mode the entire time before that.

I've been taking my sweet time with this game, trying to hunt down every secret. Steam says I've played 38 hours so far, and that includes one restart a couple of hours in. Maybe I'll finish the game by the time the DLC is out.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 5, 2011, 03:27 ForgedReality

I just got that MSI card. Quite simply, it is motherfucking amazing!  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken
43. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Sep 2, 2011, 01:26 ForgedReality

Luther wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 04:54:
This is probably old news by now (hey, I've got a job!) but the hex code in the '13311tower.com' is all javascript keywords once you turn it into ascii:

This is a drop in replacement for those strings:

"noConflict",
"onload",
"background",
"#000",
"css",
"body",
"actions/77P98JBTRb.php",
"ajax",
"fadeOut",
".container",
"src",
"images/13311tower.jpg",
"ready",
"html",
"fadeIn",
"pageX",
"offsetLeft",
"pageY",
"offsetTop",
"actions/VqdIqFQFPj.php",
"x=",
"&y=",
"click",
".CDyjK9kxxV",
"placeholder",
"input[placeholder]",
"actions/k5G2dyYRvN.php",
"tqhyyDitPn=",
"val",
"input[name=M6dCM2ZJxv]",
"&ReBwsoTXvb=",
"input[name=s069trV5XA]",
"",
"submit",
".container form",
"url(",
") no-repeat #000 center center",
"push",
"length",
"none",
".image",
"remove()",
"random",
"floor",
"splice"

They're not keywords. I was going to post this a couple days ago but then realized it's nothing secret. They just wanted to make it something fun for the hackers to play with. It's nothing more than the javascript (albeit, interestingly written) that controls the image blocks that switch out when you do the login thing.

30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 31, 2011, 00:45 ForgedReality

DNForever wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 23:20:
I was gonna wait to play this but due to the unanimous praise it's been getting I figured I shouldn't wait it out. Started the download from amazon earlier today and it's almost done. I'm actually surprised I could wait this long based on how much I liked the first DX.

I held out until I saw reviews and such. I shouldn't have. It's a fucking excellent game. And if I had pre-ordered on Steam, I would have gotten seven in-game items for TF2 as well. Oh well. This would have been one pre-order that I didn't get burned on. Dammit!

29. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 31, 2011, 00:41 ForgedReality

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 23:59:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 20:57:
Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

That 133lltower site is made up entirely of 25x25 pixel blocks with background images in them. Holy fuck. Why? Are some of them going to be clickable? O.o

edit - or rather, it's one background image used as a sprite and each block just shifts the background image to the right spot.

http://www.13311tower.com/images/13311tower.jpg

Why did they do that?

I believe they did that such that enterprising people that are versed in how to deconstruct websites couldn't just download the final image. Encrypting it in a tile form made it such that you had to get the L/P correct to activate the image shift.

Pretty damn clever. This would have taken a few days if not for twitter, Reddit, and the DXHR forums. Was a true community effort.

Power of the Internet. Truly awesome.

^D^

I think they did it more for effect than anything. If you're able to figure out the password, it's even easier to figure out the image from just spending 2 minutes looking at the script. You don't even need to log in to see the image behind the first one.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 21:52 ForgedReality

Maybe you're talking about a different site, but there is no harvester.js in 13311tower.com as far as I can tell...

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 21:11:
It's interesting that the javascript on that site is an external file called "harvester.js", a reference to the gang faction in the game. And it looks like some of the external javascript files have been run through an encrypter, though they left that .wav file easily visible. (Edit: ForgedReality beat me to it)

Clearly a lot of thought went into it, though the majority of people will just read the gaming websites - less than 0.1% of gamers would be able to crack it themselves.

edit - Looking at the code though, they have a meta thumbnail for that page but it points to the wrong URL. XD Bad QA process at Eidos?

It points to http://www.11331tower.com/images/fb_preview.jpg, but it should be http://www.13311tower.com/images/fb_preview.jpg.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 21:02 ForgedReality

hahah the script on that page is hex-encoded.

http://www.13311tower.com/script/13311tower.js

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 20:57 ForgedReality

Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

That 133lltower site is made up entirely of 25x25 pixel blocks with background images in them. Holy fuck. Why? Are some of them going to be clickable? O.o

edit - or rather, it's one background image used as a sprite and each block just shifts the background image to the right spot.

http://www.13311tower.com/images/13311tower.jpg

Why did they do that?

1093 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo