Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1552 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam User Record
2. Re: I helped! Mar 16, 2015, 19:11 ForgedReality

Ant wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 17:34:
Because of Red Faction: Guerrilla free weekend. I played it for about 4/four h(ou)rs.

I don't care what anybody says. That game is fun as fuck. Yeah it gets kind of repetitive later on, but who cares when you have such an enjoyable physics toy at your disposal? I originally...acquired it years ago when it was first released (why no demos? >:\) and ended up buying it because it was awesome. I still go back to it from time to time. The remote bombs you get later are a blast! (Punny!)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
16. Re: Darn, I am too slow. Mar 16, 2015, 19:07 ForgedReality

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 17:59:
I tried ROTT2013 a year ago and even though the controls and shooting mechanics are there it's just not very fun. Badguys are pretty much the same everywhere, level design is plain with easy to solve puzzles and key hunts, platforming sections are mostly annoying, and the world itself is boring. If you want a really good oldschool shooter that is FREE try WGRealms 2. It's a crazy yet perfectly realized hybrid of the best parts of 90's games.

I'm not too upset that I missed it then. That WG Realms thing looks interesting but they don't seem to be too actively developing it anymore. :\

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 15, 2015, 16:20 ForgedReality

Why not just JBOD 10 1tb Samsung 850 Pros together instead? It would be much faster, and likely cheaper even, considering they're targeting corporate audiences with this, and it's a shiny new tech.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 16:15 ForgedReality

The only game to ever outsell itself. Twice! Within the same period! :O  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 19:02 ForgedReality

Is it a game yet?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 22:59 ForgedReality

Thanks for beta testing GTA5 for us, console plebs.  

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
20. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2015, 22:20 ForgedReality

I like how there's a category for "British game" HAHAHAHH!! What the fuck kind of award is that? "Welp, this is the most British game we've seen all year, so...."

Dumb.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting Mar 12, 2015, 00:05 ForgedReality

http://vote.justcause.com/images/diorama3.png

I hope the scale isn't that skewed. Look how HUGEGANTIC Rico is, especially compared to the pilot inside the cockpit! HAHAH!! That's just a really terrible mock-up job.

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
7. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 11, 2015, 23:58 ForgedReality

Had it not been on Origin, I bet the game would have done a lot better. But then, the game is pretty boring and overrated as it is. The novelty of robots wears off quick, and then it's just an annoying grindfest. If it were free to play and on Steam, it might be worth sticking with it though. Oh well.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage Mar 10, 2015, 13:23 ForgedReality

I think this game has more reloading in it than any game I've ever seen. Holy crap. I swear, the guy playing reloads like every 3.7 seconds.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 20:29 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:44:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:14:
Apple Just Canceled The Right Click.

Glad I don't use Apple.

Huh, I thought they had given up on that ridiculousness.

At least now, with this "Force Click" nonsense, when you get really angry at the fact that iTunes just locked up, maybe your ravenous slamming your fingers down on the trackpad in a mad rage will actually cause something to happen.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 20:25 ForgedReality

LULZ!!! The Oculus is already dead. XD  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer Mar 9, 2015, 19:58 ForgedReality

Looks like console-poop.

Also, what the fuck is up with the goose down flying everywhere? Christ that would get annoying quick.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 14:58 ForgedReality

That tap concept will work for maybe 6 months at the most, and it won't be that nice while it does work. It won't take long before the "turbines" stop spinning due to gunk from the pipes (bits of metal included) and algae build up. Leading up to their eventual failure, they will start rotating more and more slowly and less consistently. While they work, the water isn't going to do quite what these 3d renders depict. The water will glob together and not stay "pretty" for more than a couple of inches or so, and that's stretching it. Interesting idea, but it's ignoring some pretty basic physics concepts.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 17:13 ForgedReality

Oh well. Now I'm kind of glad the collector's edition is sold out everywhere. Pass. I'll be busy playing GTA5 soon anyway. Maybe I'll pick this up in a $5 sale or something.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 13:45 ForgedReality

I love how they don't show the water not reacting at all when he steps/falls into it. I also like how someone at Epic clearly doesn't understand how kites work. At all. XD  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2015, 20:46 ForgedReality

vacs wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 16:09:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 15:03:
You've not heard anything about the controllers it comes with right? Or maybe they're optional, but whatever. I bet that would go a long way toward solving the second type. If your hands are moving, and you see them moving in-game, it's going to help you feel a lot more connected to the visuals. I don't think it's that far-fetched.

The problem cannot possibly be solved with any visual aid.
The vestibular system feels if your body is accelerating, decelerating or standing still. If your position doesn't change but your visual organ sees you moving, your brain gets confused and some people will get motion sick, irregardless of what visual aids or other tricks the googles play on you.

The issue is the contradicting information your brain gets, not the lack of realism of the graphics!

The lag problem can be fixed or at least greatly reduced by increasing the VR helmet's response time, I believe Valve is at least on the right track with this part of motion sickness inducing.

And there is actually a third kind of motion sickness, which again has mostly has been solved with OR and probably Valve's solution: A minor group of people simply cannot get used to this forced 3D viewing, the convergence of the 3D image as also the forced focus doesn't fit everyone... but at least this can be solved purely by optimizing the software and the visuals.

Irregardless isn't a word, and I think you meant "goggles."

I think part of the thing with the Vive is that you are moving. That would alleviate some of the effect, perhaps enough to make dizziness a non-issue.

Regardless, we are talking about an unreleased product with no firsthand experience. Let's hold off on the nonsensical speculation, shall we?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2015, 15:03 ForgedReality

NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:26:
loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 11:45:
the only definite here is that you two goons definitely don't know if this is BS or not

I don't think it's too outrageous to say that a claim that 0% of people will get motion sickness while using SteamVR is BS. It's technically and medically impossible for that to be true. Some people are very prone to motion sickness, even using normal monitors, to say nothing of motion tracking VR. Sell thousands of units and you will get at least 1 person who got motion sickness while using it, making it a non-zero value.

Now, Gaben might have intended to say something else, but his claim as quoted is bullshit, plain and simple.

It's not BS if it really does have a 0% motion sickness rate THUS FAR. That's all it says. Nobody has gotten motion sickness from using it yet. That doesn't say that nobody ever will, but it's still a huge step in the right direction.

vacs wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 12:33:
loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 11:45:
NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:54:
LurkerLito wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:13:
Newell: SteamVR headset has 0% motion sickness rate.
I call BS.

Yeah, definitely BS.

the only definite here is that you two goons definitely don't know if this is BS or not

No, they are right. There are two different type of VR motion sickness people: Those who get affected because there is slight lag between the movement of your head and the corresponding image showing up and those who get motion sick because they watch a video of the whole body moving around but in reality they are standing still (or sitting).

There is quite a lot info on this from the Oculus Rift people.

Whatever improvements Steam VR googles have included, they can only get rid of the first type of motion sickness, never the second.

In that respect, Newell's statement is pure marketing (and quite a bit of BS)

You've not heard anything about the controllers it comes with right? Or maybe they're optional, but whatever. I bet that would go a long way toward solving the second type. If your hands are moving, and you see them moving in-game, it's going to help you feel a lot more connected to the visuals. I don't think it's that far-fetched.

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
3. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 4, 2015, 19:10 ForgedReality

How long after the last Titan did the 780ti appear? I think this bodes well for those of us who aren't trust fund kids.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 17:23 ForgedReality

SirKnight wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:49:
Razumen wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:27:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 14:34:
Also, I'm hearing that fucking Wilhelm scream sound effect more and more in movies, tv shows, and games these days. The other one I hear all the time is the stereotypical prison door squeak. Fucking annoying. It's not funny anymore, you guys. Stop it.

That and that generic sound effect that is invariably used for doors opening/closing in science fiction shows-argh.

I think that sound was also what DOOM used for doors, or at least very similar. I remember watching some scifi movie once (don't remember what it was called) and when doors were opening and closing I was like WTF that's DOOM sounds!

DOOM used a lot of stock audio effects. The zombie soldier sounds, imp sounds, etc. I still hear those every so often in zombie/horror shows/movies. It's kind of comical, but only because I know where I first heard them, and they're not nearly as pervasive as the Wilhelm Scream and prison door sounds.

1552 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo