Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1448 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 31, 2014, 13:33 ForgedReality

LG, if it were tailor-made for gamers, IT WOULDN'T BE FUCKING CURVED! >:\  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE on an Oscilloscope
6. Re: QUAKE on an Oscilloscope Dec 29, 2014, 23:40 ForgedReality

It's pretty damned cool. Here's an "improved quality" version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIdiHh6mW58  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2014, 13:42 ForgedReality

Netflix: Why can't you just keep everything around forever? It would make your service more attractive, and you could become a repository for the world's entertainment. Why would you retire all these great films? Just create more server space if that's the issue. It's not like you can't afford it.  

News Comments > Talos Principle Punishes Pirates
11. Re: Talos Principle Punishes Pirates Dec 29, 2014, 13:27 ForgedReality

It's already cracked, guaranteed.

Although, I'm not sure who would pirate this game. It wasn't even on my list of watched games. But I guess there are hoarders out there who pirate anything they can just because...

News Comments > SPINTIRES Developer/Publisher Spat
4. Re: SPINTIRES Developer/Publisher Spat Dec 29, 2014, 00:20 ForgedReality

There's really not much to this tech demo. If it had more game to it, that would be one thing, but I won't miss it. Once the novelty of it wears off in a couple hours, it's pretty boring, imo.  

News Comments > Boxing Day Legal Briefs
15. Re: Boxing Day Legal Briefs Dec 26, 2014, 20:37 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 19:33:
[url=][/url]
Beamer wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 19:02:
harlock wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 18:14:
Julio wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 16:33:
Cutter wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 16:18:
Polygon's review of the film called it "gross, racist, and most of the time... not even funny."

Gee, the SJWs at Shittygon lambaste the film? Shocker!

Given North Korea doesn't approve of the movie, it's a clear given that the SJWs don't. That must mean it's pretty good!

so which kind of authoritarian thought control is better? foreign or domesticated?

How is saying that something is gross and not very funny "thought control?"
If them criticizing the movie is thought control, isn't your criticizing their review also thought control?

Are we in Inception?

you'll never get it - you can go ahead and stop asking questions as if you are still capable of logic or rational thought

STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY THOUGHTS! I'm onto you! >:O

News Comments > Free Deus Ex: Fallen Angel Prequel Novella
2. Re: Free Deus Ex: Fallen Angel Prequel Novella Dec 23, 2014, 20:08 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 17:12:
Cool
tl;dr? XD

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 10:54 ForgedReality

Frijoles wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 10:47:
I really miss the grappling hook from Quake, so this sounds interesting to me. I'll have to dust off my hats and give this a shot.

I made a version that allowed you to swing from it, as well as let go at any point, making for some crazy fun.

You could also hook enemies and items toward you, of course. It would allow you to grapple down over a ledge as well, since this version interacted with the world geometry, so you could hook a wall, then back up over a ledge, and hang there. It let you extend and retract the chain, so that you could, for example, lower yourself slowly into lava and pretend you were the Terminator from T2.

I hope this version is like that, but I really doubt it. Can't wait to get home from work to check it out.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2014, 18:48 ForgedReality

And what does the FCC use that money for? Hookers and blow? >:\  

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
29. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:31 ForgedReality

Because money.  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:48 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:42:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:23:
Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:07:
Saints Row does humor better, satire better, nuance better, and doesn't get so heavily stuck in being just gross.

But Saint's Row is nowhere near as fun! Once you complete that game, there is very little to bring you back to it to play again, at least in my experience. It never really draws me in the way a GTA game does, because its self-awareness just kind of gets old, I think. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, but Saint's Row lacks a lot of what makes GTA fun, rewarding, and keeps me going back. I even just like cruising around, enjoying the driving physics. Saint's Row is all crappy arcade nonsense.

The two games have different personalities, but while one takes itself far more seriously, that's also the one I find myself able to take more seriously and I find a certain level of gratification in that by itself--something that other game doesn't do so well. And once the novelty of "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS" (but not really all that much) has worn off, it's just a tired grind to the finish so I can put it away.

There's no denying that the engine/world of GTA is infinitely better than Saints Row. But the actual game of SR is infinitely better than GTA. Plot and characters aren't comparable. Other stuff is much more debatable, but I still give the edge to SR.

But man, the videos for GTAV on PC are unbelievable. It's shocking how enormous a jump that is. You'd think a game with that much going on wouldn't also have the best graphics, but there it is.

Did you just say SR had a plot?

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:07:
Saints Row does humor better, satire better, nuance better, and doesn't get so heavily stuck in being just gross.

But Saint's Row is nowhere near as fun! Once you complete that game, there is very little to bring you back to it to play again, at least in my experience. It never really draws me in the way a GTA game does, because its self-awareness just kind of gets old, I think. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, but Saint's Row lacks a lot of what makes GTA fun, rewarding, and keeps me going back. I even just like cruising around, enjoying the driving physics. Saint's Row is all crappy arcade nonsense.

The two games have different personalities, but while one takes itself far more seriously, that's also the one I find myself able to take more seriously and I find a certain level of gratification in that by itself--something that other game doesn't do so well. And once the novelty of "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS" (but not really all that much) has worn off, it's just a tired grind to the finish so I can put it away.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 10:40 ForgedReality

siapnar wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:49:
Graphics are only getting more realistic, and at this rate in no time we'll be able to swing the claw end of a hammer into an innocent's face, embedding it in their skull, their mouth opening and eyes rolling back as they crumple to the ground in a heap, blood gushing from their lifeless body.

I don't really see that as a healthy activity, virtual or not

That does sound like an insane amount of fun though! I'd play that game. XD Send that shit in to Rockstar!

But seriously, people need to stop complaining. It's getting more and more difficult to just enjoy life with all these pathetic, whining dickbags running around being buzzkills and trying to tell everyone else how to live their lives. Holy shit, no wonder there are so many angry people around that finally snap and shoot up a mall one day. Stop trying to be our mother!

Can't wait to see what they say about Triad Wars. You can brutally beat dozens of people a minute. In fact, that's the main focus of the game. You can bash people's faces against walls, stomp their head into a telephone booth, slam them against a car and then dump them in the trunk... It's all way more visceral and personal when a lot of the game is spent doing hand-to-hand combat.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
9. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 10:32 ForgedReality

Half-Life 3 confirmed!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 ForgedReality

Is a theater even allowed to deny a customer access to a film based on its rating? The way they write it, they're like, "yeah, we'll let kids in AT OUR DISCRETION." What? You weren't obligated to block viewers in the first place. It's like you're just trying to make yourselves look like indignant white knights.

And no children under 17? I thought that was the NC-17 rating, not R...?

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
19. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 11:58 ForgedReality

It's 2014.

WHY IN THE FUCK ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE WHO EXIST THAT CANNOT TELL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "YOUR" AND "YOU'RE"?! Holy fucking shit. It's not hard.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
5. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 12:40 ForgedReality

It reminds me of Spore in a way. The randomness just kind of mix and matches the same assets around. I can't see this having much longevity from a player's perspective.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2014, 09:29 ForgedReality

In case anyone else was trying to figure out what the fuck "boxen" meant:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boxen

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Dec 5, 2014, 09:25 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 07:52:
The missile pic is really funny. Why would a missile need steering 'fins' in a vaccuum. /facepalm.

So they can follow a ship into an atmosphere, duh! Probably, into another game, since this one has no atmosphere... Zing!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2014, 12:06 ForgedReality

Guy Accidently Hits The Fap Button on His Mechanical Arm

So you guys know, it's not legit. It's actually from a comedy show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuhXI-M9l0&feature=player_detailpage#t=133

1448 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo