Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fearan

Real Name Fearan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 5, 2009, 14:42
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 55239

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
34. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 19, 2010, 09:36 Fearan

Grumpy Sod wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 09:12:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 16:59:
I have absolutely no interest in going online against someone who has nothing better to do than to memorize hot-key sequences and perfect opening moves to every map in the game.

This. I got into early invite beta and didn't play more than a few games before remembering that this was how SC ended up and why I wouldn't be playing SC2 MP.
People have to realize that Blizzard's ladder system is actually really good for this. For people who don't have time/skill/interest in learning all this, you will be playing against other people of the same level.

There are 5 leagues (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond) and you play against people of the same skill level, as determined by a system no one understands but it works very well. You will stay in bronze/silver as long as you want, and the people there don't have everything memorized.

I don't think the difficulty at higher levels should discourage anyone willing to take up a challenge. Although I think my generation really doesn't like challenges nowadays and this is why SCII might not be that popular, because it is something that requires work and isn't insta gratification like Halo where you're either good naturally or not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
31. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 19, 2010, 08:35 Fearan

I was around 12 when the original came out, and not mature enough to handle ladder play. With SCII I think anyone who enjoys having to think a bit will love SCII. The major difference with it and BW is that it's a lot more accessible for lower level players. With BW if you weren't a twitch-gamer capable of doing lots of things at once, you lost. With SCII, even if you're a bit slower, the mechanics are way easier and it's more decision oriented.

My gf who never played anything except Mario Galaxy loves it and we'll be picking up an extra copy for her. I think the Blizz magic in it is being able to show casual gamers what hardcore oriented gaming is. It won't redirect people who have 0 dedication to learning a skill and thought process to it, but for people who have the potential but never knew about it, SCII will take them in nicely.

Don't get me wrong, most gamers who don't enjoy long learning curves will hate this, but if you take a few hours to learn the basics & maybe play with a friend who knows something, you will come to love SCII. It's kind of like Chess in space.

I never played WoW but SCII brings forth emotions that no other game has in a long, long time... which I'm guessing is why so many people are addicted to WoW. During the beta downtime I wasn't able to play any other game, they're all so boring and layerless.

News Comments > Fallen Earth Military Discount
1. Re: Fallen Earth Military Discount Dec 8, 2009, 17:11 Fearan

Does this include non-US military personnel? Usually most of these offers are US Forces only, and this always pokes me in the wrong way as a Canadian infanteer.  

News Comments > Aion Character Transfers
2. Re: Aion Character Transfers Oct 5, 2009, 10:43 Fearan

What I'd like to understand, is why they built their server infrastructure like this? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have scalable servers? Obviously this is easier, but why not just have a few massive servers?  

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo