Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yakubs

Real Name Yakubs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yakubs
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 8, 2009, 22:22
Total Comments 449 (Amateur)
User ID 55251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
18. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:53 Yakubs

shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Classic correlation without causation argument. I suppose you want to blame Doom 2 for Columbine also? In reality, it works the other way around. Poisoned minds tend to gravitate toward media that appeals to them. Media doesn't turn healthy people into murderers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
6. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 09:29 Yakubs

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:55:
From what little Ive seen of the game, the difficulty is mainly in figuring out how to get past certain set pieces. I have strong and mostly negative feelings about games that force you to trial and error your way through everything. A 'difficulty' level isnt going to fix design faults.

Par for the course for this new breed of "narrative" games. I sort of applaud them for making this type of game with some sort of actual gameplay, as bad as it may be. Compare this to some of the other ones where you literally just walk through the game and watch cutscenes/listen to dialog...

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
5. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 11:44 Yakubs

"Southshore vs. Tarren Mill—The Battle Continues
To recapture the feeling of the endless tug-of-war of early WoW PvP, we’re opening a special Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on the timeless struggle between Southshore and Tarren Mill. We’ll have two different brackets for players to take part in: one for level 90–99 characters and another for level 100. Unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, this Battleground has a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat. A win will gain you a shiny new title: either Tarren Mill Terror for the Alliance or Southshore Slayer for the Horde."

This is a perfect microcosm for WoW design philosophy. After having removed everything interesting about the original game, let's bring it back but put theme-park structure around it so everyone can opt out of having their feelings hurt.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs
5. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs Nov 20, 2014, 09:05 Yakubs

I heard this game was pretty good, just criminally short. Are they going to bring the same design ideas to the Phantom Pain?  

News Comments > Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick Kickstarter
2. Re: Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick Kickstarter Nov 18, 2014, 21:46 Yakubs

Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Sold.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
3. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 21:43 Yakubs

Ha! The joke's on you guys! You didn't drop $60 on a bad game! HA HA HA... ha?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:32 Yakubs

Why would I want to spend 100 hours on quests like "Gather 10 Rat Tails" in a single player game?  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
12. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 15:46 Yakubs

sauron wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:42:
I know how you feel, nin. I played FFXI for eight years, LOTRO for a couple on and off, GW2 for a year straight, and FFXIV for 6 months. No more MMOs for me, ever.

On the upside, I now have time to play Skyrim, and a heavily graphics-updated version of Oblivion. The mods for the latter are so good, the graphics are almost (but not quite) Skyrim-quality. Higher-poly models (especially heads and faces), and really enhanced textures and environmental effects. Really quite lovely and I'm enjoying both games a ton.

You have an incredibly high tolerance for pain.

News Comments > Approaching Infinity Approaches
2. Re: Approaching Infinity Approaches Nov 10, 2014, 11:37 Yakubs

"While rogue-like games are not true role-playing games"

Might want to understand the medium you're in before embarrassing yourself in a press release.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
47. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 21:25 Yakubs

"FPS experience that’s more accessible to a much wider audience"

How come no one here has commented on this? FPS games are already symbols of stupidity in the gaming market (CoD, Halo, etc) and Blizzard wants to make it even worse? It's not a surprise but it's still depressing that this is what they've come to.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
10. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 10:28 Yakubs

Hey, have you seen my father? He's an old looking guy.

Or how about "African American" as a race option in Skyrim? (or was it Oblivion? Can't remember.)

Can't wait for the next helping of purified stupidity from our mentally challenged friends at Bethesda!

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
3. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 11:09 Yakubs

I just watched a round on some guy's Twitch stream and the game looked dreadful. They basically spent 5 minutes searching the map, eventually found the monster, and then held down the trigger button for 10 minutes while casually avoiding the monster's seemingly impotent attacks.

Cool idea but it looks like the execution is extremely poor.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:06 Yakubs

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:03:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:00:
I'm hoping that the PS4 will have a sale this holiday season. I want to play The Last of Us and GTA5.

LoU was fantastic. It leaves a mark behind.

It was a horrible game. It was also a terrible story, really, except for the first 10 minutes and the "surprise" ending. Recency effect is strong with this one.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
22. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 17:00 Yakubs

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:39:
Yakubs wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:24:
She's just another suit that gets extra attention due to her looks. /snore
Man....I hope you never have a daughter reproduce.

So she's not just another suit?

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
1. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 15:24 Yakubs

She's just another suit that gets extra attention due to her looks. /snore  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 13, 2014, 14:47 Yakubs

Gonna be fun to buy the PC port with the DLCs already included for $30-40. Console Destiny with the announced DLCs costs $60 + $35 (+ $400 for the console, which has basically no good games yet).  

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
17. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 12:54 Yakubs

Really fun game. The questing in the beginning is annoying and tedious but once you get past that, it really opens up.

IMO the fact that there are hacks and crazy shit going on just makes the game more fun. We're living in a world where our corporate overlords like Blizzard and EA keep tight control over everything we do in-game so it's nice to play a game like this again. It's just a video game after all, not your real life.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 25, 2014, 08:24 Yakubs

The Titan cancellation didn't cost Blizzard anything. The development is what cost Blizzard $50m+.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
25. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 08:38 Yakubs

Bunch of whiners. I played the game with no problem at all last night. Launch was perfectly fine. Better than WoW's launch, I can tell you that. Then again I wasn't dumb enough to drop $150 on it.

Based on my initial few hours of play last night, I can also tell you this game _SO FAR_ has more potential than WoW. Game doesn't treat you like you're retarded or child-like and doesn't assume you need boosts to your self esteem. Obviously the proof is in the pudding though so we'll see.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2014, 11:29 Yakubs

Ceribaen wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 11:03:
I tried Destiny on PS3 during one of the beta weekends, but honestly can't see what all the hype is about.
Doesn't seem like there's anything new or innovative in it, the story seemed alright but not super immersive either.

So what's the draw?

I guess the character/item persistence that helped make CoD so popular... but now there's PvE content along with it?

I also tried the beta and found it quite boring, though. Wander around nearly empty levels and gun down simple enemies? Uh ok.

449 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo