Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1520 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 27, 2015, 16:00 ForgedReality

Websites block password managers? Firefox has always done a stellar job of remembering my passwords. I never have to type anything in anymore. Why in the fuck would you even need a password manager anyway?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2015, 10:59 ForgedReality

Oh my god. Just stop sucking, cabbies! Stop ripping people off and learn to be fucking competitive, you shitty pieces of human trash. Fucking hell. Most of you fuckers drive like absolute motherfucking shit anyway. I'd be ecstatic to never see another cab-hole on the road again.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
31. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 22:05 ForgedReality

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 21:07:
gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 12:41 ForgedReality

This game is awesome. Freakin' game of the decade. So glad I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. XD I never do that, and this is one game that actually lived up to its hype. I'm about 70 hours in, and there's still so much more to do. It says 31% complete. I just got to Skellige. I've been taking my sweet-ass time fuckin around with all the content this beast of a game has to offer.  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
25. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 15:07 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 14:40:
Theo wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 12:20:
your eye is pretty much the most advanced optical device in the world.

this is also wrong.. many animals possess eyes that are much much much more capable than humans at perceiving all kinds of things

I was going to mention this, but I figured I'd let it sit there a bit.

16. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 14:22 ForgedReality

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 13:28:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 12:36:
Fucking idiots who think biological sensors utilize anything close to resembling a "frame rate" do not belong in any kind of discussion whatsoever, related or not. You lack the grey matter to participate.

Precisely. The maximum "frame rate" you can see is not some fixed fucking number. It depends on a huge number of factors and varies wildly from person to person. For example, sit someone in front of a dark screen and flash a white frame at them at 30fps, 60fps, 90fps, 500fps, they are still going to be able to see that frame. Sit them in front of a white screen and flash a black frame at them. They'll probably not be able to discern that one frame as quickly. Rods vs cones, dark vs light, blah blah blah.

It all depends on how you measure it, the rate of change between the frames, the brightness, the colors involved, the responsiveness of that person's particular non-standard slimy biological optical sensor, and so on.

Anyone trying to give you a maximum FPS eyes can see is a fucking retard who is grossly misinformed. Particularly anyone telling you that you can't see the difference between 30, 60, 120 fps, etc. considering it's trivial to slap 30fps gameplay next to 60fps gameplay and see the difference side-by-side.

I think a lot of it stems from these kids who grew up after super fast displays went out of the norm. Now they game on fucking slow, cheap, shitty LCD monitors that you can't as easily discern a difference in feel between different framerates. I still game on a 13 year old CRT (Sony FW-900), and it's arguably one of the best monitors ever built. No such thing as input lag or even really screen tearing on that badboy at 1440p. I feel like it really helps my competitiveness in twitch shooters.

Had these kids experienced that kind of display, they'd be more open to the concept of higher framerates = better. I'm looking into upgrading soon to one of the new 48" curved 4k quantum dot displays from Samsung, but I'm a little worried about how jarring the transition will be in going to a 60hz display. I'll probably keep both displays side by side, at least for a while. I think (hope) the improvement in immersion would trump any negative effects felt from going from a fast display to a "slow" one.

13. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 12:36 ForgedReality

Fucking idiots who think biological sensors utilize anything close to resembling a "frame rate" do not belong in any kind of discussion whatsoever, related or not. You lack the grey matter to participate.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2015, 11:11 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 10:44:
And don't forget the alcohol. That's almost always a factor as well.

Yeah! Never leave home without it!

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
3. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 16, 2015, 19:02 ForgedReality

Would hate to be the last guy to buy it, then the next day, the game no longer works. What a waste of time.  

News Comments > Leaked Hitman Footage
2. Re: Leaked Hitman Footage Jul 13, 2015, 13:10 ForgedReality

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 12:26:
Video was taken down

This may be the same content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxlqoMeEr_A

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins EA
6. Re: Jade Raymond Joins EA Jul 13, 2015, 13:08 ForgedReality

If her career weren't shot to hell before, it is now.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jul 8, 2015, 18:20 ForgedReality

MajorD wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 11:10:

Hackers galore on the PC, and it has gotten worse the last few times I've played, so I hope that is being addressed in the patch(es). You're pretty much isolated from it when racing, golfing, doing missions, etc., but free mode has become a major circus of hackers.

I've only played online a few times. I fucking hate it. Last time I played, some guy was bombing everyone on the server. Instantly, everyone would be killed in explosions right at their location. I was killed 2 or 3 times in this manner, while no players were anywhere near me. I said something to the perpetrator ("CoolKittyCat" was his name), and he specifically targeted me. He bombed me while I was trying to stick up a liquor store. I found that I suddenly had lost all my weapons and had only a stun gun. I tried to hold up the store using the stun gun, and then I was bombed.

And of course, reporting the incident to Rockstar, you need concrete proof in the form of screenshots or video. Had I known that, I would have found a way to record the screen prior to the event.

Fuckers deserve to be executed.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
10. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 12:43 ForgedReality

Guaranteed to get boring after an hour or two of seeing a bunch of the same shit over and over. Hollow, soulless, and ultimately a tech demo full of novelty.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 6, 2015, 11:03 ForgedReality

Didn't click any links, but, again, Apple is two years behind.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
2. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 29, 2015, 14:54 ForgedReality

You're lying.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 27, 2015, 00:46 ForgedReality

I don't know what kind of age limits there are on holding a seat in the FCC (if any), but maybe we could start by changing the age requirements for the United States Presidency from minimum 35 to minimum 21, maximum 45. We could do similarly with other branches and positions.

That would help bring government around to more accurately representing the future rather than the past. Get all these old, clueless fucks that time left behind the fuck out of positions of power.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
27. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 19:35 ForgedReality

ViRGE wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:26:
Drazula wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 10:50:
Wow! Will they piss off PC gamers by never re-releasing it?!
No, of course they'll re-release it. There's tens of millions of dollars in sales at stake here, plus contractual relationships with NVIDIA and the like. Fixing it will be much cheaper than losing out on all of those sales.

They've already lost out on nearly all of those sales, and that's not even talking about the potential sales they might have made from wait-and-seers who will never even consider it now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Consoles ruin gaming. It's not even an exaggeration at this point.

24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 13:56 ForgedReality

Wait what happens if I buy a pair of 980 Ti's now? What free game are they going to replace it with in those promos? :O  

23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 13:44 ForgedReality

What. A. Fucking. Mess.  

News Comments > Dreamfall Chapters: Book Three Thursday
3. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: Book Three Thursday Jun 24, 2015, 00:24 ForgedReality

The original games (The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey) enjoyed a bit of a niche audience themselves. They were excellent games, but I haven't played any of the Chapters. I don't want to spoil the feelings I have for the first games. But I bet that's the same kind of audience these have. They're not really expecting to hit a wide array of gamers here.  

1520 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo