Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G-Snake

Real Name G-Snake   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2009, 15:19
Total Comments 62 (Suspect)
User ID 55187

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
1. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 11:08 G-Snake

This cracked $500k last night around supper time EST...it's already almost at a million ~12 hours later after launching just a few days ago? This kickstarter is something else...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend
10. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend May 23, 2012, 22:01 G-Snake

This game is a little rough around the edges, but I still play it on occasion and if there are decent servers, it's a fun game for sure.

What I like about it (aside from kickass bolt-action rifles) are the small little gameplay things they got right. The cover system, the leaning, the being able to run while you're crouched, being able to rest your weapon along a window ledge to stabilize it. Not to mention I actually like the netcode in RO2, you shoot a guy and it feels like a solid kill everytime.

The game runs a little sluggish at times and doesn't have the polish of a AAA title, but if you like FPS shooters, check this one out, you might be surprised.

PS. I have not played this newly patched version...my opinions are based on older builds of the game. I'll try to post an update after playing the new version for a bit

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Server Patch
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 12:00 G-Snake

Enkur wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 11:42:
I am not sure why people are comlaining so much. They have been releasing a steady stream of patches.

You mean a steady stream of liquid shit that took 6 months to properly patch post-launch? They've released a handful of shitty small patches, and one useless large one, I hardly call that a steady stream of patches.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 11:33 G-Snake

Jackplug wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 04:28:
Its just a hacked to hell game with no gameplay with failed mass destruction.

It's sad that 'destruction' was a huge selling point in this game and yet it's easily worse than destruction from Bad Company 2. There are pre-canned destruction sequences that kill people randomly...and then there are multiple parts of a building that are indestructible.

At least BF3 helped finalize DICE's death, doubt too many original Battlefield fans will ever buy a DICE product again.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 23:11 G-Snake

You mean they claim to have fixed things that were claimed to have been fixed in that last large (1.6 GB) client patch? DICE can't even keep up with their own change logs since half of the things they claimed to have previously fixed are still issues in the game.

They should just worry about making the netcode as tight as possible instead of stupid unwanted expansion packs or stupid shit tweaks to guns that don't need them. Unfortunately this won't happen and the netcode will still be garbage by the time the Closet Combat DLC drops.

/not mad

News Comments > PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details
39. Re: PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details Apr 4, 2012, 03:44 G-Snake

StealthR6 wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 21:21:
When did Ubi release the last good Tom Clancy game? Answer: 2003

QFT, discussion over.

A 3rd person 'shooter' with DRM and stupid uplay bloatwear? Get the fuck outta here ubisoft.

Gotta say, not buying EA and Ubisoft games is nice...feels good man.

News Comments > Rockstar: We're Getting the Band Back Together
5. Re: Rockstar: We're Getting the Band Back Together Mar 23, 2012, 14:36 G-Snake

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 11:34:
Give me Red Dead Redemption for the PC or fuckoff.

QFMFT

News Comments > SimCity 5 Next Year?
12. Re: SimCity 5 Next Year? Mar 5, 2012, 12:53 G-Snake

I was all excited about some new Sim City news until I remembered that EA is involved

Excitement destroyed, EA wins again.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 4, 2012, 19:12 G-Snake

It's looking like the character models, prologues, and endings for most of the characters presumed to be DLC (including Elena, Guy, Alisa, Mega Man, Pac-Man and other fan favorites) for the Xbox 360 version of the game are actually on disc.

Dear Capcom, go fuck yourself

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Today
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:04 G-Snake

DICE has shown that they've become one of the worst developers in terms of communication with community, it's become pathetic but not something we should be surprised by.

We were supposed to hear about a new DLC last week, nothing. We were told a real patch would be dropping in February, still nothing or no news. Battlefield 3, as much of a technical marvel that it is, is EASILY the most disappointing game in the series, much much more so than Bad Company games.

I'm sure I'm not alone when saying BF3 will be the last DICE game I've purchased. I'm expecting we'll hear an announcement about Battlefield 2143 and how DICE will be working on Medal of Honor 2 long before we hear anything about the new DLC/new content.

Good job destroying your brand and alienating your community DICE, at least you guys are still efficient at something

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2011, 11:47 G-Snake

Battlefield 3 PC VoIP issues 'bahaha like we give a shit about you PC goons' says DICE.

News Comments > Rainbow 6 Patriots Details; Art
6. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Details; Art Nov 29, 2011, 07:36 G-Snake

There's a really, really simple way of determining what type of game this new Rainbow 6 is going to be, I'll answer this question with one simple fact.

If the main character(s) run around the game without headgear, while their other teammates wear full headgear, you can bet we're getting another game like Vegas. The 'main' hero is so badass that he doesn't need a helmet or any of that stuff.

Bring back Ding Chavez and the actual tactical nature of Rainbow Six games, not this new-age console bullshit with fast-repelling down the side of a fucking bridge during a colossal rainstorm. Take it down a few notches Michael Bay.

This game will be a major fail.

News Comments > Stereoscopic 3D in Battlefield 3
4. Re: Stereoscopic 3D in Battlefield 3 Nov 27, 2011, 22:16 G-Snake

Don't fix the actual game DICE, no that would make too much sense. Instead add a fucking useless feature that less than 1% of the users will use.

DICE has really shat all over the Battlefield name. BF3 is depressingly unfinished and broken. If you seriously think the netcode is good in this game I suggest a psychiatric evaluation, fucking pathetic.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer
14. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 17:49 G-Snake

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 14:25:
I see the grumpy BF3 haters are back in town.

Heres an idea, don't like it, don't buy it. The servers are gonna be much more pleasant without grumpy ranters.

Pretty sure everyone is hating on EA and not Battlefield 3, in fact I don't think I've seen anyone specifically hate on BF3 here.

EA on the other hand, it's entirely justified. EA has done virtually everything they could possibly do short of cancelling this game to ruin the hype and excitement leading up to it, but should we expect anything less from EA at this point? Nope!

News Comments > Rambo Game Plans
3. Re: Rambo Game Plans Aug 4, 2011, 12:42 G-Snake

Get ready for yet another movie-inspired terrible console-port for an overpriced game that will likely play like Delta Force 2, but with a clunky, broken 3rd person camera...

I can't wait!

*Sorry for slandering Delta Force 2, it was just the first ancient game that came to mind.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
54. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 24, 2011, 14:19 G-Snake

Thanks to the noobs!

You guys helped me set new life high scores for a bunch of classes.

PS. I love you Valve.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week
16. Re: Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week Jun 21, 2011, 14:01 G-Snake

hubricide wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:55:
TF2 lost me at hat grinding.

Wait, adding an optional, cosmetic feature is a reason to stop playing a game that's probably the best $10 value you're going to find?

I could see if they nerfed guns or ruined balance, yeah sure.

'Omg they gave my main character a haircut...that was the last straw! '

News Comments > BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours
30. Re: BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 G-Snake

While it would be kind of shitty to buy a full-priced game for a 10 hour experience, you're robbing yourself of the vast majority of the game by not playing multiplayer.

I bought Battlefield 2 for $50 and have put 600 hours into the multiplayer, probably closer to 1000 if you take mods into account.

1000 hours of some of the best entertainment I've ever had for $50 is a steal. That's roughly 5 cents an hour I've paid to play this game for over 6 years.

Single-player fans: hope that this game comes out for OnLive, that way there you can pay $5.99 for a 5-day pass, beat the single player in that time, and not have to pay full price if you're not interested in multiplayer.

News Comments > ARMA 3 Trailer
21. Re: ARMA 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 19:35 G-Snake

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 15:14:
Play Warfare. Done.
Dont need a squad to enjoy the game. People are cool enough on those public servers.

Dont listen to the console kids who whine about bugs, because there have been no big ones since a few months after release. Yes, it has bugs, but every real PC ever had bugs, especially huge and complex ones like ArmA 2. Funnily everyone hacks on ArmA 2 now since its one of the very last real PC games, and of course cant hold up to the dumbed down and bugless console ports in that aspect.

But if you realize what this game is all about, it is still the best game out there right now. I just cant get enough of it. The awesome support just adds to it.

Of course you will die a thousands deaths before you master ArmA 2 and will think, its impossible to not die a thousand deaths each game. Ive been playing it for years and still die dumb deaths, but I realize every time that it was my own fault.
ArmA 2 has a very steep learning curve and can be very frustrating since it makes you feel like a complete noob and playing against cheaters, even for OFP veterans.

I'll take your advice, reinstall it, and try playing again. I don't mind getting frustrated in games, to me that's half the fun, seeing how much work it will take, and then going through the challenge of it.

News Comments > ARMA 3 Trailer
3. Re: ARMA 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 10:57 G-Snake

I kept hearing that Arma 2 was this great game that would make me forget about games like Battlefield and CoD, so I decided to pick it up on a steam sale.

The game seems like it COULD be good, however no matter what server I join, I get a lot of lag that causes the game to be mostly unplayable (yes I try to find those close with low ping, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of North American-based servers). If I actually manage to join a server, it's mostly guys standing around, or if someone gets a chopper, they fly 5 miles only to be instantly shot down near any kind of hostile.

Could someone explain to me a way to enjoy this game? It seems like I would like it.

The trailer for Arma III looks very impressive if that's actual in-game footage, which I imagine it is if Arma III is a PC exclusive.

62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo