Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Derek Hall

Real Name Derek Hall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wrigleyvillain
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 8, 2009, 22:37
Total Comments 50 (Suspect)
User ID 55197

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: AMD Radeon HD 6990 Mar 8, 2011, 14:31 wrigleyvillain

LittleMe wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 09:58:
Took them long enough... Nice to have it out now. Good option for those of us with only one PCI-e x16 slot plus a 30" Display

Fixed that for ya.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 2, 2011, 13:20 wrigleyvillain

InBlack if you're getting by still with an 800GT you want like an AMD 6870 or an Nvdia GTX 560 perhaps (or a GTX 460 even for less).

The 6990 is the 6000-series dual GPU on a single card (like the 5970 and the 4870X2 before it) so it's going to be very expensive (and thus much faster than a single-chip GTX 580).

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2011, 13:27.

News Comments > BF2 Content in Battlefield 3?
25. Re: BF2 Content in Battlefield 3? Feb 6, 2011, 15:26 wrigleyvillain

Yeah Forgotten Hope 2, Project Reality and others all fantastic, top-notch work.

Sepharo wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 03:33:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 02:58:
can't say i've ever bothered to play a mod in and BF games. I'd rather a more polished product or more content, than have amateur content from fans

Never played BF mods but you're ready to brush them off as unpolished? Desert Combat ended up being a better game than 1942, it was certainly far ahead of its time. The developers got picked up by DICE to work on BF2.

Also the vast majority of mods for the BF series and most moddable FPS in general aren't total conversions. They're small scripts, modified vehicle spawns, management controls, new game modes. All things that improve the game but don't bring any measurable profit to the publisher.

You've likely been playing on servers with lots of different mods, just not total conversions.

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Beta Extended
8. Re: BF2142 Patch Beta Extended Jan 18, 2011, 17:37 wrigleyvillain

Damn I just bought on the EA Store over the holidays. On sale for $8; can't really complain.  

News Comments > 1 Million GameRanger Users
13. Re: 1 Million GameRanger Users Oct 12, 2010, 13:57 wrigleyvillain

Scott Kevill wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 04:08:
wrigleyvillain wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 01:05:
I had account number 1016 or something. If I still had that email address in order to use thta original account I might check it out on Windows.

If you can remember any more details, I might be able to dig it up for you.

Hey Scott I thought you might see this. It's eL_RuKN! I think I used derek@onshore.com

News Comments > 1 Million GameRanger Users
7. Re: 1 Million GameRanger Users Oct 12, 2010, 01:05 wrigleyvillain

Wow. GR started in 1999; developed and coded by a guy from Perth. Nice to see that it's still going and growing.

I had account number 1016 or something. If I still had that email address in order to use thta original account I might check it out on Windows. But yeah this thing was great for Mac gaming back in the day once there were a few decent shooters and associated mods such as Unreal, Quake 2 and 3, etc. and you could get a decent card like a Voodoo 2. But I still my built my first PC in 2000.

News Comments > Airstrike Eagles of WWII Add-on
1. Re: Airstrike Eagles of WWII Add-on Sep 14, 2010, 13:11 wrigleyvillain

This doesn't purport to be for flight sim fans in any way, shape or form and supposedly has fun gameplay. Think I'm gonna pick this up now...  

News Comments > Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer
7. Re: Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer Aug 8, 2010, 22:40 wrigleyvillain

Great news! The original Unreal has stayed really well updated over the years thanks to Smirftsch over at oldunreal.com and OpenGL for UT was already mentioned but this takes it up another notch! Man if only people stlll played Rune (I tried like 2 years ago; no servers)  

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
38. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 13:15 wrigleyvillain

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 11:50:
Mass Effect 2 is one of the best PC ports I have ever played, can't believe people are complaining about that. Bioware clearly put a lot of effort into the PC version.

Except for the 70 FOV and inability to change it without screwing up zoom and cutscenes I share your praise...

News Comments > Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale
19. Re: Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale Jun 23, 2010, 17:34 wrigleyvillain

More here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235278

(and this guy prefers DX9; worth reading the whole 5 page thread)

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 16:36 wrigleyvillain

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:09:
I don't mind a demo coming out so late. I know ME2 is a great game, but I haven't got around to getting it (mainly due to $ issues)

Now I can check it out and be sure that I like it. Plus the retail price has no doubt dropped since release.

I have it on the way from Amazon for $28 shipped.

News Comments > Steam Client Patched
1. Re: Steam Client Patched Jun 8, 2010, 00:15 wrigleyvillain

Microsoft doesn't support Win2K anymore but Valve still does!  

News Comments > Strike Delays Bad Company 2 Patch
2. Re: Strike Delays Bad Company 2 Patch Jun 7, 2010, 11:24 wrigleyvillain

ffs this is like 6 days old and this usually being a very well up to date site I posted it a few places only to be told it was old news (and the linked article is from the 1st).

Fail on both of our parts, Blue.

News Comments > New Forgotten Hope 2
2. Re: New Forgotten Hope 2 May 17, 2010, 14:23 wrigleyvillain

Yeah 1.5xx way outdated. Pretty sure only a patch from the last release which was 2.25.

This is a great mod, practically a whole new game, which keeps getting better.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Kit
4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Kit May 3, 2010, 13:19 wrigleyvillain

Agreed. My first thought (and hope) upon reading the title was " near future custom maps?!"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2010, 16:49 wrigleyvillain

Thanks for posting the RIP for Jack Herer. Not something I expected to see here and it was appreciated.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
10. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Apr 19, 2010, 16:40 wrigleyvillain

Never did they actually say they were nerfing anything but rather balancing which could very well simply mean other weapons improve in terms of damage and/or accuracy.

At any rate, given how twisted panties seem to get when it comes to the power of certain weapons (on both sides of the fence), I think it is wise they are doing it this way (e.g. not telling us details off the bat).

Agreed, kudos to a good list!

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
34. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 15:00 wrigleyvillain

No issues with Windows 7 x64 here.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
27. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 14:10 wrigleyvillain

Anyone having blue screens or stability problems should try stock settings if your machine (and/or video card) is presently overclocked. I don't care if it'll pass large FFTs in Prime95 or Furmark for a week straight. Try stock (perhaps with a little extra voltage on NB and CPU). For some reason this game is extremely sensitive to even the slightest hardware instabilities.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2010, 17:27 wrigleyvillain

Ah Mexican Coca Cola. Besides the cheap-ass rent the one awesome thing about living in a Mexican 'hood in Chicago.

Recently saw some "limited edition" cans of "Throwback Pepsi" with sugar too at another random corner store.

50 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo