Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Horace

Real Name Horace   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pankin
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2009, 07:09
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 55260

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 16, 2011, 11:52 Pankin

Hmm. I didn't know IE9 couldn't run on Win XP. The things I learn on Blue's News, I tells ya!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Old but interesting Mar 14, 2011, 20:57 Pankin

Blue, are you quoting Sulu or is this just coincidence?  

News Comments > Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated]
16. Re: Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated] Mar 14, 2011, 19:56 Pankin

Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 19:38:
That was nice of Valve (giving back axs), but it's troubling that so many people are so willing to give up the ability to resell their purchases.
Arguing that a company holds rights to something is fine, but despite licensing, terms of agreement, etc, why is it that so many people accept this inability to resell?
You can find all sorts of collections upon eBay, of pc games, atari and games, dreamcast, etc.
Why shouldn't we be able to resell software that we purchase?

Does the loss of the ability to resell software mean as much if you've never done it? I say no. I've never resold any software I've ever bought.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 22:39 Pankin

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 18:34:
Since when is a sequel (or prequel) to a movie a remake?

I'll grant you that most sequels suck, but let's try to keep a certain amount of accuracy in our QQ'ing.

Correct. They're primarily talking about prequels/sequels, although the press release did mention a remake.

But even if it is a remake...so what?

[This is not directed at Stormsinger (who got it right), but rather those who generally object to remakes] Did you know that when they produce a remake that they actually DON'T alter anything from the original film?

It's true. Not a single frame is touched. I'm certain you're surprised to learn this, given how strongly the moronic horde react to remakes.

Also...they don't confiscate a single DVD of the original film from people's DVD collections. Phew, right? Again: a complete surprise to learn this, I'm sure. </sarcasm>

So, seriously, how will a remake of Blade Runner ruin the original? I'd love to hear this.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 1, 2011, 09:43 Pankin

Anyone Else Kicking Themselves For Not Auto-tuning George Carlin?

Certainly not. I hate that shit.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
42. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 17:04 Pankin

reisub wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 13:36:
I was thinking recently about how I'd go about hooking my PC up to the TV in a relatively simple, low latency way (the PC's a fair distance from the TV). I don't know if they'll be looking at the hardware or just software but I'll my keeping an eye on it.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the same thing...in 1998...so I did. MP3s via Winamp + visualizations on the big screen back when it was totally novel. Boy, those were the days.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
32. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 15:53 Pankin

And to think this all started with a The Little id software Engine That Could.

Given how groundbreaking and huge id software was in the 90s, it always seemed like they were the ones that should've elevated to the position Valve is in now. id was so huge! Didn't everyone at id get a Ferrari as a bonus one year or something? Talk about squandering your position.

Today, id is owned by Zenimax and Valve is totally calling their own shots and innovating and diversifying like a motherfucker.

I just think that's funny.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer
50. Re: Launch Date too aggressive Feb 25, 2011, 12:19 Pankin

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 06:26:
Please please pretty please no level scaling monsters and NPCs this time around...

I don't think there's anything (that I've seen) to suggest that leveling in V will be different than what it was in IV. I don't think Bethesda believes this leveling concern is anything more than the fabled "vocal minority" and I think they're right. Hence: no changes to leveling, probably. If there were a change of this kind planned, I think they'd have mentioned it in a myriad previews I've read.

Besides, I guaran-GOT-DAMN-tee that a mod will be created that addresses the leveling game mechanic. Plus a thousand other mods that do a thousand other things.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Feb 23, 2011, 07:48 Pankin

Tanto Edge wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 16:16:
@Pankin What wit! You must be the life of every party.

Thanks! I like to think so.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Feb 22, 2011, 08:01 Pankin

Tanto Edge wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 01:15:
@Verno
Arguing for the sake of arguing.
What a world.

@Tanto Edge
Trolling for the sake of trolling.
What a douche.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2011, 20:52 Pankin

Sepharo wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 19:37:
Ant stop making the internet feel like such a small place.

I'm bored and go over to Digg, really bored and start reading Digg comments, and they're full of Ant posts!

We have to put up with him at Videosift too. Ugh.

5. Re: Chernobyl birds Feb 6, 2011, 13:29 Pankin

You mean they haven't found any Controllers or Pseudo-Dogs yet? A pity.

I couldn't care less about "the big game", oh fuck it: the Super Bowl. Sue me.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Closing
1. Re: Company of Heroes Online Closing Feb 1, 2011, 15:46 Pankin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A  

News Comments > More Games to Use the Skyrim Engine
19. Re: belief vs fact Jan 25, 2011, 19:04 Pankin

space captain wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 12:30:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 12:21:
Where'd you read that?

there is this new thing called the "internet" where they have all kinds of information

Source distantly originates from the GoldSrc engine, itself a heavily modified version of the QuakeWorld iteration of John D. Carmack's Quake engine, as is explained by Valve employee Erik Johnson on the Valve Developer Community:[30]

When we were getting very close to releasing Half-Life (less than a week or so), we found there were already some projects that we needed to start working on, but we couldn't risk checking in code to the shipping version of the game. At that point we forked off the code in VSS to be both $/Goldsrc and /$Src. Over the next few years, we used these terms internally as "Goldsource" and "Source". At least initially, the Goldsrc branch of code referred to the codebase that was currently released, and Src referred to the next set of more risky technology that we were working on. When it came down to show Half-Life 2 for the first time at E3, it was part of our internal communication to refer to the "Source" engine vs. the "Goldsource" engine, and the name stuck.

Source was developed part-by-part from this fork onwards, slowly replacing GoldSrc in Valve's internal projects[31] and explaining in part the reasons behind its unusually modular nature. Valve's development of Source since has been a mixture of licensed middleware (Havok Physics, albeit heavily modified, and MP3 playback) and in-house-developed code.

and now jeryyk, you may begin your arguments about why your belief is more correct than mine.. however i must warn you that i could give a rats ass about them... beliefs, that is

Jerykk, the adult thing to do here is to say the following...

You're right, I was wrong.

Trust me, although it may sting a little at first, your character will be bolstered and you'll walk through & emerge a man! You can do it!!

News Comments > Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice
14. Re: Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice Jan 25, 2011, 18:47 Pankin

"I am also not aware of any issues with safety, unless the Gamers' Voice organization is concerned that the overweight segment of the gaming population might suffer if they have to arise from the sofa to re-boot their PS3s when they seize up."

This was kinda funny.

9. Re: The Skin-Prick Test Jan 20, 2011, 14:30 Pankin

This was funny. Very Stewartesque.  

News Comments > On Skyrim Mod Support
22. Re: On Skyrim Mod Support Jan 20, 2011, 14:23 Pankin

InBlack wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 07:55:
Pankin wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 21:16:
Be careful not to underestimate the Blue's Newsie crowd's preternatural ability to find the dark side to any news.

Just wait...

Never underestimate the ability of some looser to shit on a whole community with his holier-than-thou attitude.

The word you mean to use is 'loser'.

Looser is where you might refer to a bolt or screw that's tighter or looser than another. Or a pickle jar lid.

Here endeth the lesson.

News Comments > On Skyrim Mod Support
2. Re: On Skyrim Mod Support Jan 19, 2011, 21:16 Pankin

Be careful not to underestimate the Blue's Newsie crowd's preternatural ability to find the dark side to any news.

Just wait...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 17, 2011, 22:21 Pankin

Looking forward to this, just to be different.  

News Comments > Legal Fallout Continues
13. Re: Legal Fallout Continues Jan 14, 2011, 18:45 Pankin

This shit better not delay Fallout 4. That's all I have to say about it.  

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo