Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1076 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer
21. Re: Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 17:11 ForgedReality

Dear EA,

FIX YOUR FUCKING STEAMING PILE OF SHIT BEFORE TRYING TO ADD MORE SHIT TO THE PILE. EVEN FLIES CAN GET TOO MUCH SHIT.

Thank you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
41. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 16:28 ForgedReality

Mangrove wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 15:17:
I like the pitch but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to trust a man in a haemorrhage inducing fleur-de-lis t-shirt.
Yeah, those crazy, mixed up French-Canadians.

Did you know France always runs from a fight? It's true! I bet they also run from an opportunity, and take all that fan-driven money with them.

You're probably right. This will never happen. Damn Frenchies. >:O

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
10. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 15:46 ForgedReality

Dev wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 15:09:
Beelzebud wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 13:40:
I don't care what anyone says, this was a scumbag move from Bethesda.

And it was an even stupider move of Notch to even try and fight over this. The last thing he needs is an expensive legal battle (even if he's 100% in the right).

Not having the trademark means that anyone else can come up with a game called scrolls too if they like, so it would have been better to choose a name he could trademark.

And not only that, but trying to push yet another digital Collectible Card Game in an already saturated market, wasn't the best call either. He's spreading his company too thin with too many projects at once that aren't minecraft related (minecraft is a very successful IP for him, but if he doesn't exploit it, it doesn't do him much good in the future).

IANAL

Dude, you think he fucking cares? He's richer than God. Chump change to him.

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
59. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 16:55 ForgedReality

Dear id,

Nobody cares. Please go out of business.

-Your adoring fans

News Comments > Layoffs Strike Starbreeze
21. Re: Layoffs Strike Starbreeze Feb 19, 2012, 13:41 ForgedReality

Never heard of it...  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
85. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 8, 2012, 00:21 ForgedReality

WyldKat wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 00:18:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 19:10:
Yeah if you are getting pink textures it means a texture is missing.

It is also caused by someone not having enough RAM or VRAM.

I haven't had any problems or slowdowns and the pack looks amazing and beats the so called "HD" packs on Nexus.

That used to happen when the game was running out of RAM before the LAA patch and you weren't using the 4gb loader. The texture doesn't fit in memory, so the object just has a solid color and bump map.

84. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 8, 2012, 00:20 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 00:17:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 00:03:

I notice absolutely zero difference. I uninstalled Sky-UI thinking that was causing it not to work. No. They either apparently did just about nothing to improve the textures, or the fucking thing doesn't fucking work. >:\

Did you actually LOAD the esps? Trust me, there's TONS of texture difference all over. They touched a little over a quarter of all textures in the entire game, and especially weapons and armor have been pretty heavily upgraded. (in some cases weapons have been quadrupled.)

Creston

Yep. Haven't noticed anything different.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2012, 00:18 ForgedReality

Hall of Doodie: Deep Cover 4: Sniper - Professional, Anti-Terrorist Edition Platinum 2.  

80. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 8, 2012, 00:03 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:40:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:19:
Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 22:45:
Is that what's happening, or is it just a case of the bsa overriding everything in the "data" folder?

Though now that I think about it, that's exactly the opposite of the way that Bethesda's games normally work... Hmmm, weird. Don't know why Beth would deliberately break a ton of texture mods that way...

Creston
That's happening as far as I understand from texture and nif modders. There's a two way flagging system that allows you to flag your textures high or low res. High res will always get priority in loading as long as the associated ESP is loaded, and it can find the BSA. Otherwise it will default to loose files, or to the specified bsa.

I work more so in the scripting area, but in the closed modder forums that I frequent there's no shortage of grumbling over it.

But those flags are happening on a per-texture basis, right? Or is it more general than that?

Btw, for those interested about the High-Res pack:

1) I've lost literally 0% performance in using it. (In fact, I hadn't even played with 1.4 yet, so the whole game runs even smoother than it already used to.)

2) Certain things have definitely gotten a lot nicer. Clothes, armors and weapons certainly. Immediately noticeable were all the food textures, which have been massively upgraded (tomatoes are REALLY pretty now). Some rock textures were upgraded, and they improved the fauna quite a bit (though to be fair, it looks like they just took Vurt's work and copied it...)

Whiterun looks pretty nice now, they did a lot of work on the roof and beam textures, it looks very crisp now. They altered probably 60-70%, if I had to guess, of the wooden textures.

Other things, however, are still the same low rez stuff. I didn't expect them to improve every texture, but the "snowy rock" still looks horrendously shitty, the snow itself is still shit, and most tables are still pretty poor as well. All in all I'd say use this texture pack and keep using all the 3rd party ones as well, but of course I don't know how that flag Mashiki was talking about affects them. I'll fire some of them up tonight and see what happens.

As for Steam workshop being "the future of modding" ... it's basically a direct copy of the Nexus sites. The only thing it does better than Nexus is auto-updating. (which I will admit is a seriously cool feature.)

Edit : I could have saved myself the trouble of typing all this out. Hehe.

Oh well.

Creston

I notice absolutely zero difference. I uninstalled Sky-UI thinking that was causing it not to work. No. They either apparently did just about nothing to improve the textures, or the fucking thing doesn't fucking work. >:\

79. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 23:57 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:33:

19x10 is low rez?

Yes. LCD technology is a step backward from the days when we could go much, much higher, with way better color accuracy and higher refresh rates. I play on a 24" widescreen CRT (Sony FW-900) at 2304x1440 and I don't have to enable stupid vsync.

75. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 23:25 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 22:43:
avianflu wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 20:06:
p.s. Like a few others here, I run the game via HDMI to my HDTV and it looks great and the couch is comfy. You also gain the benefit of running at native 720P, which puts less work on your PC's GPU if you have a 24 inch LCD display like I do that runs native at 1920x1200.
Why would any gamer want to run ANY game at 720p? I have a 42" LED HDTV hooked up to my computer and it's 1080p (like most are), so only slightly lower resolution than my desktop monitor - performance isn't any different, it just means that if I'm not feeling particularly motivated I'll grab my X360 controller and lay back.

If I wanted my games to look like crap I'd buy a console.

Bothy 720 and 1080 are pretty fucking low res. I don't know how anybody handles it. :\

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 7, 2012, 03:18 ForgedReality

Fax machines? Really? Next you'll be telling me stone tablets are being recalled because people keep getting rock chips in their eyes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2012, 01:40 ForgedReality

Skyrim is STILL selling gobs of copies, even with a hugely-discounted game in the running. I'd say that's pretty impressive, rather than the opposite.  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
47. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 6, 2012, 01:31 ForgedReality

headkase wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 22:53:
tuddies wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 22:26:
plus, megatexture turns out to be a pile of shit on PC. just not worth anything at all.

the most elegant coding solutions are usually the best, and according to carmack himself, megatexture was an enormously complex feat to pull off and it gets easily blown away with unreal, cryengine and of course, frostbyte

kudos to carmack for trying new things. keep trying, because gamers benefit from the competition

Megatexture is another tool in the belt. RAGE *is* a tech-demo for it and it proves that for things you will never get close to it's a beautiful technology. However, on it's own it's not that great. Perhaps it can be great on it's own when Blu-Ray is the primary distribution method for games - and the texture size is 50GB to go along with it. However, what megatexture really will be good for is in combination with other techniques. Combined as one layer in a overall Level of Detail scheme I'm sure it'll come into it's own and future games will be jaw-dropping.

What's jaw-dropping is your apparent inability to grasp the concept of a contraction. "It's" ***ALWAYS*** means "it is."

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2012, 01:25 ForgedReality

Ron Paul is our salvation.  

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
10. Re: Steam top 10 Jan 29, 2012, 21:38 ForgedReality

Kastagir wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 14:53:
Skyrim's still on top...and chickens still report crimes!

They never did. If someone sees you harming a "valuable animal," then you're in trouble. Just don't get caught.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
9. Re: Minecraft Interview Jan 29, 2012, 21:36 ForgedReality

wtf_man wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 18:47:
In any case... I have zero interest in Minecraft.

Guess what! Notch doesn't care. Nor does anyone else here. Get over yourself. That self-important attitude belongs on Facebook, along with all the other conceited dullards who think anyone else gives a fuck about what they think.

Thank you, have a nice day.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2012, 21:48 ForgedReality

Hideous. And how are you so big of a nerd that you can tell what specific ship it is from a fucking wood carving? Get a job. XD  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC
20. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 22:21 ForgedReality

I'll just download them all like with ME2.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
36. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 23:22 ForgedReality

Jesus christ. Why do people have to be assholes in order to ruin shit for honest players who just want to have a good time? These pricks are making money off of it too! Retarded. As if the game weren't unbalanced enough, check out the feature set:

The FPSCHEATS Battlefield 3 Hack

Full Feature List:
Aimbot:
* Auto Aim
* Full No Spread, All bullets hit dead on center
* Full 360 FOV Aimbot, can even see behind you
* Bone Scan, Find a bone to hit when the player hides
* Aim key, Select and use any aimkey you want to use
* Choose from different Hitboxes to aim for; Head/Neck/Chest/Waist
* Select Enemies, Friends, or Everyone as your target.
* Smooth Aim, Slows the movement of the aimbot to look more like a natural player.
* Visibility Checks, Aimbot only locks on when player can be hit
* Knifebot with boneaim to target any area of the enemy
* Auto Pistol, Hold down the fire key and watch it auto unload
* Target by closest to distance or closest to crosshair
* Preferred Target Selection, Enter a soldier name or clan tag to turn those players bounding boxes yellow to hunt them down
* Friendly Target Skip, List the names of friends you don't want to kill

ESP:
* Name Tags, Show names of all friendlies and enemies.
* Health Tags, Show health of all friendlies and enemies.
* Visual Tags, Shows an icon or frame around enemies to give away their position, even behind walls.
* Distance Tags, Show the distance between you and all friendlies and enemies.
* Smart Bounding Boxes, Enemy is red, RDX enemy is orange and anyone you want to take revenge on can be selected to have a yellow box

ViewDistance:
* Select from three varying distances to allow you to see the entire map.

2D Radar:
* Reveals enemy positions.
* Zoom feature

Misc:
* Trigger Bot, Lets you be more discreet by only firing when your crosshair hovers over the enemy.
* Spawn beacon Chams, find enemy spawn beacons with ease
* Show FPS, Show how many frames per second your running
* Show Time, Display the current time in game
* Enemy Aim Warnings, Enemy name appears at top center when they aim at you
* Choose from any of the games crosshairs

1076 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo