Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1553 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 ForgedReality

I can't remember the last time I've even seen a Flash ad. Most sites that have video still require Flash though, and I absolutely love ActionScript 3. I'll be sad to see it go.

Also, I am one of the 6 in 7 earthlings who don't have, never have had, and never will have a Facebook account. I don't feel I'm missing much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
35. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 16:30 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 15:28:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:42:
What is the halfway point? Is that when he finds Ciri finally? I don't want this story to ever end. :D

I believe Lionel Hutz has something to say about The Never Ending Story.

And no spoilers for you! Just sit back and enjoy the ride. It's one of those games that you think it's ending soon, but it's not. If you're doing a lot of completionist work you can expect it to end around the 150'ish hour mark +/-. 100+ seems to be the average around here. I believe I did it in 132. I got the bittersweet ending. It made me a sad panda. We'll see what happens next time through as the expansions arrive.

I'm not sure what my play time is, but it's up there. I've been trying to complete everything, but damn that is a monumental task! It's interesting how the game itself logs how much ACTUAL playtime you have, but then the GOG launcher shows you how long you've had the game running. I'm assuming the game pauses its internal timer whenever you go to the main menu or have the game paused or whatever, so that's probably the more accurate number. I need to check it when I get home.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 27, 2015, 12:34 ForgedReality

Ceribaen wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:33:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:23:
I. FUCKING. HATE. THAT. NAME.

Why the fuck can't they call the first one "Divinity: Original Sin" and the second one "Divinity 2: Second Coming" or something? Dumb.

Because they already have a game called Divinity II?
Seems an odd thing to get upset about.

I'm mostly kidding. But it is a name that feels a little awkward and unwieldy...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
12. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 11:42 ForgedReality

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:11:
I'm still so, so far from the end. The game is ridiculously huge, I know what the "halfway point" is, and I'm not there. It's almost too long of a game, I play it in spurts...might play for 8 hours straight, then not touch it for a few weeks. The amount of dialogue is staggering, although it still feels weird when Geralt says shit out loud that no one would (so the player understands what he's seeing from clues).

Great game, got it free with my video card but gladly would have paid for it. Do the sales represent copies that came with cards?

What is the halfway point? Is that when he finds Ciri finally? I don't want this story to ever end.

I bought the Collector's Edition for $150, and I think it was worth every penny. I don't care what anyone says. Best. Game. Ever.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 27, 2015, 11:23 ForgedReality

I. FUCKING. HATE. THAT. NAME.

Why the fuck can't they call the first one "Divinity: Original Sin" and the second one "Divinity 2: Second Coming" or something? Dumb.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
10. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 19:33 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 18:07:
JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 17:45:
Huh? Oh, no, I don't think that's what it meant. They're saying that therecommended requirements, once finalized, will run the game at 1080p @ 30fps.

Why 30? It's 2015. Xbone and PS4 can't handle 60 FPS?

Of course not. They run AMD hardware which is always behind by 10 years.

News Comments > Dota 2 The Majors Series Unveiled
1. Re: Dota 2 The Majors Series Unveiled Aug 22, 2015, 13:38 ForgedReality

Shit just got real.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
33. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 20, 2015, 19:49 ForgedReality

Cpmartins wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 19:17:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 23:29:
Despoiler wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:15:
Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:59:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 10:35:
Can entire combat be modified so that it doesnt suck?

The combat could surely be improved but why does it suck?

It's console combat.

Button mashing doesn't work on Witcher 3, it's more likely to leave you dead just like in the second one.

The combats gets too easy when you outlevel the content by a significant margin. I remember doing quests 3 levels above my own and I had to use every trick in the witcher book to stay alive.

I particularly remember doing one where I had to kill 3 drowners that were 5 levels above me. The fight took 10 minutes, and at the end I was potionless, bleed almost to death, my good crossbow bolts all gone and feeling pretty great that I did it.

Weird. I never use potions, and I've been using the starter bolts the whole game, seeing no real reason to use any of the upgraded ones you find, and when I first started out, I remember tackling a Witcher contract at like level 9, and the contract was for level 19 or 20. There were several huge arachas around a cave, and I remember my attacks were doing almost no damage, but I was using the hell out of quen and igni, and after what seemed like more than an hour, I was able to finally take them down. No potions used, just the occasional food consumption. Now that was a rewarding battle.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 20, 2015, 13:23 ForgedReality

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 13:05:
But the boy didn't have dirt on him, therefore he was a budding PC gamer. Maybe the kite flew like that after he typed a cheat code on his keyboard such as PCMR.

I love how the wind in the grass and trees looked.

Notice how they conveniently avoided showing the water when the kid supposedly fell into it, and they made it so he didn't have to run through it? Is it really that hard to create ripple shaders and a couple simple splashing particle emitters? Lazy console devs. >:\

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 20, 2015, 13:00 ForgedReality

Pfft! That's not realistic at all! A kite would never continue flight without the person at the other end of the string keeping pressure on it. That's the whole reason a kite works at all! Stupid, unrealistic console physics. Maybe the console peasants will like this engine because the kite does all the flying for them, but for any REAL gamer, this engine is trash! >:\

(kappa)

News Comments > Bob Was Hungry Released
2. Re: Bob Was Hungry Released Aug 19, 2015, 19:20 ForgedReality

This looks like something that belongs on a cell phone, not a PC. And the only reason shit like this is okay on a cell phone is because you can't play DOTA2 on one...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 18:55 ForgedReality

TorchMaster wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 12:33:
I say nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Appropriate avatar is appropriate.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 19, 2015, 16:54 ForgedReality

Osc8r wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 04:34:
I have a 65" samsung hu9000 (or something like that) in one room and a 55" lg oled in the other, and the oled leaves the samsung for dead.

Can't go back to LCD again... just waiting for OLED monitors to come so i can ditch the technology altogether.

OLED has MASSIVE problems with burn-in right now. You should try quantum dot (JS9000/JS9500) before you swear off LCD. There's even a 48" JS9000 which a lot of people are using as monitors, and it's glorious.

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
10. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 16:31 ForgedReality

They haven't? I guess I just had a dream about the Vive then. And Steamboxes. And in-home streaming. And Source 2. And HL3.

Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 14:46:
Yes its great, but then again they have made no efforts to do anything else either so with a company of that size and talent is shameful.

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 12:54:
A game from 2006 still being updated and supported, and which has a huge community even still in 2015 is something of a feat to be appreciated, I think.

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
4. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 12:54 ForgedReality

A game from 2006 still being updated and supported, and which has a huge community even still in 2015 is something of a feat to be appreciated, I think.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2015, 17:04 ForgedReality

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 15:39:
Rhett wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 05:52:
Well, I was sorta looking forward to Windows 10 (still using 7, haven't touched 8 at all) but this... this seems like a step in a scary direction. Wouldn't be surprised if, ironically, it leads to more people pirating it.

I doubt that 10 will be pirated since the activation is actually stored on MS servers rather than on your machine like previous editions of Windows did.

That doesn't even matter. You just crack the part of the software that checks for that. No big deal.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 15:33 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 14:37:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 14:33:
Gross. I don't get how people can kiss their animals on the mouth. It's disgusting. It's even worse when people let their nasty dogs lick them all over the face and shit. EUCH! I don't even like my own spit on me, but some mangy mutt that sits around licking its asshole and eating its own shit all day? I'll pass, thanks. I hope that kid didn't come away with scurvy or tuberculosis or some shit. XD

Sounds like you don't need to be a pet owner then.

Oh, I love all my pets. I also don't let them lick my fucking face. They also don't belong on the couch or the bed unless they're a cat, because they're way cleaner. When's the last time you had to give a cat a bath because it was too stinky?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 14:33 ForgedReality

Gross. I don't get how people can kiss their animals on the mouth. It's disgusting. It's even worse when people let their nasty dogs lick them all over the face and shit. EUCH! I don't even like my own spit on me, but some mangy mutt that sits around licking its asshole and eating its own shit all day? I'll pass, thanks. I hope that kid didn't come away with scurvy or tuberculosis or some shit. XD  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 15, 2015, 12:17 ForgedReality

'Watchable'

Ironically, that no one will watch.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 12:11 ForgedReality

Guillermo Del Toro 'will never again get involved in video games

Good. Thank you for improving videogames.

1553 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo