Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Horace

Real Name Horace   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pankin
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2009, 07:09
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 55260

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2010, 09:14 Pankin

Movies aspire to be art but very few actually make it there.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Patched
3. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Patched Sep 11, 2010, 09:21 Pankin

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 00:37:
Yahtzee Cremshaw's Zero Punctuation review for this game was one of the funniest he's done in a long time!
Agreed. Yahtzee's best reviews are generally the ones he really hated. STALKER is a really funny one too.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
22. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 3, 2010, 19:13 Pankin

I, for one, welcome this bit of news and I'll be sure to buy the game as soon as it's available.

Take that, haters.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced
42. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Sep 3, 2010, 12:26 Pankin

Bumpy wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 10:46:
Only good thing I can think of with this announcement is that Stalker series had TONS of well made mods and tweaks.

Like Fallout3 and Oblivion, I'm betting Stalker2 will have plenty of smart modders FIXING the game to proper PC abilities and adjustments.

This is a good point. The mod community for Stalker has never been shy about disagreeing with developers' choices. All 3 existing iterations of Stalker each have multiple mods that address the UI specifically. I see no reason to think Stalker 2 will be absent from the mod party.

Unless, of course, Stalker 2 isn't mod friendly. <dramatic music>

News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
27. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 14:07 Pankin

MouseJockey wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 12:04:
I take it, one will be a new Half-Life (Main moneymaker)
Followed by a source game of sorts, L4D (good bet)or something similar.(might even be that Movie they are attempting to make themselves)
then a NEW ENGINE... cause they don't want to fall to far behind ID, or Epic.

Yeah, I'm not so sure Half-Life is their big moneymaker. I'd say Steam is their big moneymaker. And frankly, I don't place too much value on Eps 3. If it comes out, fine. If not, that's cool too. I'm much more excited by Portal 2 these days. And I'm betting Valve is too, seeing that's what they've been working on all this time.

I'm not complaining, unlike the rest of you jackals.

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
56. Re: Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability" Aug 31, 2010, 10:14 Pankin

74% feels about right to me. But then, I'm only on chapter 4.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2010, 14:13 Pankin

swedishfriend wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 13:30:
Modern family portrays a family that would be considered modern 15-20 years ago in a format that is totally old school sit-com formula. I still like it even though I am never surprised by any jokes or situations. The power of good execution.

Network television knows no other way to do sitcoms. That's why I rely on movies and stand-up for comedy. TV is just not funny to me anymore.

News Comments > Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie
21. Re: Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie Aug 27, 2010, 00:25 Pankin

Yikes.

Am I really the only one that remembers the cinematic suppository known as Wing Commander?

News Comments > How Steam Saved Introversion
7. Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Aug 25, 2010, 09:50 Pankin

Uplink and Darwinia are both a lot of fun but Defcon, while fun too, seems to be only a multi-player game. For those of us who can't stand people, have they made a single-player mode for Defcon? Cheers!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 20, 2010, 15:53 Pankin

Yowza!  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
2. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Aug 17, 2010, 12:10 Pankin

So not interested in fighting aliens. It was the worst thing about Crysis. And Far Cry (mutants).  

9. Re: Long-Tenured Senator Helped Shape Alaska. Aug 11, 2010, 12:25 Pankin

Damn you, sir! I was going to make a similar joke. Great minds and all.  

News Comments > GFW LIVE Activity
2. Re: GFW LIVE Activity Aug 4, 2010, 10:44 Pankin

I can't speak regarding any other game on this list but there's a very effective GFWL removal tool for Fallout 3 available at the fallout3nexus.com mod supersite. It works like a charm.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Microsoft ZunePad Jul 14, 2010, 14:57 Pankin

Can this mean Microsoft will now try to copy Apple's success? Gee, that's never happened before.  

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
9. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 9, 2010, 21:02 Pankin

Cowards.

News Comments > Blizzard on Real ID
95. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 14:38 Pankin

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 04:23:
I think RealID is a great idea, KUDOS to Blizzard for implementing it in the way they did.

If it was any other company no one would give a shit, but Blizzard being Blizzard everyone is behaving like they are fucking with some God Given or Constitutional rights....

People are over-reacting to this in a big way...everyone needs to just chill a bit.
Agreed.

94. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 14:37 Pankin

eunichron wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 03:13:
Draugr wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 02:41:
posting on the official Blizzard forums are completely optional"
Yeah... it says, "posting on the official Blizzard forums is completely optional." Not, "Posting on the official Blizzard forums with your RealID is completely optional."
Yes, you understand the distinction correctly. Good for you. So what's the problem? Oh, I see. You WANT to post in the Blizzard forums WITHOUT using RealID, is that right? Well, you can't.

Next issue.

93. Re: John Birshire, real name, no gimmicks... Jul 8, 2010, 14:35 Pankin

agpc wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 05:30:
Kosumo wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 01:52:
agpc, can I ask, why is it you think an employer may not employ you due to playing computer games? In what field could this be a danger? (and if it is, and you are a gamer, you should not be doing it.)

Have you worked in the corporate world? Hiring usually comes down to a hiring manager, and they have all sorts of pet peeves. There are many folks in hiring positions who look down on video gamers because they perceive video games to be a waste of time, and therefore assume those who play them will waste time at work. I have had meetings with people who laugh about employees that play games like world of warcraft. Jokes about wizard hats and the like.

So then don't post in Blizzard forums. Problem solved. Wow, that was easy.

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
25. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jul 5, 2010, 07:46 Pankin

Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 15:51:
I'd like to know who the people are that want to wear the heavy 3d glasses tethered to a cord, can actually wear this and play a game for more than 10min and not have the cord pissing them off and not have their eyes bothering them.

I tried 3D Resident Evil 5 at PAX last year, after a few minutes I was done and had zero interest in ever playing 3D games.

I used to have one of those VFX1 VR Headsets from Forte back in '96 or there-abouts. It's pretty much the way Krovven describes it except, back then, LCD screens could only be miniaturized so far...which meant the resolution could only go as high as 640x480. But for 1996, that's in the basic neighborhood of parity.

I played System Shock and Falcon 3 with that thing strapped to my melon. It was great to be able to tilt your head back to look at the ceiling of Citadel Station or twist your head around to look around the cockpit of your F16.

But you couldn't do it longer than 20 minutes or so, your eyes would get so tired! It was expensive too. The entire rig: headset, PCI card, & "cyberpuck" was over $1000. I guess that's why it never took off back then.

19. Re: Rat Lung Grown In Laboratory Jun 26, 2010, 10:44 Pankin

Coincidentally, this was the theme to my senior prom. It was a magical night!  

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo