Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gas Bandit

Real Name Gas Bandit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gas Bandit
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description The Gas Bandit
Homepage http://www.gasbanditry.com
Signed On Sep 21, 2009, 00:47
Total Comments 118 (Novice)
User ID 55217

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Trailer
3. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 19:50 Gas Bandit

Ah, Left4Skaven. Looks Cool.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
9. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 10:57 Gas Bandit

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 09:51:
In before all the people that don't even play the game chime in.

I've put about 100 hours into this game. I don't really play it anymore, mostly because of server and engine performance ridiculousness.

For a game all about immersion, and one that does it much better than most, they need to sort out how the servers will work. every server disconnects about once every couple hours.

My guess is that people stopped playing because the last major patch shifted the focus from unfettered pvp (which is this game has nailed btw, the pvp in this game is unlike any other) to focus on survival mechanics. It was jarring, but I can see how it could turn-off the pvp junkie.

That's very similar to the reasons I don't play Space Engineers any more (and I have 500 hours in it)... multiplayer servers are broke and laggy as hell, and fixing that has been the lowest of priorities. Well, you can only make your own single player ships that never see actual combat for so long before you're bored out of your mind. For me, that amount of time was three days.

Meanwhile, all the updates have been about adding new blocks and making things pretty and neat for the single player crowd. The endgame of SE is multiplayer PVP survival, and it had so much potential - but the dev just can't seal the deal.

I expect Space Engineers will also be a ghost town long before "launch."

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
1. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 23, 2015, 11:25 Gas Bandit

Really? A freakin' Diablo clone? Uuuuughh.  

News Comments > Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend
2. Re: Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend Mar 19, 2015, 18:59 Gas Bandit

I love Killing Floor. I wish more of my friends played it, but they whine about it being "too intense."  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
8. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:08 Gas Bandit

Squeal like a pig, you shits. Competition. YES. Sew those nipple-flaps in your shirts up, because the gravy train is DERAILED.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Access
6. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Access Feb 20, 2015, 10:10 Gas Bandit

Oh, I recommended it when I had less hours in it. Yes, I suppose you could argue I've "gotten my money out of it" if you ignore the frustrating effects of unrealized potential. I got in early on it, hoping it would grow into something great. If it worked properly, I'd recommend it.

They HAVE my money, I was telling the rest of you not to buy so that you wouldn't waste YOURS. Also, I haven't bought (and won't be buying) medieval engineers. I've learned my lesson.

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Access
1. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Access Feb 19, 2015, 23:11 Gas Bandit

"Successful launch of Space Engineers?" It's still languishing in early access.

Don't buy from these Shysters. I should have heeded the warning when they abandoned Minerwars 2081. Space Engineers is still very alpha, very buggy, very unfinished, has no endgame other than multiplayer, and multiplayer is unplayable due to shit netcode.

And that's coming from a guy with 600+ hours, and made one of the most popular tutorial serieses for the game.

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
25. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 18:46 Gas Bandit

It's not entirely clear to me how DMCA takedowns are supposed to fight cheating.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 20:22 Gas Bandit

I don't know what's more nauseating, that Quinn is still milking her 15 minutes of undeserved fame in this manner, or the way the author of the article linked wears his bias on his sleeve when he defines GamerGate as an "online hate group" in his first sentence.

Shame on Quinn for starting it, shame on Ben Parfitt for writing about it, shame on whoever submitted this article for submitting it, and I really thought better of this site than to greenlight garbage like this for publishing.

I'm not mad, BluesNews, I'm just disappointed in you.

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
2. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 13, 2015, 12:24 Gas Bandit

This bodes ill for Space Engineers, mark my words.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 9, 2015, 19:27 Gas Bandit

Detecting vast amounts of bullshit in this sector, captain.

Being "Gold" means that the final version has been mastered and is ready to send to the publisher for distribution, after which it would be a tremendous ordeal to make any changes. While it is a vestigial term, the technological ability to patch the game up to and beyond release day is no reason to dishonestly abuse the meaning behind it to make people think your game is farther along in development than it is.

The term of the day here is "Intellectual dishonesty."

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
5. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 12:33 Gas Bandit

And to think Sony was crapping itself when Everquest broke 100k subscribers 15 years ago. Such fools, eh? Clearly Everquest, in retrospect, was a horrendous failure and not the revolutionary groundbreaking precedent that opened the floodgates of the MMO Genre.

I'm no fan of the latest crap decisions of Squeenix, but not every MMO has to be WoW, guys.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes Oct 28, 2014, 11:14 Gas Bandit

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:33:
Please announce something new Valve

My reply to you is the third post in this thread. Post three.

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED

/sorry

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 1M
7. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 21, 2014, 03:55 Gas Bandit

Numinar wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 03:53:
I cannot imagine Kerbal, Minecraft, Prison Architect or this title being anywhere near as good as they are without EA.

Gnomoria is another excellent early access game. I highly recommend it.

5. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 21, 2014, 00:10 Gas Bandit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 23:02:

Watched Space Engineers - The Ghetto Bird fights Pirates!

Can you provide a bit more context? Is this a permanent server you have set up, or are you just fooling around with friends?

All footage from the PMCs vs Pirates series comes from a public PVP server called the Plains of Elysium. This is not just "fooling around with friends." The two pirates piloting the frigate in the Ghetto Bird video were well-known bona-fide space pirates (IE, they usually raided other players for resources rather than mine and manufacture them themselves). The battle was real (they all are), and the stakes were real. They escaped me, but (un)fortunately the pilot of their ship crashed to desktop, and the lag was too bad for them to reclaim their ship (unpiloted ships rubberband really bad at high speed and are nearly impossible to catch and reclaim), and that was the last I saw of them on the server.

The Shadow of Kobol starts to figure prominently in the videos that follow, they are a real faction who we (the APC - Anti Piracy Coalition) does combat with on a relatively frequent basis. They were kind enough to send me some of their raw footage from one of our fights and I work it into the narrative.

There's ONE exception, the "Meanwhile at APC Headquarters..." setpiece with the office building sitting on an asteroid was just all hollywood, made it in single player creative. But all other footage is just me (or an opponent) running fraps while we do our thing. Then I edit it together into something presentable.

3. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 20, 2014, 22:23 Gas Bandit

Yeah, it's unfinished. It's alpha as hell with bugs galore. I don't recommend buying it yet. But I can't stop playing it (400 hours and counting).

Not to pimp my channel or anything, but if you want to see what keeps me busy, you can see this playlist - all footage taken on the multiplayer PVP server I play on. All battles and casualties are real in-game emergent gameplay.

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
1. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 18:59 Gas Bandit

Personally I don't think the game is ready to be paid for yet (he says looking at his 350 hours played and string of youtube videos about the game), but there's definitely every reason to pick this up for free and try it out for the weekend to see if it is your bag, baby.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 9, 2014, 18:54 Gas Bandit

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:24:

In the end, though, it baffles me why people would use an eReader from fucking ADOBE.

Well it's not like (Amazon Kindle) there's some sort of free software alternative (Readium) available for people who (Cool Reader) want to read EPUB files, now is there?

/wink wink nudge nudge

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
45. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 13:28 Gas Bandit

I smell shitty console port.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 23:30 Gas Bandit

Kotaku can burn to the ground for all I care. In fact, if that were to happen, it'd be doing the gaming world a favor.  

118 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo