Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1200 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2014, 18:48 ForgedReality

And what does the FCC use that money for? Hookers and blow? >:\  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
29. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:31 ForgedReality

Because money.  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:48 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:42:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:23:
Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:07:
Saints Row does humor better, satire better, nuance better, and doesn't get so heavily stuck in being just gross.

But Saint's Row is nowhere near as fun! Once you complete that game, there is very little to bring you back to it to play again, at least in my experience. It never really draws me in the way a GTA game does, because its self-awareness just kind of gets old, I think. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, but Saint's Row lacks a lot of what makes GTA fun, rewarding, and keeps me going back. I even just like cruising around, enjoying the driving physics. Saint's Row is all crappy arcade nonsense.

The two games have different personalities, but while one takes itself far more seriously, that's also the one I find myself able to take more seriously and I find a certain level of gratification in that by itself--something that other game doesn't do so well. And once the novelty of "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS" (but not really all that much) has worn off, it's just a tired grind to the finish so I can put it away.

There's no denying that the engine/world of GTA is infinitely better than Saints Row. But the actual game of SR is infinitely better than GTA. Plot and characters aren't comparable. Other stuff is much more debatable, but I still give the edge to SR.

But man, the videos for GTAV on PC are unbelievable. It's shocking how enormous a jump that is. You'd think a game with that much going on wouldn't also have the best graphics, but there it is.

Did you just say SR had a plot?

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:07:
Saints Row does humor better, satire better, nuance better, and doesn't get so heavily stuck in being just gross.

But Saint's Row is nowhere near as fun! Once you complete that game, there is very little to bring you back to it to play again, at least in my experience. It never really draws me in the way a GTA game does, because its self-awareness just kind of gets old, I think. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, but Saint's Row lacks a lot of what makes GTA fun, rewarding, and keeps me going back. I even just like cruising around, enjoying the driving physics. Saint's Row is all crappy arcade nonsense.

The two games have different personalities, but while one takes itself far more seriously, that's also the one I find myself able to take more seriously and I find a certain level of gratification in that by itself--something that other game doesn't do so well. And once the novelty of "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS" (but not really all that much) has worn off, it's just a tired grind to the finish so I can put it away.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 10:40 ForgedReality

siapnar wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:49:
Graphics are only getting more realistic, and at this rate in no time we'll be able to swing the claw end of a hammer into an innocent's face, embedding it in their skull, their mouth opening and eyes rolling back as they crumple to the ground in a heap, blood gushing from their lifeless body.

I don't really see that as a healthy activity, virtual or not

That does sound like an insane amount of fun though! I'd play that game. XD Send that shit in to Rockstar!

But seriously, people need to stop complaining. It's getting more and more difficult to just enjoy life with all these pathetic, whining dickbags running around being buzzkills and trying to tell everyone else how to live their lives. Holy shit, no wonder there are so many angry people around that finally snap and shoot up a mall one day. Stop trying to be our mother!

Can't wait to see what they say about Triad Wars. You can brutally beat dozens of people a minute. In fact, that's the main focus of the game. You can bash people's faces against walls, stomp their head into a telephone booth, slam them against a car and then dump them in the trunk... It's all way more visceral and personal when a lot of the game is spent doing hand-to-hand combat.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
9. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 10:32 ForgedReality

Half-Life 3 confirmed!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 ForgedReality

Is a theater even allowed to deny a customer access to a film based on its rating? The way they write it, they're like, "yeah, we'll let kids in AT OUR DISCRETION." What? You weren't obligated to block viewers in the first place. It's like you're just trying to make yourselves look like indignant white knights.

And no children under 17? I thought that was the NC-17 rating, not R...?

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
19. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 11:58 ForgedReality

It's 2014.

WHY IN THE FUCK ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE WHO EXIST THAT CANNOT TELL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "YOUR" AND "YOU'RE"?! Holy fucking shit. It's not hard.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
5. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 12:40 ForgedReality

It reminds me of Spore in a way. The randomness just kind of mix and matches the same assets around. I can't see this having much longevity from a player's perspective.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2014, 09:29 ForgedReality

In case anyone else was trying to figure out what the fuck "boxen" meant:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boxen

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Dec 5, 2014, 09:25 ForgedReality

InBlack wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 07:52:
The missile pic is really funny. Why would a missile need steering 'fins' in a vaccuum. /facepalm.

So they can follow a ship into an atmosphere, duh! Probably, into another game, since this one has no atmosphere... Zing!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2014, 12:06 ForgedReality

Guy Accidently Hits The Fap Button on His Mechanical Arm

So you guys know, it's not legit. It's actually from a comedy show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuhXI-M9l0&feature=player_detailpage#t=133

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
5. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 3, 2014, 11:27 ForgedReality

Damn I need to see if I still have this installed somewhere on my nine hard drives.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 3, 2014, 11:24 ForgedReality

Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
The Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 is the first desk keyboard that is designed for use with up to three devices, regardless of computing platform. Now, you can work on a report on your computer, and with the flick of the Easy-Switch™ dial, respond to a message on your smartphone or type a tweet on your tablet – all from one keyboard.

Oh puh-leez! I can do that with up to ten devices with my KBTalking Pro. Plus it has Cherry mechanical keys, and I can use it wirelessly or via direct USB. Next!

Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse

Not a trackball.

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse

Still not a trackball.

Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Keyboard

Oh good! Cheap, crappy mechanical switches that can in no way compete with Cherry, plus lots of useless, distracting lights for added bling. Good job!

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
17. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 18:47 ForgedReality

Nope. Sorry. Never buying another Ubi game again.  

News Comments > The Crew Launch Trailer
8. Re: The Crew Launch Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 17:47 ForgedReality

There is a video on YouTube of some dude driving from Florida to California. Clearly, the entire country isn't represented here, which is understandable, but holy shit, the arcadey physics made me want to compare it to the Need For Speed games (aside from High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed). Terribad.  

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
1. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 17:37 ForgedReality

AWESOME!!! I've been waiting for something like this forever to watch DOTA matches while at work.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch Three This Week
4. Re: Assassin's Creed unity Patch Three This Week Nov 26, 2014, 09:23 ForgedReality

I've only played AC1 and 2, and didn't bother finishing 2. Why did they come out with two Creeds on basically the same day (Unity and Rogue), yet the only one you ever hear about is Unity, and it's all bad? Rogue actually looks to be far more fun, since it's not all landlocked.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2014, 17:33 ForgedReality

wtf_man wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 20:10:
NSA Privacy Director says fears of government spying are unwarranted.

Yes, we know they spy on us without warrants. THAT'S THE FSCHKING PROBLEM!

Hey, fuck you buddy! I came here to say that! >:O

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
86. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 24, 2014, 19:35 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:12:
Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:03:
Base. Company paid for a mid car, I talked my way into the upgrade at the counter.

Seriously, the thing was not fun, haha. I had no clue where the back was so changing lanes in LA gridlock was no bueno, I had no idea where cops were so I was never really opening up the engine, and it was just an enormous blind spot. Great car for a HS kid, less great a car for someone in his 30s.

I drove a ZL1 not too long ago, and while the performance and handling were fun, it was definitely hard to see out of, and the inside was absolute trash.

Though apparently GM has learned and the 2015 models will have much improved interiors. Not sure how you fix the vision problem without aggressively redesigning the car, however.

I'll take the Mustang.

I'm so sick of people spreading this ridiculous myth. Learn to fucking adjust your mirrors correctly, and there is zero blind spot. Christ.

Mustangs are not fun to drive. May as well weld the front axles straight ahead because that's all they're good at. XD

1200 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo