Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1199 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk Free Campaign Released
4. Re: Space Hulk Free Campaign Released Oct 7, 2013, 10:54 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:48:
What I would give for a proper Space Hulk sequel or even a remake/reimagining. A proper PC game though, like the first Space Hulk.

Yeah. Screw this boring turn-based crap. >:\

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2013, 14:35 ForgedReality

Whoa that Tesla caught fire literally five minutes from me, and I didn't friggin hear about it? O.O  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
8. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 14:33 ForgedReality

They probably just received word from their lawyers that their existing trademark on "Half-Life" already covers "Half-Life 3," so they're like, "k, then we won't pay for another trademark. :)"  

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
2. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 10:21 ForgedReality

NKD wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 09:42:
Makes sense. Can't keep memory usage under the 32bit addressing limit forever.

And it's about damned time! >:[

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 17:53 ForgedReality

Anonymous wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 17:25:
"I'm sorry, but why on earth are you buying two GTX 690s when the R9 290X is specifically designed for 4K resolution monitors and you don't have to worry about your system being taxed?"

"The leaked benchmarks peg the Radeon R9-290X as equal or slightly faster than Nvidia’s GTX Titan"

The GTX 690 is more powerful than the R9-290x and the Titan. The only problem is I can only have two of them I think, whereas 3 or 4 R9-290X's would be superior.

Not sure what I'm going to do about this.

I think I will go with Nvidia. I have seen the inconsistent delivery of frames on Radeon cards and it looks absolutely horrible.

Not to mention, PhysX. I realize that it's really just worthless eye candy, but it adds so much to the experience! I can't go back to ATi now. nVidia remains the top of the high-end market for a reason.

And GTX 880 is just around the corner.. ::squeee!!::

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 20:43 ForgedReality

Shut up Carmack. You haven't been relevant for decades.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 00:36 ForgedReality

Carbon nanotubes are incredibly dangerous should any of the fibers get into the air. They are much more dangerous than fiberglass or asbestos. They destroy cells like billions of tiny razor blades. Can you imagine the damage that does when you breathe it in? Getting it into your bloodstream? Can you say brain hemorrhage? Worse? This is scary shit, and we need to be really careful what we do with it.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
61. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:54 ForgedReality

Just letting you guys know that today there were three updates released. One for Half-Life: Source, one for Half-Life 2, and one for Half-Life: Source Beta. Among the list of changes is "Added support for Linux and Mac OS X operating systems" for HL:S, and "Improved threaded performance on Linux and Mac OS X" in the case of HL2.

Is there still any question as to what Friday's announcement includes?

57. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:41 ForgedReality

PHJF wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 17:40:
No it's clearly a new Orange box with three threes in it:

Half-Life 3
Left 4 Dead 3
Portal 3

If this were true, I would easily buy three of them on launch day and give you one.

56. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:40 ForgedReality

DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 17:31:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:46:
Just dropping this here...

http://i.imgur.com/UbnwGnI.jpg

4chan? Okay, if that's really someone from Valve, what is said most likely isn't a stretch to the imagination but I think they would get a lot more support if they were doing something on the desktop and not the living room. Saying that you can run anything you want on SteamOS or transform it into a desktop environment (maybe or maybe not) isn't quite the Windows replacement everyone dreams of having.

Pretty sure that's not the goal. The goal is to create an amazing gaming platform. Not to replace the PC and all that it can do. Along with that goal comes driving the market forward and getting distributors to re-think their current strategies in terms of PC gamers instead of assuming it's a dead market. Hopefully. If it ever gains ground.

53. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:29 ForgedReality

All the threes. It's so obvious the game they're announcing on Friday is Half-Life 3, or Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

A trifecta of announcements. 300 chosen to beta test. "Nearly 3,000 games on Steam." Three reasons they went with Linux.

Valve, you're so clever. I love you.

51. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:21 ForgedReality

Jivaro wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:46:
Just dropping this here...

http://i.imgur.com/UbnwGnI.jpg

HL3 bundled with new GTX 880's? I was planning on buying one anyway. Bonus!

48. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:05 ForgedReality

zombiefan wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 17:00:
What a huge clusterfuck and a waste of resources. We could have been playing Half-Life 4 by now...

Fuck you Valve.

Well just be thankful that HL3 will be coming out with Source 2.

37. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:22 ForgedReality

You guys don't mind having to go back to shitty OpenGL? Direct3D has always been better in terms of support and graphical innovation. On some occasions, OGL has run better, but only because it doesn't support nearly the amount of shit that DirectX does. I can't imagine SteamBox looking or playing as spectacularly as my Win7 box with PhysX and everything.  

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
19. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 12:49 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 11:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:37:
Rockstar and Take Two have stated that GTAV will not be coming to next gen. consoles. Then again, they could be lying....

That article (I think) you're referring to was actually pretty ambiguous. They titled it "GTA5 not coming to PS4!" but Houser was talking about GTA6, and he just said that they haven't made any plans for GTA6 yet, so it was way too early to say if it would be PS4/180 exclusive.

If they make a PC version, they'd be completely insane not to do the relatively little bit of work to get it to run on the PS4/180.

The article I read makes no mention of GTA6. They SAID GTA5. The statement was that there are "no plans" to bring GTA5 to next gen consoles. That means they are not yet working on it, but that does not exclude the possibility of plans in the future. They are porting it to PC, and trying to get that out the door currently, so they don't have time to plan for porting to "next gen" consoles yet until they get that ironed out.

edit - forgot source: http://www.examiner.com/article/rockstar-has-no-plans-for-next-gen-gta-v

I hope they fix the textures so they don't look like blurry garbage for PC. And the physics. Holy shit. Can we get GTA4 driving physics back please? Sure, turning off the wheelspin limiter is nice, but lose the fucking arcade physics. Annoying.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
18. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 12:42 ForgedReality

jomisab wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:27:
I wonder if they will release for PC before next-gen. How long will it take for the installed base of next-gen consoles to eclipse the potential market for PC sales?

They have already said they aren't planning on a next gen version. That's not to say it's not in the cards for later, but there are no plans as of yet. PC will definitely come first.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 10:48 ForgedReality

They won't do that because current gamers probably have never even played Half-Life or the Episodes. They're not going to have a gaming-only PC just to play another in the franchise that they've never heard of.

The reason I have a gaming PC is because I am a gamer, but I'm also not some casual console gamer. I like having a PC because it's not just for games. What a hassle it would be if I had to jump on a different PC just to play a game I can't play on my regular PC that I'm probably already at, checking my email and Bluesnews. It would be like the pain in the ass involved in using a Console and its bad control schemes and hard-to-navigate menu/UI systems.

That's completely ignoring the fact that DirectX is ubiquitous and universally supported. If I had to go back to OpenGL, and lose all the awesome graphical candy I get with PhysX and DX11, I don't think it would be worth it.

Consoles are for people who can't afford to build a gaming PC. Valve is trying to mix two different markets... You can't afford Windows, but you can afford to build a gaming PC? Yeah, right. Good luck with your experiment, Valve, but I don't think it'll see nearly the adoption you think it will.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
7. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:40 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:38:
While what Nvidia says is true, in reality the best GPU isn't gonna mean shit if you need 1000 artists employed for 3 to 5 years to make a big AAA title.

What's limiting graphics isn't the GPU, it's the cost, time and manpower needed to make that superior looking gfx...

There is no ecomony of scale when it comes to modeling or texturing.

It's this but I think more so that PC games are all ported from consoles these days, so there's no real improvement since it was all written for 8 year old hardware.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
6. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 ForgedReality

NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:21:
I find these kind of statements to be pointless because the average PC is running Intel integrated crap, not high end Nvidia or AMD cards.

They're talking about capability, not what the average PC sold to 60 year olds can do. That is a completely different market. Gamers have gaming PCs, not Dells.

MajorD wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:11:
Unless significant noticable advancement are made in the PC graphics chips during each console life cycle, people aren't really going to care. I really didn't see any huge WOW factor between the two during the last life cycle (360 & PS3).

Did you ever stop to ask why that is? Games are currently built for consoles. They don't come CLOSE to what a PC can do. Nobody is writing code for PC, so the top of the line is never seen until the next generation of consoles, and by then it's the last generation on PC, and nobody can really max out their hardware. Blame the distributors.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 24, 2013, 01:37 ForgedReality

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 00:41:
Wonder if there is any correlation between violence and violence in video games studies, because every time I hear about one of these damn wastes of time I wanna go shoot something.

Violent people play violent video games. Therefore violent videogames are the reason my kids are all fucked up--not the way I raised them. Sure am glad to have a scapegoat! Now, about guns....

1199 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo