Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1024 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints
6. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 10:47 vacs

Dead Space 3?

This news comes totally unexpected. I really thought that the DS trilogy was finished after the second installment... hm wait?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Kickstarter
3. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 05:06 vacs

Damn, this is becoming really expensive for me now...  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2012, 06:33 vacs

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 21:51:
Did everyone get an Assassin's Creed coupon on Steam for 50% off, or is steam giving out birthday coupons now?

At first I wanted to reply to that post that I don't own any of the AC games and still got the coupon (not my birthday either), but then I realized that I actually bought the first one during a holiday sale and never played or even installed it.

So, I guess this AC3 coupon is definitely only for AC owners.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 22, 2012, 02:31 vacs

Stacking is a simple but fun game, well worth the 15$ if you like adventure games but this offers in addition to that a unique interface and gameplay.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy J.U.L.I.A.
3. Re: Ships Ahoy J.U.L.I.A. Mar 3, 2012, 05:37 vacs

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 01:47:
NOLF is still one of my all time faves. Had zero expectations going in and absolutely adored it!

For me it was even worse, I absolutely hated the demo and somehow after reading many reviews, especially the old man murray one, I convinced myself to try the full game and so N.O.L.F. became one of my greatest (FPS) gaming experiences ever.

Anyway, I am actually considering buying this game (J.U.L.I.A.)... the moment it is available on Steam, that is.

News Comments > Double Fine Adventure Platforms & More Details Revealed
8. Re: Double Fine Adventure Platforms & More Details Revealed Feb 16, 2012, 05:11 vacs

wow, this project is going to way more awesome than anyone, including Tim, could have ever imagined. And we are going to have Psychonauts 2. Must be a crazy time for Tim

In addition to that, hopefully, amazing adventure game, I will also receive a 900-piece limited DF poster with signatures of Tim and Ron. Amazing times for too, indeed. Waited almost 20 years to get a collectors item like from my personal heroes

News Comments > Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2
5. Re: Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2 Feb 7, 2012, 10:29 vacs

Unfortunately because of this, I am now forced to buy Minecraft, just to show Markus Persson how awesome his offer is...  

News Comments > THQ's Losses
3. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 04:40 vacs

Creston wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 22:57:
Oh THQ. If only you'd done Red Faction Guerilla II :P

Armaggedon was not as bad as people make it (I actually enjoyed as long as it lasted) but a Guerilla II would have been at least 10 times more exciting, that's for sure.

News Comments > The Darkness II Demo This Month
7. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 13, 2012, 06:47 vacs

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 01:12:
'To me', it looks like a 'Left4Dead me too product' with bad cartoon/comic book style character/color additions.

What? It's a story-driven, single-player game where you play as a single character who has both guns and demonic tentacles. The co-op mode is just a bonus, likely tacked on because publishers demand that all games have co-op these days.

I can only confirm this. The Darkness (I) at least had really nothing with L4D in common, except both being first-person-view shooters...

This is unique, very dark and atmospheric story-driven single-player game with many cool moments and some great ideas (like the immortal end-boss without going into further details to spoil the scene).

Co-op? Not interested, this should be enjoyed as a pure single-player game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 7, 2012, 08:52 vacs

Within next year? So, that's going to be 2013 then... and they would be already be late if the ship them next month...  

News Comments > Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting
3. Re: Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting Nov 18, 2011, 11:08 vacs

After seeing the trailer, I actually was thinking to buy this game (I already own all of the Sam & Max games and the first Monkey Island Season). This is now not going to happen. Sorry TellTale, these are not business practices.  

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
59. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 13:16 vacs

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 10:34:
Or you could just not buy this sort of garbage at all. Problem solved.

That's precisely what I meant. EA doesn't play fair and they want to enforce they online delivering service... well then just don't buy the game at all. The game will be anyway full of cheaters two weeks after its release...

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
6. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 09:50 vacs

justice7 wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 09:36:
The crap thing is, I may end up having to pick this up via Origin... *barF*

Which, of course, is *exactly* what they want. Use a predominant AAA title to force customers to switch from a third party content deliever to their own service. This would never work with a small, unknown title but BF3 is just perfect for this strategy.

If you like a free market with a lot of competition, then be strong and don't buy BF3... I'll will do so for sure.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2011, 14:02 vacs

Krovven wrote on Jul 4, 2011, 12:50:
Dev wrote on Jul 4, 2011, 06:38:
So going down briefly for maintenance at 5am EST (2am PST) is unacceptable?

This was no maintenance as confirmed by Valve already, several servers were unexpectedly down but everything has been restored by Valve within an hour...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2011, 05:16 vacs

on a different note: Steam is completely down, no connections can be made to any steam server worldwide. Of course one can still play one's game offline.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch
10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 06:06 vacs

It was clear from the beginning that FEAR3 will be a steam sale contender for me. I gonna buy when it's available for 15$ for less.

Like with almost all the games currently on my steam wishlist... Just a few rare games nowadays are worth 50$ anyway.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
24. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:49 vacs

Lorcin wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 21:37:
lol must be getting old - I had to see what ram my graphics card.

Was thinking the same thing. A few years ago I could instantly tell what speeds my GPU memory and core is clocked at without looking, now I can't even remember the name of my GPU card.

I had to look up the amount of memory on my card too. Luckily I also got 1GB

News Comments > RAGE 2 Already Planned
9. Re: RAGE 2 Already Planned Jun 10, 2011, 09:24 vacs

Doom 4 will be avaialblr in stores in a few months time and will be called SS3. No need to wait for id to go back to their roots of Doom1-2 like action.  

News Comments > New Duke Nukem Eternity
4. Re: New Duke Nukem Eternity May 20, 2011, 04:27 vacs

Does this also work on my iPhone?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 27, 2011, 11:40 vacs

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 11:33:
Yeah, but it's been a great week for the rest of laughing our asses off at the Sony fanboys!

Yes, the week almost couldn't have been any better. Wait, no, it could have been better. Apple could also have been hacked like this. That would be great fun look at all this crapplefans

1024 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo