Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 986 (Graduate)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 4, 2010, 07:02 vacs

RCH wrote on Jul 4, 2010, 03:57:
I thought Apple was a member of the blu-ray consortium. Has that changed?

no, they still are but Steve found out that he can make more money by selling movies over itunes than by paying licence fees for every blu-ray drive and every software player he bundles with Macs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Jun 30, 2010, 02:35 vacs

Sempai wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 16:40:
I care.

Are some people still on dial-up? I really feel sorry for you guys...

News Comments > Monkey Island 2 SE Pre-Purchase Bonus
1. Re: Monkey Island 2 SE Pre-Purchase Bonus Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 vacs

Instant buy, no doubt.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2010, 05:14 vacs

So why has the 2nd generation been called "3G" then? It's clear that Apple wants to confuse the people by making them believe it offers festures which are in fact not included.

False marketing at it's best and yet nobody can do anything against it, typical Apple.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2010, 20:12 vacs

Why do they keep calling it "iPhone 4G"? It's a 3G device! Apple is as always at least 6 months behind.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements
16. Re: Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements Jun 14, 2010, 16:31 vacs

and when did they announce that Dead Space 2 would come to the PC? I thought they didn't want to release it on the PC because of too much "piracy"...  

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures?
7. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures? Apr 29, 2010, 12:18 vacs

Blue wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 10:30:
I agree -- if this is not newsworthy, it's my fault for posting it, not George's for saying it.

and hereby I confirm that this is certainly newsworthy because I really like to be kept informed about all the IW departures and I don't have the time to look it up by myself.

News like this is essentially the reason why I still read Blue's News regularly ever since it was created. Actually there is no other website (on any other subject) which I have been reading as long as BN because for some strange reason, this site is the only one which is posting the "interesting" gaming news and not bloated. I thank Blue for this

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2010, 09:02 vacs

no Just Cause 2?

I thought the demo was real fun and the full game should be one those rare games really justifying a 50$ price tag... disappointing

News Comments > ATI AvP Hotfix
4. Re: ATI AvP Hotfix Feb 26, 2010, 10:14 vacs

Why does ATI need a hotfix for every new game being released?  

News Comments > OSX Steam Coming?
5. Re: OSX Steam Coming? Feb 24, 2010, 22:26 vacs

It's only a OSX skin for Steam!

Just joking ;)

I'm sure...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Military seeks one bad-ass universal speech translator. Feb 18, 2010, 08:05 vacs

Ask George Lucas, he should have a spare C3PO.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2010, 05:04 vacs

kxmode wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 02:57:
Wasn't Lennon's killer addicted to Catcher in the Rye?

yes, I remember that from the movie "The Killing Of John Lennon"... great movie BTW

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
39. Re: Apple iPad Announced Jan 27, 2010, 17:12 vacs

StreetPreacher wrote on Jan 27, 2010, 16:15:
This is what happens when people have runaway success with several products in a row (iPod, MacBook, iPhone...). They start drinking the Kool Aid and thinking that they can do no wrong.

yeah, but the worst part of it will be that it is certainly going to be a huge success, even though it should fail.

This is Apple, remember. People will buy the iPad, even if they don't need it..

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers Redux
15. Re: Steam Bestsellers Redux Dec 15, 2009, 10:01 vacs

The fact that everyone in the world already owns counter strike source, and it continues to seemingly sell so well bodes for me that digital sales just aren't as high as everyone would like to believe...

... or it means that digital sales opened the doorway to a new market with gamers who rarely buy games in retail stores and harvesting now good multiplayer games for a few bucks because it's cheap and easy to do, even for casual gamers.

In fact, there is no doubt anymore that digital sales have become very significant and if a publisher skips this market, they will lose a lot of cash.

News Comments > Steam Preorders
8. Re: Steam Preorders Nov 7, 2009, 12:55 vacs

The comment on the Engine site was interesting... I always thought NOLF2 and TRON 2.0 were Lithtech engines, not Jupiter. Or maybe Jupiter is what they called the engine after Lithtech.

Jupiter is the new Lithtech engine, after Lithtech 3.0, a second development team build a new engine based on their previous experience and this engine is now the only engine Monolith is still maintaining... and used in their latest titles.

News Comments > Steam Preorders
5. Re: Steam Preorders Nov 7, 2009, 06:52 vacs

I really wanted to buy SSHD... until I saw the price.

Seriously, I'm not handing out 18$ just for high-resolution textures for a 7 year old game which I completed already at least 10 times before.

10$ and I would have bought it; and it's not really about money but rather about principle. Just have a look at the classic Lucasarts releases. LA got at leaast that part right.

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
6. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 12, 2009, 16:52 vacs

They only do that in Steam threads Dev...because it's cool to hate on Valve.

no no no. You got that all wrong!

It's not cool to hate Valve, it's necessary!!

News Comments > OnLive has Funding, Patents
17. Re: OnLive has Funding, Patents Sep 30, 2009, 18:13 vacs

This company was not brought to life to make money with its services, it never will.

They are just waiting to be bought by a much bigger player because of its patents and (theorectical) potential, fulfilling the wet dream of Perlman and his co-founders to make a lot money by fooling people.

This is like Ageia all over again...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 10, 2009, 17:55 vacs

Those runtimes updates should always be installed because these are the only updates you get for your DirectX installation.

These runtime packages are released every two months and include all the latest bug- and securityfixes, and most importantly the latest DirectX libraries needed by the latest games.

Not sure why Microsoft is not offering these on Windows Update because some people think this redistribution packages are only meant for developers and do not include any updates, which is clearly wrong.

News Comments > RAGE Engine Details
24. Re: RAGE Engine Details Aug 7, 2009, 03:55 vacs

It's mind boggling that it took 10 freaking years for him to pull his head out of his ass and actually make something beyond a 2d 8bit sky.

And who says that the sky in Rage is now 3D FP 24-bit and still not another high-resolution 2d bitmap put around a sky cube?

Looks 2d-ish to me, the added sun flare effect doesn't mean it's now a real 3d sky

986 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo