Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Santafalamus

Real Name Santafalamus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McJammiepants
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 2, 2009, 19:12
Total Comments 42 (Suspect)
User ID 55234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 20:14 McJammiepants

I would prefer that comcast focus on fixing my inconsistent internet connection ... but, you know, screw enforcing the sherman antitrust act. PROFITZZZZ  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 18:33 McJammiepants

Did anyone actually get into this thing? I'm still waiting on code.  

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
38. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 22:10 McJammiepants

harlock wrote on May 29, 2014, 21:52:
Slick wrote on May 29, 2014, 20:37:
harlock wrote on May 29, 2014, 19:45:
Slick wrote on May 29, 2014, 19:14:
solo-pugging

wut

pugging aka pubbing aka not a private scrim server aka "playing a public server"

solo = by yourself, aka without friends, aka i'm so alone, aka sadness mode engaged

i know what pubbing is

just not familiar with that little variation of the word that you came up with

doesnt make sense but whatever

anyways, go have fun solo-pegging yourself

It's an acronym for "Pick up group", to give a helpful answer without being an unnecessary dickhole.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
54. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 16:50 McJammiepants

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2014, 09:09:
Have 3-4 hours in the game - there is no way the PC was lead platform - it just isn't possible.

As stated, the menu and UI is direct console version. Large text and boxes, terrible mouse input, weird mouse movement, etc.

Weapon wheel is really f-d up. Hold tab then go around, but then there are multiple selections for each item, and it isn't easy to switch. Just a mess.

Because the mouse stuff is so jacked up, gun fights are a nightmare - I guess I could turn on auto aim.

If the PC was lead platform, none of the UI stuff would be this bad. It is absolutely unacceptable in 2014 for this stuff to be like this.

It honestly feels like an arcade driving game with running elements put in afterwards. It lacks polish. Remember the last few Driver games? Where you could get out of the car and run around - yea, it feels THAT bad.

I agree with everything you have written here. It's a shame too, because it resides near the border of great game territory, while crippling itself enough to exist on the side of frustrating deficiency.

The sluggish controls continually pull me out of a sense of immersion, which amplifies the annoyance of a console oriented UI. They got close, but it isn't likely a game I will be going back to after a week, or so.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 27, 2014, 20:42 McJammiepants

Hey, games that mine your user data are all the rage.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 12:44 McJammiepants

Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:32:
Whiskers wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:20:
It looks more like Battlefield 3.5.

here's hoping the next installment will be Battlefield 2143

With Titanfall on the way you can bet EA will be looking to compete with it, I bet we'll see a BF5 that is essentially BF2143.

Titanfall is an EA release.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
22. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 03:09 McJammiepants

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 01:07:

Bullshit, this close to release they don't have time to make serious changes. What you saw in the beta will 99% be closest to the final. Every fucking beta works like this, morons like you who haven't experienced enough actual beta's deny it though.

I bet you can't even name one game where beta and retail were radically different.

BF3. Not only are you being inflammatory, you are also quite wrong. The BF3 beta was an older build than what DICE were working with when the beta was being held. The final release was noticeably different both in performance, game play, and aesthetic. This is straight fact, guy.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 14:24 McJammiepants

I am very pleased EA figured it out and got the release time set for 12:00 am EDT. Makes the release much more exciting. Preloaded and super excited!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 01:13 McJammiepants

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 19:14:
Yeah, because you know, Biden has been way extreme all his life, what with his "Eat babies" campaign.

--

Look at the charges against Aaron Swartz for what the actual actions were. The reason the charges are being posthumously dropped because they know it was a gigantic overreach and they were just going for a show-trial for both lobbyists and the public. Prosecutors, lobbyists and certain politicians want this to go away, quickly.

To this day, no one has been prosecuted for crashing the world economy with bad debt and mortgage trading schemes. Most of the actors involved are multi-billion dollar corporations.

A guy making a political statement with little to no access to resources gets 13 felony charges (some completely irrelevant to his actual actions) against him for what is traditionally misdemeanor offenses.

Nothing like an informed post to make me smile

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
19. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 01:20 McJammiepants

SlimRam wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 01:11:
Damn, the way everyone jizzes over this game apparently it's awesome? The minute I read that there were no weapons I thought, "Well dammit, if I can't blow the torso out from under some ugly, attacking monsters face with a double-barrel shotgun...what's the point?" .....must look into this further, hmmmmmm

The point is to have your helpless balls scared into your throat.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 19:19 McJammiepants

Rea1One wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:09:
The Best BF3 DLC so far!!!

Agreed. I have played for only an hour and a half or so and already had a number of epic moments. That, and the maps are beautiful.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Videos
2. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Videos Jun 8, 2012, 22:30 McJammiepants

Well said.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Test Results
3. Re: Portal 2 Test Results May 10, 2012, 21:58 McJammiepants

For anyone interested, here's a map I did with the new editor.

"Limerence for a Cube"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68693834

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer
22. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:57 McJammiepants

I've been having so much fun playing SquadDM. When they initially unveiled this DLC I was disappointed. After finding a more enjoyable experience in SQDM than Conquest, my opinion has turned to excitement. I enjoy taking care of things with a few dudes I can trust rather than a team half-full of dickholes. The douchebaggery is much more manageable within smaller game modes.

That said, nothing compares to conquest with two really good teams.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
66. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 16:27 McJammiepants

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 16:22:

OT but that's pretty much the best name on these forums You can't argue with someone named McJammiepants.

I thank you, good sir. It was a tough name to carry growing up. But now, as an adult, I'm happy I wore through the wear.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
61. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:48 McJammiepants

It is pretty humorous that they're showcasing a major reason folks are pissed about the battlenet, always online structure. Even though they're using this as a means to lessen the prevalence for the actual release, we all know there will still be problems. It's even worse that you're reliant on their servers for core game data, rather than just a quick ping/pong to verify the games validity.

At least we'll get access to the forum DLC on day one so we have something to do while we wait.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
167. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 22:21 McJammiepants

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 22:08:
Yawn. So, is anyone actually looking forward to this game? I thought the beta was quite fun. The online thing doesn't bother me, maybe because I play so many MMOs and online games.

I am. I think half the reason these games don't induce the boners they used to is because the fans aren't 15 anymore, and have their left hemispheres WAAAYY too involved. This is exemplified by most of the posts below. Seriously, many of you are thinking much too much about this, and therefor have yourselves to blame for a lack of enjoyment, and no one else.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned Feb 22, 2012, 22:19 McJammiepants

Fewer plans, more action. Where's that DLC news?  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
12. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 14:36 McJammiepants

RollinThundr: keep that shit out of here unless you're prepared tobe called a misinformed sensationalist asshole.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
31. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 14:11 McJammiepants

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 13:34:
A 93 on Metacritic, a week after it's revealed that EA is (allegedly) making sure that sites that get a copy are sites that are slobbering all over Battlefield 3 prematurely.

Somehow I'm not really all that surprised at the cherry-picked score.

As for Origin, I was forced to use it this weekend to re-download the one game I own on Origin, which is DLC for Mass Effect. I was fully expecting to be told that I own nothing, but miraculously, Origin actually acknowledges that I own this game.

Click on download, am told that the 250MB DLC will require 500MB in disk space, but will go down to 250MB afterwards. I'm given no control over WHERE to download this, and Origin apparently happily plunks it on my solid state boot drive, which isn't where I want it, but okay.

At 63% or so into the download, Origin says that "An unexpected error has occurred. We're sorry! Please exit out of Origin, start it up again, and start the download again!"

I exit out of Origin, start it up again, and lo and behold, I get to redownload the entire DLC, because in the year 2011, EA has still apparently never heard of the concept of BEING ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR FUCKING DOWNLOAD. You know, like the internet has been able to do since the year 19fucking97.

Fuck Origin.

Creston

Under settings, there are options to choose where Origin installs your games. It doesn't prompt you for each game, but like Steam, you can direct it to a specific location for all games.

42 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo