Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1181 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 12, 2013, 16:47 ForgedReality

Good riddance.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
15. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 16:34 ForgedReality

Origin is fucking HORRIBLE. You're on crack.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
18. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 16:27 ForgedReality

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:27:
"Hey guys isnt there a Hobbit movie coming out?"

"I think so"

"ok lets make another generic hack and slash 3rd person Middle Earth game that will be a shitty console port"

"im on it"

Hehe... One guy working on it. That's probably about accurate.

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
8. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:07 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:04:
My only gfMFwl concern left is Red Faction:Guerilla. And since its publisher has gone belly up, I'm going to guess that we'll be fucked come next year
You don't have to log into GFWL to play. It doesn't really detract from the experience at all--just don't use it. Guerrilla was a fantastic game. I wish the sequel didn't reportedly suck so bad (I never played it because of that). I had so much fun with RF:G.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 9, 2013, 00:53 ForgedReality

Yeah as long as you only have to deal with them for internet, you're fine. I pay for their 50mbit internet only deal and it's totally worth it to me. I usually get over 60mbit, and it costs less than my cell service through Sprint. If you want to talk about a company that fucking sucks, it's Sprint, but there are some things about it that I like, so... I guess you choose your battles.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 17:52 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:50:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:46:
Julio wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:42:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 12:49:
It's not just girls... It's also little pussy bitch males who were raised by a single mother with no male role model. >:\ Man up, ladies. John Connor was a movie character, and his mother was a mannish dyke. She filled both holes roles. Just sayin'. XD

I'm guessing you think you'd be a "good male role model"? Here's to hoping you actually don't have kids.
No, I know I wouldn't. I'd be like my dad. Plus I can't stand kids. Explains everything. I choose to never have any. You're welcome.

Darwin at work, I suppose.

"Intelligent design."

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 17:46 ForgedReality

Julio wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:42:
It's not just girls... It's also little pussy bitch males who were raised by a single mother with no male role model. >:\ Man up, ladies. John Connor was a movie character, and his mother was a mannish dyke. She filled both holes roles. Just sayin'. XD

I'm guessing you think you'd be a "good male role model"? Here's to hoping you actually don't have kids.
No, I know I wouldn't. I'd be like my dad. Plus I can't stand kids. Explains everything. I choose to never have any. You're welcome.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 17:41 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:51:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 12:40:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:05:
It's not just girls... It's also little pussy bitch males who were raised by a single mother with no male role model. >:\ Man up, ladies.

Whoa, dude. WTF? I don't think that brush was broad or callous enough.

Also, John Connor was raised by his mom, and he took out all of Skynet. Just sayin'

John Connor was a movie character, and his mother was a mannish dyke. She filled both holes roles. Just sayin'. XD

You're a crass ass. Fine, here's a partial list of successful men raised by their mothers.
Presidents Obama and Clinton
Stephen Colbert
Samuel L. Jackson
John Lennon
Jack Nicholson
Shaq
Al Pacino
Keanu Reeves
Jon Stewart
Kanye
Ah, so because there are some exceptions due to good parenting (and most likely because they had other important adults in their lives as well), that automatically negates all the thousands of cases where single mothers were ill-equipped to properly raise their children in a way that resulted in a relatively stable and well-adjusted adult. I'm glad fallacies don't count. Good to know we have professional psychologists on this site to express their expertise.

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
17. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 16:54 ForgedReality

So ready to upgrade from my 3gb GTX580 to the 880 when it's finally released. AMD lost me as a customer years ago.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 12:49 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 12:40:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:05:
It's not just girls... It's also little pussy bitch males who were raised by a single mother with no male role model. >:\ Man up, ladies.

Whoa, dude. WTF? I don't think that brush was broad or callous enough.

Also, John Connor was raised by his mom, and he took out all of Skynet. Just sayin'

John Connor was a movie character, and his mother was a mannish dyke. She filled both holes roles. Just sayin'. XD

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 11:07 ForgedReality

RE: Babies' eyes

I thought this was common knowledge... ?

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 11:05 ForgedReality

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 7, 2013, 12:36 ForgedReality

Bring on the GTX880 already! Christ! The 700 series is a year old. Time to move on. >_<  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 11:47 ForgedReality

EIGHT HUNDRED PING?!?!!? Ridiculous! I won't join servers with more than 100. When I see laggers in a game, it annoys the shit out of me. Why wouldn't you sort your server list by ping and join the lowest ones? Some games, people come in with half a second ping, and it makes the entire game lag for everyone else while the server waits for updates from the laggy client (Blacklight, I'm looking at you), and it's aggravating as hell. Why they would use a default value of 800 is unthinkable.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 17:09 ForgedReality

Numinar wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 08:30:
On the bright side, at least there is a large segment of Conservative America actually aggressively promoting facts regarding geological history instead of pandering to young earthers!

And now I am even more scared. My daughter has to grow up in this mess you monsters.

That's your fault for illogically having kids when the end of the world is just around the corner. Crazy fuck.

27. Re: Leaked Climate Change Report Predicts Violent, Poorer, Sicker Future. Nov 5, 2013, 17:07 ForgedReality

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:58:
Never mind that there's enough errors in the IPCC reports(useful tip: it's a political body, not a scientific one), that you could drown yourself in them.

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 20:40:
IPCC reports have big enough holes in them to drive a semi through, they're also a known political body, not a scientific one.

You two have GOT to be the same person. Good job fooling all of us!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 14:54 ForgedReality

Guys, it's "Ball of Doody," not "Call of Doody." XD  

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
29. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 16:05 ForgedReality

Draugr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:09:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:09:
However, I've said it before: OpenGL just doesn't have the chops to compete with the likes of DirectX/Direct3D at this point. Hopefully this will bring the pressure required to finally bring OGL into the current gen.

Microsoft should be patting itself on the back for what appears to be a job well done.

I don't know who told you that about OpenGL, but it's incorrect.
I used to use it a lot, although that was years ago, admittedly. Most games don't even support it anymore.

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:23:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:12:
You know, one of you three could provide links, to back up your side of the argument...

Valve states from their experience that OpenGL is better.
No, they say that it's FASTER, not that it's BETTER. Everyone knows it's faster. It always has been. That's partly because it has fewer features. The color saturation always seemed a little better under OGL for whatever reason, but the image quality and feature list was never there for me. I don't care if it's a little bit faster if it can't support half of the current effects of DirectX.

(Edit - To clarify: in DirectX, the features/effects/extensions/shaders/etc. are just there; available for the developers to make use of in-game. With OGL, these functionalities must be written into the game, and as nVidia and ATi/AMD use different rendering techniques, one version needs to be developed for nVidia, and another for AMD. [or at least this is how it used to be--please correct me if this has changed] This adds a lot of additional development effort, making OGL a lot more of a pain in the ass to implement, whereas D3D just has standardized methods for employing graphics rendering techniques already baked-in. For these reasons, while the OGL API may support the majority of D3D's capabilities, they are rarely given the attention they are due by developers because of the additional efford required, and thus, OGL never really ends up looking as good.)

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2013, 16:37.

12. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:08 ForgedReality

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:18:
Corsair Carbide Air 540, heck even my old Antec 280 case is chambered for the power supply and hard drives split from the motherboard / cpu / graphics card.
Maybe I read wrong, but it looks like the Steambox wants to separate everything so that it has its own separate airspace. The CPU and GPU generate a lot of heat, so it's a good idea to keep them separate at least. However, it can only get as cool as the surrounding air, so your comment about closing it up behind a glass door holds a lot of merit. I hope they're really up-front about how limited you'll be in terms of where you place the unit. I bet they'll need to plaster it with all kinds of disclaimers and stuff for the lesser technically-minded of us who are undoubtedly going to give this a shot.

SirKnight wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:56:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:09:
However, I've said it before: OpenGL just doesn't have the chops to compete with the likes of DirectX/Direct3D at this point. Hopefully this will bring the pressure required to finally bring OGL into the current gen.

That is so untrue it's not even funny. As a a graphics programmer of around 15 years now, I'm just baffled that someone could possibly think that with all the easy to find resources that's out there.
Yeah? I don't know about you, but I'll find it difficult to lose a majority of the DX11 and PhysX features by gaming on an OpenGL platform... Claiming that this won't be an issue is misguided at best.

4. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 14:14 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:10:
How about getting the client up to date first? Remove the bloat, streamline it, make it faster, an offline mode that works, etc.
It's not even using the Steam client; just the service. (But you're probably just suggesting they re-prioritize...)

What's bloated, non-streamlined, or slow about it though? None of those seem to apply to my experiences with it at all.

1181 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo