Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar
20. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar Dec 23, 2011, 21:45 ForgedReality

Bunch of First World Problemers up in hurr.

Maybe you should focus less on your gaming conquests and more on your real life ones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 23, 2011, 15:43 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 13:44:
Nobody who uses Firefox 9 uses Norton.. and those who do, don't even know how to install a toolbar, least alone what it is

First you're like "Firefox users are smart." And then you're like "Firefox users are stupid." Make up your mind.

Oh wait, you think smart users use Norton. *sigh*...

News Comments > Trion Breached
11. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 15:00 ForgedReality

Dev wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 14:56:
JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:56:
When someone steals your credit card information and racks up charges, a quick phone call and they are reversed.

Credit card info is not safe, at all. The 16 year old at the gas station has access to 100's of #'s everyday.

Keeping your SS# and your bank account information safe is important, credit card info is irrelevant.
Yes, but I would add a caveat. Keeping debit card info is NOT irrelevant. Banks are far more reluctant to fix fraud on debit, after its not their money that's gone its yours. One can usually get the money back, but sometimes after months (and if one is living paycheck to paycheck that can cause a horrible spiral with bounced bills).

With credit card, you don't even have to pay that part of the bill after you notify them, and since its their money they are going to be proactive in investigating the fraud. The credit cards end up doing chargebacks or covering the fraud out of the 3% or so they charge all merchants for all transactions.

As a result, I recommend always using credit cards instead of debit cards, except in a couple situations. The main one is that if someone has issues controlling spending when its on credit instead of deducted directly from the bank. In that case, best to have 2 bank accounts, one of which has spending money and debit card, the other which is main savings with no debit card attached.

Or bank with a local credit union instead of a fucking moneyhoarding bank...

BECU never gives you any problems when something pops up with your debit card. I hope banks go away.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 21, 2011, 22:43 ForgedReality

Waves updated twice eh?  

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
31. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 21:52 ForgedReality

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 14:47:
Ludomancer wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 13:07:
Fucking hilarious. I was waiting for someone to fix that atrocious UI, and they made it look like Oblivions atrocious UI! God damn, did we completely lose sight of the graphical drag and drop?

Oh well, this is far more usable than what it was.
The problem is, is that they used flash for the UI and while the dev's are helping give element info in the mod forum. There are assets they can't release which means they have to be decompiled, and then they have to ask what each element does in order to 'fix it'. It's a mess to put it bluntly, but once all the UI elements and keys are figured out it'll be easy to rebuild from the ground up, especially since there's a database being built for all the UI keys.

I'll take Oblivion's UI over Skyrim's.

There are inherent issues with decompiling Flash applets as well. I've done that in the past to reverse-engineer things that I didn't build. It's a little tedious going back in and fixing formatting errors in the actionscript, and often things pop up relating to the way objects get translated. It's not a simple case of decompile, edit, recompile.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 12:32 ForgedReality

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:14:
Is this the release that lets me actually play the game for more than 30-45 seconds before it app crashes?

man im glad i spent all that money on a game i cant play, many others cant play, and no one at the dev or pub seems to care.

I've never had it crash. Does your machine meet min specs? Maybe you have a driver issue. Mine plays for hours with zero issues. Hmm...

I do find it kind of ridiculous that they're charging $15 for this though...

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2011, 21:54 ForgedReality

This solidifies it. I'm moving to Switzerland.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
76. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 21:21 ForgedReality

We're comparing Skyrim penis sizes now? sigh  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
21. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 00:45 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:33:
Teddy wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:05:
Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 23:06:
It's a FUBAR patch. Don't get it.

Wait until 1.3, which will undoubtedly having nothing in it except "Makes the game ready for the first DLC!!!11!One!1!"

Bethesda, you fucking SUCK at patching.

Creston

If you say so. Hasn't caused any problems for me.

Have fun fighting high level mages without any resistances. I'm sure after about a hundred one-shot kills, you'll probably feel differently.

Stupid Steam had someone managed to begin the auto-patching process, which of course disables the offline play ability. So I figured, maybe if I delete Skyrim, then copy it back from my backup (which is at patch 1.1), I can revert.

Of course, you can't reinstall a game while in offline mode, and going back online would have meant it'd get patched again. Grrr....

So then, on a whim, I tried running the LAA exe while Steam thinks the game isn't even installed, and voila. It runs like a charm.

No more worries about Steam patching me to a patch I don't want or need.

Creston

I had the opposite problem. I couldn't run the game at all with or without skyrim4gb.exe. Steam wouldn't update. I kept trying to make it update, restarting Steam and everything and it failed to do so. I eventually ended up deleting clientregistry and appupdatestats and restarting Steam, and it got the update finally.

Haven't noticed any issues yet that weren't already there.

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
40. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 29, 2011, 21:41 ForgedReality

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:13:
Just going to post that I would not recommend doing the popular "iPresentInterval = 0 tweak in the INI file" thing to disable vsync since it seems like it has a chance of messing up various things including introducing wonky physics and npcs messing up their schedules (thus possibly messing up quest-related stuff involving schedules). Here's a thread with more information along with a fix for those of you who've already had messed up npc schedules:

Do Not Disable VSync
I haven't seen any of that happen. Either I'm lucky, or the few people who have experienced it are unlucky. Or something else is the cause....

Not sure you can nail down something like npc schedules to a framerate limiter that easily, as it's not something you can reliably reproduce, and it hasn't manifested itself for me in 83 hours.

39. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 29, 2011, 21:37 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:32:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:27:
That's because the mouse is on a different selection, which messes it all up. They should really disable the mouse in menu screens, since it's by far the worst way to control them and it messes with the keyboard controls sometimes.

Disabling the mouse is a bandaid though, they need to address the underlying problems with the UI. They likely won't but oh well.
Why disable mouse? God you guys will complain about anything. The UI isn't THAT BAD. The only thing that's wonky is that sometimes clicking things in the menu doesn't quite work right. THAT IS ALL. You have a problem scrolling? THAT'S WHY YOUR MOUSE HAS A MOTHERFUCKING SCROLLWHEEL. It works gloriously. If you need to select shit in conversation trees or your inventory, just make sure your cursor is away from the selectable areas, and you can arrow/scrollwheel to whatever you want. It's not hard to work around the minor issues it has. It's a pathetically small thing to complain about considering how much awesome shit the game has to offer. Easily GOTY and yet you fuckers nitpick it.

This thread is full of #firstworldproblems all up in this motherfucker.

38. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 29, 2011, 21:33 ForgedReality

bhcompy wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 09:35:
It's a single player RPG. Frame rate doesn't really matter.
Thank you for your opinion.

27. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 28, 2011, 05:26 ForgedReality

Kastagir wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 03:01:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 23:40:
I haven't had input lag either, but in some indoor areas, where the framerate hits triple digits, that's where horizontal and vertical mouselook gets wonky for some reason.

I run ultra settings (with some ini tweaks to make it look even better), and before the 4gb loader for Skyrim came along, I would get the dreaded purple textures and fairly frequent crashes. I hope that gets fixed in the next patch so everyone can stop complaining about crashing and stuff due to the game hitting the 2gb memory ceiling. If you're not crashing, it's because you're using lower settings, or you're running the large address aware loader. This shouldn't have made it past QA.

I'm not crashing and I'm not using any mods, injectors or excessive tweaks. I adjusted the INI to add tree shadows and allow arrows to hit things at max draw distance. That's about it, and I'm on Ultra settings with AA and FXAA enabled. I've seen less than 1 crash every 10-12 hours of play and I've never hit the 2GB limit. I'm also not sure how you're getting triple digit FPS unless you've disabled VSync. There was a reason Bethesda didn't provide an option to disable VSync.

I use a 24" widescreen CRT at 2304x1440@80hz. I run with vsync disabled as much as possible. No real reason for it to be on. Your card is always rendering frames whether or not you ever see them, so why not let its power be actually put to use?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 28, 2011, 00:17 ForgedReality

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 15:00:
I did get DCS:A10 though & its AWESOME!!

Thumbsup

Best flight simulator ever, imo.

Better than the IL-2 series?

19. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 27, 2011, 23:40 ForgedReality

I haven't had input lag either, but in some indoor areas, where the framerate hits triple digits, that's where horizontal and vertical mouselook gets wonky for some reason.

I run ultra settings (with some ini tweaks to make it look even better), and before the 4gb loader for Skyrim came along, I would get the dreaded purple textures and fairly frequent crashes. I hope that gets fixed in the next patch so everyone can stop complaining about crashing and stuff due to the game hitting the 2gb memory ceiling. If you're not crashing, it's because you're using lower settings, or you're running the large address aware loader. This shouldn't have made it past QA.

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 16:52 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 14:18:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:33:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 18:10:
Surprised to see no mention of Origin's actually pretty good deals on Blue's post. In addition to the aforementioned Batman: AC for $25, they have Battlefield 3 for $30 and Need For Speed: The Run for $20. Yes, the new NFS game that came out like a week ago is 60% off!

Those are actually pretty good deals. I'm amazed they're selling BF3 for 30 bucks already.

Now if only the idiots at EA learned about this magical technology called Download Resuming.

Creston

Uhhhh... It resumes fine. I don't know what crack you're smoking. That's why there's a pause button right there next to your download.

It does? It didn't for me when my one and only download on it failed (with an "unknown error") at like ~240 MB. Had to start right over from scratch.

Creston

Damn that sucks, but at least you weren't 11gb in.

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 02:23 ForgedReality

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 00:04:
DG wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 20:25:
Dead Island is tempting, but people seemed to have mixed views and I already bought more games than I'm going to be able to play

Buy it, then msg me. It is awesome and fun.

But then, you also like Rage and MW3... Just sayin...

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 23:33 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 18:10:
Surprised to see no mention of Origin's actually pretty good deals on Blue's post. In addition to the aforementioned Batman: AC for $25, they have Battlefield 3 for $30 and Need For Speed: The Run for $20. Yes, the new NFS game that came out like a week ago is 60% off!

Those are actually pretty good deals. I'm amazed they're selling BF3 for 30 bucks already.

Now if only the idiots at EA learned about this magical technology called Download Resuming.

Creston

Uhhhh... It resumes fine. I don't know what crack you're smoking. That's why there's a pause button right there next to your download.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2011, 22:04 ForgedReality

PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 20:42:
I wonder what the combined playtime has been for Skyrim so far? Many of the people on my friends list who've played it have played it for 50+ hours.

According to Steam, I'm in it 58 hours, and I've only done one or two main story quests. Astounding amount of content.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
25. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 01:20 ForgedReality

Kastagir wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 01:06:
$450 million and counting...I hope that means we can get some support for this game. The UI, as horrible as it is, is broken in a few places and needs to be fixed to make remapping keys less of an obstruction.

Someone needs to break into BethSoft and destroy all their game controllers. Weekly.

What's wrong with the UI? Why, because it's different from Ball of Doodie? It's perfectly fine if you're not retarded...

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo