Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Crazed-One

Real Name Crazed-One   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Chromius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description INFJ, x-USMC, Beer and Wine lover, Simulations and Strategy are my weakness.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 24, 2009, 00:36
Total Comments 44 (Suspect)
User ID 55170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 10:09 Chromius

Thanks for the heads up on the books. I too am quite hooked on the series, and I am glad I did not read the books ahead of time. (I was like did they really just kill Ned Stark and then, did they really just kill Robb and his mother? lol) Every show is packed with surprise and leaves me hanging. (I am not much of a TV person normally.)

I have all the books on my Kindle, where should I stop in book three? I bought the books for another in household and only gave them up to book three since they always skip to the end, (and made them promise not to skip to the end of the books in a bookstore.) that way watching the show would still be more interesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed Jul 20, 2013, 11:02 Chromius

I am very excited for this.

I played Wasteland on an Apple IIc in 1988 in an open squad bay barracks at Camp Foster in Okinawa Japan.

Yoi ichi-nichi o sugosu

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wargame AirLand Battle
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wargame AirLand Battle May 30, 2013, 14:53 Chromius

Yes, last one was heavy micromanagement and NO ability to live pause and check stats on units or give orders.

Does this one have the ability to live pause and give orders and check things out? Such a small feature that is left out of some of these type of titles. Let me choose how I want to play, not force me to play by the rules they enforce.

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
56. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 13:06 Chromius

Thank goodness!

Win 7 x64 is my last Microsoft product.

I will never pay 1 cent for anything made by Microsoft or its subsidiaries.

F them.

News Comments > Wargaming's Open Source Support
4. Re: Wargaming's Open Source Support May 23, 2013, 12:57 Chromius

The Match Maker is proven as being rigged. They posted their copyright to the MM code when suing the new browser based tank game. The MM allows them to completely control the matchmaking and it is the farthest thing from random.

They control every aspect of how you are matched up to slow grinding and maintain a public MM ratio of 48-52% UNLESS you platoon a lot, or learn exactly how many wins or how much time you can play before you hit their man made brick wall of losing.

Greed is not just ruining governments and monetary systems it is in gaming also. Think of everything as a scale, and balance too far one way is wrong.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
24. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 09:04 Chromius

I was excited about this when I saw the initial gameplay trailer, but after playing the Demo I found that like most games coming out these days, it has very nice graphics wrapped around an over simplified Xcom.

I honestly would prefer an updated UFO game that has some depth vs this, it is not an improved Xcom...........

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
147. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 24, 2012, 10:54 Chromius

We the people should be able to sue them for spreading lies in the media. This type of BS is used as "proof" to try and hand over control of the internet to the govt and have regulations and censorship on par with China, in the form of CISPA ect.....

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 09:40 Chromius

Let them go out of business and fade away and let another replace them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 08:59 Chromius

Threewave CTF #1 I agree

I really did like the original TF mod though it was no where near as popular, I do wish it had not been so cut down to make it popular.

I think I still have my TEN coaster from Duke3d.

I just hope for once they keep up with the anticheat. I have personally witnessed in CS-S beta all the people on the same server I played on who I had no problems wasting "suddenly" all became pro overnight (moslty all in the same clan.)

News Comments > Crytek Shanghai Opens
12. Re: Crytek Shanghai Opens Aug 8, 2012, 16:18 Chromius

I cant help myself.

America has been sold out from under you, globalization means profits for the rich and America going from 2nd world to a 3rd world country. Why did we bother to pass child labor laws if corporations can buy industrial complexes in a Communist Dictatorship country and pay 2 dollars per hour. Oh wait why did we bother fighting all those wars fighting communism just to hand all our industry to China. Our system was broken by the businessmen who became our public servants, who then lobbied and changed the laws to avoid any govt. tampering with large business getting away with it.

China is going to close the gap and surpass our current technology mostly because of all the tech being placed into their hands by us.

Did you all know Corporate Profits are at an all time high during Obamas administration, and they bs you with the regulations thing. GDP as wages and taking into account inflation is the lowest ever and has been on a steady fall since 1955 with wages being lower and cost of living rising, with the largest drop being the last 4 years.

Nafta trade agreement really? We were in a 24 billion trade surplus and went to a 36 billion trade deficit and let all the cheap labor come over the border. (This is the reason it happened) But investors and company who moved their businesses to Mexico profited big time while we lost jobs and wages dropped. I witnessed a 50 person factory that paid 12-15 hrly change overnight to shuttled in immigrants making min wage. The company was then sold for a massive profit the following year.

If you are currently working in a steady job with the same wages you will not see all this, the media will placate you into believing all is well. They will completely sell us out because of the debt or govt created through very bad choices.

The wars are all bs, did you know the reason the USSR fell apart was that Afghanistan broke them financially. They are not even doing anything about the poppy fields other than token efforts. Follow the money trail and the plans for the region and you will soon see the absolute truth of it.

DHS doing its job, nope its all to intimidate you. There is an FBI map on a govt site showing the almost open border with Mexico and the Mexican drug cartels have moved into every major American city. Whats the use of DHC terrorist can just smuggle in with the drugs.

Here is a recent poll you will never see on the news Recent Gallup poll on American faith in the Media is only 26% the lowest ever, and that high in my opinion as the only "truth" they give you is one sided with NO facts to substantiate it. Never mind we are ranking number 76 in the country list on freedom of speech and this is America, LOL!

Please wake up what I am stating are facts, and not off any conspiracy site, gee you can read the real financial forums and find out the whole mortgage thing was a scandal but still no US arrests, and whats with the President getting away with what 3 counts of treason vs the US never mind what hidden in the Fast and the Furious 100k of pages we will never see.

Anyway, not the right place for this, but hey Thomas Jefferson said the only way we would get through what is now taking place is to educate and have controversy and to not trust the media.

Does everyone know how immigration is supposed to work??? I lived abroad and got work permits, I know and have read many immigration sites just to see if I could get a work permit, and it is quite difficult unless you have a degree or a certain skill.

Immigration is only allowed when there are skilled job shortages! And never for things like working at mcdonalds or landscaping or any other job an unemployed citizen could do first. This drove the wages down or kept them at a minimum. Why let people come to our colleges and go to school and take jobs our citizens could do, they will accept lower wages and fill the pockets of the colleges. The biggest scam in history is taking place right before your eyes and 90% or more of Americans will not see it.

Read about some facts share the information hand out flyers if you can with key points that will wake people up. Do it for your friends and family and especially the children. You do not even have to make it about religion as it is about people and respect for each other and being somewhat ethical and moral in you daily interactions with others.

And please even if you do not want to vote vote for Romney the current lesser of two evils, it will at least buy the American people a little more time.

Peace

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Announced
6. Re: Total War: Rome II Announced Jul 2, 2012, 11:12 Chromius

I am excited, but can we get an improved AI this time? I do not at all care if the graphics are improved I want to see people start improving the AI for sp.  

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2012, 00:04 Chromius

A game does not even need to be made for todays consoles for it to be dumbed down for the console masses. Civ 5 was very basic on release and its funny how you all get faked out by the pretty graphics, just like the oversized boobs on the blonde bimbos on tv that are ugly as hell. It was simple and is simple.

Most of these games go for graphics over intelligent thought out content and design, take this big recent game by Big Huge Games Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning, many of you thought it was great the gameplay was tedious and repetititives and the 3rd person view was abysmal, it was many steps back from the PC rpg predecessors. My only thought was wtf is this?

PC games have been infected by Idiocracy , lol. Never mind Capitalism has purchased our Democracy and most of the tards in the US cant see it. Baah no use there is no intelligent life here. mmmm wine.

No wonder US is dropping in education value. Hey we need some new pc games that show you how to tie your shoes and pick up your dirty dishes lol

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 16:52 Chromius

Civ IV was the last Civ game for me. Civ 5 was dumbed down (simplified) way too much for the console masses just like many other titles in the last few years. It is good they improved it a little though. Have not played the expansion, but I just cant see how it competes with Civ IV Beyond the Sword after reading about it?

I think I need a second copy of Arma II so I can have a "just for fun" character in Dayz. Though I should just wait for Arma 3.

Sins of a solar Empire dam ai pirates get obnoxious.

I played the original Dues Ex and loved it, the the second one did not interest me much so I never purchased it, is Deus Ex Human Revolutions decent by PC standards? and is the second one worth playing?

Hmm I loved Max Payne the original when it came out think I had a pc that ran it maxed out and smooth but missed Max Payne 2, seems 3 is really good by many accounts making me consider playing through part 1 if i can get it to run and trying out 2 before 3? I replayed through both Mass Effect 1 and 2 before playing 3

Wow being single again after yrs of misery gives me so much time for gaming, lol. And as a bonus I am not trying to sort out and support someone elses disrespectful heathen children. (rant)

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
10. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 18:11 Chromius

Glad this made it, looking forward to Xcom, Wasteland 2 and Dead State.  

News Comments > Dead State Interviews
5. Re: Dead State Interviews Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 Chromius

Come on peoples, this is looking really good. Its almost to the 150k mark lets get it to the 180k mark. You know you can afford to back something for 15 dollars.

Man some of these like Xcom and Wasteland 2 are actually making me excited over gaming again, 95% of what comes out these days holds no interest anymore, I moved on to purely simulations and strategy.

As a person who used to buy 4 boxed games with manuals a month (back in the days), I have gone to 1 maybee every 3 months know. Piracy is not the issue, crap movies and pc(console) games are.

News Comments > DayZ Interview
14. Re: DayZ Interview Jun 10, 2012, 09:20 Chromius

There are other articles that elude to the fact that this is just the Alpha test using Arma 2 CO as the testing ground. Things said point towards it ending up as a standalone product like Iron Front Invasion 1944, but I would imagine that it will end up a standalone product using Arma 3 as the engine in the end. And cleaning up the netcode seems to be a priority for Arma 2 and Arma 3.  

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter
15. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Jun 7, 2012, 09:54 Chromius

Make sure to check the link, this is not just "another" zombie game.

Sort of Fallout/Xcom with survival RPG. I have not really played any zombie games other than Dayz mod and Dead Island (never finished) but this one stands out for me. Im in.. (watches savings trickle away.)

Now the economy just needs to hold together till this and Wasteland 2 are complete.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
36. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 09:27 Chromius

All that focus on DLC's and no focus on Anti-cheat which is worse than most people realize, as the good cheaters play the hack so they appear skilled and not as obvious hacks. Clans with one so-so hacker can alter an existing hack and never get caught due to it being slightly altered and never released mainstream. I only play Hardcore and its obvious that people can bypass the hardcore settings.

I remember CS-S beta playing on the same server all the time wasting the clan members that played there over and over with very few deaths and suddenly one day they all had skills they did not have the day before and when confronted claimed they just gotten used to the new physics, lol. They had obviously converted their CS 1.6 hacks to CS-S.

Since the Dayz mod forced me to figure out Arma 2 all I can say is goodby BF3 and hello Arma 3. I may even jump back into the new CS Global Offensive, but it will most likely get hacked also. The new generation wants everything easy and cheating = winz = skillz.

News Comments > DayZ Modification for Arma II
60. Re: DayZ Modification for Arma II May 17, 2012, 11:50 Chromius

The mod has been created by an employee of Bis, and Bis has stated they will work with him to fix things specifically for the Dayz mod in the next 1.61 patch.

Also I read somewhere that the mod was tested by Bis in Arma 3 and does work. So I imagine the work to port it over will be negligible. Hopefully 1.61 and or Arma 3 fix some of the annoying bugs that keep it from being better. Bis/Arma 3 are fully realizing the potential gain in supporting this mod and this is only an Alpha so I can not imagine it will not be much improved upon.

Yeah I have been having fun with it, but you can see it can potentially get old after the initial fun/wow factor wears off if it is not expanded upon and improved.

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced
3. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 Chromius

explative......explative.....explative Ubisoft!!!!!!!!!  

44 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo