Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Horace

Real Name Horace   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pankin
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2009, 07:09
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 55260

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On MW3 Bans
19. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 16, 2011, 07:48 Pankin

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 18:53:
I realize there have been cheats as long as there have been games but back in the day cheaters weren't blatant about it. They would mostly just use cheats on single player games that were too hard for them. That I can forgive and understand. However cheating during online games is something different. I can't understand how cheating to win could make anyone feel good in any way. I would feel like a scumbag looser if I had to resort to hacks to gain the upper hand.

Agreed. In Skyrim, for instance, if I'm moving from one house to another, I'll activate my godly powers so my encumbrance limit is temporarily ignored. My sister, however, plays Skyrim with tgm activated 100% of the time. It drives me batty. She says she just likes going around exploring and dying all the time would bum her out. <pankin shrugs>

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2011, 21:56 Pankin

It's just as clunky as I thought it would be. Who in their right mind would/could play for hours like that?  

News Comments > Black Friday Mobilization
15. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 26, 2011, 10:46 Pankin

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:51:
space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:34:
actual reality is the sticks and stones that will break your bones - not the bullshit you use to hide from it, whatever you want to call it

you see, actual reality does not depend on your subjective interpretation... that is the point

you can describe it however you like, and you can be as wildly inaccurate as you wish - yet the actual reality remains unchanged, and continues to control your every movement

So even though I've shown you about how a full access voice controlled co-developed by Microsoft has existed for years before Siri (with a starting to point so you may continue to review and learn of this technology), you still believe that Siri was the first to do this?

Fascinating. I've of course heard of the the whole concept of Apple/Steve Jobs reality distortion field effect people to ignore the facts and accept what they say, but you sir, you are it in full form. And not only have you accepted what they said was fact, but you've gone as far as blocking and ignoring any and all facts that say otherswise... just... wow.... And you wish to project your blindness on me. Now that is the full potential of marketing.

I don't think anyone here is defending Siri as being the first of anything. At least, I'm not. I'm more amused by Microsoft's reaction to Siri. To me, that reaction tells me pretty much all I need to know about Microsoft and their weird ad-hoc marketing machine.

News Comments > Black Friday Mobilization
3. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 19:07 Pankin

Oh that's hysterical.

Microsoft's like an aging dog: it spends most of it's time sleeping by the fireplace while all the other younger dogs jump over it & play.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 23, 2011, 05:59 Pankin

Obvious? Sure. Still funny though. I want more.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2011, 20:16 Pankin

You know, I read the Arrested Development headline and I thought, "Oh cool, Netflix is getting seasons 1-3 to stream again, I never knew it went away." Little did I know Netflix is PRODUCING Season 4!!!

WHAAAAAAT!!?!?!!

That's crazy-insane great news!

It's zero hour, Blue. It's the end of the line.
I'm the firstborn.
Sick of playing second fiddle.
Always third in line for everything.
Tired of finishing fourth.
Being the fifth wheel.

There are...six things I'm mad about, and Netflix is taking over.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
9. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 16, 2011, 23:35 Pankin

"...if only Rage had performed as well."

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
67. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 21:23 Pankin

siapnar wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 12:37:
And lol @ you're other comment

You're = you are. Always.

As in: there's never a time you're doesn't mean you are.

News Comments > More A Game of Throne Games Planned
4. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 21:02 Pankin

Ol' Georgie-boy's gettin' PAID!!  

10. Re: Star Wars fan killed his Thai wife Nov 4, 2011, 11:51 Pankin

"Me love you long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February
21. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February Nov 3, 2011, 20:42 Pankin

These types of Game of the Year/Ultimate Edition releases are the very reason I never buy DLCs piecemeal. I love having the DVD with everything on it.  

News Comments > On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio
8. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 3, 2011, 18:44 Pankin

Best comment on this vid's YT page:

"My Cock & Balls will be washed like never before for the release of Skyrim."

News Comments > Play Skyrim Three Hours Early?
16. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 09:21 Pankin

ZeroCougar wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 02:58:
I'm torn with this game. On one hand getting it ASAP and enjoying it with everyone else would be great.

On the other hand there is next to zero reason to pre-order this. No bonus's, no trinkets, even if its something lame. There is just nothing to give a reason that this is a must have pre-order. And for the near 100% chance that there will be a major patch that will be needed, why risk it?

You're (you are) forgetting the NewEgg coupon code from a week ago or so that sliced a whopping $12 off the retail price, son. Is that a decent enough reason?

Was for me.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Making of" Trailer
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Making of" Trailer Nov 1, 2011, 21:08 Pankin

Is this supposed to make us yearn for the collector's edition? This movie will be on the YouTubes in its entirety shortly after Nov 11, I assure you.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy
22. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 27, 2011, 20:56 Pankin

foot wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 05:21:
Wow, I can't believe even the great Carmack doesn't know the difference between then and than.

Apparently, using the correct word isn't much of a priority. Then, than; your, you're; there, their, they're; to, too, two; effect, affect...it's all irrelevant on the infrawebs.

News Comments > The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview
52. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 23, 2011, 18:10 Pankin

Jerykk wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 03:38:
On a semi-related note, Newegg is selling pre-orders of Skyrim for $49.99 after a coupon code, free shipping.

Coupon code: EMCYTZT852, expires on the 22nd.

Nicely done, sir. I used this to get $12 off which actually made it $47.99. Kudos to you.

42. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 23, 2011, 11:02 Pankin

everyone wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 10:10:
One of my favourite Fallout 3 bugs is the NPCs falling through the floor. I teleported myself to the Megaton Sheriff at one point, as he had been missing for a quite some time, and there he was under the ground with about 5 other similarly afflicted NPCs. I had to use the console to teleport them out one by one. Maybe it was a protest against my poorly maintained computer.

I see what you did there.

11. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 22, 2011, 17:51 Pankin

PHJF wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 15:40:
Replaying Oblivion after four years, modded heavily... and the game does not stand up well at all, visually or otherwise. Music is still great but that's about it. Deadly Reflex 6 installed, but it's a little more than a patch on a festering wound

I agree but more involving the gameplay mechanics than the graphics. Between Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas, we've all just sort of tacitly agreed that the way to do NPC dialogue is to pause the entire world, zoom in on the NPC speaking, and endure a dialogue tree. I think the main element of Skyrim that'll instantly spoil all of us is the new dialogue system. We may still have a tree to deal with but releasing the need to lock in & zoom should make things interesting.

I wonder what'll happen if you just walk away in the middle of an NPC's sentence? Probably similar to real life: they'd think you were the captain of the douche canoe.

Nov 11th is a Friday. How fucking perfect is that?

News Comments > Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor "Bollocks"
8. Re: Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor Oct 21, 2011, 11:58 Pankin

While I don't think Bethesda would ever postpone an id game...(select to see parenthetical)
(and by the way, aren't Bethesda and id peers of one another, both being under the Zenimax umbrella?
How can one entity dictate terms to a peer? Something weird going on there)

...you can bet your booties that there was SOME level of quality control change-up because of Rage. That's right: booties!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2011, 10:29 Pankin

...and then it's off to the funky little boat race!

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo