Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1091 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 19, 2014, 11:15 ForgedReality

Sorry AMD, Tosiba. You can't compete with Samsung's 850 Pro.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2014, 11:12 ForgedReality

If you want to ditch Facebook, just use Google+. It's a lot better anyway. However, the two are for different purposes. You can't use G+ the same way you use Facebook (or so I understand--I've never had a Facebook), which is why Facebook sheep often don't tend to like G+. They're using it wrong. It's also easy to disregard/fear the unfamiliar.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 12:28 ForgedReality

The PC Master Race doesn't bow to the plebeian console dregs--and why should they? Why chance a transference of filth onto thine robes, when thou canst jeer and scoff from on high in thine pearly balcony perched upon thine ivory tower of righteousness? Knaves.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 18, 2014, 12:18 ForgedReality

Apple tablets are terrible compared to the competition. They'd need to do a whole lot more (of either brainwashing, or actually improving their product) to make people want to buy them, especially at their extremely overinflated prices.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 8, 2014, 21:09 ForgedReality

Islamic Hackers

Good to see Islam is such a positive force in the world these days...

News Comments > The Expendabros
12. Re: The Expendabros Aug 6, 2014, 13:46 ForgedReality

Fantaz wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 02:31:
works for me. it's pretty fun... definitely great for a free game. has a sort of Hotline Miami vibe to it.

Well, I'm not the only one...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312990/discussions/0/34094415667893695/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/312990/discussions/0/34093781872657858/

And a slightly different issue, but could be related (?):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/312990/discussions/0/34093781882622156/

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 12:39 ForgedReality

DMCA

OH MY FUCKING GOD! What a fucking crybaby! Hypocritically, he's all, "you can't reimagine your own style of my old works. There are better things to waste your time and energy on.. This is what you 'take issue with?'"

Holy shit, bro. You should be flattered that someone was inspired enough by your drawings that they took the time to develop their skill and style around something that you created, well within the letter of the DMCA laws, I might add. The fact that you attack these people and then accuse them of wasting their time shows that you are deluded beyond description. Just wow.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 6, 2014, 12:27 ForgedReality

Fact Check

Hilarious that anyone would fall for this stupid idea.

However, from the article:
...heat sinks are often colored black to help them emit thermal radiation...

HUGE myth. The color of something has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with its ability to conduct/radiate/insulate heat. How something LOOKS is not directly relevant to how something FUNCTIONS. That would be more down to the materials used, not the fucking paint on the outside. The reason this myth exists is that dumb people think (inaccurately) because light colored objects better reflect the sun's rays (and therefore much of the heat energy generated by absorbing that light) than dark objects, that this must mean the color relates to how well it conducts heat. This is simply, categorically, 100% false.

Otherwise, interesting article. One of the comments points out that the "copper foam" appears to actually be spray-painted fish tank filter material, which I suppose is why I found it familiar-looking as well. Can you imagine how much a block of that copper foam would cost? How much it would tarnish? How much dust it would collect? How badly it would work as a heat sink? XD

News Comments > The Expendabros
5. Re: The Expendabros Aug 6, 2014, 00:27 ForgedReality

Doesn't actually play for me. Gets to the menu, and then immediately ctd. Very nice... At least it was free. XD  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2014, 22:16 ForgedReality

Holy shit the demoscene isn't entirely dead yet! That's amazing to see. As a kid, I was completely enthralled with the PC demoscene. I never had a C64/Amiga, so I missed out on that era, but I remember vividly names like Future Crew, ElectroMotive Force, Cascada, Farbrausch, etc. I had probably half a gig of music mods (MOD, S3M, XM, STM, 669, IT, etc.) back in those days. Now I can just stream it on Scenemusic.net, and if there's a production I want to watch again, I can probably find it on Pouet.net.

It's certainly a different kind of flavor to the late-80s-to-mid-90s, but it's refreshing to see it still kicking.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 18:45 ForgedReality

I have read a couple of reviews for D:OS which state that the game is solid for like the first third of the story, but then the rest just feels like filler, like they didn't have the time to really polish the whole thing, so they just polished far enough to get themselves some good reviews. Also, there's a lot of stupid shit like "destroy this to get past," as if that's a challenge, and it occurs FAR TOO OFTEN to be interesting, it just makes it annoying. Also, rock paper scissors is stupid and removes any point in decision making since it ends up being random and wasted time anyway.

Of course, I haven't played (mostly because of these kinds of things I keep reading), but it's what people have been saying. What do you guys say?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge Aug 2, 2014, 12:57 ForgedReality

Game was dead before its release. It was overhyped drivel. Once the novelty of mechs and parkour wore off, everyone left to find something better to play, just as I predicted would happen. There's not much there to keep my interest.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2014, 13:29 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 13:11:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 12:07:
Logitech G Unveils World’s Fastest Gaming Mouse

Now if only they could put that tech in the best "mouse" ever created: The M570. Why thumb balls haven't achieved a wider adoption, I'll never understand. It's so much better in every conceivable way. It's faster, it's more accurate, easier on the hand/wrist, you never have to worry about running out of desk/mousepad, etc. Oh, and the lag-free RF wireless? Fuck yes! Do this for my mouse, and I'll buy 10, and hand them out to friends. Otherwise, it's just another stupid gimmick.

No no.. the best mouse ever created is the mx518 (Ps.: The mx518 already tracks as fast as I can move.. maybe I just move slower ,p)

Someone's never used a trackball.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2014, 12:07 ForgedReality

Logitech G Unveils World’s Fastest Gaming Mouse

Now if only they could put that tech in the best "mouse" ever created: The M570. Why thumb balls haven't achieved a wider adoption, I'll never understand. It's so much better in every conceivable way. It's faster, it's more accurate, easier on the hand/wrist, you never have to worry about running out of desk/mousepad, etc. Oh, and the lag-free RF wireless? Fuck yes! Do this for my mouse, and I'll buy 10, and hand them out to friends. Otherwise, it's just another stupid gimmick.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jul 30, 2014, 12:01 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:39:
As a thanks for giving us updates like these for free, I bought some paint job DLCs.

It's hilarious that we see things like this as an above-and-beyond bonus nowadays, when it used to be that free updates to games for several months after release were just expected and the norm. Now, it's like, "oh we just fixed some bugs and added a map. That'll be $19.99, please. :)" and gamers don't even flinch at it.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2014, 11:47 ForgedReality

Welp, there goes any hope of VR ever happening ever. #thanksobama #thankszuckerberg  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 20, 2014, 22:15 ForgedReality

I'll never buy another Seagate hard drive. Western Digital is the only good HD manufacturer. Samsung is the only good SSD manufacturer. The end.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2014, 12:34 ForgedReality

Assuming the unlocking bill passes, it will be one of the 113th Congress' few accomplishments. The current Congress has passed 126 laws, many of which were "must pass" bills to fund ongoing government operations. That puts it on track to be the least productive Congress in history. That record is currently held by the 112th Congress, which passed 284 bills before it ended in 2013.

#thanksobama

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 01:14 ForgedReality

Sepharo wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 00:26:
jimnms wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 23:59:
nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:24:
Google+ kills off “real names” policy.

Huh! A little surprising, considering how much push they put into it...

Wonder if they'll do the same for youtube...I still get prompted to use my "real name" or account name.

Really? I think it asked me for my real name once, when YouTube started requiring Google+, and I just told it I didn't want to use my real name and I haven't been asked since.

You've been very lucky then. There was about a year there where I was being asked weekly, sometimes daily. Other times I'd go to my favorites, see they were all gone and find I had been automatically logged into my Google account instead of my YouTube. Once I ended up with a new Google+ account but with my YouTube name for a total of 3 Google accounts. Now I can maintain my subscriptions, favorites, etc using my classic YouTube account but if I want to make a comment or thumbs up a comment it makes me "login" despite already being logged in... I suspect that it's logging me into my Google account but pretending it's still my YouTube account.

My guess is that they finally gave up because they know who everyone is anyway.

I've never been asked either. I have a YouTube account that I had before Google bought it, and I have my Google+ account. Both are separate. Google knows they are both my accounts and I can log into either for YouTube, but I only really use the "fake name" one for YouTube, and the real name one for G+. I've never been asked as far as I can recall.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 14, 2014, 15:32 ForgedReality

You now have the Worms theme melody in your head.  

1091 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo