Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1200 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 15, 2014, 15:48 ForgedReality

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:38:
I get that's how economics work, but it still seems shitty. Guess we'll be seeing pour friends from the north coming down for their PS4s.

It's not even 10 cents difference between USD and CAD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
31. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 13, 2014, 16:06 ForgedReality

Core i7 980x @ 4.2ghz and 12 gigs of pc3200. No problem there... Now all I need is for the friggin 880gtx to come out so I can upgrade this aging 3gb 580.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2014, 14:56 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 13:28:
LittleMe wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 12:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 11:44:
Put a gun against the shithead's face and pull the trigger.

She's already dead no need to shoot her.

Wtf is that supposed to mean?
It means he was trying to make a terrible joke in some flavor of dark humor.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 16:01 ForgedReality

Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:59:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:54:
Fion wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:45:
I found the open beta to be pretty 'meh' myself. As an old mechwarrior fan the total lack of customization and simplicity of combat in the Mechs is a huge turn off to me. Everyone just uses the one that gathers and throws back bullets. Combine that with the handful of tiny, uninspired maps and terrible AI on the bots you cannot turn off. This is bargain bin material for me. I'd frankly much prefer to just reinstall BF4, a startlingly better game in my mind.

that's exactly what it was designed to be... a simple dumbed down mech game for the CoD masses. just be glad we get served a game like this at all, so play and try to make the most of it instead of complain and complain... that's all i hear u guys do.

For some reason I suspect there would be a lot less bitching and hate if this game wasn't published by EA as a Microsoft exclusive, the two big evils in gaming. If Mojang released it for PS4 there would be a global wide unending circle jerk about it.

No, because it would still suck as a game. Unless Mojang actually made it better. But assuming it was the same exact thing, it wouldn't matter who created it, since it just doesn't have staying power.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 15:19 ForgedReality

Here it is for $33.78 if you want to go through Russia and get the multilanguage version. Tons of people in the thread report it works fine though: http://slickdeals.net/f/6771808-titanfall-pc-33-78-yuplay

Also, those of you saying this is the most amazing FPS you remember ever playing in the history of ever since ever was conceived, what's wrong with you? Are you only five minutes into the game or something? The novelty wore off for me quite quickly. $33.78 still isn't cheap enough for me. The gameplay just isn't fun enough to keep me coming back.

There are a lot better shooters to play, if that's your thing. Blacklight: Retribution is one. And it's free, which is effing amazing. Another free one is Team Fortress 2. Ancient game, but still receives regular content updates, and is still a ton of fun seven years later. If you like the mech aspect, check out Hawken (also free), which has really good graphics (not the best, but nice) and awesome gameplay. That one does the robot fighting way better than Titanfall, imo. If you haven't played DOTA2 yet (another freebie), that's an extremely fun game, but it has a huuuuuge learning curve if you, like me, have never played a MOBA before.

All of those are far better games than Titanfall, in my opinion, because they are more fun and keep me coming back for more. Plus, with all of those, you don't have to deal with fucking Origin. Win-win!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
51. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 19:22 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 18:55:
As I stated from the outset. I think this is the end of consoles. If not, second last generation for sure. Why bother with them when a PC does it all and more and does it much better.

Because kids are stupid and will get mommy to buy them whatever they want, and a gaming console is easier to justify than a full blown PC, which won't even touch what the PC is capable of if it's an off-the-shelf box anyway.

Plus, casual gamers want something they can easily hook up to a TV in their living room. Doing the same with a real gaming machine is a little more involved. Pothead gamers are unmotivated to do anything that involves effort.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 14:17 ForgedReality

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 13:53:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:46:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:39:
I do remember blu-ray being kind of a big thing. Players were expensive back then so getting one as part of video-game system was a good deal. Good point about the backwards compatibility, makes the purchase a lot easier to stomach when there's already a large library of games you can play.
Funny enough I still don't have a blu-ray player, I was considering picking up one for my PC recently, but I can't see a real need to. Hell I haven't even used my DVD drive in nearly 2 years, not sure if it still works. The nice thing about all the digital stuff is, it's doing the same thing to the low-density distribution methods of the past. The downside of course is you need to be somewhere that's got broadband to make it worthwhile.

You'll still have to jump hoops trying to get the right program to play blurays if they are in your bluray drive - which software companies definitely did on purpose in cahoots with bluray-drive manufactures. Sods, the lot of 'em.

I have a bluray drive in my 2000 dollar PC, and I still haven't used it, haven't bothered since the first time I tried it and then realized I had to search for something to make them work. My PS3 is setup next to my PC as 2 and 1 entertainment system, I just switch back and forth when needed.

You can blame Sony for that. They charge licensing fees for every piece of hardware and software that uses their Blu-ray standard. I really wish HD-DVD had won the battle, as it was the superior technology in many ways, but Sony had the backing and infrastructure in place to make it the more viable option. Thus, we became corporate slaves to a single Japanese company for a media format.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 9, 2014, 19:35 ForgedReality

Where the hell is my GTX 880? I'm going to be waiting forever to upgrade from this 3gb 580. :\  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 9, 2014, 19:32 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 16:57:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 16:53:
I wonder if these forecasts take self-built PC's into account or they're just looking at off the shelf boxes.

What percentage do you think those actually are?

Nobody buying a PC that matters (gaming PC) ever buys off-the-shelf boxes. I hate these "forecasts," as if they're anything to call relevant.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
7. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 12:00 ForgedReality

Still looks a little too consoley to me. Wait-and-see.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 2, 2014, 18:12 ForgedReality

Paper is awesome for printing high resolution artwork and advertising. I mean, shit, businesses buy $50,000+ plotters that print on huge rolls of paper, using four or more ink cartridges that cost $500 or more a piece. It's here to stay.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 17:46 ForgedReality

I've come to start treating new games that have over-the-top press leading up to release as if they don't even exist. It's been proven to me, time and time again, that the harder a distributor pumps up the hype, the less likely the game is to be able to survive based on its own merits. I've stopped letting myself get sucked into that shit because it always ends up in disappointment. As far as I'm concerned, this game doesn't even matter. The bullshit press prior to release would have you believe it was the best thing since dick met pussy. Totally untrue, we come to find out.

I'm so glad they weren't able to secure the original voice actor for Garrett, because it would be a shame to have such raw talent go to waste, and to have this bag of failure hanging around to spoil his resume.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 19:38 ForgedReality

Technically, Minecraft doesn't have voxels.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 5, 2014, 01:29 ForgedReality

Snapchat is for little kids to send each other their private parts. Nobody would miss it if it went away other than a bunch of horny inconsequential pre-humans. XD

I bet it was the NSA so they could intercept shit before it got deleted.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 2, 2014, 22:34 ForgedReality

It seems no one wants Winamp. Not even the users. XD  

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
25. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 20:35 ForgedReality

LittleMe wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:11:
Lord Tea wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 19:03:
"Would NSA surveillance have stopped 9/11 plot?"

Of course not. 9/11 was an inside job that paved the way to the UPSA of today.

Yes we all know who profited enormously from it. Collectivists will gladly kill a few thousand when they think millions will gain from it. They think the many come before the few or the one. I believe that's the rhetoric they tell themselves. They rationalize it this way.

Or the corporations that run the country. Take your pick.

13. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 16:43 ForgedReality

Careful Nin, you're starting to look like the "crazy" minority in here now. Maybe you should go do a little research.  

3. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 13:03 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:23:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 11:45:
9/11 was orchestrated so that they could more easily find excuses to violate the Constitution. Pesky laws make it hard to do business.

6/10. An effort, but a weak one. More crazy next time.

Crazy is believing buildings fall when planes hit them and when nothing hits them.

1. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 11:45 ForgedReality

9/11 was orchestrated so that they could more easily find excuses to violate the Constitution. Pesky laws make it hard to do business.  

1200 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo