Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1506 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2015, 19:47 ForgedReality

Fion wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 13:34:
The Icar will be sleek and futuristic. The really cool hipsters will drive them to and from the coffee shop to work on their novels. The Icar will track your cars every location, with bloated, slow and unavoidable software that is increasingly broken or out dated.

The fascinating, world changing, magical Icar will have half the functionality and features of it's competition but cost twice as much.

Of course, the iCar will only function on iRoads and can only be parked in an iGarage. It will only come in automatic, and will not go above 50mph. The iCar will carry a base price of $71,769 for the silver one, and $345,045 for the gold one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
24. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 01:05 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 00:49:
Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 21:46:
Were the people who gave him money for Godus unaware of who he was and his history? This is the only guy in this industry that was assigned PR handlers when he was in public to keep him from being himself. I just hope all his bridges are burned and he can't ever come back.

Well, the guy who won the curiosity cube wasn't even born when Peter made Populous and Powermonger.

God I loved those games. He hasn't made a good game since. How the mighty have fallen.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 10:30 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:41:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:22:
Lawmakers with the help of Republican FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai are also calling on Chairman Tom Wheeler to be more transparent and publicly share the draft proposal that will be voted on February 26. Of course, Ajit Pai admits that the FCC never shares these documents prior to a vote and refuses to release the draft himself.

Perhaps their calls for greater transparency would be more believable and effective if they didn't come only when they would benefit the party asking for it.

What are they exactly asking for? Better transparency or a change of the rules? I still don't comprehend how the Republican Party holds so much influence, power and sway. I mean they consistently vote against their constituents and the core tenets of their party, issue after issue after issue and yet they keep getting elected. As an outsider I guess I will never understand the U.S. two party democracy and it's intricacies...*sigh*

The parties are meaningless. It's all about who has the money to fund the corporatocracy. The only function parties and labels serve is in keeping the lazy-minded, easily brainwashed public thinking that democracy exists.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
26. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 12:42 ForgedReality

It just seems to me, the only things this game has are running cargo to get money to build up so you stand a chance against the annoying ships that are always attacking you on your way to every single destination. That shit would get repetitive as fuck, especially with nothing else to do but buy and sell goods. There needs to be more of a purpose than what you create; either that, or just more options for what you can do in order to give that purpose more meaning.

Fly here, get shit, fly here, sell shit, get annoyingly interdicted while you're trying to do something every five minutes, fly somewhere else, repeat. That about sums up what I get from this game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2015, 12:29 ForgedReality

Haven't seen it on my F8500, but I don't use the built-in Plex app. Its interface is weird. I prefer to stream to my Chromecast from the Plex app on my phone.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders Expansion This Month
3. Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders Expansion This Month Feb 10, 2015, 18:37 ForgedReality

http://i.imgur.com/5zOsAM3.png  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 18:11 ForgedReality

Titanfall was only as big of a success as it was (and still not that great) because of the novelty, and little kids who need it now, and mommy not knowing how to say no. I'm sure almost no one still plays it, and a second game is not going to be anywhere near as well received unless they make some huge changes. The first one was all hype.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Evolve Drivers
5. Re: NVIDIA Evolve Drivers Feb 10, 2015, 18:06 ForgedReality

JSP wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 17:58:
They might not have purposefully gimped 970's performance but did nothing to correct misinformation being bandied about as truth on review sites and on the web, until being caught red handed by end users, amounting to breach of trust, deception and understandably appearing conspirational.

Well you can always go out and buy an AMD card then.

That has the added perk of also being able to remove the heating system from your home.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 12:50 ForgedReality

DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:38:
Yep, you're doubling up on the DRM but some people put more faith in Steam being able to push 60gb of data to them in a timely manner and they also just like to have all of their games on Steam.

Well you can add it as a non-Steam game. No biggie.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 12:34 ForgedReality

DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:19:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:17:
GTA5 Is still fourth when you got the steam page today
https://store.steampowered.com/mobilestorefront/topsellers

and it's not even a Steam game, everywhere else you buy it you get a Rockstar SocialClub key.

Pretty sure even the Steam version doesn't use Steamworks. You still need to go through the Social Club for multiplayer and stuff. May as well buy it from somewhere other than Steam so you have a choice of free game that it comes with.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases Feb 7, 2015, 12:35 ForgedReality

Sempai wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:15:
Nope.

Fuck. I came here to say exactly that.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 12:33 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:45:
Um, wtf Samsung? Not that I buy their shit anyway but that only helps reinforce why I don't want stuff from them and Apple to begin with.

Heh, QFT....

"I believe communications companies may have been having improper influence on this committee. I'd like to see their communications, meetings with company representatives, and any documents in their possession."

sigh ...

Tinfoil hat time, I guess.

The wording in the EULA is fairly obvious that it is only recording and transmitting things when the voice command is activated. It's saying, "we will transmit things you say directly to the TV in the context of a command, if you put personal information into the command, it may be transmitted", not "we will record passive conversations".

It's no different than google transmitting your search results to third parties, and I guarantee other manufacturers who make TVs with similar voice command features note a similar thing in their EULA.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 13:59 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:24:
If I were a Comcast customer I'd hope for the "Asshole" bill, you get this:

Last week, we wrote about a Comcast customer whose first name was changed to “Asshole” on a bill. Comcast apologized to the customer and offered a full refund for the previous two years and two years of service at no charge.

Worth it! $2400 in cash and your next $2400 free, value.

Jesus. Your Comcast bill is that high? Mine isn't even $80 and I have 105mbit.

But hey! Maybe the merger will make everything all better! </sarcasm>

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
17. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:48 ForgedReality

Well, to be fair, it was a pretty weak year...  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month Feb 5, 2015, 21:24 ForgedReality

"Sir, Rogue PC sold like shit!"

"Those damned pirates! Always ruining our profits from our high quality products!"

If only they pulled their heads outta their ass and realized the real reason why we don't buy their garbage.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Feb 5, 2015, 00:01 ForgedReality

How the hell is Creative still around? Nobody needs a soundcard anymore.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 4, 2015, 12:14 ForgedReality

Wait... IBM still exists? :O  

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
18. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 12:13 ForgedReality

BitWraith wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:48:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:35:
Valve seems to be getting into all kinds of things and not finish anything before jump on the other.
-Steam controller
-Steam OS
-Steam graphics API
-Steam VR
Lots of potential "game changer" and huge plans but everything seem to get abandoned after a few months when the hype settles.
I am waiting for Valve to announce the next big thing in mobile gaming a Valve tablet or something. Than a few months later they will just forget about it and announce the ground breaking new tech in sound technology for pc gamers.

Those things are all tied together - one project, not many.

Well, he left out Half-Life 3. Let's face it: that fucker's never happening.

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
25. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 3, 2015, 17:21 ForgedReality

Vladdo wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:21:
Kinda the last thing ubisoft need right now is for gamers to think.. oh.. that's a ubisoft game.. no thanks..

...I thought everyone already did that...

1506 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo