Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Crazed-One

Real Name Crazed-One   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Chromius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description INFJ, x-USMC, Beer and Wine lover, Simulations and Strategy are my weakness.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 24, 2009, 00:36
Total Comments 46 (Suspect)
User ID 55170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Modification for Arma II
60. Re: DayZ Modification for Arma II May 17, 2012, 11:50 Chromius

The mod has been created by an employee of Bis, and Bis has stated they will work with him to fix things specifically for the Dayz mod in the next 1.61 patch.

Also I read somewhere that the mod was tested by Bis in Arma 3 and does work. So I imagine the work to port it over will be negligible. Hopefully 1.61 and or Arma 3 fix some of the annoying bugs that keep it from being better. Bis/Arma 3 are fully realizing the potential gain in supporting this mod and this is only an Alpha so I can not imagine it will not be much improved upon.

Yeah I have been having fun with it, but you can see it can potentially get old after the initial fun/wow factor wears off if it is not expanded upon and improved.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced
3. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 Chromius

explative......explative.....explative Ubisoft!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 18:03 Chromius

Have they improved the pvp mechanics over GW1. I bought GW1 played through leveled up and grew bored with the PvP vs WoW. I have not played Wow for a year and have been away from mmo's a year but miss pvp. I have watched a lot of the GW2 movies on pvp but I am still unsure. The world Pvp sounds dam promising.

But I have been let down by every mmo so far since Ultima Online, only Lineage 2 stood out and I bought and played most of them or did beta. DAOC,swg,AoC,Warhammer ect..ect.. I recently tried to jump back into mmo pvp and felt as though I wasted 50 dollars on swtor though if I were into pve and stories its worth it. And who knows they might fix pvp down the road.

I hate to waste money to try a beta but I am tempted, though pvp goes hand in hand with beer guzzling for me.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Patch
11. Re: Crusader Kings II Patch Apr 19, 2012, 17:01 Chromius

At the age of 55 I ran the Kingdom of Norway while my wife enjoyed such games as tag and hide and go seek.

I do not like my wars being automatically ended when the King dies and the son takes over, I lost all progress in England, and after reclaiming most of it I had some sort of automatic white peace declared, still learning the mechanics, never did CK1, only Vic2, EU3, Rome.

All in all good fun though.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 16:32 Chromius

Teddy wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 14:43:
Tim Collins wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 07:58:
I can tell u that there is absolutely no end game. Once u hit 50 there isn't much to do. I ended up pvping everyday till 1.2, at that point I got so much rage from playing the pointless game I quit.

Yup, none whatsoever. Just disregard the 8 hard mode dungeons and the 3 raids, each with 3 difficulties. Nothing there at all.

Hes talking about PVP not PVE. I too bought it after having some fun leveling through first trial, as I have been away from MMO a year and was missing Wow pvp. Leveled to 50 on The Fatman busiest server, PVP'ed half my leveling, got some new BM gear, but found that pre 1.2 was better pvp than 1.2 pvp and they did nothing to promote Ilum which is dead, so have fun playing 4 random maps over and over with no way to que for the ones you like. I personally like the Hutball map as a new concept but normally am not in the mood to play it.

There is an imbalance in server skill with Imp vs Republic, I like to go underdog but the ratio of Imp numbers skill/equipment vs Republic is pretty bad on top of character imbalance, counters are fine but Imps have it to easy.

Unsubbed/uninstalled till 1.3, thinking of going back to wow to level my future enhance shaman for ganking all leveling panda's in Mists.

Then again I end up not spending enough time with my simulations and strategy when I play those dang mmo's

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
239. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 17, 2012, 10:25 Chromius

Link on Blues yesterday.

Web freedom facing greatest threat: Google founder.

This thread started over a bad console port passing blame onto piracy.

This is why using the piracy card and blowing it out of proportion is going to have bad effects, as we know that its actual effect's are close to ten times less than what they make it out to be.

There is plenty of real info out there to prove that they want to pass a variety of laws that will make internet in the US as restrictive as China's and everything you do on said internet will be recorded and possibly used against you. They will eventually pass said laws.

True Story.

But all is well lets made bad games and bad console ports and blame piracy, just like the rest.

Keep yourself updated these people update you whenever new legislation or some related bill is being attempted to be passed. http://blog.demandprogress.org/campaigns/

You will be amazed.

197. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 11, 2012, 17:23 Chromius

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:30:
I don't really see how it's different from any other cause of regulation. Sure big companies push it for money reasons, but in the end they can only do so because people are so flagrantly abusive of the freedom offered.

Pretty much every regulation comes from similar abuses.

So now we are flagrantly abusing our freedom? Whoa back the train up, so that means we need to have our freedom removed because of other peoples flagrant abuse. There is a loophole in everything yet when its abuse by a small amount it equals our freedom removed. A person shoots someone with a gun it an excuse to start a vendetta to take away gun rights.

Hey the rich use and abuse loopholes in a great many things do you see their freedoms being removed? Or any Bills or Laws passed to rein it in. We lose our freedom whenever the wealthy or govt feels insecure about its hold on domination and or mostly greed. Like profit loopholes to not pay billions or even a trillion in taxes and we are worried about pirating a 20 dollar console port. lol. Yes Congress please convene so we can pass a new Bill.

178. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 11, 2012, 12:29 Chromius

Well you have to look at the big picture.

Yes, we realize piracy is bad and is happening a lot, buts its impact has been overall blown out of proportion(in terms of lost real profit). This in turn will be used against us in taking away from your rights and freedoms as the internet being used as a resource to share knowledge on things the govts and the rich do not want you to know. Period. It is shortsighted and narrow to cry poor me i lost sales and make it out to be 10 times worse than it is. (profit wise) and cause it to be a tool to be used to take away from your freedoms and rights which are unrelated. Im tired of the brainwashed monkeys jumping on the train and allowing it to careen out of control, as they want.

You need to wake up, browse real financial forums and see that real people are believing in the supposed conspiracy theories with real information to back it up concerning financial manipulation and war profiteering, and that the narrowsighted and selfish "Oh we lost pc sales and movie sales" and what not is going to be a large addition to us losing tools to share this real and factual knowledge.

Hey i know its unrelated, but look at the Carlyle groups profits in the last 4 years in a bad economy, 120 billion, lol the Guardian UK had an article about something funny going on with them at 15B in 2000 and the Obamas administration GDP to debt curve, something funny looking there.

So i have gone a little of topic, but this is the reason the Piracy card ticks me off. You should see the bills they keep attempting to pass every few weeks on the internet, you think the Patriot act is bad, lol. They want to be able to shut down anything they want full govt control like China. Oh the elite like the China model and are working to instill it here. Wake up and educate yourselves, it is NOT conspiracy theory, get yer heads out of yer butt.

Thomas Jefferson said the best tool we would have to combat a government that turns tyrannical in its power is to talk amongst yourselves and educate each other as to the state of things.

I dont give a damn about piracy, but hey if your in the 100k or more per year you will gladly vote Obama as the class divide widens.

But hey "Poor me I lost some potential profit" you wont even care in 5 or 10 years.

37. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 11:20 Chromius

"We made a PC version of Bulletstorm, and it didn't do very well on PC and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem."

Oh and yeah they do not want you to to dl it and try it, they want you to digitally purchase it or physically purchase it and have NO way to return it when you figure out its a crappy PC port.

They already did away with large boxes and decent manuals, but hey since the actual content of most of these games are miniscule you do not need a box or even a manual.

34. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 11:13 Chromius

To the people buying the whole "Piracy is huge thing" you are brainwashed, piracy is made out to be much larger than it actually is, these people go to their board meetings and tell them this is why they failed, when in reality it is not the issue, Piracy is the "Get out of jail free card". Private research on this from different non affiliated groups have time and time again said it really is only about 10% or less of what they claim and the US is actually very low, yet the MPAA claim its higher and cry losses and are actually able to get tax write offs over it and act like fascist nazis in other countries. Every download is not a sale, and marketing plays a large factor never mind the current economy and it has been found that most people "able" to purchase a product will even after downloading. I used to purchase 4 boxed games per month, I may have returned 1 and received my money back. Guess what the things they claim are pc games are mostly console ports with very little effort in utilizing the pc's capabilities. The gaming and movie industry are running out of ideas and pushing out loads of garbage, then they play the "piracy card" , lol

Quite believing the hype because "piracy" is actually going to be used to get more control over the internet and cut off Americans from REAL INFORMATION not conspiracy theory stuff. Gee I saw a 2 hour History channel episode of engineers talking about why the 9/11 could not have happened the way it did, it never aired in the US, but if you want to believe everything you read without using logic or researching it go for it. The first of many things they will do when they get control over the internet will be shut off site like the one with 1500+ engineers asking for a REAL investigation into 9/11, so yeah feed the piracy hype by all means.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2012, 12:20 Chromius

Idiocracy is coming true. That is all I have to say concerning present US TV. I returned from living overseas for 6 years and the UK History channel is much better. Before I left I was paying for 2 extra tier packages just to get History International

I was going to watch Mad Men it seems interesting and Game of Thrones is good.

Conspiracy theories do not seem so far fetched these days, they utilize the media to break down family values and morality. And no I am not talking about the Govt. Hmm why did the bill never get passed to allow us to pay for just the channels we wanted lol. Money. Why is it more than half of Senators and Congress are millionaires? Oops I better stop.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update
44. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update Mar 19, 2012, 11:00 Chromius

Okinawa, Japan. The year is 1988, I sit fervently in front of my Apple IIe with its 4 color cga monitor. (state of the art) The guys in the open barracks are all heading out to BC street and then some to the red light district for a night of drinking maybe fighting then some whoring. They cannot believe I am going to spend the entire weekend doing nothing but playing Wasteland........

I upgraded from an Apple II+ to the IIe just for Wasteland, lol.

Dam I'm old. I backed it.

I would also like people to check out Graviteams new

Steel Armor: Blaze of War

3D tank simulator in modern setting

http://graviteam-games.goodluckwith.us/eng/projects-2/steel-armor-blaze-of-war/

Its a small niche as the simulations have a smaller following its on Gamersgate for 29.99 recently released.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
29. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 18:40 Chromius

Wow I am excited. I believe I may have to continue breathing for a while till this comes out. It may make the act of continuing to breath in this nerfed world worthwhile, lol.

I sort of enjoyed JA BiA but too much was ripped out especially fow, lets hope this is much better.

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
6. Re: Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions Mar 2, 2012, 10:08 Chromius

That is awesome.

Its still not going to stop me from starting the next American revolution vs evil capitalism gone wrong. muhahahhahahahahah

Glad I bought Minecraft, I am into Simulations and strategy but minecraft with mods is a bit of fun

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 18:42 Chromius

Happy El Presidente Day!

Yeah I have been a reader/lurker since this was Quake News. Lost my original account login though years ago.

Thanks for your dedication.

aka Crazed-One/crazypsyko Q1, Duke 3d

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
18. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 18:33 Chromius

'We’re changing our QA processes based on this game, and we’re changing the whole model of how we make games with third parties. We’ve added amendments to existing contracts to prepare, to try and stop it from happening again."

Give me a break, as someone else said it is not just 3rd party, they have done the same thing with many other Paradox titles.

Its well known that most of the strategy games they release are fixed and more playable 6 months later.

But Paradox is one of the very few making some great grand strategy titles so I have to live with it.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
47. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 17, 2011, 15:15 Chromius

I would say that this will have negative results on any future Fallout releases. The corporate number crunchers will want more of ES/Skyrim in future Fallout due to numbers of sales of a similar engine. I just replayed F1 and F2 and with the appalling console ports being released it looks like I will just replay old stuff.

I am having fun with Skyrim on its own, but am sick of just getting a console port, they complain about PC specific optimization but they are just getting lazy and are after the easy money, mostly once again affected by the same thing plaguing most everything.... corporate greed and inefficiency. They just are not using PC's to their potential.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2011, 15:52.

News Comments > Wargame - European Escalation Website
2. Re: Wargame - European Escalation Website Aug 6, 2011, 16:09 Chromius

Same, also interested.

I am glad I took the time to read up on it on the website. I am not really into RTS but this is the type of RTS with some complexity I have been waiting for. Over 300 units, morale, ammo, Cold War what if's.

I like what I see. I am definitely watching this one. If you like strategy wargames it is worth reading up on this RTS.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
53. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 28, 2010, 16:40 Chromius

The COD/MOH are great 1 player games but they are a bit too short for the money spent, I have never bothered with the multiplayer. BF2 and BF BC2 / Vietnam are definitely better MP, get Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Vietnam now they are on sale for Christmas you wont be sorry.

I definitely agree with the masses statement, there is a severe lack of intelligent television these days and I swear things are going backwards, look at the difference in what the UK HST is putting out for a documentary vs US HST which has had to mix entertainment w/ documentary to get you to actually watch something that you learn from which has degraded its content. Reminds me of when I was a 19 year old instructor in the military and used more swear words and jokes to keep peoples attention because I was not that experienced. I still like fun TV do not get me wrong, but I cant hack American Idol and Dancing with the Stars which may be akin to COD at this point.

The family gene tree and intelligence quotient from "Idiocracy" is looking like more of a reality these days.

Peace/Cheers

News Comments > Games Compared to Drugs (Again)
23. Re: Games Compared to Drugs (Again) Apr 29, 2010, 02:22 Chromius

This post was written in frustration. Bad Me.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2010, 17:45.

46 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo