Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1094 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2011, 18:44 ForgedReality

You'll never see a story titled "The 5 Most Mind-Blowingly Huge Machines Built By Religion" ... Or "The 5 Most Important Human Advances Thanks To Religion" ... Or "The 5 Most Made-Up Fairy Tales From Religion" ... Well, that last one maybe.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 29, 2011, 20:54 ForgedReality

Hahah Facebook trying to copy Google+... Give up guys. The fight's already over. You got knocked the fuck out.  

News Comments > No Cause for Just Cause 3 Rumor
14. Re: No Cause for Just Cause 3 Rumor Oct 27, 2011, 21:11 ForgedReality

AdamK47 wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:46:
I have about 50 hours logged in Just Cause 2 with 60% of the total game complete. Running three GTX 580s in SLI and have always been able to use vsync.

Sigh... When will people learn that vsync is fucking pointless with three of the most powerful video cards on earth? Wasted performance, much? I have one N580GTX Lightning Xtreme and it's plenty powerful (most powerful single-GPU card on the planet right now). I never run with vsync. You shouldn't either. Why cap your framerate? Ridiculous.

News Comments > No Cause for Just Cause 3 Rumor
13. Re: No Cause for Just Cause 3 Rumor Oct 27, 2011, 21:09 ForgedReality

The video I saw of the first part of the game looks fucking unbelievably awesome.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 23, 2011, 17:17 ForgedReality

Bhruic wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 15:12:
Wow, didn't expect Rage to fall off the list that fast.
http://videosift.com/video/Zero-Punctuation-Rage
Hahaha! This may have had something to do with it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 17:14 ForgedReality

Tumbler wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 17:01:
I'll be shocked if Tuesday is a good day at DICE or EA.

They're going to make millions. Of course it will be.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 23, 2011, 15:31 ForgedReality

Consoles need to go away. They are nowhere near as versatile as a PC, and there's really no need for a neutered version of a gaming machine. PCs are far more capable of being the all-in-one appliance that Sony and Microsoft are trying to create. Consoles are just cheap alternatives for lazy people who call themselves gamers, but really aren't real gamers. There is a misconception that PC gaming is drying up because distributors are forcing their devs to conform to a console-based world. It's bullshit.

Also, why the fuck does this news item mention Nintendo? HAHAHA! They haven't been relevant for many years. Nobody wants their stupid ass consoles. Nintendo consoles are the Apple IIe of the console world.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
1. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 16, 2011, 19:51 ForgedReality

Does anyone still actually play this oldass game?  

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
30. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 17:52 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 17:35:
It probably depends on the engine.. but if its a fully dynamic shadow system with GI the textures need to come last simply because the texture shaders need to know when they are in "shadow" or in "light" and what color the light has.

They can't know that if they are rendered before the light.

How exactly frostbite 2 creates the GI and color probes though would be very interesting to know in detail..

Rage by the way is not even on the same level of technology as frostbite 2, its like comparing a rubber dingy to a nuclear sub. ;p

lolol
http://www.nitrome.com/games/frostbite2/

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
18. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 16:20 ForgedReality

Fuck you id. You've officially gone the way of Ubisoft and Activision. "HEY PC GAMERS! ENJOYING OUR CONSOLE GAME ON YOUR WINDOWS MACHINES?! THAT'S GREAT. HERE, HAVE A PATCH THAT DOESN'T DO SHIT TO CHANGE THAT. :D"  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2011, 16:13 ForgedReality

Dammit I wanted to read that texting to police story.. how the eff is that even possible?

It's 404'd now though.

News Comments > RAGE Patched
5. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 14:43 ForgedReality

Is this the patch that makes the game not suck?  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 8, 2011, 05:45 ForgedReality

Talutha wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 01:55:
Have you looked in the game? If you go under single player there are challenge modes and there is an option there for co-op too. If you are looking for the new co-op campaign, there is a giant pillar thing that moves down that you have to portal into together in order to get there.

The DLC was applied automatically as an update so if you keep steam open fairly often you most likely already have the DLC installed.
kthx. I'll check it out tomorrow maybe.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 8, 2011, 01:16 ForgedReality

Where's my Portal 2 DLC?! >:\

http://i.imgur.com/rp46x.png

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
18. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Oct 8, 2011, 00:44 ForgedReality

http://i.imgur.com/rp46x.png  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
183. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 8, 2011, 00:02 ForgedReality

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127589
Buy. This. Card.

However, ignore RAGE.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: How Two Scammers Built an Empire Hawking Sketchy Software. Oct 7, 2011, 20:42 ForgedReality

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 13:06:
That is a great piece.
I thought this was going to be about Bill Gates and Paul Allen...

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Killer New Feature" Coming
12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Oct 1, 2011, 20:35 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 19:49:
Homosexual relationships. You heard it here first.
Uh....... That was already in the second one. Wasn't it also in the first?

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
44. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Oct 1, 2011, 16:34 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 14:24:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 13:27:
People only pirate shit because they can. Not because they would have otherwise bought it. 90% of the games out there aren't worth buying, at least not for the exorbitant amount they want to charge for them. Ridiculous. Yes, rush a product out the door so it's fucking horrible and half-finished, and then charge for a complete product. How about this: FUCK YOU.

People steal because they're assholes. I, like most people around here, can pirate if we want, but we choose not to. I do agree that most titles aren't worth their launch price, not even close, however, we'll wait untill it finally comes down to a price we feel is fair/reasonable. Being impatient is no justification for theft.

I didn't mean to suggest that it was justification for anything, nor that it was even a case of impatience. I just think a great deal of piracy simply comes from the fact that there is no other option for some people.

Perhaps they want a game but they're 12 so they can't afford to even wipe their own ass. Or perhaps it's something they might be considering buying, but they're holding out due to the fact that there's no way to see if they'd really like it or not because no shareware/demo version was made available. They then pirate it to check it out, and sometimes they then purchase it, other times they uninstall it, or if it's semi-decent, they might keep it because "hey I already pirated it..." or they might hold out until the price justifies the purchase.

Either way, I don't think it's as clear cut a case as these distributors would have the public believe -- that every copy pirated translates to a lost sale. I'd suggest that's far, FAR from the truth. Back when shareware was the norm, I checked out TONS of games to see if they were cool enough to buy. Most of them weren't. Since there is no other option for previewing software these days, many turn to piracy. Not every download is a guarantee that that person was going to buy it. When they figure out the game is shit, that's a lost sale, but not BECAUSE they pirated it, rather because the game was shit. Distributors just don't want to admit that maybe their product just isn't very high quality in the eyes of their consumers, so they blame piracy.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
38. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Oct 1, 2011, 13:49 ForgedReality

Fion wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 13:30:
Furthermore a number of pirate games to see if they like them and then go back and purchase them if they do (for the multiplayer, etc.)

Exactly. Remember back in the day when companies would produce demo versions of games so you wouldn't have to end up wasting your money on something you can't return?

Maybe instead of bitching about piracy and making up numbers, these companies should fucking take a look at WHY people are pirating and take steps to make their actual product and its after-sales support more enticing rather than simply looking at the bottom line. At least make an attempt to alleviate the feeling that consumers feel like they might be getting ripped off if they buy something essentially sight unseen.

1094 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo