Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1553 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 12:52 ForgedReality

So, basically they're saying it's a lot smaller than Skyrim.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Account Bans and Suspensions
1. Re: StarCraft II Account Bans and Suspensions Apr 9, 2015, 17:05 ForgedReality

This game still exists?  

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
4. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 11:48 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:14:
So isn't this basically GalCiv 3, just with different names?

Did you never play the StarCon games?

This would be awesome, but I don't know if it could be the same game without the Spathi, Orz, Suppox, Yehat, etc. :\

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today
9. Re: More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today Apr 8, 2015, 11:26 ForgedReality

http://i.imgur.com/Owg4KPT.png

bit.ly/1xvkqoC
bit.ly/1xeQXPu
bit.ly/1y26TzM
bit.ly/1LTvPox
bit.ly/1HxSznx

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 11:10 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:21:
60 Gig. Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm never gonna download that...

I'd ponder getting the disc version, except it says DVD rom, which would mean it'd be on, what, 10 discs? So I think that's more a box where inside all they have is a download code...

It would come on a single Blu-ray, I'd imagine. But my download only took a couple of hours. It hit 10mbytes/s multiple times. It did dip to below 300k for I don't know how long, but I restarted the downloader, and it perked right back up.

The CPU load was apparent though while I was doing other tasks. I'd imagine that's part of the fail-safe in operation.

Also, disconnecting internet and changing your system clock does not allow the game to launch, if you were curious. Figured I'd try it anyway. It does still need to phone home to activate.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
1. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 18:40 ForgedReality

I'll wait for the Extended/Director's Cut/Whatever The Fuck Else They Decide To Call It to go on sale for $15. How would we already have two expansions, complete with play times, if they weren't planned and cut from the full title? I'm sick of this shitty trend. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing of this game makes me less than confident it will be a quality PC release anyway. Too busy playing GTA 5 at the moment to listen. XD  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 14:47 ForgedReality

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 14:26:
There will basically never be a MOBA you enjoy then, you are describing the core mechanics of the genre. It's also about map control, team fighting and a host of other things... but you don't seem to care.

And DOTA 2 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It took a while to get into since I had never played (or heard of) a MOBA before, but once you start to understand those basic mechanics, and you start to actually get kind of good, it's one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. At the same time, it can be one of the most frustrating ones as well, and that comes down to the quality of your teammates and how willing they are to work together. There is nothing more discouraging than losing because one or two guys were dickheads the entire match and caused you to lose.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 7, 2015, 13:33 ForgedReality

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 vs GeForce GTX 980 - Should I upgrade?

No, you should wait for the 980ti. It's only a few months away.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 11:04 ForgedReality

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 12:57:
Hope you all have 70 Gigs of HD space and a week to download.

Pfft. 5 hours tops, on my 105mbit connection. And I have been looking for things to fill up my 1tb Samsung 850 Pro SSD. I've got something like 700gigs free. XD

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2015, 19:36 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 18:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 17:57:
Corrupt judge decides to get in while the getting's good...shocker!

And the feds knew he downloaded this in the first place how exactly? That's the most important question that's not even been asked here.

Well, it was over bittorrent. If he was downloading to his public folder (which a lot of clients have as default), it would have been visible, I think.

That's why it's not so much a cautionary tale of the "dangers of bittorrent," but more about reasons why you should never use public trackers.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:40 ForgedReality

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:38:
I will wait until the state of the pc port becomes clear. I recall 4's performance on PC being terrible.

Which was fixed not long after release and ran excellently, even when you unlock the settings to max them out.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:39 ForgedReality

Joss wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:39:
Damn, this game and ArmA3 is really weighing on me to pull the trigger on a 980GTX. Must... resist.

Dude just wait for the 980ti. It's almost here! Right around the corner. I just may buy two. The 980 is too weak.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 30, 2015, 19:07 ForgedReality

I could get down with a Tesla motorcycle. Of course, all the torque would flip you on your head instantly every time, so maybe that's not the best idea.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
65. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 18:53 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 18:38:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 18:20:
Uhhhh... Anger? I'm quite calm, actually. You're the one wishing face cancer on strangers over the internet. Grow that neckbeard out a little more. It suits you.
I assume 'neckbeard' is some sort of American thing, as I've not heard of such terminology. Is it fashionable?

*sigh* Despite that being a troll comment, I'll help you out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neckbeard

62. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 18:20 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:51:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:22:
harlock wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:18:
Limit Theory... are you taking the piss?!

ha.. yeh its not looking good

For being just one guy, by himself, and not $77mil to toss around, this is looking pretty fucking cool to me, even if it's mostly a shell at this point. But its flexibility gives it lots of promise for user generated content and extensibility.

Does it promise all the breadth of Star Citizen? No. However, I'd argue it's more of a game at this point even still.

no no you missed my point... the dude hasnt made any updates to his log or been seen on his forums since early Jan

Ah well I haven't been keeping tabs on it really at all. Pretty sure he's gone months without uploading a video before though. No reason to assume he's died of face cancer or something...

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 18:07:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:22:
Does it promise all the breadth of Star Citizen? No. However, I'd argue it's more of a game at this point even still.
Let the anger flow through you. Palpatine would be proud. Perhaps there are a few kittens you can kick.

Uhhhh... Anger? I'm quite calm, actually. You're the one wishing face cancer on strangers over the internet. Grow that neckbeard out a little more. It suits you.

56. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:22 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:18:

ha.. yeh its not looking good

For being just one guy, by himself, and not $77mil to toss around, this is looking pretty fucking cool to me, even if it's mostly a shell at this point. But its flexibility gives it lots of promise for user generated content and extensibility.

52. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:12 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:51:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:23:
Face cancer, is that a thing? :D
Totally. Sunny

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:32:
What's happening now? A few disparate modules that do not in any way equal a game? Selling some stupid in-game assets (that you can't even use yet) for huge amounts of money? Let's see, what else... Broken promises maybe?
The game's now due out until next year, so of course it's not all playable yet. Broken promises? The game is bigger and better than ever, offering way more than was originally promised. How often does that happen? If you're talking about delays then I assume you think Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, etc, were all shit too? I mean, it's not like they're some of the most critical acclaimed PC games in history or anything.

Thanks for the reviews. Didn't ask for them, but thanks for taking the time to help the community anyway. I was merely listing games that have come a lot closer to being an actual game and didn't cost as much as a small country's gross national product.
You listed a bunch of mostly shit games that aren't even comparable to Star Citizen. And it's not just the budget, as Star Citizen looked much better from the reveal.

Aww, poor baby! What's the matter? Don't like it when someone gives their opinion? Nobody asked for yours either.
Saying that you want the game to fail isn't an opinion - it's an assertion. But this isn't the time or place for an English lesson.

I get it that you wasted a ton of cash on this non-game, and you're super hopeful that it pays off at some point, but by then will you even be able to enjoy it?
I'm already enjoying it, thanks. In fact it's one of my most played games. I regularly play Vanduul Swarm, both singleplayer and co-op. I'll be playing it even more when Star Marine launches and the social module is released. There's nothing wasted about the money I've spent.

Sure you're not putting too much faith into this ridiculous mess? You don't think they've overpromised at all? Lots of games have been made in less time and look better, play better, and are generally more fun, than this collection of tech demos.
The last games I got this excited about were Unreal Tournament and Half-Life 2. Both delivered. Further, as I've said numerous times, I'm already enjoying the game.

You don't like the game. That's fine. I do, though.

So that's a "no" on those other reviews then? Okay.

46. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 16:32 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:15:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:45:
The fact that this is so astronomically funded just serves to highlight one of humanity's greatest fallacies: more money = better product.
When you compare what was original planned and what is happening now it's very clear that more money DOES equal a better product. Not only that but no backer is obligated to pay any more than the game package, which has been available for as little as $20.

What's happening now? A few disparate modules that do not in any way equal a game? Selling some stupid in-game assets (that you can't even use yet) for huge amounts of money? Let's see, what else... Broken promises maybe?

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 15:08:
In addition to Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous, there are (to name a few):

Limit Theory
Enemy Starfighter
No Man's Sky
Rodina
Eve: Valkyrie
X: Rebirth
Enemy Starfighter is a crappy indie game with no visual fidelity.
No Man's Sky is a casual PS4 game with a fraction of the fidelity.
Rodina... are you taking the piss?!
Eve: Valkyrie is a casual game designed for the PS4 with a fraction of the fidelity.
X: Rebirth scored 33 on Metacritic, with a user score of 3.2 - it is a terrible, terrible game.

Those games highlight why Star Citizen has received the funding that it has. No other game offers even close to the level of visual fidelity, depth or vision of Star Citizen.

Thanks for the reviews. Didn't ask for them, but thanks for taking the time to help the community anyway. I was merely listing games that have come a lot closer to being an actual game and didn't cost as much as a small country's gross national product. Next time you want to give your opinion, don't bitch about someone else's as you do here:

I hope it flops.
Fuck you. It's one thing to be sceptical of the game - it's another to wish for it to fail. You're a horrible person and I hope you die of face cancer.

Aww, poor baby! What's the matter? Don't like it when someone gives their opinion? Nobody asked for yours either. I get it that you wasted a ton of cash on this non-game, and you're super hopeful that it pays off at some point, but by then will you even be able to enjoy it? Sure you're not putting too much faith into this ridiculous mess? You don't think they've overpromised at all? Lots of games have been made in less time and look better, play better, and are generally more fun, than this collection of tech demos.

EDIT - Also, would you mind doing us a favor and reviewing these other games you haven't played? Thanks! You're swell.

Flagship
Interstellar Rift
Space Pirates and Zombies 2
Darkfield VR
Pulsar Lost Colony
Space Engineers
Star Made
Blockade runner

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2015, 16:46.

38. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 15:08 ForgedReality

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:50:
The fact that this is so astronomically funded just serves to highlight one of humanity's greatest fallacies: more money = better product.

Well, yeah, but if you personally want the game and drop $40 after hearing about it constantly, you just added to the pool. It's not like you can sit back as a customer and go "Well they've got enough. I'll just wait for my free copy..."

(quotes are messed up because I edited them just for the one snippet)

Well, you edited them incorrectly. Lulz.

But for realsies though. There are lots of much less expensive games in this genre right now, and they're far more playable than this trash. You'd think they could outline a skeleton of a game before they go adding bells and whistles.

In addition to Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous, there are (to name a few):

Limit Theory
Enemy Starfighter
No Man's Sky
Rodina
Eve: Valkyrie
X: Rebirth

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 13:52 ForgedReality

Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 01:46:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

There's always this: http://mafro.ca/v/

DangerDog wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 04:45:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

Is ARMA 3 worth buying?

Arma 3? It's more a combined arms simulator than a game, you need a beefy rig to run it. Don't expect a normal FPS configuration, spacebar won't make you jump - there's no jump in the sim/game. If you want to get over a fence you use a "vault" command that plays an animation of your avatar stepping over something. To enjoy multiplayer you'll need to join a community that uses teamspeak when playing - more so with Arma than other shooters.

Best advice is to go watch some Youtube videos to get an idea if it's something you'll want to invest the time into.

Yeah, it looks cool. I could probably get into it, but it sounds like a lot of prerequisites would make it a pain in the ass. :\ I imagine the hacking/griefing factor is pretty high too. Guess I'll pass.

1553 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo