Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gas Bandit

Real Name Gas Bandit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gas Bandit
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description The Gas Bandit
Homepage http://www.gasbanditry.com
Signed On Sep 21, 2009, 00:47
Total Comments 99 (Suspect)
User ID 55217

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 23:30 Gas Bandit

Kotaku can burn to the ground for all I care. In fact, if that were to happen, it'd be doing the gaming world a favor.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
4. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 15:37 Gas Bandit

"Standalone expansion?" It better be $19.99, tops.  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
29. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 19:35 Gas Bandit

If you're wondering what the "5 guys" thing is, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kUVwU0ubEM

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition
1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition Jul 25, 2014, 10:02 Gas Bandit

I'm reading this as "we can't stand to not have a full price SKU on the market at any time, even though the game is really the same game a umpteen expansion packs ago."

I'm still bitter about having "Rebellion" be a separate game (starting at full price again, natch) when it clearly was still just Trinity (Same base content, same game engine, and which in turn naturally was just base SOSE with 2 expansion packs) with an expansion pack. Rebellion should have been, at most, $15 DLC for SOSE.

I mean, it's fine to offer it that way for people who've never bought the game before so they can get it all at once, but way to screw over people who bought your previous titles.

News Comments > EA Financials
3. Re: EA Financials Jul 22, 2014, 18:01 Gas Bandit

"Operating cash flow for the quarter improved $252 million versus the same period last year and hit a Company record high of $964 million on a trailing twelve month basis."

Translation - Idiots gave us $252 million more than they did last year, making it almost a billion dollars more in our pockets since the last time we talked about it.

Make no mistake, gamers - EA might be one of the biggest forces ruining the video gaming industry, but YOU are the ones making it possible for them to do so. Your only way to stop them is to not buy EA games.

"B.. buh.. but but.. Battlefield! But.. Titanfall! But.. Sims!" etc

Did I fucking stutter, you mouthbreather? DO NOT BUY EA GAMES. If you stop, they will go out of business. Good IPs/franchises will be picked up by someone else, someone better.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
5. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 11:00 Gas Bandit

ShakaUVM wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 10:43:
I would so love to play Dwarf Fortress with a usable UI... the ASCII interface is just too big a hurdle for me, and I've played a lot of Nethack in my day.
Check out an early access game on Steam called Gnomoria. It's basically Dwarf Fortress lite with a pretty intuitive isometric graphical interface.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained
3. Re: Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained Jun 20, 2014, 09:38 Gas Bandit

Wow. That's an impressive amount of bullshit to be crammed into one little paragraph.  

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
17. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 9, 2014, 02:08 Gas Bandit

Honestly, most of the popular non-private minecraft servers are shit-cesspools to begin with, and yes, the worst ones gave in-game perks for donations. I hope to see a lot of them close down.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 5, 2014, 09:59 Gas Bandit

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition is also 75% off on steam.

Also, as far as Crusader kings 2 goes?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8135343616/h5F1F6D73/

It's confusing. heh.

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
11. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 20:29 Gas Bandit

I played DAOC for close to 3 years, and Warhammer Online for over a year. I'll say vaya con dios to Mythic now that it's finally buried, but really, the company really stopped being the Mythic who made awesome PVP games when Matt Firor left.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 14:06 Gas Bandit

I was sorely disappointed in how consolized FC3 was for PC. The visuals were sub par and the controls were irritating. Which is a shame because the story and advancement system really had me interested. But I just couldn't keep playing.

Also, Uplay is now a deal breaker for me. I already have steam, thanks - I don't need steam AND origin AND uplay AND whatever the hell comes next to serve as yet another waste of resources "hoop" I have to jump through to get to my game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 12, 2014, 21:52 Gas Bandit

Are we ready to disband the NSA yet?  

News Comments > Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update
1. Re: Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update May 12, 2014, 21:48 Gas Bandit

Meanwhile those worthless bastards STILL haven't patched out the GFWL dependency of Street Fighter 4. Man, I miss when capcom wasn't a towering sack of shit.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
2. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 10:46 Gas Bandit

Welcome to the WildStar Beta! Your key is:

(blank space)

Head over to the NCsoft login page and add it! An e-mail with this key is already sent to you!

(checks e-mail... nothing there)

Welp!

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Launches in North America
2. Re: Minecraft Realms Launches in North America Apr 24, 2014, 19:01 Gas Bandit

I notice nowhere is there any indication of max simultaneous players. For $13/mo, you can get hosting already that starts to kinda get hokey around 4 or 5 simultaneous players, depending on what they're doing.  

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
8. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 19:26 Gas Bandit

Hrm... what about Borderlands 1? It uses gamespy too.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
36. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 00:12 Gas Bandit

I was a kickstarter backer, and have been playing the early access for it a bit (and no, they didn't charge me twice, I got it, and the android version of the original carmageddon for backing), and while it has excellent potential and I like some of the little touches I see so far, it's VERY alpha and has a lot of work left to be done.

VERY alpha. Like, not optimized at all, still kinda ugly, still kinda clunky, but has the potential to be every bit as good as its predecessors, maybe even better. I'm liking some of the new powerups too.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2014, 04:39 Gas Bandit

rElEaSe Me MoRtAl FrOm My RuNe-EnCrUsTeD pRiSoN aNd I pRoMiSe NoT tO dEvOuR yOuR sOuL. mUcH.  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
17. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 12, 2014, 02:39 Gas Bandit

Heard interesting things, I'll check it out I think... (clicks link)

Oh, I have to subscribe to a newsletter? Well, I suppose I can stomach that, I'll use my not-mail e-mail address.. (clicks link for PC)

ORIGIN? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. Interest now = ZERO.

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Jan 28, 2014, 18:53 Gas Bandit

Die gagging and convulsing, EA.  

99 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo