Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1436 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 12:09 ForgedReality

And here we go... June 2nd is the release date.

wccftech

Already know it's my next card. This GTX580 has served me well, but it's high time I moved on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 11:16 ForgedReality

Task wrote on May 27, 2015, 11:04:
Finally some more news on the Ti version, sweet! Some awesome specs on that puppy. I hope by "imminent" they mean BEFORE August/September like the previous rumor.

The rumor mills have been churning out tons of information, it just hasn't been making it to "legitimate" sites. That September update was the rumor from late last year. It's coming within a week, if you believe the hypetrain that's happening right now. If it's under $700, I may buy two and overclock them. AMD isn't even in the cards anymore (unintentional pun), not since my 4870x2.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
63. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 22:29 ForgedReality

CJ_Parker wrote on May 26, 2015, 20:48:
ForgedReality wrote on May 26, 2015, 20:30:
Wait, so can someone explain to me why the rebinding that existed before the patch wasn't sufficient? I never felt the need to rebind anything. In fact, I never even went into that menu.

You're right! Every developer should follow CD Projekt's shining example IMMEDIATELY and lock people into a fixed controls scheme!
Let's go back to the 1990s where every game required you to learn a new control scheme that you could not change!
Kickstarter is proof that people want old school anyway! So what a great idea to bring back the old school fun of locked control schemes! Rejoice everyone!

I play the game as the devs intended.

Wow! Really? You, Sir, are a hero and an exemplar!

Remember back in the day when rebinding was not even a consideration? When movement keys were up, down, left, and right? When there was no jump or crouch or lean or ironsights? When you had to just take what you were given and fucking learn to press the right keys to do the right thing?

Yeah, man, totally! Let's throw away a decade or more of what some dumbshits are calling "progress". What the hell do they know? Heretics! They wouldn't know an awesome fixed control scheme if it screwed them in the ass and called them Sally!

It's just like learning anything new. You drive a car, if it's an automatic, you learn how that works, and you do it. Then, later, you want to drive a manual, so you change your technique a little bit, but you still learn how to do it, and it works. Then you learn to ride a motorcycle; it's got completely different controls and a whole new set of physics to consider, but you learn how and you just do it and it works. You don't call the manufacturer and go, "hey, this isn't the same as the car I'm used to driving. It would be great if I could press the right pedal to go faster, and if you could figure out a way to have a steering wheel and not have to clutch with my left hand and shift with my left foot..." You learn how to do it; you don't bitch about it.

Ah, finally the overdue car analogy in this epic post of yours! Whew... glad we got that sorted out.

Why is it a huge major catastrophe when you have keys you have to learn to use because it's not exactly the same as every other game you play? Man up. XD

There you have it folks. Like most things in life it all boils down to the POWER OF THE MOST HAIRY BALLSACK at the end of the day.

Or maybe I'm just way off base, and you all just want to use F1, F2, F3, F4 instead of WASD, and that's actually the new control scheme and I'm just out of the loop.

Nah, dude. You're totally on top of things here. Everything is fine. Relax.

WOW!! Thanks for the totally mature and intelligent response! I'm so glad I asked a question on Bluesnews.

It also went way the fuck over your head.

I was ASKING A QUESTION. I never went into the menu before, but there was a rebind keys entry there. How is it different now? Was it not sufficient? How is this improving things? Why do I have to ask the same fucking question twice? Can someone with a brain please chime in here instead of this badass-on-the-internet troll?

Thanks!

59. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 20:30 ForgedReality

Wait, so can someone explain to me why the rebinding that existed before the patch wasn't sufficient? I never felt the need to rebind anything. In fact, I never even went into that menu.

I play the game as the devs intended. Remember back in the day when rebinding was not even a consideration? When movement keys were up, down, left, and right? When there was no jump or crouch or lean or ironsights? When you had to just take what you were given and fucking learn to press the right keys to do the right thing?

It's just like learning anything new. You drive a car, if it's an automatic, you learn how that works, and you do it. Then, later, you want to drive a manual, so you change your technique a little bit, but you still learn how to do it, and it works. Then you learn to ride a motorcycle; it's got completely different controls and a whole new set of physics to consider, but you learn how and you just do it and it works. You don't call the manufacturer and go, "hey, this isn't the same as the car I'm used to driving. It would be great if I could press the right pedal to go faster, and if you could figure out a way to have a steering wheel and not have to clutch with my left hand and shift with my left foot..." You learn how to do it; you don't bitch about it.

Why is it a huge major catastrophe when you have keys you have to learn to use because it's not exactly the same as every other game you play? Man up. XD

Or maybe I'm just way off base, and you all just want to use F1, F2, F3, F4 instead of WASD, and that's actually the new control scheme and I'm just out of the loop.

Also, I don't get why people were saying there's no strafe in this game. There is, and it's fucking perfect. There's strafe when you need/want it (combat) and it's yaw adjustment when you want that (moving places). I wish every single game on the planet were exactly like that.

24. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:01 ForgedReality

I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece.

I heartily disagree with most of what Mac says in his Worth A Buy review of the game (with only 10 hours under his belt, by the way), and that's a first for me. I've never before disagreed with him so thoroughly.

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
13. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 17:23 ForgedReality

siapnar wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:04:
ViRGE wrote on May 21, 2015, 15:56:
Give me NFS3 HD any day of the week.
If they pretty much did this or High Stakes HD, I can't see it being a flop.

Need to go back to basics for once

Yeah, I don't get what people see in those shitty NFS games where you do 0-100mph in 1 second and take a 120 degree turn at 200mph without even slowing down and losing almost no traction. Give me a game that takes skill, without all the flashy visual effects and magical abilities, and I'm happy.

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
2. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 12:54 ForgedReality

Oh yay. More arcade garbage... They need to hire someone who knows how to develop a racing game akin to the games they used to make when they likely had a completely different dev team (High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed). That's the only way they'll make another good Need For Speed.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 11:56 ForgedReality

Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 20, 2015, 21:42 ForgedReality

At least you get to play. I have to wait until Friday. :\  

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
3. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 15:57 ForgedReality

jacobvandy wrote on May 20, 2015, 15:02:
ForgedReality wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:37:
So, HL3 features a minigame where you're driving Dr. Kleiner around in a limousine, CONFIRMED.

You're thinking chauffeur.

See? They want to throw you off the scent! Clever Valve.

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
1. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 11:37 ForgedReality

So, HL3 features a minigame where you're driving Dr. Kleiner around in a limousine, CONFIRMED.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 19, 2015, 17:40 ForgedReality

Flatline wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:55:
Aero wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:39:
That's a really unfortunate name.

Yes, I totally read that as dildo too.

WHAAAAATT?! Why would your brain even go there? I read it as OldOld.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2015, 11:41 ForgedReality

Thank fucking god. First good move I've heard about from Apple.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
37. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:38 ForgedReality

Quboid wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:07:
Is it out?

It unlocks tomorrow, as far as I know. Preloads have already begun. My Collector's Edition shipped today and arrives Friday. Suffice it to say, I'm "working from home" that day.

31. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:21 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:17:
ForgedReality wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:53:
CDPR has already admitted that they had to gimp the graphics significantly to accommodate console trash. Thanks, AMD, for ruining gaming for everyone.

If they did they most certainly did not have to. So it's most certainly not AMD's fault. If anyone it's probably Obama. Thanks Obama!
Wry

Yeah, they wouldn't have had to if the consoles sported nVidia hardware. But then, the consoles would cost $100 more and we all know how hard it is to get mommy to spend $400 on us as it is...

18. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:53 ForgedReality

CDPR has already admitted that they had to gimp the graphics significantly to accommodate console trash. Thanks, AMD, for ruining gaming for everyone.  

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
29. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 12:29 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on May 17, 2015, 11:54:
HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2015, 10:34:
CD Projekt RED is giving back a little of that great cred they built up recently.

No one should be surprised that a game built for 3 platforms has serious compromises. Blame Sony and Microsoft for cheaping-out on hardware, which in retrospect feels like collusion between MS and the Big S to keep specs low.

Everyone assumed the new consoles would be far more powerful. Like someone said here on this website, not rendering at 1080p for all titles simply wasn't a conversation anyone thought was possible when discussing the new console generation.

That's a mistake on CDPR's part and one they're not likely to make again, but at least an understandable one.

You can all thank AMD for that. AMD hardware is fucking garbage. But they marketed it well enough to Microsoft and Sony, with enough of a discount over nVidia that they bought the marketing and stuffed that trash in their consoles. And now we all fucking suffer for it. Good going, PR. You're literally holding back progress. The last console gen was actually a huge step up from the one before it, but now that AMD is involved, it's barely an improvement, let alone a generational leap.

I don't know if I should blame AMD for not being able to compete or nVidia for spoiling us with actual innovative hardware. I tend to think that progress is the better path to take though, rather than cutting corners constantly the way AMD does. I wish some rich investor would step up and inject tons of funding into AMD so that we don't have to keep being tied down to this utter trash we keep having to deal with from them.

I guarantee it's going to be the same fucking bullshit with their 300 series of GPUs too. All the fanboys are trumpeting it as the thing that will finally bring down nVidia. No. 3d memory isn't going to do jack shit. They'll still be number 2, and their idiot fanboys will still defend them, despite the fact that the majority of the series will merely be rebrands, and the one that has the new stacked memory will cost far more than it's worth. When will people wake up and stop buying their shit just because it's cheaper? Force them to actually make advancements instead of holding the entire fucking industry back. >:\

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
51. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 16, 2015, 11:04 ForgedReality

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 16, 2015, 09:54:
ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2015, 06:11:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:30:
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:59:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

You mean GOG? I broke down and picked it up, even though I very rarely pre-order games. $43.80 was a decent price for it. It's a GOG key rather than Steam though.

Possibly GOG, but GOG is owned by CD Projekt. Unless this changed and I was unaware.

It is. Guess offers like this one are a way to direct people toward using their service instead of Steam.

GOG = Good Old Games.
GMG = Green Man Gaming.

GMG is the one that had the deal.

I bought the $150 collector's edition though because I want that fucking art book and statue of Geralt.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 15, 2015, 12:25 ForgedReality

Wait, what? Who the fuck would want to steal an Apple Watch? >_< XD XD XD I'm kind of surprised anyone is buying them...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews May 13, 2015, 15:46 ForgedReality

So I finally managed to order the Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3. I don't care if all these paid reviews are way off base and the game ends up sucking. I just want that fucking statue of Geralt. XD

This comment was edited on May 13, 2015, 18:54.

1436 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo