Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1526 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2015, 12:02 ForgedReality

RE: Fisherman Catches Piranha in Arkansas Lake

I once had six piranha years ago that I kept in a long, deep tank. I had to drive out of state to get them since they're not available where I live. I got them when they were tiny--smaller than a quarter. They grew quickly, and eventually started eating each other as they got larger and competed for space. I ended up with a large breeding pair. They make LOTS of babies at a time, but they also need lots of food. They could be quite detrimental to the natural habitat of local fish.

Please don't ever release captive animals into the wild if they outgrow your desire to keep them. There are laws in place to prevent this for a reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: removed May 5, 2015, 11:33 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2015, 10:37:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 5, 2015, 11:22.

Lawl.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2015, 17:19 ForgedReality

Oh come on, ONN. You can do better than that. That Photoshop looks really bad. The bill is way too small and way too shiny. You're a mere shadow of your former self. Not impressed.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 3, 2015, 17:19 ForgedReality

Love, love, LOVE my Note 4. Of course the phablet (I FUCKING HATE, HATE, HATE THAT TERM!!!) is the future. I'll be diving into the Note 5, most likely. Perfect size, and plenty of power.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 15:20 ForgedReality

jacobvandy wrote on May 2, 2015, 15:16:
Ugh, don't bother setting Social Club to offline mode if you intend to use the stock market. It won't be available!

Also, the pedestrian and vehicle settings don't seem to make any difference, unless I'm using the wrong values (higher is more)?

0 is 0%, 1 is 100%, if I'm reading correctly. 0.5 would be 50%. I haven't tried it though.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 15:09 ForgedReality

Krovven wrote on May 2, 2015, 14:55:
descender wrote on May 2, 2015, 12:16:
VSync is NOT your friend

lol what? vsync works just fine. And I wouldn't want to play without it.

I haven't used vsync in decades. Fuck that noise.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 10:44 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on May 1, 2015, 08:30:
This seems to have fixed all of my crash issues, pretty happy with it so far. Almost wrapped up with Bloodborne then I'm going to dive into GTA Online a lot more.

Didn't fix my resolution-changing-on-alt-tab issue.

15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Apr 30, 2015, 22:36 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 20:23:
Man, I'm getting tired of the err_gfx_d3d_int errors...any signs of a new nvidia driver (after the one released at launch)?

Never seen that. Maybe a fresh reinstall of your drivers would fix it?

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Apr 30, 2015, 19:49 ForgedReality

Dacron wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 19:17:
You're, as in you are

OMFG! I know. That annoys the shit out of me. How many people have actually flunked fourth grade? Because the number seems quite high, if you spend any amount of time online. >_<

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Apr 30, 2015, 19:47 ForgedReality

Does it fix the issue where alt+tabbing causes your resolution to get fucked up? Because I'm using an old ass videocard, I have to turn down the resolution (which is fine--I still use a CRT monitor too XD) to 1600x1000. But when I get back from an alt+tab, for whatever reason, it wants to change it to 1600x1024, and I have to change it back every time. That's the only issue I've ever had with this game.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2015, 14:13 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:52:
ForgedReality wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:41:
Like, he lost his sight, but then just magically, he's able to hear how many people are running around on a rooftop four buildings over and the kinds of weapons they're carrying. Stupid as shit.

Welcome to comics (which I love, not slagging on them).

At least with Arrow, his story is at least somewhat believable. He was trained and conditioned, not granted basically sudden magical abilities. It feels like I'm watching The Bible or some other fairy tale book. XD It totally took me out of the experience. Prior to that, it was slow and boring, so the non-believability of it just topped the cake.

News Comments > Fermi's Path Demo
1. Re: Fermi's Path Demo Apr 30, 2015, 13:50 ForgedReality

Will it run on my Fermi-based videocard?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2015, 13:41 ForgedReality

Flo wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 02:16:
Axis wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 22:53:
Pigeon wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 22:06:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 21:42:
Axis wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:12:
Daredevil is fantastic, nothing else to add.

Yup, it's awesome. About halfway through. Next up: Bloodline.

I've sadly got 1 episode left. So far loving the characters, but Fisk steals the show by far.

Thanks for the Bloodline tip, just added it!

Sad that Bloodline gets no love. It is the best of all the shows on this diagram. But you have to watch at least 3-4 episodes to realize that.

I could not at all get into Daredevil. Am I missing something? I tried, but I could not get through even the first episode. Boring as fuck. The whole concept was kind of annoying to me. Like, he lost his sight, but then just magically, he's able to hear how many people are running around on a rooftop four buildings over and the kinds of weapons they're carrying. Stupid as shit.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
62. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 18:46 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 17:25:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:48:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:24:
Reading Bluesnews saved me money again! I'll just get Toxikk this weekend and wait for FOV mods to be supported. Can't stand 3rd person. Yes, i'm old and missing out etc..

In reality you're better off shooting weapons in 3rd person as it's easier to get headshots and track multiple targets faster - it shouldn't be this way but the first person feels like an add-on after the fact novelty. Sniping is first person regardless so it's mostly when you're shooting with an pistol, assault rifle, shotgun that you do the over the shoulder 3rd person shooting. Driving is better 3rd person all the way as is flying helicopters and planes, at least for me - some do like driving in first person.

I just use first person when walking around in the world for the immersion.

i disagree but i will admit it is definitely not the same as a standard FPS game, mainly because you are having to wait for your guy to perform animations which have physical, collision based aspects - and those dont exist in standard fps games because you are a floating head with a gun arm overlay

so really its only when you have to navigate the environment, jump over things, etc. when it becomes strange, but honestly i think its pretty cool because it feels like you are actually a person doing these things rather than just a floating head

I much prefer first person for shooting, EXCEPT when in a car, because then your aim angles are extremely limited. Third person in that case works better.

First person is awesome because holding the right mouse button holds the weapon up closer, and while doing that, if you scrollwheel up, it aims down the ironsights, which is fucking awesome, and far easier to get headshots imo. Mousewheel down again to put it back at the hip while still holding right mouse. It remembers the setting (hip or ironsights) you last left it at.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
61. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 18:42 ForgedReality

Aero wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 17:28:
I thought the range of the default FOV slider was reasonable. Though I personally tend to prefer lower FOVs than many other people and have it set toward the low end, at it's highest setting there was very noticeable distortion indicating it was fairly high. I do use a 21:9 monitor, though, which probably made it more obvious.

Does anybody know what the actual numbers are?

Are you talking about the fisheye effect from first person mode? I thought that was a stylistic thing. I haven't really played with the FOV much.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details Apr 29, 2015, 00:18 ForgedReality

Hitlist:

EA
Ubisoft
Activision
Warner Bros

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed Apr 28, 2015, 18:24 ForgedReality

Is it from: EA/Ubisoft/Activision? If yes, skip. If no, wait-and-see.

Skip.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 28, 2015, 18:20 ForgedReality

Wow. From that changelist, that is a major update to DOTA 2. Can't wait to check it out when I get home.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
23. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 10:36 ForgedReality

It would be interesting to see the gaming community take down Gaben the way they did Jack Thompson...  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2015, 00:03 ForgedReality

They already removed a paid mod from Skyrim due to this bullshit almost immediately. What's the big deal? I'm sure everything will work out fine. XD

Skyrim Paid Mod Removed Amid Controversy

1526 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo